3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Jingle Away the Jiggle v. Chat Thread 7/27-8/1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/177706-jingle-away-jiggle-v-chat-thread-7-27-8-1-a.html)

Gaea 07-27-2009 05:29 PM

Jingle Away the Jiggle v. Chat Thread 7/27-8/1

HEY LADIES!!!!!

HOW ARE WE DOING ON OUR WORKOUT HOURS??? :carrot:

What is your favorite "good girl" food.?

Beck 07-27-2009 05:40 PM

I'm doing okay. I've done 3hrs 45min combined exercise yesterday and today, and will try to do some more tonight. I've been hopping on the exercise bike for 15min. every hour or two today hoping that'll spur my metabolism a bit. Yesterday I did 30min bike in the AM, walked for 30min at the beach at lunch, 20min W1D1 of C25K in the evening, and 15min bike at night.

I'm feeling very sad because my grandfather, one of the most influential people in my life, died Friday evening. Previously I would have eaten to comfort that sadness, but I'm going to exercise instead.

I keep looking at before and after pics for motivation, and will print out some inspirational weight loss quotes to post in our kitchen.

"Good girl" foods: chickpea salad, tabouli, watermelon, salad with cumin/garlic/lemon dressing

I am doing this!

How is everyone else doing?

lottie63 07-27-2009 06:10 PM

I'm doing great, started back 12 days ago and have lost about 5 lbs probably ( i didn't weight myself BEFORE I started, but Ithink I was around 267.) and have officially lost 3 lbs since I did weight myself a week after I started my diet. (was out of town without a scale)

actually, I'm sort of lying, there WAS a scale, but it only went up to 260 lbs. Since I am at around 263 (now) it would've been pretty pointless to even attempt.

Anyhow, I am starting exercising today! Starting small, wish I could do all that you're doing beck but I feel since I"m just starting if I"m toooo gung ho about it I will burn myself out. I find that starting slow and working up is really helpful for keeping me on track.

I'm going to do 15 mins of cardio (My Fitness Coach) today. and I have been exactly on plan for the last 12 days. so, hopefully can keep this up!

lottie63 07-27-2009 06:11 PM

Oh! and good girl foods, today my snacks are fresh strawberries, and homemade hummus and crackers. :)

JustSharing83 07-27-2009 06:24 PM

Hello, hello! I'm ready for another week.

I don't know my exact workout time, but I worked out every day last week for a minimum of 30 minutes, but often as much as an hour. Right now it's all about getting back into being physical, at first I couldn't do much at all, but I'm trying to gradually doing more and more.

Like Lottie, my favorite "good girl" food is fresh strawberries! I have been keeping them in the house and having them every other day or so. Just wonderful!

On the topic of food, I went way out of my comfort zone last night and was pleasantly surprised... I had my first Boca Burger!!! I have wanted to try one for a long time, but I had the lowest of expectations. I am a meat lover and you just can't mess with a cheeseburger. I closed my eyes and took the first bite... It was great! It really did taste like a burger and I will definitely keep them around for my intense burger cravings! :D

Anyway, this challenge has been really good for me and I am so determined to stick with it. The weeks seem to start out great though and I feel so weak and defeated by the end. I just gotta learn to stay strong! :)

Good luck for a great week, Chicks!

lottie63 07-27-2009 06:34 PM

justsharing, I've recently gone veggie and I must say...I HATE boca burgers! haha, glad you like them though, somebody has to keep them in business ;)

I found that there were two things I NEVER ate, because even lean beef is not that great for you.....chili and sloppy joes. But Mmmmm do I love them both! :) I now make them both with black beans instead of ground beef and love them tons! If you're looking for meat replacements to lower your cals, those are great ones, and they are full of fiber and protein!

I guess at first I thought, what a shame, I'm veggie and I hate fake meat! BUt...in the long run, it has forced me to be more creative with the foods I DO/can eat...and I am having tons of fun cooking and experimenting with whole foods. yay. :)

dcapulet 07-27-2009 06:51 PM

i've been really committed to my workouts, cause i know it's going to help me get to goal.

Good girl food? My anti-pasti salad:

2 cups mixed greens
.5 cup cucumber
.5 cup tomato
1 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
3 oz salami
.5 tsp olive oil

toss and YUMMY! for me, it's a great sub for my usual huge salami and cheese sandwich. And for the first time EVER, I am measuring and sticking to my cheese portions.

According to the sparkpeople food calc, it comes in a little under 300 cals.

Judy Lynn 07-27-2009 08:17 PM

I am doing great too. I am just getting back into exercise so I am walking 30 mins. 5 days a week. Hard to believe I used to walk 3 miles every day without batting an eyelash. I will get back there before Fall.

My favorite good girl food right now is definitely all the beautiful summer fruits. I have just been eating bushels of blueberries. Love them on my oatmeal with vanilla Source yogurt in the moring. So delish. I also bought strawberries, peaches, nectarines - all so yummy and healthy!

I made a lovely fruit parfait for dessert last night with layers of blueberries, strawberries and half a banana and topped with FF vanilla pudding. Yum!

Gaea 07-27-2009 09:25 PM

Judy Linn I love your TICKER!!!!

And all you girls with your fruits! YUM YUM!

Oh and I Will be making that ANTI-Pasta salad!

quiffy 07-27-2009 11:28 PM

I am doing 4 x 1 hour gym sessions per week, then maybe some fun exercise on weekends like playing a sports game or hiking.

On Sat, I did a 4.9 mile hike just under 2 hrs. It had about 800 ft of elevation gain. It also had well manicured path. I think it was a great hike for me. I'm not overly fond of hiking because of narrow or rough paths.

On last Friday I did 1 mile on the treadmill in 14 mins 47 secs. Whooo that was a record for me. I did HIIT with it. The week before I actually jogged the entire min but it took me 16 mins to do it.

SnowboundChick 07-28-2009 06:37 PM

Not good so far this week. I skipped aquafit on Monday but will def go tomorrow. I may did out the Wii tonight if the house is cool enough. It's been so hot the last two days. Though I did go berry picking on the weekend and that gave my legs a good workout.

Doing pretty good on plan eatingwise but still not counting calories and I need to get back to that.

momof5k 07-29-2009 12:47 AM

I am feeling good this week as I broke past the 50 pounds mark on Monday and I am only one day away from finishing the C25K program. I am running slowly...but running nonetheless. It feels so amazing to actually be running..and not wheezing and feeling like throwing up at the end of it!

Judy Lynn 07-29-2009 08:26 AM

That's awesome Momof5k! I started the C25k program a few years ago, but my knees started acting up. It was exhilirating to actually be able to run - something I have never done in my life.

lottie63 07-29-2009 11:09 AM

Hello ladies!

I am feeling fab short of being a little sleepy. Woke up an hour early from a nightmare! yuk! Didn't want to risk falling back asleep and continuing it so I just stayed up. Might go back to sleep after breakfast for an hour or two. (Yes I eat a late breakfast, and a very late lunch and dinner as bf works late and we keep late schedules)

gonna do 15 mins of cardio today!

SnowboundChick 07-29-2009 12:07 PM

Biked to town today with the kids. About 2 or 3 kms. Doing aquafit at lunch.

Gaea 07-29-2009 06:29 PM

Happy Hump Day!

Beck 07-29-2009 06:41 PM

I've got a 25 hour fast (water and food) starting soon (Tisha B'Av- a Jewish day of mourning). I'm hoping that it won't be so difficult. I usually do fine without food, but water is another thing entirely. I also hope I don't want to pig out after the fast, as I have in years past. I probably won't exercise tomorrow, but I've already done 6hrs 40min this week.

Ohm~Ohm~Ohm~ I will get through the fast ~Ohm~Ohm~Ohm

lottie63 07-29-2009 06:44 PM

beck, good luck!

Beck 07-30-2009 11:15 PM

Thanks, Lottie. I made it through. Phew:dizzy: I had a nice large glass of lemon ice water, a Luna bar, and fresh salad to break the fast (not all at once), and exercised for an hour today. I was feeling pretty crappy today about myself and how I let myself get into this situation with my weight, but managed to fight off those negative feelings about myself, for the most part anyway.

I've been watching online episodes of Biggest Loser season 7 and got real emotional seeing the transformations. I'm doing it! I'm going to reach my goal, and I'm going to maintain for life. Watching Tara got to me most of all- her starting weight just about my heaviest weight, and she looks now how I did after my second son was born. I so want to get back to that; I felt so full of life- everything she said was how I felt then.

I've got 1.8lbs to go and I'll have lost my first 20lbs. That weight is half of one of my girls' weights (I've got twin girls that will be 4 in Sept. and 4 boys). My biggest undies are feeling loser than they did a month ago, and I'm exercising more than I have in a long time.

How's everyone else doing?

lottie63 07-30-2009 11:57 PM

I'm doing great, I wake up every morning with my undies around my thighs, lol.
So I fell ya on that one!

exercise is on plan, etc, etc. doing good. feelin' great. :)

TraceyElaine 07-31-2009 07:38 AM

Exercise has taken a big hit this week. I had 2 birthday parties and a bachelorette party on the weekend and ate horrible. i m not a drinker so I was hungover untill Tuesday (maybe a little food hungover too) So I didn't exercise. Then I tried to do it Wed and could only get 30 min in, same thing on Thur. Yesterday I got back at it full force hour and half. But so far I'm not down anything this week.. Grrrr!

On another note (i know I'm rambeling) I am just 6lbs away from loosing the most weight I have ever lost. I lost weight signifigantly only 1 other time and it was about 50lbs. I keep thinking that my weight loss is slowing (even when it doesn't) and I am terrified that it will all just come to an abrupt STOP!

I know I'm just letting my mind play tricks on me but man it's getting tough to handle. I guess once I have reached that 51 lb loss I'll be able to breath again lol.

Gaea 07-31-2009 04:08 PM

This week has been awesome! I can't wait for more good weeks!

lottie63 07-31-2009 04:18 PM

gaea that's great! I feel ya. I am so motivated this week! :D

Hope that that pays off for the sunday weigh in! :D

Gaea 08-01-2009 12:54 PM

WOOT had a great and in control Friday NIght! WOOT WOOT!!

SnowboundChick 08-01-2009 04:36 PM

Eatings been okay. I finally started my Wii Active 30 day challenge, I'm on day 3 a rest day. It's rainy out but we may still go for a bike ride today. Feeling good! Getting lot's of sleep and just glad the fire season is almost over and my Hubby will be off work soon, so that stress will be over.

lookingtobehealthy 08-01-2009 04:45 PM

Post surgery I cannot do too much exercising but I am planning on walking in 2 weeks time when the wound has healed.
My plan is to not gain weight and stay where I'm at for the month of August.
In September working on exercising extra hard.
Good luck ladies....

momof5k 08-01-2009 04:56 PM

snowboundchick: I was doing the EA Active 30 challenge too but fell off the bandwagon :( I am also doing (actually...just finished!) the C25K program and was finding it hard to find time for both (that's today's excuse anyway LOL)

Thanks for the reminder though as I did really enjoy it! Perhaps I'll get back on it tonight!

I ran for longer and further than I ever have yesterday so I am feeling good about that. I did 3.25 miles altogether and I actually ran for 35 straight minutes of that! Yahoo!

I am just going to work on my 5k time for the next little while since the C25K program is over and see how I do. I can't believe I am running :)

lottie63 08-01-2009 05:03 PM

I can't wait to run.

:(

momof5k 08-01-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lottie63 (Post 2854868)
I can't wait to run.

:(

I started at about the weight you are at :) Is there something else that is keeping you from starting?

The Couch to 5K program is awesome! My first week, I was winded after the 60 second runs...and now?!? Wow!

Unless there is something else that is holding you back, I'd say go for it!! If I can do it (I am NOT a runner) anyone can :)

lottie63 08-01-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof5k (Post 2854881)
I started at about the weight you are at :) Is there something else that is keeping you from starting?

The Couch to 5K program is awesome! My first week, I was winded after the 60 second runs...and now?!? Wow!

Unless there is something else that is holding you back, I'd say go for it!! If I can do it (I am NOT a runner) anyone can :)

I can't find a sportsbra in my size.

I'm a 44H

The biggest I've found has been a 42 G.

I will get there eventually.

ANewCreation 08-02-2009 03:11 AM

Didn't exercise as much as I wanted. Overdid it one day and the arthritic knee rebelled big time the next. Got a steroid shot in it and it's been a bit sore but I can feel it kicking in. Looking forward to a new week of exercise and staying on track. I sure hope this steroid shot does the trick for me!

Good girl food--I too am fond of the strawberries! And white peaches...yummy for the sweet tooth!

Just have to add that the 1st was our 23rd wedding anniversary and we went out to eat at a fondue place. I can not believe that my 'pig out' was nothing compared to former 'pig outs'. I am telling you that I ate no white bread, no tortilla chips, only a couple of bites of the potatoes and--this is the biggie folks--only had one brownie bite dipped in dark chocolate. Actually left a brownie bite behind. I did have a small cookie and some fruit dipped in the dark chocolate. I know it sounds like I ate alot of food and it definetly is not something I can do on a regular basis but for a night out this was not nearly as much as I would have consumed a few short weeks ago.

Most importantly, I didn't have that sugar high then crash. I didn't feel overstuffed and uncomfortable.

I'm proud of me!

lottie63 08-02-2009 11:14 AM

It doesn't sound like you went too overboard at all!

congrats on learning new eating habits! :D

ANewCreation 08-02-2009 03:47 PM

Thank you Lottie! You are such an encourager!

