3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 26 Jan - 1 Feb (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162654-accountability-menu-planning-26-jan-1-feb.html)

nicolen 01-27-2009 01:34 AM

Bread recipe.

OK, I've done my best to transcribe this into American measurements, but bear in mind that there may well be a bit too little or too much flour.

1 1/4 cups warm water
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon dried yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
extra flour for kneading.
oil spray.

Combine water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and leave for approx 10 - 15 mins till the yeast has foamed up.
Add salt and both flours and bring together to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured board/bench and knead till the dough is soft and springy - approx 10 - 15 mins. Place dough in clean bowl that has been sprayed with oil spray and turn dough over to coat with the oil. Leave to rise in a warm place till it's doubled in size - approx an hour.
Punch dough down and shape into loaf or rolls. Spray loaf tin with oil spray, place dough in tin and leave to rise in a warm place till it's doubled in size - approx an hour.
Preheat oven to 200 deg C (I think around 400 deg F, but you may want to double check that).
Place loaf ti on oven shelf approx halfway up the oven and cook for 25 - 30 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack.

I tend to use 2 cups of wholemeal flour to 1 cup of white flour now, so play with the preportions till you get something you like.
This makes a good size loaf - usually does me for about 5 - 6 days of lunches - which keeps really well, and takes little hands on time - maybe about 20 minutes all up. The rest of the time is just waiting on the dough.

Numina 01-27-2009 07:53 AM

Just a quick check-in. The flu is sending me back to bed as soon as the kid gets off to school. No exercise yesterday (unless snoring counts LOL) but I ate very little. Today should be very similar. Thanks for all the tips and warm wishes.

Everybody have a great OP day!

GirlyGirlSebas 01-27-2009 07:54 AM

Good morning, Friends,

Well, I knew I'd hit a rough patch sooner or later. I just wish I could say that I handled it with grace. Old habits took over yesterday and I went off-plan. I need to sit down and do some journaling so I can learn from this and move on. I'm back on-plan today, but the honeymoon period is definitely over. Now, it's time for the hard work of changing my thinking. This is tough!

Have a great on-plan day.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-27-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redflame (Post 2577389)
We also got a puppie, a boston terrier, I will get some pictures soon!

A ticking wind-up clock wrapped in a blanket. I put this in the pups crate and they sleep like little angels. :) It also helps to have the crate right by the bed. They are often comforted by your presence.

mj5 01-27-2009 09:10 AM

Good morning! It's another sunny, but COLD day here. We are supposed to get snow again tonight. Some of my family is going to Florida soon and I have to say I am a little jealous that they are going to get a break from this cold weather!!!!

Randi--Hope people stayed home last night and off the roads.

Julie--How are you doing? Exactly, 2009 will get better eventually!

Redflame--I'm sorry that you know what knee pain is like! A new puppy, how exciting!!! Can't wait to see pics! What's his/her name?

cfmama--I am so sorry. Take care of yourself. Congrats on your puppy!!!! What is her name? You are doing awesome! Keep it up!

lottie--Yes, you are awesome!!! Great job!

nicolen--Hope your headache is better. I hate waking up like that. Ok, so you had a hungry day, today is a new day! My workout was great! Taking the book out of my workout bag was a really good move! Your bread recipe looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

Numina--Hope you feel better soon!!!

Rhonda--Ok, so you had a rough day. New day, fresh start. Good for you for jumping right back on plan and starting to journal. I know you can do this!

I maintained this week, which is ok. I know I haven't been "putting my all" into my works and everything, so as long as it isn't a gain, I'm happy. I had a great workout last night. I ended up doing legs/back for weights and cardio. Tonight I have a late meeting, so I will only have time for cardio, but I AM going to the gym right after my meeting. I have my lunch and snacks packed for today.

I am counting today as OP day #2...since I didn't meet my water goal over the weekend and didn't do all the exercise I planned on Saturday, I am holding myself accountable. I know that if I want to see the scale move (and my clothes get looser), I need to keep up w/ the exercise, period. Eating well is only part of it.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Beverlyjoy 01-27-2009 09:20 AM

Hi chicks...yesterday was a good day. :) I am so grateful.

I am dealing with some back and foot pain :( ...but, I have not eaten over it. I am very grateful for that.:)

Today, I"ll stay home and rest my pieces and parts.

