3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Blah :| (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/205728-blah-%7C.html)

Onederchic 06-28-2010 02:25 AM

Blah :|

I've stayed on plan the past week with eating until tonight and I blow it. When my bf gets home from work he has me a snickers bar and then he went and got us double quarter pounder meals from McDonalds and I ate the whole thing :( I am disgusted with myself right now :(

roxmysox 06-28-2010 02:45 AM

:hug:

Onederchic 06-28-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxmysox (Post 3360942)
:hug:

Thank you. I needed that but probably need a kick to the butt more hehe :hug:

gerbies 06-28-2010 08:06 AM

That's o.k....it happens. The key is getting right back to where you want to be as soon as possible. Plus, look how successful you've been!

TXMary2 06-28-2010 08:09 AM

The good thing is you recognize what you did right? Reality is what you ate wasn't 3500 calories so you won't gain, but you do know it makes you feel crappy. Just forgive yourself and get back to plan. You are so awesome and such an inspiration to so many here - you give me hope and it is nice to know the road to success is not perfect. Workout longer today or something - cut back a couple hundred calories today - it will all be ok. :)

LotusMama 06-28-2010 08:26 AM

This sort of thing happens to all of us sometimes!

But, look how far you've come. I am sure that there was a time in your life where eating that way might have seemed like no big deal. The fact that it is bothering you shows how different your lifestyle is now.

I agree with TXMary--this diversion is not going to make you gain weight (whatever you do, though, do not step on the scale today because you may retain water from the meal because you really aren't used to eating like that). Get right back on plan and move forward...it is all okay and eating off plan one day is not going to make a bit of difference in the larger scheme of your weight loss journey.

Hang in there,

J

time2lose 06-28-2010 08:50 AM

OK, you know what happened. How many extra calories did you consume?

IMHO- Being disgusted with yourself does not help one thing. The fact is you consumed some extra calories and fat. Is it a big problem? Only if you continue to do it. One time is not going to affect your weight over the long term. However, if you eat like this on a regular basis, it certainly will.

I vote for letting this time go, but make sure that it is a long time before it happens again.

An additional thought that I have - if your BF is like my husband, since you ate it once, he will bring it again. I have had this happen many times with my husband. I have to say "No, thanks" even when his intentions are good or he will keep bringing me the junk. Just a thought.

renstwin 06-28-2010 09:33 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with eating a bit of junk every now and then...as long as it is not a regular habit. You have come so far, you are not going to magically gain 20 pounds by eating one junky meal!

Keep your head high, shake it off, and keep going!

:) Hugs to you!

mingle 06-28-2010 09:59 AM

Shake it off & keep at it. Once slip up does not negate all the hard work you've accomplished!

GirlyGirlSebas 06-28-2010 10:01 AM

Disgust is negative. Don't dwell on that. Give some thought to why you allowed this to happen and what you will do to keep it from happening in the future. Make a plan for the next time and move on!

TJFitnessDiva 06-28-2010 10:02 AM

It'll be ok :) nothing you can really do now after the fact except acknowledge this slip up, learn & move on.

Sounds like you need to retrain the bf a little too :lol:

Bunti 06-28-2010 11:38 AM

I hope your minute of self-disgust is over. Jump right back on your plan. Consider yourself gently kicked in the fanny if that's what you need. I hope you'll return the favor some day.

BTW, you are an inspiration to us all-- now we know your really human, too!!!

I hope someday to be in onederland too, and you've done it!!!!

I hope you were able to enjoy your little lapse, and move on. It'd be a shame if your have to have guilt for something that wasn't either good for you (don't think it was, especially) or yummy.(may have been)

calluna 06-28-2010 11:39 AM

How do you feel physically today after eating poorly?

KatMarie 06-28-2010 11:40 AM

Tell your boyfriend not to bring you food anymore. My hubby would always bring me home junk food, because he knew I liked it and he wanted to make me happy. But, now he knows it doesn't make me happy anymore, so he quit.

rockinrobin 06-28-2010 11:58 AM

You see, I don't see anything wrong with feeling badly about having a slip up. I'm not talking about a planned splurge, but an UN-planned one. I'm not talking about utter disgust with myself either for that matter.

But I think feeling *badly* about it has it's place. Because as soon as I start feeling *good* about the slip ups, as soon as they don't bother me, well then they'd be occurring a lot more often! So I think it's kinda okay to feel badly about eating something that is off-ish.

If I told a sick friend that I would stop by to visit her and I didn't - I'd feel badly about it. I don't think I need to serve time or anything like that, but it doesn't feel so great and that's okay to acknowledge that. I view my food slip ups in the same manner.

Nevertheless, I have no doubt onederchic that you will be right back on plan today - and that is vital, keeping those slips up as singular events.