Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 01:55 PM   #16  

Oh, I forgot, I have some other good news. My husband found out that he will be home by Sept 15 at the latest. WAHOO. then my life can finely get bact to the way it's supposed to be!!!!

Thought you all would like to know. And thanks for letting me brag.

Bella23
Old 07-16-2002, 04:27 PM   #17  

Just popping in to say, "Hi" to everyone.

It seems that several of us have losened our grip on healthy choices, but it's only a lose grip, right Jenniffer? Hmmm? You and I need to tighten that grip right back up and get busy. We can do it together.

velvet: So glad to hear about your mom getting through that stroke. My mom is 78 and I know how you feel about all these health issues.

tamara: This may seem cold, but it certainly is not meant to be: Babies are pretty resilient. It's us moms that seem fragile at times. When my first was born and her belly button came off while I was changing her diaper, she started to cry like it hurt, so then I started crying like I did something wrong. Geez! Ever since DH has had to put up with 2 emotional females.

love to all,
annie
Old 07-16-2002, 04:41 PM   #18  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Tamara my sister did that to my DD2 on her christening day with her wearing the gown that i was baptised in and all my family was. she was bleeding all over!!. and my son climbed in the palypen with my other new son and he steped on his finger and tore his fingernail off. that was terrible.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:49 PM   #19  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Oh we can all tell stories about our kids..
I was changing Sara on the bathroom counter top.. (she was about 4 months old) - not really mobile yet.. or so I thought! Right behind we was the linen closet where I kept her diapers. I turned to get a diaper and she rolled off the bathroom counter onto the floor!! I rushed her to the dr and she was fine by the time I got there.

Now a days any little bo-bo seems to be fixed with a "barbie band-aid" - thank goodness for those!

Lately I've been eating to my max everyday - just hanging on to this diet! I want some control back! Sometimes I feel like I'm not done eating till my points are gone. I must learn to stop when I'm not hungry - not when the points are done.

Dana
Old 07-17-2002, 01:49 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I am starting to get ticked off with my weight. I think I should have lost and it knocks on 5 pounds. GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Well other than that I am doing good. I am making myself workout this week. I am not going to let this happen again. If I need to I will be posting everyday to make myself accountable. I will do this. I will sweat to the oldies, I will swim, I will do whatever it takes to lose those 5 pounds next week. No more junk food. I lost .5 pounds for the 2nd quarter. I will have a lose of at least a pound by the quarter end in September my goal was 8-10 pounds by labor day now with this gain I need to add 5 pounds to that. I will do it. I WILL do it. Thanks for letting me give myself a pep talk.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:13 PM   #21  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

you are too funny Tamara!! just stay op and the 5 lbs will just drop off. it is your body trying to hold on the water thinking that if it retains then the food will stay too. drink drink drink and within a few days it will all come flooding out (hopfully not on the floor!! LOL)
Old 07-17-2002, 07:48 PM   #22  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Thumbs up

Darn it.. I blew tonight..
ate pizza ..2 slices.. and 4 chocolate chip cookies. I just felt myself slipping today.. Just mad at myself. The worst part is the pizza wasn't that good.. and I am so full and uncomfortable right now.

I have no excuse that can be justified...
have to move on..

darn it!

Dana
Old 07-18-2002, 09:12 AM   #23  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

okay.. back on track today.. what I did last night was just stupid.. I didn't feel good all night! I was 18 points over for the day I can make that up. I am starting to realize that pizza is a red light food for me. - and it's not even my favourite food. Hey.. this is a learning experience. Just takes me 3 times to realize that pizza is a big time red light food for me

It has finally cooled down here in WI - so if you live in the east - it's coming your way

Where is everyone.. not too many people have been posting on this thread lately.

This morning I am making a egg white omlette with red pepper and onions.. 1 pt w/ some fruit or something.

Dana
Old 07-18-2002, 09:26 AM   #24  
Losin It For GOOD!

Good Morning All..
It's the heatwave before the coldfront here today... hot and VERY humid, which means my nose is bleeding again. Geesh is it annoying... and frustrating because there is nothing they can do.

I'm now on my 9th day OP! This is going to be a record breaking streak if I keep this up... But I know I can do it. Hubby told me this AM he can REALLY see/feel a difference, so I am PSYCHED!

Only bummer is I worked out with Richard for 15 minutes last night (all the time I had!) and woke up at about 4 am with the WORST charley horse in my calf I have ever had in my life! It's still REALLY sore... so I'm hoping it clears up so I can work out tonight... To all you nurses out there - Is it ok for me to work out even if its sore? I'm doing low impact aerobics with LOTS of stretching before hand...

I made my first crock pot meal last night.. well it was just some meat sauce.. it was SOOOO good. So hooray that the first crock pot meal was a success.

Well I should be off, lots of work to do!

Love to all!
Old 07-18-2002, 09:43 AM   #25  

Goodmorning, HOT, HOT, HOT and plenty of humidity to go around over here. It's torture outside.

Work is another nightmare, both ofice mates are out today, so I've been crazy. And one office mate is out till August 5th. So, this nightmare won't be ending any time soon. Boo Hoo!

Try to come back later..

HI everyone!!!!

