Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Default Bathing suits...blah...

I haven't put a bathing suit on my body in probably about five years. Didn't like how I looked in them. Well, on Saturday we're going to visit a family member with a pool, and do some Fourth of July swimming, cooking out, etc. So a bathing suit was needed, and I was actually fairly excited...I mean, I'm in a size 4 or 6 suit now, so there'd be a TON of options, right?!

Wrong.

ALL the store had were two pieces. I tried on a few "tankini" tops that covered my midsection...but the tops were a no go. They had bra tops built in, but "The girl" are so gross with all the hanging skin that they wouldn't fit right into them, no matter how tight I tied the top and/or back.

So I bought a sleeveless workout top and shorts to wear. Sucks that I lost 80 pounds and still can't wear or find a decent bathing suit.

The only good thing about my trip Saturday? Made a definite decision that I want breast implants now. I'd been going back and forth, but crying in the dressing room over how much that shopping trip sucked simply because of my chest was the last straw. Saving up starting today...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Mindi--I am in the same boat youre in with "the girls." I did manage a suit but after a ton of trying on and trying on. Unlike you, I don't have any boobs. I ended up finding two sets of fake boobies that are sewn inside my suit--yes, two sets.

I am also in North Texas and have located a doctor I feel really great about. A friend of mine just had surgery last week. If you decide you want his name, let me know. He will do a consult for fifty dollars.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

The best thing about 3FC is not being alone. I wen through this process last summer. I was so excited to try on bathing suits and so horrified when I did. I settled on swimming shorts and a bikini top with another top with built in bra over it. Between the loose skin on my belly and the sad condition of the girls it's the most workable solution I've found so far.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

This is the first year I've felt great in a swimsuit for 20 years! I bought one at Walmart (what a joke) and the bottoms were too big and the top didn't cover the nipples even. I'm a 32G so life is rather interesting. Finally I broke down and got a really nice tankini from LandsEnd. The swimskirt is a size 6 which fits fine and the top is an 8 with a DD shelf bra. I was totally amazed that it fit! I even wear it to mow the lawn, LOL
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I haven't looked very hard for one yet (I want to!), but I KNOW it will have to have underwire. All those soft cup swimsuits out there kind of mystify me.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #6  

Hmmm...maybe an underwire suit would've worked. But the selection was HORRIBLE!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
Hmmm...maybe an underwire suit would've worked. But the selection was HORRIBLE!!!
Yeah, and I just don't get that. I don't *think* most women are so perky. Maybe I'm wrong.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #8  

Same here...just don't understand. There's no WAY a major retail store could possibly believe that all women want skimpy two pieces or non-supportive cups...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #9  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Which store did you go to? Maybe try a few more? I looked for one piece at Khols in the spring but they were UGLY but that is where I got my two other simple, plain one piece suits. What about Dicks? They have speedo brands. They are usually expensive but maybe they will have a sale going on right about now.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #10  

We went to Target and Wal-Mart...didn't have a lot of time, and the husband was sick of hanging out while I shopped. I didn't want to spend a ton, because this is literally the first time I've had a desire to swim in 5 years, or had access to a pool. So no telling when I'll be around one again...may look again Thursday at some other places though, since I may be shopping without the husband...
Old 06-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #11  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I would definitely go look elsewhere. Walmart and Target really do seem to cater to teenagers who want skimpy bikinis. Especially Target.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #12  
BabyFatBeGone

S/C/G: 163/145/130

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I found a nice 2 piece tankini at Kohls. It has underwire support and is not very skimpy. The only thing is that I am not thrilled with the bottom which is like a skirt and flares up the moment I enter the water. Kohls also had shorts that went with the top and I might go and buy that.
BabyFatGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #13  
Workin' It

I saw a lot of nice suits at Kohl's, I agree that Wal Mart & Target are all two piece or soft cups. You can try JC Penney's also - they had a good selection last time I was in there.

It was trying on lingerie that made me decide on breast implants, not bathing suits, but for similar reasons. I had lost weight but nothing I tried on anywhere fit me right. Not just didn't fit right, looked really terrible on my tiny yet seriously saggy bobbies. I went into the shopping experience looking forward to it, left pretty devastated. Feel free to PM me if you have any breast augmentation questions.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

Lands' End should be your friend!

They have a TON of one-piece options. Some have underwire. They even have mastectomy suits that you can put inserts into, if you want to practice what it might be like to have implants that you so desire!
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #15  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

And it isn't like the lighting in the bathing suit shops is flattering!!! OMG, my heart is breaking for you. After all the work, you'd think this one thing wouldn't suck so MUCH...I'm so sorry, hon...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote