3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Jingle Away the Jiggle v. Chat Thread 7/27-8/1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/177706-jingle-away-jiggle-v-chat-thread-7-27-8-1-a.html)

ANewCreation 08-02-2009 03:11 AM

Didn't exercise as much as I wanted. Overdid it one day and the arthritic knee rebelled big time the next. Got a steroid shot in it and it's been a bit sore but I can feel it kicking in. Looking forward to a new week of exercise and staying on track. I sure hope this steroid shot does the trick for me!

Good girl food--I too am fond of the strawberries! And white peaches...yummy for the sweet tooth!

Just have to add that the 1st was our 23rd wedding anniversary and we went out to eat at a fondue place. I can not believe that my 'pig out' was nothing compared to former 'pig outs'. I am telling you that I ate no white bread, no tortilla chips, only a couple of bites of the potatoes and--this is the biggie folks--only had one brownie bite dipped in dark chocolate. Actually left a brownie bite behind. I did have a small cookie and some fruit dipped in the dark chocolate. I know it sounds like I ate alot of food and it definetly is not something I can do on a regular basis but for a night out this was not nearly as much as I would have consumed a few short weeks ago.

Most importantly, I didn't have that sugar high then crash. I didn't feel overstuffed and uncomfortable.

I'm proud of me!

lottie63 08-02-2009 11:14 AM

It doesn't sound like you went too overboard at all!

congrats on learning new eating habits! :D

ANewCreation 08-02-2009 03:47 PM

Thank you Lottie! You are such an encourager!

LitChick 08-03-2009 04:31 PM

I am a little late but I wanted to get my two cents in. :D

I have been doing pretty good with the exercise. I try to vary up what I do at the gym so I don't get bored. That said, I am quickly getting addicted to cycling classes - my butt doesn't even hurt all that much anymore! I was very proud of myself today, as Mondays are typically the day I have all good intentions of getting up and going to the gym before work but then when the time actually comes I find I'd rather sleep in. I *almost* did that today, was this close to pulling the covers back over my head and hitting snooze on the clock, but I got up and went. Yay me!

Like a lot of you, my favorite good-girl food is fresh strawberries, which I'm taking advantage of while summer is here.

lottie63 08-08-2009 10:28 AM

Hey! Guess where I found this thread? ON PAGE FOUR! What a shame!

How did you ladies do this week!?

I did good, stayed OP, exercised regularly, feeling great, but...we will see what the evil scale says tomorrow!

ANewCreation 08-08-2009 12:50 PM

I am having a pretty good week. I got my new scale this week and I've been weighing myself everyday. Normally I wouldn't do that but it's a fun thing because it's new. It's just so consistent no matter how many times I step on it. I won't do that next week, my obsession will stop! It's also a relief to have a working scale.

Work outs have been going well. Knee only acted up once this week so I guess I'm still going to have to take the Aleve along with the shot. I do have the option of seeking out another type of shot that replaces fluid in the knee so I'm thinking about that one. Other wise it's good.

I bought some resisitance bands and I think next week I am going to try to start incorporating that into my routine, maybe 3x a week?

Still using Bistro MD. Still happy with that, really working for me. Just such a relief at this time to not think about food.

lottie63 08-08-2009 12:58 PM

Anewcreation, what is birstro md?

also, have you ever used glucosamine/chondroitin? I"m thinking of using it cuz my left knee gives me trouble.

do you have a resistance band dvd? If not www.sparkpeople.com has lots of videos with resistance band workouts on it. :) and even if you do have a dvd you can use them to switch things up!

I have the gaiam dvd/resistance band and it has a owrkout for the front of your body, the back, and your core. I did back body last week, this week doing front. I was SO SHAKY when I was done, I had to lay down for a bit! For added resistance most of the moves I wrap the (medium strength) cord around my wrist to make it shorter/more intense.

good luck on the weigh in tomorrow! :D

ANewCreation 08-08-2009 01:36 PM

Bistro MD is a meal delivery program. Its a way of low glycemic index eating. Meals and snacks, high protein, fiber, low sugar, very little of the 'white' stuff. Brown rice, not white, etc.

After my last doctors visit, she very nicely said "Since you seem to be headed down the road to diabetes here is some literature on low glycemic eating. This is what you need to prepare for when it hits." I love my her, really I do. We've been talking about my need to lose weight over the last couple of years and this was my lightbulb moment. I do not want diabetes. I also want to get off the blood pressure and the high cholesterol meds I am on now. I know from the past even the smallest weight loss for me really changes those numbers. So, that is why I chose Bistro MD. It's kind of like a friend said to me, "I just want to be my dog. I just someone to put my dinner down and I'll eat it." I was/am so overwhelmed right now about food choices. It's hard in my house because I live with men who can and do eat everything they want with no wt. gain or health issues. So, for me, right now I do not want to cook for one.

Sorry for the lenghty diatribe...LOL!

I just have the resistance bands and the brochure that came with it. I like the idea of working with a DVD--thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out for sure.

I don't know if my knees are too far gone for the glucosimine/chondrotin, I will talk to my Dr. when I see her in a couple of months. The good news is that I just read an article in my drs office that said wt loss and exercise can sometimes allow the knee to recover to a certain degree (wish I could remember the specifics :dizzy:.

Good luck to you on your weigh in too!

lottie63 08-08-2009 07:18 PM

Oh, I"m so excited to be able to put that I did 4 hours and 40 mins of exercise this week on the challenge accountability thread. hehe.

That is twice what I did last week and I will be adding a smidge more this week as well!!!

enjoy your bistro md! :D

kisskisskill 08-08-2009 09:56 PM

Ugh! I did great most of the week, but I'm afriad I've ruined it the past three days. I had a bday party to attend on Thursday, where I ate pizza, cake & ice cream and had a couple beers. Friday was a movie and out to lunch with my fiance. Big surprise that I didn't make a healthy choice there.

I haven't done well staying on plan today because I feel so defeated. :(

lottie63 08-08-2009 10:01 PM

kisskisskill, GET ON THAT WAGON, mistakes happen, don't let them snowball. You can do this!

DeeinVaBeach 08-09-2009 12:02 AM

Hello people.

Well.. I finally remembered my login so that I can participate again. I'm Dee, mother of 3, trying to lose enough weight and get in shape to be able to apply for the police academy here in VA Beach, VA. This challenge fits in nicely with my immediate goal to get that much off by christmas. So far I'm not losing anything much, but definitely have been doing good in the exercise, walking for 30-45 minutes almost every day, and starting to run again a bit also, as well as using the Wii fit.

Dee
oh.. and Judy Lynn... i seem to have stolen your signature without meaning too... LOL. couldn't resist the holly.

lottie63 08-09-2009 12:06 AM

guess what?

TOM HAS COME TO RUIN MY WEIGH IN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT.

lottie63 08-09-2009 08:44 AM

....265 on the nose. DAMN IT. I felt so good yesterday :( Trying not to be too upset.

although...I should be glad I didn't have to post a gain! Thanks for small favors I guess.

Elladorine 08-09-2009 10:28 AM

I'm down 7 pounds this week, for a total of 11 since I picked up my new scale. :dizzy: