3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 26 Jan - 1 Feb (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162654-accountability-menu-planning-26-jan-1-feb.html)

Redflame 01-30-2009 11:37 AM

mary poppins...............paid off bills..........wow what is this world coming to???

Not a huge plan in mind today, meetings during the day, I am firing my front office gal today :( and then church meeting tonight until 10pm.
I do have turkey breast cooking in the crock pot, and tonight I will put pinto beans in to make not fried refried beans for Saturdays potluck

Close friend of mine had twins at 24 weeks in October, they were born at 1 pound 4 ounces each, They lost the baby girl 2 weeks later but the boy has fought his way throuh several surgeries (heart, intestines) and has chunked up to 6.5 pounds! They told her to get her car seat ready, they were about to release them from the 4 months stay at the hospital..........yesterday he was fighting an infection, stopped breathing for a little bit.....I just cant imagine him coming this far and not making it..........he is such a fighter though, I just pray he makes it.

SO there.........need I say my mood is pissy today? I am turning this into a mood journal instead of a menu planning:?:

I am going to get my water filled, and know that I will NOT be going over on calories and I WILL get my water in.......and I will feel good about that!

Shopping sounded so good as I read all the posts.............maybe not getting a shot first, but then again I sure hope that shot helps!

Schmoodle 01-30-2009 04:28 PM

Hi chicks, I just don't seem to find the time to get in here like I used to, but things are giong pretty well. Bad weather, kids home from school, I haven't been able to stick to my schedule too well. Been a while since I lost anything, but let's just say I am maintaining beautifully. Food today has been spot on:
B: open faced egg salad sandwich with baby spinach, half a grapefruit, coffee with milk
L: collard greens soup, LCLC on triscuits, hot cocoa made with splenda and skim milk
S: latte, apple with almond butter
D??? maybe more of the soup
S: cocoa ricotta creme

I took a long lunch today and went shopping with my friend. I picked up a few cute thing on clearance at Penney's. One of them is a skirt that's a little tight, but I'll use it as a goal outfit!

redflame, feel free to vent here, we all do it. I've never had to fire someone, that must not be fun at all. That poor little baby, I hope he pulls through. He must really be a fighter.
lottie, sounds like you've got a fun weekend ahead. Paying off bills is :carrot:.
mj, I shopped that sale for a while online yesterday, but things kept coming back out of my cart and I kept timing out before I could check out. That site was getting hammered! I finally gave up because it wasn't anything I really needed. I wanted to get some jeans for DS but couldn't find any. Glad you got something good.
Numina, you are a great cheerleader! I've got the post-cold cough hanging around too, sure am tired of it.
nicolen, sounds like you had a rough work week. Hope you've got a fun weekend planned to make up for it.
Hi Julie, Rhonda, cfmama, Lyn, and anyone else I might have missed! Enjoy your Friday!

lottie63 01-30-2009 04:48 PM

forgot to post my menu :P

b: fiber one muffin, two strips of bacon, banana
l: turkey/bacon sandwhich on multi grain english muffin, yogurt
s #1: cherry essence prunes, banana
s #2: 1/4 cup cottage cheese, banana, apple
d: black bean "sloppy joe" on an arnolds whole wheat sandwhich thin with raw baby carrots (1 serv)

nicolen 01-30-2009 07:38 PM

Oh, joy!

You know, everything's going really well at the moment. I've had 2 good workouts in a row and I'm feeling good about myself. So this morning I get home from the gym and put a load of washing on. The washing machine fills and stops. Nothing's happening. I've just spent the last couple of hours handwashing my clothes - the towels and sheets can wait. Guess I'll be calling a repair person on Monday morning. I only hope it's not too expensive. Having said that, the washing machine is 9 years old and I've never had a problem with it, so I really shouldn't complain.

Thankfully, I have no chocolate in the house, otherwise I'd be eating it about now...

