3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 26 Jan - 1 Feb (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162654-accountability-menu-planning-26-jan-1-feb.html)

Numina 01-28-2009 09:32 AM

Rhonda: Journaling is a great idea! Most people I know that have successfully lost a lot of weight and kept it off used journals. I am glad to hear things are going to ease off some at work. Pat yourself on the back for getting through this rough patch.

MJ5: I hope you are keeping warm and the power is on where you are. Congratulations on walking right past all those horrible, tempting things in the store. If they don’t get into your cart, they don’t latch onto your thighs. Good job, soldier!

BeverylyJoy: I hope you are feeling a lot better today than yesterday. I think you are doing wonderfully in dealing with the pain while staying on program. Tough ladies like you keep the rest of us on program, too --- hang in there!

RedFlame: HA! You almost “lost” your pants, huh? Well, I saw you giving that hunky new guy the once over and then --- presto chango! --- you flashed him! Better be careful or you will have him following you around drooling, girl. (Seriously, great news! You are really kicking butt!)

Eiluj: There is nothing easy about any of this about this, is there? I am so sorry for what you are going through. You are so right --- you WILL need to eat well to have the physical and mental energy to take care of everything. And the routine of being OP might give you a stable framework to work from. (((HUGS)))

Nicolen: Glad you are feeling better! Hope the nasty customer situation turns out not to be so nasty after all. If not, just think of all the calories you are burning by grinding your teeth as you restrain yourself from throttling someone!

Thanks, everyone, for all the good thoughts you sent. It helped, because I am definitely better today. I am going into the rec center to walk, although it might be a little slower than normal.

B: oatmeal with yogurt and almonds
S: grapefruit
L: leftover stir fry veggies
S: apple
D: apple cider stew

Have a strong, OP day, everyone! :woops:

lottie63 01-28-2009 11:30 AM

puppies! yay! hehe. :D I love the name gabriel.

Well last night I made fiber one apple cinnamon muffins (with egg whites instead of whole eggs) and I didn't have any cals left when I made them and I actually didn't eat any! I waited until this morning and had one with two strips of bacon for breakfast. They are so soft and yummay and 5 grams of fiber :D

also I've had my daily water req. met the last 2-3 days. woohoo I am back on track! :D

Redflame 01-28-2009 11:46 AM

know what? I feel GOOD today..........and that is not something normal for me. My back is not hurting or my knee......something felt 'off' until I finally realized that I was not presently in pain.....a strange feeling for me. How sad is that?

I know that weight loss will help my knee greatly, but I really think that the back pain is simply my back tired of holding this way to big of frame in an upright position, the muscles are saying "enough already!"

Today:
B coffee
Lunch #1 10am turkey wrap 265 cals
Lunch #2 2pm homemade sweet tater greens soup 200 cals
Dinner 6pm Soup, salad and sammich 600 cals

Still not enough----=--hmmmm wonder when I will figure out that I need to really eat breakfast like I promised myself I would:o

OH, and one last thing, before I have to call in my 9am client----on my way up the porch last night when I came home my pant leg caught on my heels (NSV that I was able to wear heels!) and my pants were down to the bottom of my bottom by the time I hit the door! My kids about died laughing

mj5 01-28-2009 02:07 PM

Hi everyone!!!! I have had meeting after meeting after meeting....today. It's annual report time, so there is LOTS to do! (Isn't there always?) We have another meeting at 3:30, then I can finally go home. I am not going to the gym--the roads are really icky and I don't want to chance it. I will do a watp dvd when I get home.

nicolen--Hope you were able to work through the complaint ok. Mmm cheese....yea that's tough too!

Rhonda--So glad things are going to get better at work. Extra time for the treadmill is a good thing!

Beverlyjoy--How's your foot? You can get through this!!

Numina--So glad you are feeling better! I am trying to stay warm. The power is on, luckily!!!

lottie--Now that is will power! Great job!!!!

Redflame--YEA!!! I am so glad that you feel good! That is awersome! Too funny about your 'entrance' last night!

I am feeling that "good" kind of sore from my recent workouts, with the exception of my knee....it is getting bad again. Good thing I see the ortho on Friday!!!

Today will mark op day #3!!!!

Eiluj 01-28-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolen (Post 2580322)
Julie, lots and lots of :hug: for you, sweetheart. Did Steve have life insurance? Is that going to cover the bills when it comes through?

Ni, his health wasn't good so we could never afford life insurance for him.