- lots of water
- meditation
- mindful eating
- putting my fork down between bites and really tasting my food
- stretches and strengthening
- ice/heat on my parts
PMA

breakfast - strawberries, pnb toast, egg white scramble with ketchup
lunch - brown rice with veggies, eggs and a little soy (faux fried rice)
snack - cheese toast
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, steamed carrots
snack - cinn. toast

Rhonda - I love your new picture - so pretty.:D Sorry about the off plan day. I think your idea of journaling is so good. :) Life happens....food happens...try and hop back on your plan and carry on. I know you CAN do this.

Numina - feel better soon. :hug: Drink lots of fluids.

Nicolen - thanks for that recipe. Hope your headache is gone. :hug:It's good to keep lots of tempting foods out of the house. Good for you.:D

Mj - maintaining is good too. You are doing fantastically. :D:D Carry on.

Lottie - great job on the weight loss and drinking all your water. :carrot::carrot: and the weight loss.

Justwanna -congrats on the weight loss :carrot::carrot: - remember one pound equals 4 sticks of butter!

CFmama - I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: I am sending hugs to you and your family. Good job staying op with all the stress going on. That's a huge accomplishment. :D

Redflame - glad to hear you stayed op over the weekend. :D Enjoy the new puppy - what's it's name?

Julie - I hope your feeling better. :hug:Yes...2009 will be a good year!!

schmoodle- WOW down 70 pounds :D:D:carrot::carrot::D:D - that is SO fantastic! You go girl. Slow and stead wins the race.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Shout out to anyone that stops by.

Redflame 01-27-2009 11:12 AM

B- coffee
L turkey and romaine wrap
D chicken soup--that I will make when I get home unless I can talk my son into starting it for me

I only had 1100 calories yesterday (should have been 1700) I even made some oatmeal in the evening with PB and banana to get my cals up, and could not finish it. Not really interested in eating it seems like. Guess I will just go with it for a couple days and see how it pans out

Hugs, well wishes, and blessings to all........not alot of time to post this morning

Eiluj 01-27-2009 01:32 PM

Hi, everyone. Thanks for the kind words.

Today started with me in a lawyer's office, getting things moving on Steve's estate. He didn't have much in the way of assets and now I'm getting hammered with medical bills and funeral expenses and discovering he had way more credit card debt than I thought, so the money situation is going to be bad.

In the car, I said out loud, "Steve, if you were alive, I'd kick you in the pants!" It was at least a little bit of humor for my day.

I'm able to eat today. Now I'm going to have to try not to go to the other extreme and eat everything in sight.

Grief is a wretched thing.

Cfmama, how are you holding up, sweetie?

Rhonda, it's all about standing up after falling down, right? That's what I'm telling myself anyway. I'm thinking a ticking windup clock might help me, too! :)

Julie

Redflame 01-27-2009 01:51 PM

Julie, so I will offer some unsolicited advice......I'm sure NO one else is doing that!;)
Healthy eating is important during any stressful time, along with rest. But dont let a diet become an additional stress. Take it easy on yourself.
For the ticking clock; that was funny---but very real at the same time! My friend put her husbands tshirt on a pillow like a pillowcase, she slept with it, screamed at it, hugged it and hit it---but most importantly she released the fear, anger, frustration and grief little by little as she was ready. As soon a she started doing that she said she no longer felt like an overblown balloon ready to burst any moment.:hug:

Eiluj 01-27-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redflame (Post 2579077)
But dont let a diet become an additional stress. Take it easy on yourself.

You're so right. My big concern is just feeling as good as I can, and I know that eating well will help with that. But it's so easy to comfort eat, you know? It's miserable long-term, though.

I don't mind the advice. I need to hear these things over and over! :hug:

Redflame 01-27-2009 07:13 PM

Puppys name is Gabriel, for two reasons. His ears are so big they resemble wings (some day he might grow into them) and he acts like an angel---when he sleeps

Has anyone seen this fantastic looking tea, its on the side ad I see right now, I fancy food it is the blooming tea in a clear glass tea pot, WOW that looks cool! I want one, the one I want is $65 for the pot, and a warmer under it, and variety of 6 teas..............uber cool! here is the link

A little funny----I ALMOST lost my pants today. I was wearing sling back heels and my pant leg went between heel and shoe, and as I stepped forward it yanked at my pants on my hip---which were super loose, and they went down a good 4-5 inches! I had a long top on and all was recovered without anyone noticing, god thing because I had a lobby full and was walking up to the front desk

mj5 01-27-2009 07:30 PM

Julie--Just find whatever is going to feel right for you. We are all here for
you!!!!