Hi to everyone. I'm sorry, I'll do personals later on, but I just needed to rant!

mj5 01-30-2009 07:58 PM

Hi everyone. Just popping in really quick, I get caught up tomorrow. Appt went well. Got the injection...OUCH...he put it through some old scar tissue again. Unfortunately, it is always worse before it gets better, so I'll be taking the "big" pain meds this weekend. It is totally worth it though. It really works, even if only short term. He is also going to get tough w/ the insurance co and see what the hold up is.

Have a good night. I am off to snuggle w/ the dogs and wait for dh to get home.

cfmama 01-31-2009 01:50 AM

popping in... gram's funeral was today and I am exhausted. I ate things that were not on my written plan (tuna sandwich and date square) but fit into my calorie budget so it's all good. I had planned on making dinner at home but family obligations kept us at my mothers so we ate there.

Plan for tomorrow Day 126 1800 calorie day
B- 1 whole wheat weight watchers bagel with 2 LC wedges and orange
L-Clover leaf lemon pepper tuna steak with large garden salad, tangerine lime dressing and a banana
s-2 turkey chicken pepperoni's, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, apple
D- chicken fajita's, 1 cup chicken, 1/4 cup cheese, 1 large whole wheat tortilla, tomato's, lettuce, salsa, sour cream
s- fruit source bar and 100 calorie popcorn

have a good day my friends.

mj5 01-31-2009 08:40 AM

Good Morning!

Redflame--I am keeping your friend and their baby in my thoughts and prayers. They have been through so much already, they need some good news! How was work? I have had to fire people before, not something I am fond of.

Schmoodle--Sounds like you are doing well. Great idea for the skirt! I found a pair of jeans there for $6! Good thing I can wear jeans to work! Yea, I kept having things pulled out of my cart too, so I gave up.

nicolen--That really stinks about the washer. I hope it isn't anything major!

cfmama--Big hugs to you and your family. Great job w/ food yesterday!!!

No major plans today, which is good b/c I am supposed to stay off my knee as much as possible. I am going to go to a neice's basketball game this afternoon, but my mom is going to drive. I may try an ab workout dvd later--it's done sitting on one of those big exercise balls, so no stress on my knee, but we'll see how I feel. My knee feels, well like it does the day after I get an injection, but that's ok! It WILL get better!!!! The payoff is that it will feel better by Monday so I can get back to the gym.

Otherwise, just resting and catching up on some shows that I recorded this week.

Have a great OP day!

cfmama 01-31-2009 09:57 PM

Hey guys... here real quick but I'm trying to keep food sanity so here it is...

plan for tomorrow, Day 127. 1400 calories

B- 1 weight watchers whole wheat bagel, 2 LC wedges, 1/2 extra large banana
L- large green salad with cucumbers, baby tomato's, 1 cup chicken breast and 1 T tangerine lime dressing
s- 1 turkey chicken pepperoni, 1/2 cup cottage cheese
D- 1/2 cup ground chicken, tomato paste, 1 whole wheat english muffin, 1/4 cup shredded mozza, 1 cup green beans (sloppy joes)
s- pom applesauce cup, 100 calorie popcorn

have a great on plan day friends :)

nicolen 01-31-2009 10:23 PM

Hi everyone.

Well, I bought a new washing machine. I had a look online and a major store had a 20% off sale on whiteware this weekend, and there was a washing machine for $600. I rung Mum to see what she thought I should do - get the old one repaired or buy a new one, and she told me to buy the new one since once things start to go wrong with them, they'll keep going wrong. No sense in sending good money after bad, and prices are set to rise since the NZ dollar has had quite a sharp fall in the currency market over the last few months, it's probably best to spend $600 now rather than $400 on repairs now and be back in the same place I am now in 6 months time and then having to pay more for a new washing machine. They're going to deliver it and take the old one away, and they're actually delivering on Friday which surprised me - it's a public holiday here on Friday.