It's okay, though. I'm frustrated, but it's not insurmountable. :hug:

Eating today was a slapdash affair. The weather is awful and the electricity at my brother's house went out. He has five! little kids, so we were shuttling everyone from his house to my mom's, and then of course once we got done the power came back on even though the electric company said it would be days! Argh!

Anyway, I at least got some veggies in me today.

Redflame, I love that you felt good today. Yes, losing weight might take some strain off some of your muscles and joints. I know it does for me.

Hugs to everyone. Even when I don't respond directly, I'm reading and learning from you all.

Julie

nicolen 01-29-2009 12:24 AM

Hi everyone!

Yay Friday tomorrow. This week is really dragging.

A good day today. Good workout and I got the customer complaint sorted - he had a very valid point because we had dropped the ball a bit, but he was quite nasty to deal with. You know, I like dealing with customers and I'm good at it, but I really don't want to help people like that.

Tomorrow I've got another session with my trainer and a quiet night. I'm not going anywhere, so I think I'll have to have a hot date with my DVD player. Sounds like a good plan.

Rhonda, yay for the craziness ending at work. Ours is just starting for the year. Fun.

Beverley, it's never fun being in pain. Hope things are on the improve for you!

Numina, fantastic that you're feeling better. Hope you enjoyed your walk!

Lottie, yay for being on track!

Redflame, yes, you do need to eat breakfast! I've been hesitating about saying anything, but you really do need to have something along with the coffee to give your body a start for the day.

MJ, hope things start to slow down for you soon.

Julie, I'm pleased it's not insurmountable. Can you negotiate some payment plans with the creditors? I know that when I worked in credit control for a power company we were happy to negotiate payment plans with clients as long as they spoke to us before we disconnected the power...

The menu today was:

B - English muffin, vegemite

S - protein bar (thought I'd try this and won't be buying them again. It was nasty!).

S - grapes

L - chicken salad roll

S - blueberries

D - omelette and salad

Enjoy your day, everyone!

mj5 01-29-2009 10:25 AM

Good Morning! The snow has finally stopped! Our area of the state was mentioned on the Today Show this morning (Thanks, Al!) b/c of all the snow we received...I am very happy the person who plows for us showed up before I had to leave for work. I was running late and did not have time to shovel, although it would have been good exercise!

Julie--Sending you lots of ++++++ thoughts! Well, at least the power is back on, right?

nicolen--I know what you mean. I don't have a problem admitting when we have made a mistake, but when someone is nasty, it makes me NOT want to work very hard to make it right. Yea for another good day!

Hi to everyone else!

So far so good w/ food choices and water today. I am very happy to be seeing my ortho tomorrow, how sad...happy to be going to the doctor?! I may do some bargain shopping on my way home. I'm supposed to walk around a bit after I get the injection...who says I can't walk around the mall????

Have a gret OP day everyone!!!!

Redflame 01-29-2009 11:53 AM

Ya know, I think my moods are very much like a 14 year old girl. Today I am fairly low, more pain than normal in my knee and back.......I wonder what comes first, the pain or the mood? Seriously, does my pain establish my mood? Or does my mood make me more aware of the pain? endorphines and all that jazz ya know?

Anyway, I will fake it till I make it today. Tonight starts a three day seminar I am going to called Ancient Paths. It is through my church and focuses on lies in our past (like "I cant get close to people because they leave me---usually said by someone who had divorced parents!)

B--chai tea (I promise by Monday I will have breakfast, seriously, I am promising everyone to keep me accountable, I wont let other people down)
L turkey wrap 11am
D turkey wrap 4pm
Snacks, nuts and fruit 7pm
WAY too low in calories, maybe I can run home today and grab some cottage cheese or something

Numina 01-29-2009 12:06 PM

Julie: Veggies are good! Even in the chaos, you are managing to make some good choices. I hope things settle down weather-wise for you --- it’s not like you need more aggravation. And I am glad you are finding time to post – here is a place where you can release some emotional tension without upsetting anyone else in your family.

NicoleN: Hey! Looks like you are building up your personal strengthes in a lot of areas. Dealing with obnoxious people (even when they are right) can be very challenging, so kudos to you for your professionalism. Glad you had a strong gym session too --- have fun with the trainer tomorrow.

MJ5: You know, with all the snow in your area, it would be a BAD idea to walk around outside after your shot, so walking around at the mall is practically what the doctor ordered. And if you happen to spend some money on a bargain, then you are stimulating the economy! It’s an obvious win-win situation! ;)

RedFlame: Pain or mood --- chicken or egg. Interesting! Obviously, our minds can do amazing things to help us handle pain and illness, which is why placebos work at all. Whichever caused whatever, I am sorry to hear you are hurting (although I love you attitude about it!)