Last edited by Jenniffer; 07-18-2002 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:19 AM   #26  

Thanks BA & Slimdown for the inspiration I need this morning. BA, nine days OP is terrific. Slimdown, glad you're back on track today. I feel like I'm on the verge of doing something I'll regret foodwise. Not a hunger for anything, more like a slump in perseverance. Have not gone crazy yet but need to get my motivation back in gear. Have been doing well on water, ready to leave for pool exercising now. Food ok so far today. Just have this weird feeling I'm ready to blow it. I know it's ok to take a day off now and then but I want to save that for an occasion or something special not just because I've lost enthusiasm. Maybe I'll feel more "up" after the exercise.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:49 AM   #27  
Losin It For GOOD!

*bouncing up and down*

Go Look at the Progress Pictures Thread!!!!

Old 07-18-2002, 10:51 AM   #28  

Yesterday wasn't the greatest but wasn't horrible either. I took the kids to the fair and ate the bottoms of there ice cream cones. Then when I got home I had about 4 chips. They didn't taste good so I through the rest of the bag in the trash. And I only got down about 80 oz of water. So I wasn't totally on program but I didn't totally mess up.

I am in it for the long run today. I will be 100% OP today. I know it. I need to be so I can loose my labor day goal!!!!

Well good luck to all of you. And have a GREAT day.
Bella23
Old 07-18-2002, 11:09 AM   #29  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Bella. you didn't do too bad at all!!

I find it really hard when dd, Sara has ice-cream.. it's melting all over the place and if I lick it for her it will be back in control. She screams at me.. but I don't want to taste it. I now bring lots of napkins and try to clean up that way so my mouth doesn't touch it!
Old 07-18-2002, 11:50 AM   #30  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up WARNING: This message is full of venom, whining, and self-pity (and REALLY long!)

Girls, I am just so frustrated right now. I have been so depressed since we came back from vacation. It's a mixture of things, really. My grandmother has been gone for three years now, so my grandfather is the only grandparent I have left. When I was growing up, he was one of the few positive male role models in my life and he always believed I was a "good kid" no matter what. He's 85 years old, moving slow because of MS and just plain old age, and I left his house just knowing that that was the last time I was ever going to see him. He gave my husband his old '68 Ford pickup - hubby's a motorhead and he and BIL got it running after it had been sitting for six years. It's been planned for a while, but still, seeing it change hands, it just made me realize all the more that we're only here for a short time.

Part of it, too, might be that general feeling of antsyness (if that's a word...) I get when I stay in one place for a long time. I think it's a hazard of being both a military brat and a military wife. The longest I have ever lived in one place was in the place I consider my "hometown." We moved there when I was in the middle of third grade and I left right after I turned 19. I met and married hubby while he was in the Navy, and he just retired last year after 20 years in. In that time, we generally moved to a new town every three years, and oftentimes due to circumstances beyond our control, we lived in more than one house in each of those towns. Being in CA again kind of gave me that change of scenery (and I think, change of routine) that made me feel like I was on the cusp of something new again. (Of course, my practical side remembers how much I HATE moving!)

And then there's school...I wasn't a horrible teacher my first year, but you know, being a teacher is such a huge responsibility. These are the lives of children we are talking about, here. I'm entrusted to make sure a room full of half-hormonal 10, 11, and 12 year olds get a good education. But teachers today are so much more than that...we're surrogate parents, we're counselors, we're law enforcement officers, we're social workers...It is tough... I cannot help but to love them like they were my own...my students are NOT from happy middle class families, for the most part. One of my girls lived with her grandmother, along with a combination of four other siblings and cousins, in a tiny trailer on the edge of a cotton field. She never slept well because she didn't have any real space of her own. Her mother suffers from mental illness, and I suspect she was beginning to show signs of it herself. Another child's mom walked away from his life - for a BOYFRIEND. I guess he didn't like kids. Another one came to school with a u-shaped gash in his forearm. His mother had beaten him with the business-end of an extension cord for arguing with his brother. It is so overwhelming, and so many times at the end of the day, I just have nothing left to give.

And then there's the weight issue...It's a vicious cycle, isn't it? I know my weight doesn't make me who I am, but you know, it *does* in many ways. I lack self-confidence. My self-esteem is pretty much in the toilet. I look in the mirror and I see ugly and fat. Some days I can't even bring myself to look in a mirror - not even when I'm brushing my teeth. My hair is long and straight, so it's combable by touch. All I have to do is check my part, which I can do in the rear view mirror of my car because there all I see is the top of my head and my eyes (which are the only body part I truly adore on me). I rarely wear makeup, because I've been told I look better without it. Daughter will tell me if I'm buttoned straight or if I have lint on the back of my pants. I hate the mirror and how it makes me feel. I will dress up and my mind's eye knows I look HOT, then I'll look in the mirror and my real eye will see me for what I am - lumpy and chunky and just way unattractive. I am ruined for the rest of the day.

And I am ANGRY about it. I am TIRED of having to watch every stupid little bite that goes in my mouth. I am TIRED of listening to skinny little *itches talk about how they have "fat pants" in their closet - that are a SIZE FIVE! I am TIRED of three-steps-forward, two-steps back (although these days it's more like three-steps-forward, eight-steps-back.) I am PISSED OFF at society for giving lip service to "size doesn't matter," then MAKING it matter. Some days I just think "I don't want to do this anymore" then I realize if I quit it will be the same vicious cycle again and again and again and I have these almost-humorous visions of me just getting bigger and bigger and bigger until - one day - POP!

So, in the meantime, I am hanging on by a shred of a fingernail. I'm going to WW tonight, but only because I don't know what else to do. I'm treating it almost like an AA meeting. Part of me says hang on. Part of me says give in. But part of me knows that if I give in, my life is over.

Jennelle
Closed Thread