I'm feeling a bit better than I was yesterday. The washing is starting to mount up, but there's just nothing I can do about it till Friday. At least I got my work uniform washed...

Shout outs to everyone - hugs to all and happy thoughts and positive vibes to everyone who wants or needs them. Sorry, no personals again today - I'll do better tomorrow, I promise!

Enjoy yourselves!

Beverlyjoy 02-01-2009 07:09 AM

Hi chicks - I've been struggling - but, not giving up. Today we are having friends over for watch the Super Bowl. I've planned to have healthy options available.

breakfast - turkey on toast with lite mayo, sf applesauce
lunch - soup and veggies
snack - 1/2 banan, pnb
dinner - veggies and dip, white bean and chicken chili
snack - sliver of dessert

Have a great day everyone.

mj5 02-01-2009 09:47 AM

Good morning! Nicolen--glad the washing machine worked out! Beverlyjoy--keep at it! We were going to have some friends over, but they cancelled, which is ok.....my stomach is a little off this am, so I think dh and I will just stay home and have some snacks. Have a great op day!

jeniansmom 02-01-2009 10:27 AM

Starting Again

Hi there everybody! I am back at it again. It's great to see so many familiar names and so many new ones as well.

Cfmama: what an amazing job you've done! Good for you! And thank you for the warm welcome back (in the other thread). And I'm am so sorry about the loss of your grandmother.

Beverlyjob: so fun with your grandson on the phone!

Rhonda: I love the new pic!

mj5: great job avoiding the naughty aisle!

Redflame: great story about almost losing your pants - isn't it awesome that they were that loose?

Eiluj: I'm so sorry for what you are going through, and I'm glad you are here getting support and taking care of you!

Numina: great visualization!

Today is the day. Here is the plan:

60+oz of water.
I have to go into work at some point today to do month end so before that I will exercise to Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile (approx 15 minutes) and do 15 minutes of Aerobic WiiFit games (should be interesting to see how the WiiFit reacts to my weight increase). I will also make a grocery list for the week so that I have good for me choices on hand.

Food:
It's now about 10am. When I'm done writing this I will have a peach Fage yogurt. When hubby rolls out of bed (around noonish - we were up very late last night) I will have make me 2 fried eggs which I will eat with a piece of Ezekial toast and < 1 TB ketchup.
Mid afternoon-ish I will have a cheese stick and 1/4 cup almonds.
For supper I will make low carb chicken divan with lots of curry powder.
For snack I will have chocolate ricotta creme with unsweetened whipped cream.

Happy Healthy Sunday one and all - I can't believe it's February 1st already!

lottie63 02-01-2009 12:42 PM

nicolen good idea to buy the washer now...

well, I DID pay my lane bryant bill last night. 476$ of debt, GONE FOR EVAR. *cuts up card* mwahahahahaha!!! I have enough clothes to last me until I get to my goal weight (a variety of sizes too, augh) so I don't plan on shopping at LB for a long long time, if ever, again.

Well, here's last nights menu, I'm posting it cuz it was so yummay and not too bad for you either. :

breakfast: Fiber one (no cholesterol) muffin, 2 slices bacon
l: half a roasted vegetable quesedilla, no cheese, half a spicy chicken flatbread pizza. (me and bf split both and were pleasantly full at the end but not disgusting or bloaty feeling.)
s: none, was out
s: None, was out (USed my snack cals for the lunch since I couldn't have my snack, lunch fit perefectly into my daily 1400 cals!)
dinner: 4 oz pork chop, half a baked sweet potato, no butter, splenda, cinnamon, butter buds.

and todays:

b: deli turkey on multi grain english muffin w/lettuce, swiss and mayo
l: grilled cheese on whole wheat w/ pickles
s: fiber one muffin (no cholesterol), cherry flavored prunes
s: cherry flavored prunes, small banana
d: roasted vegetable pita w/ skim mozzarella