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, but at a much reduced speed (since I coughed like I wanted to rid myself of lung if I went "fast"). I drank a liter of water, the first time in 5 days I managed that feat. Food has been low, actually, since everything tastes off, and except for this dang cough, I think I am pretty much better.

B: cottage cheese, tomatoes, chicken broth
L: salad w/tuna and 1 slice whole wheat toast/butter
S: NF yogurt
D: talapia, brown rice, steamed veggies, sugar free jello

Almost through another week, folks! Let's crank up that music, pull on our best you-better-not-mess-with-me-today clothes and obliterate some of those nasty fat pounds! Rock on! (:D)

Beverlyjoy 01-30-2009 06:36 AM

Hi Chicks........yesterday was an awful food day. Darn - I was having a good run at food sanity. But, everyday (whether op or offplan) is new beginning. So, I'll try again.

I am not sure about my plan - I'll be back with my plan and personals.

Have a GREAT day.

Numina 01-30-2009 08:22 AM

Holy veggie burgers, BeverlyJoy!

Did you know that you have lost 53 pounds? And that you are only 4 pounds away from your mini-goal? You might be having a couple of less than perfect days lately, but obviously, overall, you are KICKING BUTT! So, relax and re-focus --- you have everything under control and just need to jiggle the fine tuner a bit.

Hmmmm.... I have this image in my head: You as Mary Poppins are standing serenely at the door of a play room. The floor of the room is covered in old, grey, ugly toys --- each one a FatNasty in disguise. You calmly look down at them, shake your head and then SNAP! your fingers. Then you firmly point your finger OUT! OUT! OUT! The FatNasties all panic and run this way and that, but you stand there unperturbed, pointing them the way they MUST go. And they do! They leave! After all, who is going to mess with Mary Poppins? :D

I drank a liter of water again yesterday and kept to my eating plan. I only walked 20 minutes on the treadmill. I am shooting for at least 30 minutes today.

B: oatmeal with yogurt and almonds
L: open-face fake crab sandwich, with a little mayo and a little mozzarella
S: undecided
D: tomato soup and grilled ham/cheese sandwiches, except I won't eat the sandwiches LOL

Happy Friday, everyone! Let's go scare some fat!

mj5 01-30-2009 09:15 AM

Good Morning!!! I am so glad to be seeing the ortho today. I haven't been sleeping well and I know the injection will help.

Redflame--My former physical therapist and I had a long coversation about that one day....I know for me, when I am not in a good mood or feeling sick, I am much less able to deal w/ my knee pain. If I am in a good mood, the same amount of pain (or more) may not seem so bad...if that makes any sense...of course, being in a lot of pain can also put me in a bad mood. I struggled w/ breakfast for a long time. It really does help!

numina--I like the way you think!!! Great job yesterday!

Beverlyjoy--Exactly, new day, fresh start! I know you can do this!

Rhonda, Schmoodle, nicolen, and everyone else who pops in--HI!!!!!

Last night I was checking out the clearance stuff on Old Navy online...I found a pair of jeans for 4.99!!! Their clearance stuff is 50% off!!! You have to have the code, if you want it, let me know.

Have a great OP day everyone!

lottie63 01-30-2009 10:24 AM

Well I hope all of you ladies are keeping warm! Today is very snowy here in pittsburgh.

I lost another lb today. that's 3 this week. Sunday is official weigh in day though and I am .5 lbs away from losing another lb, but it'll prolly melt on monday or tuesday :P

What are everyones plans for the weekend? I plan on heading down to the waterfront (Shopping/entertainment area). I pay my land bryant credit card at the store, and I'm PAYING IT OFF on saturday! ALL OF IT! WOOHOO! :D
and of course bf and I will prolly eat and see a movie. but we have our nifty daily plate apps on our iphones so we can eat wherever we want and stay op. :D

Beverlyjoy 01-30-2009 11:09 AM

Numina - I LOVE that fantasy. I like being Mary Poppins. You're such a dear!! I am ready to move forward with a healthy day.

Here's my plan:

need to push thru and have a sane food day
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
meditation
put fork down between each bite
PMA

breakfast - boca bacon, pnb toast, applesauce
lunch -eggplant and provelone cheese, garlic toast
snack - baked apple, cheese
dinner - spaghetti and spaghetti squash, parm, salad, garlic bread
snack - cinn toast, sf hot cocoa

mj5 01-30-2009 11:11 AM

lottie--Congrats on the loss AND on paying off your bill!!!!