3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 26 Jan - 1 Feb (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162654-accountability-menu-planning-26-jan-1-feb.html)

nicolen 01-25-2009 11:57 PM

Accountability/Menu/Planning 26 Jan - 1 Feb

Hey everyone!

Would you like a place to put your daily menu? Is planning helpful to you. Is accountability helpful? Or...maybe just a bit of extra support. If any or all of these sound like they'd fit your plan...please DO join us!

nicolen 01-26-2009 12:10 AM

Hi everyone.

Wow, we're nearly at February. It felt strange writing that on the title of the thread - this year's flying by already!

It was a funny sort of Monday today - Auckland anniversary day, so basically half the country was on holiday. So **** day is tomorrow instead of today. I'll get through it - I always do...

Anyway, fairly typical Monday here - home, gym, work and I'll have dinner in a bit and maybe go for a walk. There's not much happening here, although I did notice that the waistband on my uniform trousers were quite comfortable, rather than being uncomfortable as they've been since I got back after Christmas.

Tomorrow it'll be much of the same...

Lottie, do make sure you keep up your water. And good luck with getting off the medication!

Schmoodle, soup, yummy! I love soup in the winter. As for the bread baking - I tend to make it in the evening at this time of year when it's a bit cooler.

MJ, how's the knee feeling now? Better, I hope.

Beverley, you're doing so well!

Junebaby, welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!

And of course, thoughts are with our Julie and Tammy. Love you both. :hug:

The menu today was:

B - English muffin, vegemite, cheese

S - boiled egg

S - blueberries

L - chicken salad roll

S - laughing cow and celery

D - leftovers - chicken, potato, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

cfmama 01-26-2009 12:11 AM

Hello!

nicolen: I wish you luck getting through your **** day!!! Congrats on the not so tight waistband!

Tomorrow is Day 121 on plan for me and my second week into calorie cycling... which obviously is working as I lost 3.4 lbs last week.

Tomorrow is also a 2100 calorie day

B- 2 slices sprouted grain bread, 2 T peanut butter, banana
s-3 T pepper and lime hummus, 3 sour dough wasa, kiwi
L- 1 cup homemade extra lean turkey spaghetti sauce, 1.5 cups brusel sprouts
s- 3 mini honey mandarin oranges, 2 rice cakes
D- tuna melts: 1.5 english muffins, 1 can tuna, 2 T sauce style mayo, 1/4 cup onions, 1 oz mozza cheese, 1.5 cups steamed broccoli
s- 100 calorie popcorn and blueberry fruit cup

Beverlyjoy 01-26-2009 07:38 AM

Hi chicks - yesterday was good most of the day. We had a last minute invite to our cousin's for dinner. It kind of threw me off and I ate extra. I wish I could just roll with whatever comes my way with food - I am still working on that. Someones here says - it's a journey, not a destination.

My almost two grandson 'called' via my son. We put him on speaker phone and he was saying lots of words like - tickle, car, kitty cat and many many more. :D So much fun to be able to hear him talking. I'd like to hug him through the phone.

lots of water
meditation
mindful eating
eating with no distractions
stretches and strengthening
PMA

breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - soup, cheese toast, red pepper strips
snack - tangerine
dinner - pork chop, ww egg noodles, tossed salad
snack - cinn toast

CJmama - I am so glad yoor calorie cycling is working!! Congrats on the weight loss.:carrot::carrot: How's your grandma and aunt doing?

MJ - I hope your knee is improved today. :)

Nicolen - I am glad you've had a good day. Yes, I agree. I can hardly believe that it's almost February. :dizzy:

Shout out to everyone.....have a great day.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-26-2009 07:46 AM

Good morning Friends,

Nicolen - Yay for looser waist bands!
CFmama - so glad you found calorie cycling. And, congratulations on a wonderful loss!
Beverly - I can't wait to have grandkids. Of course, it will be a while. My girls are only 13 and 9. Something kinda funny...when my youngest was 5, she found out from where babies are delivered and that it hurts. Ever since, she is quick to remind me that she is adopting. :D

Today is my official weigh-in day. I maintained, but I can't be disappointed. The fat percentage finally dropped 1%.:carrot: It's been at the same percentage for over a year.

I have a dental appointment this afternoon to have some fillings replaced. Fun fun.

Have a great on-plan day.

Schmoodle 01-26-2009 07:49 AM

Ola chickies and Happy Monday! Not much out of the ordinary around here. Work, housework, kids' activities on the agenda today. We may get some snow tomorrow and I hope if we get it, it will be a lot!
Here's my plan for today:
B: turkey burger, V8, coffee with fat free half and half
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: collard greens soup, 3 bean salad
S: skim latte, hard boiled egg
D: eggplant lasagna, spinach salad, roasted cauliflower
S: ricotta creme if I'm hungry, diet chocolate fudge soda if I'm not.

BeverlyJoy, hee that's me (see ticker)! That's so nice that you got to talk to your grandson.
cfmama, glad the calorie cycling is working for you, and congrats on the 3.4 lbs. That's a lot!
thanks for getting things started nicolen. And congrats on the waistband NSV! My jeans are tight since Christmas. It's a good everyday reminder, but I can't wait until the are comfy again.
Hope everyone's week is getting off to a smooth start!

ETA: Good morning Rhonda, we are simulposting today! If you didn't see my comment yesterday, I love your new avatar pic. You look great!

Numina 01-26-2009 08:26 AM

Good morning, everyone!

Nicolen: Enjoy your day off and congratulations on your shrinking waist! You can relax and enjoy imagining all of us running around crazy on our typical Monday (but we get to do the same to you tomorrow….lol)

CFMama: 121 days on plan? You blow me away! And yeah, it DEFINITELY seems to be working for you.

BeverlyJoy: Your grandson sounds positively adorable! I don’t have any good advice about surprise dinners or other eating situations --- but it sounds like you had a good weekend anyway.

Rhonda: Congratulations on the drop in fat --- another powerful step on the way to a healthier you. Sorry about the dentist, however --- that sounds like no fun.

Schmoodle: Your food plan looks great! And when you say “a lot” of snow, how much are we talking here? (And how many calories does making snow angels burn up?)

Here, the weekend was good food-wise, not so good water-wise. (Why is it so hard to drink water?) My son is heading back to school with a cough, leaving me his sore throat, nausea, etc. Blech.

B: oatmeal with yogurt
S: 1/2 grapefruit
L: green salad with 1 piece whole wheat toast, butter
S: apple
D: beef apple cider stew w/salad

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

mj5 01-26-2009 09:13 AM

Good Morning! My knee is ok, not great, but ok. Thanks to all of you who asked.

nicolen--Thanks for starting us off! I know, I cannot believe Jan is almost over!

cfmama--121 OP days, you rock! Great loss!!!

Beverlyjoy--All we can do is keep plugging away. Your grandson sounds like a cutie!

Rhonda--Congrats! Your pic is gorgeous!!!

Numia--So sorry ds decided to share w/ you. Have you tried adding some lemon to your water?

Tonight right after work I am going to the gym. I am going to lift weights (arms/shoulders) and do some cardio. I need to get myself back on track. I know I can do this, but I feel like I have been slacking off lately.

Have a great OP day everyone!

lottie63 01-26-2009 09:28 AM

Thanks so much nicolen! I 'm drinking some hot tea right now and yesterday Ihad about 9 cups! I'm feeling so much betta, not all bloated! hehe.

thanks for the reminder though, I need it! :D

S.A.S.H 01-26-2009 10:13 AM

Good Morning everyone. :) The scale FINALLY moved for me, 1 pound. Its a snow day today and I work tonight. I hope people stay home. It amazes me how they go out, get stuck, and wonder why there are no officers to help them and the 500 others who did the same thing. :crazy:

Nicole - I hope work flies by for you. Gotta love looser pants. :) Do you have a recipe for your homemade bread?

Tammy - I think I am going to have to read up on this calorie cycling thing. I have to do something to kick it in gear. Im happy with any loss, but I'd really like to hit 2lbs a week for a while.

Bev joy - How fun getting to hear your grandson!

Rhonda - Congrats on the drop! I, too, Love the new pic. :)

Schmoodle, wishing for lots of snow for you! :snow:

Numina - Hope you feel better. Try some lemon green tea, it counts as fluid intake too.

Mj - Hope your knee feels better soon.

Lottie - dont you hate that bloated feeling. Midol always helps me, even if it's not TOM related.

Eiluj 01-26-2009 01:16 PM

Hi, everybody.

My struggle continues to be getting enough to eat. My stomach isn't happy with me at all.

I'm trying lots of cereal today to see if that calms my system down a little. Right now, I'm munching on Puffins and I think I'll make some hot tea.

I'm back at work today, hoping that will give me some structure again.

2009 will get better eventually, dammit.

Julie

Redflame 01-26-2009 07:19 PM

Hello!

Julie--YES, 2009 will get better eventually, dammit---just one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time. Hang in there! find something that lifts your spirits and emmerse yourself in it (a book, music, etc)

Numina--sharing is caring--that's what my kids tell me when I catch their germs

CF--great job on the calorie cycling, I love it myself

Bev--I look forward to grandkids, but not for another 10 years, I told my kids they could not reproduce until after they were at least 26!

Rhonda--dentist appt, huh? better you than me, I hate that place

MJ--hope you find relief for you pain soon, I certainly know what you are going through

Schmoodle--your soup sounds wonderful! I alway forget about Kale. But I do love Olive Gardens kale and potato soup, I have created something like that before, but it is a little high with the sausage and the milk.

Lottie--hows the water intake, floating yet? back strokes burn calories!

Nicole--no wonder the waist is shrinking, gym and walking on the same day? great job

Well I am sure I have missed some, sorry

I have not checked in since Friday, seems like ages ago. This weekend went very well, we ate out, and at a friends house and still I had OP days! We also got a puppie, a boston terrier, I will get some pictures soon! Now I remember why I dont just continue making babies, I SOOOOOO need my uninterupted sleep. I was a mess Sunday after get up a couple times in the middle of the night with the puppy.

I have some of my lunch stuff here at work, so I am happy about that too

today's
B; coffee, tea, and hot cocoa, could not get enough hot drinks, 11 degrees here!
L turkey and romaine roll up with Flat Out 90 cal flat bread--great on the calories, the bread was weird though
D omlette with ham and motzerella, mushrooms and onions and spinach
S cottage cheese and fruit maybe?

I got 3 Biggest Loser workout videos this weekend, they were on sale for $7.99 at Shopko (instead of 19.99 everywhere else)

Better get back to work...........take care of yourselves today!

cfmama 01-26-2009 11:10 PM

Julie: big huge hugs...
redflame: what did you name your new pup???
Beverlyjoy: awwww!!!! I know our "grammie" loves to talk to my two year old Phoenix on the phone. So special!
GirlygirlSebas: first of all... LOVE the new avatar and congrats on maintaining and the fat percentage dropage!!!!
Schmoodle: how much snow did you get?
Numina: I hear ya on the water. I still struggle but force myself. I find adding an herbal teabag to my water flavours it up a bit.
mj5: you can do this. Go girl!!!
lottie63: how are you today?
Justwannabeme: YAY!!! One pound is awesome! They add up quickly :)

I'm okay today. My mom made all of the funeral arrangements and the service is on friday. It's been stressful but it's settling down now.

I got some GOOD news! My puppy ( blue merle rough collie baby girl ) was born about 6 hours ago!!! She's coming from champion parents so she's our newest show prospect. I'll share pics when I have them :)

Plan for tomorrow: day 122 and exactly FOUR MONTHS on plan!
B- 1 cup optimum slim, yogurt and all source fruit bar
s- (cutting out morning snack... breakfast at 8 and lunch at 11 instead)
L- salmon fillet, 1 cup brussel sprouts, cm cheese
s- 3 sour dough wasa, 3 T black pepper and lime hummus, orange
D- 1 cup chicken breast, 3 cups steamed cabbage, 2 T tangerine lime dressing
s- orange, 22 almonds

I'm totally on plan with eating, watering and exercise. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting under 300 lbs!!!!!

Have a great totally on plan day my friends!!!!

lottie63 01-26-2009 11:37 PM

cfmama I AM AWESOME!!!! I lost another 2 lbs! I wish weigh in day had been today! So not official till next sunday, but I also have 6 more days to lose more by then ;)

I drank lots of water today too. woohoo! :D

breakfast: oatmeal and banana
snack: apple, banana, prunes
lunch: grilled chicken, brown rice, with 1 tbls sweet and sour sauce
snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 serv triscuits
dinner: bacon and eggs

nicolen 01-27-2009 01:24 AM

Hi lovelies!