LitChick 08-03-2009 04:31 PM

I am a little late but I wanted to get my two cents in. :D

I have been doing pretty good with the exercise. I try to vary up what I do at the gym so I don't get bored. That said, I am quickly getting addicted to cycling classes - my butt doesn't even hurt all that much anymore! I was very proud of myself today, as Mondays are typically the day I have all good intentions of getting up and going to the gym before work but then when the time actually comes I find I'd rather sleep in. I *almost* did that today, was this close to pulling the covers back over my head and hitting snooze on the clock, but I got up and went. Yay me!

Like a lot of you, my favorite good-girl food is fresh strawberries, which I'm taking advantage of while summer is here.

lottie63 08-08-2009 10:28 AM

Hey! Guess where I found this thread? ON PAGE FOUR! What a shame!

How did you ladies do this week!?

I did good, stayed OP, exercised regularly, feeling great, but...we will see what the evil scale says tomorrow!

ANewCreation 08-08-2009 12:50 PM

I am having a pretty good week. I got my new scale this week and I've been weighing myself everyday. Normally I wouldn't do that but it's a fun thing because it's new. It's just so consistent no matter how many times I step on it. I won't do that next week, my obsession will stop! It's also a relief to have a working scale.

Work outs have been going well. Knee only acted up once this week so I guess I'm still going to have to take the Aleve along with the shot. I do have the option of seeking out another type of shot that replaces fluid in the knee so I'm thinking about that one. Other wise it's good.

I bought some resisitance bands and I think next week I am going to try to start incorporating that into my routine, maybe 3x a week?

Still using Bistro MD. Still happy with that, really working for me. Just such a relief at this time to not think about food.

lottie63 08-08-2009 12:58 PM

Anewcreation, what is birstro md?

also, have you ever used glucosamine/chondroitin? I"m thinking of using it cuz my left knee gives me trouble.

do you have a resistance band dvd? If not www.sparkpeople.com has lots of videos with resistance band workouts on it. :) and even if you do have a dvd you can use them to switch things up!

I have the gaiam dvd/resistance band and it has a owrkout for the front of your body, the back, and your core. I did back body last week, this week doing front. I was SO SHAKY when I was done, I had to lay down for a bit! For added resistance most of the moves I wrap the (medium strength) cord around my wrist to make it shorter/more intense.

good luck on the weigh in tomorrow! :D

ANewCreation 08-08-2009 01:36 PM

Bistro MD is a meal delivery program. Its a way of low glycemic index eating. Meals and snacks, high protein, fiber, low sugar, very little of the 'white' stuff. Brown rice, not white, etc.

After my last doctors visit, she very nicely said "Since you seem to be headed down the road to diabetes here is some literature on low glycemic eating. This is what you need to prepare for when it hits." I love my her, really I do. We've been talking about my need to lose weight over the last couple of years and this was my lightbulb moment. I do not want diabetes. I also want to get off the blood pressure and the high cholesterol meds I am on now. I know from the past even the smallest weight loss for me really changes those numbers. So, that is why I chose Bistro MD. It's kind of like a friend said to me, "I just want to be my dog. I just someone to put my dinner down and I'll eat it." I was/am so overwhelmed right now about food choices. It's hard in my house because I live with men who can and do eat everything they want with no wt. gain or health issues. So, for me, right now I do not want to cook for one.

Sorry for the lenghty diatribe...LOL!

I just have the resistance bands and the brochure that came with it. I like the idea of working with a DVD--thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out for sure.

I don't know if my knees are too far gone for the glucosimine/chondrotin, I will talk to my Dr. when I see her in a couple of months. The good news is that I just read an article in my drs office that said wt loss and exercise can sometimes allow the knee to recover to a certain degree (wish I could remember the specifics :dizzy:.

Good luck to you on your weigh in too!

lottie63 08-08-2009 07:18 PM

Oh, I"m so excited to be able to put that I did 4 hours and 40 mins of exercise this week on the challenge accountability thread. hehe.

That is twice what I did last week and I will be adding a smidge more this week as well!!!

enjoy your bistro md! :D

kisskisskill 08-08-2009 09:56 PM

Ugh! I did great most of the week, but I'm afriad I've ruined it the past three days. I had a bday party to attend on Thursday, where I ate pizza, cake & ice cream and had a couple beers. Friday was a movie and out to lunch with my fiance. Big surprise that I didn't make a healthy choice there.

I haven't done well staying on plan today because I feel so defeated. :(