3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Jingle Away the Jiggle v. Chat Thread 7/27-8/1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/177706-jingle-away-jiggle-v-chat-thread-7-27-8-1-a.html)

Gaea 07-27-2009 05:29 PM

Jingle Away the Jiggle v. Chat Thread 7/27-8/1

HEY LADIES!!!!!

HOW ARE WE DOING ON OUR WORKOUT HOURS??? :carrot:

What is your favorite "good girl" food.?

Beck 07-27-2009 05:40 PM

I'm doing okay. I've done 3hrs 45min combined exercise yesterday and today, and will try to do some more tonight. I've been hopping on the exercise bike for 15min. every hour or two today hoping that'll spur my metabolism a bit. Yesterday I did 30min bike in the AM, walked for 30min at the beach at lunch, 20min W1D1 of C25K in the evening, and 15min bike at night.

I'm feeling very sad because my grandfather, one of the most influential people in my life, died Friday evening. Previously I would have eaten to comfort that sadness, but I'm going to exercise instead.

I keep looking at before and after pics for motivation, and will print out some inspirational weight loss quotes to post in our kitchen.

"Good girl" foods: chickpea salad, tabouli, watermelon, salad with cumin/garlic/lemon dressing

I am doing this!

How is everyone else doing?

lottie63 07-27-2009 06:10 PM

I'm doing great, started back 12 days ago and have lost about 5 lbs probably ( i didn't weight myself BEFORE I started, but Ithink I was around 267.) and have officially lost 3 lbs since I did weight myself a week after I started my diet. (was out of town without a scale)

actually, I'm sort of lying, there WAS a scale, but it only went up to 260 lbs. Since I am at around 263 (now) it would've been pretty pointless to even attempt.

Anyhow, I am starting exercising today! Starting small, wish I could do all that you're doing beck but I feel since I"m just starting if I"m toooo gung ho about it I will burn myself out. I find that starting slow and working up is really helpful for keeping me on track.

I'm going to do 15 mins of cardio (My Fitness Coach) today. and I have been exactly on plan for the last 12 days. so, hopefully can keep this up!

lottie63 07-27-2009 06:11 PM

Oh! and good girl foods, today my snacks are fresh strawberries, and homemade hummus and crackers. :)

JustSharing83 07-27-2009 06:24 PM

Hello, hello! I'm ready for another week.

I don't know my exact workout time, but I worked out every day last week for a minimum of 30 minutes, but often as much as an hour. Right now it's all about getting back into being physical, at first I couldn't do much at all, but I'm trying to gradually doing more and more.

Like Lottie, my favorite "good girl" food is fresh strawberries! I have been keeping them in the house and having them every other day or so. Just wonderful!

On the topic of food, I went way out of my comfort zone last night and was pleasantly surprised... I had my first Boca Burger!!! I have wanted to try one for a long time, but I had the lowest of expectations. I am a meat lover and you just can't mess with a cheeseburger. I closed my eyes and took the first bite... It was great! It really did taste like a burger and I will definitely keep them around for my intense burger cravings! :D

Anyway, this challenge has been really good for me and I am so determined to stick with it. The weeks seem to start out great though and I feel so weak and defeated by the end. I just gotta learn to stay strong! :)

Good luck for a great week, Chicks!

lottie63 07-27-2009 06:34 PM

justsharing, I've recently gone veggie and I must say...I HATE boca burgers! haha, glad you like them though, somebody has to keep them in business ;)

I found that there were two things I NEVER ate, because even lean beef is not that great for you.....chili and sloppy joes. But Mmmmm do I love them both! :) I now make them both with black beans instead of ground beef and love them tons! If you're looking for meat replacements to lower your cals, those are great ones, and they are full of fiber and protein!

I guess at first I thought, what a shame, I'm veggie and I hate fake meat! BUt...in the long run, it has forced me to be more creative with the foods I DO/can eat...and I am having tons of fun cooking and experimenting with whole foods. yay. :)

dcapulet 07-27-2009 06:51 PM

i've been really committed to my workouts, cause i know it's going to help me get to goal.

Good girl food? My anti-pasti salad:

2 cups mixed greens
.5 cup cucumber
.5 cup tomato
1 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
3 oz salami
.5 tsp olive oil

toss and YUMMY! for me, it's a great sub for my usual huge salami and cheese sandwich. And for the first time EVER, I am measuring and sticking to my cheese portions.

According to the sparkpeople food calc, it comes in a little under 300 cals.

Judy Lynn 07-27-2009 08:17 PM

I am doing great too. I am just getting back into exercise so I am walking 30 mins. 5 days a week. Hard to believe I used to walk 3 miles every day without batting an eyelash. I will get back there before Fall.

My favorite good girl food right now is definitely all the beautiful summer fruits. I have just been eating bushels of blueberries. Love them on my oatmeal with vanilla Source yogurt in the moring. So delish. I also bought strawberries, peaches, nectarines - all so yummy and healthy!

I made a lovely fruit parfait for dessert last night with layers of blueberries, strawberries and half a banana and topped with FF vanilla pudding. Yum!

Gaea 07-27-2009 09:25 PM

Judy Linn I love your TICKER!!!!

And all you girls with your fruits! YUM YUM!

Oh and I Will be making that ANTI-Pasta salad!

quiffy 07-27-2009 11:28 PM

I am doing 4 x 1 hour gym sessions per week, then maybe some fun exercise on weekends like playing a sports game or hiking.

On Sat, I did a 4.9 mile hike just under 2 hrs. It had about 800 ft of elevation gain. It also had well manicured path. I think it was a great hike for me. I'm not overly fond of hiking because of narrow or rough paths.

On last Friday I did 1 mile on the treadmill in 14 mins 47 secs. Whooo that was a record for me. I did HIIT with it. The week before I actually jogged the entire min but it took me 16 mins to do it.

SnowboundChick 07-28-2009 06:37 PM

Not good so far this week. I skipped aquafit on Monday but will def go tomorrow. I may did out the Wii tonight if the house is cool enough. It's been so hot the last two days. Though I did go berry picking on the weekend and that gave my legs a good workout.

Doing pretty good on plan eatingwise but still not counting calories and I need to get back to that.

momof5k 07-29-2009 12:47 AM

I am feeling good this week as I broke past the 50 pounds mark on Monday and I am only one day away from finishing the C25K program. I am running slowly...but running nonetheless. It feels so amazing to actually be running..and not wheezing and feeling like throwing up at the end of it!

Judy Lynn 07-29-2009 08:26 AM

That's awesome Momof5k! I started the C25k program a few years ago, but my knees started acting up. It was exhilirating to actually be able to run - something I have never done in my life.

lottie63 07-29-2009 11:09 AM

Hello ladies!

I am feeling fab short of being a little sleepy. Woke up an hour early from a nightmare! yuk! Didn't want to risk falling back asleep and continuing it so I just stayed up. Might go back to sleep after breakfast for an hour or two. (Yes I eat a late breakfast, and a very late lunch and dinner as bf works late and we keep late schedules)

gonna do 15 mins of cardio today!

SnowboundChick 07-29-2009 12:07 PM

Biked to town today with the kids. About 2 or 3 kms. Doing aquafit at lunch.