Redflame--Love the name! Our Ellie-Mae took a while to grow into her ears too! She still 'floats' her ears in her water dish from time to time, though...I couldn't get the link to work, but I think I know what you are talking about. They do look really pretty! That is too funny....maybe time for some new pants?

I did my planned workout tonight, even though I was running later than I thought I would be. AND I resisted the "naughty" aisle at the grocery store--you know the one, w/ all of the yummy cupcakes, cookies, cannolis, etc that try to jump into the cart on the way by! I was SO hungry (NOT a good idea to go to the store after the gym AND hungry!), but I bought a bottle of water instead.

Have a great OP night!

nicolen 01-28-2009 12:02 AM

Hi Guys!

I feel much better today - yay, no headache. Unless you count the fairly serious complaint I have to deal with tomorrow. It sounds nasty, but sometimes I really think my job would be better if I didn't have to deal with customers. Then again, without customers I wouldn't have a job...

No gym today so I actually had a cruisy time this morning. Didn't have to rush to get out of the house and it was great. I'm amazed at what I can get done in 30 minutes, but it's good to have the time to enjoy the morning...

Numina, sending lots of get well vibes your way. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Rhonda, it's one day. You can pick yourself up and start again tomorrow - I know you can!

Beverley, I hope your back and foot's feeling better. Did you enjoy your quiet day at home?

Redflame, try not to eat so little too often - as you know, you won't be getting the nutrients you know and it can mess up your metabolism. Not a good thing at all...

Julie, lots and lots of :hug: for you, sweetheart. Did Steve have life insurance? Is that going to cover the bills when it comes through?

MJ, WTG on avoiding the nasty aisle at the supermarket. Mine's the cheese cabinet. And the chip aisle...

Todays menu was:

B - English muffin, vegemite

S - grapes

L - chicken salad roll

S - cheese wedge and carrot sticks

D - tofu marinated in teriyaki marinade and mushrooms.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas 01-28-2009 07:33 AM

Good morning, Friends,

This looks like my last crazy week at work. The high-stress season is coming to a close. I have two more reports to get out this week. After this, I hope to have plenty of extra time for the treadmill. I need to exercise. The scales are stuck already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eiluj (Post 2579015)
Grief is a wretched thing.

Yes, it is. But, don't let this be an excuse to comfort yourself with the food. After my Mom passed in '04, I turned to food and sugar for comfort. Within 20 months I had gained an additional 75 pounds on my already overweight body. I developed insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue. Looking back, I wonder if my grief process would have been easier if I had taken care of myself instead of pumping all of that junk into my body. Take care of yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redflame (Post 2579777)
A little funny----I ALMOST lost my pants today.

:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj5 (Post 2579823)
AND I resisted the "naughty" aisle at the grocery store!

Yay! You rock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolen (Post 2580322)
I feel much better today - yay, no headache.

Great news!

Well, I better get going on those reports. Have a great on-plan day.

Beverlyjoy 01-28-2009 08:30 AM

Hi Chicks...I ate a little extra yesterday. In know it was in response to pain. I've worked through that before, I need to dig deep and get thru it again.

For today:

lots of water
meditation
stretches - done
put fork down between bites
aware eating - eat at kitchen table
PMA

breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, applesauce
lunch - LC pasta, tossed salad
snack - baked apple
dinner - not sure
snack - peanut butter and honey toast

Rhonda - so glad you'll have time for the treadmill. I LOVE your new picture!

Nicolen - glad your headache is gone. Have a GREAT day.

MJ - buying water when hungry and avoiding the 'naughty isle' is awesome.

Redflame - Gabriel is wonderful name for your puppy. Glad you didn't lose your pants.

Julie - its hard to not comfort ourselves with food. But, I think in the long run it just doesn't feel good. Dealing with estate issues is a huge thing. Hang in there.

Shout out to everyone else! Have a great day.