Today has been a struggle. I woke up with a pounding headache and although I did make it to the gym, it wasn't exactly a great workout. Work was much quieter than we anticipated - to give you some perspective, Auckland has approx 25% of the population of NZ and around 45% of our customer base, so any day that they're on holiday results in absolute chaos the next day for us.

I feel like all I've done today is eat. I had breakfast, my boiled egg snack after the gym and my fruit at morning tea time. Then I didn't feel like the lunch I'd packed, so went down to the cafe at work and bought sushi and ate that and my lunch. And bought subway for dinner on the way home because I really didn't want to cook. About the best thing I can say is at least there's really no rubbish food in there...

Never mind. Tomorrow is going to be a much better day. Yes.

Tammy, 3.4 lb down! Go you! And a new puppy. Looking forward to seeing those when you get them...

Beverley, how gorgeous with your grandson!

Rhonda, go you with the body fat! Hope the dentist wasn't too bad for you.

Schmoodle, sounds like you've got a busy day. Hope you don't get too much snow - haven't you seen enough this winter! You don't want to be too greedy! ;)

Numina, I had to work, unfortunately. I'm not in Auckland, but because we're a national office with nearly half our customers in Auckland, anything that happens there has an effect on us. Hope you're feeling better soon!

MJ, you can do this! How was your workout?

Lottie, go you with the water! Well done!

Randi, my bread recipe is so simple that it's embarrasing. I'll make another post below this one with the recipe for you - and anyone that's interested. Yay for a pound down!

Julie, 2009 will get better. Just take things at your own pace - don't try and push yourself too soon.

Redflame, another one with a new puppy. Photos, please! :D

Have fun everyone!

nicolen 01-27-2009 01:34 AM

Bread recipe.

OK, I've done my best to transcribe this into American measurements, but bear in mind that there may well be a bit too little or too much flour.

1 1/4 cups warm water
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon dried yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
extra flour for kneading.
oil spray.

Combine water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and leave for approx 10 - 15 mins till the yeast has foamed up.
Add salt and both flours and bring together to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured board/bench and knead till the dough is soft and springy - approx 10 - 15 mins. Place dough in clean bowl that has been sprayed with oil spray and turn dough over to coat with the oil. Leave to rise in a warm place till it's doubled in size - approx an hour.
Punch dough down and shape into loaf or rolls. Spray loaf tin with oil spray, place dough in tin and leave to rise in a warm place till it's doubled in size - approx an hour.
Preheat oven to 200 deg C (I think around 400 deg F, but you may want to double check that).
Place loaf ti on oven shelf approx halfway up the oven and cook for 25 - 30 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack.

I tend to use 2 cups of wholemeal flour to 1 cup of white flour now, so play with the preportions till you get something you like.
This makes a good size loaf - usually does me for about 5 - 6 days of lunches - which keeps really well, and takes little hands on time - maybe about 20 minutes all up. The rest of the time is just waiting on the dough.

Numina 01-27-2009 07:53 AM

Just a quick check-in. The flu is sending me back to bed as soon as the kid gets off to school. No exercise yesterday (unless snoring counts LOL) but I ate very little. Today should be very similar. Thanks for all the tips and warm wishes.

Everybody have a great OP day!

GirlyGirlSebas 01-27-2009 07:54 AM

Good morning, Friends,

Well, I knew I'd hit a rough patch sooner or later. I just wish I could say that I handled it with grace. Old habits took over yesterday and I went off-plan. I need to sit down and do some journaling so I can learn from this and move on. I'm back on-plan today, but the honeymoon period is definitely over. Now, it's time for the hard work of changing my thinking. This is tough!

Have a great on-plan day.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-27-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redflame (Post 2577389)
We also got a puppie, a boston terrier, I will get some pictures soon!

A ticking wind-up clock wrapped in a blanket. I put this in the pups crate and they sleep like little angels. :) It also helps to have the crate right by the bed. They are often comforted by your presence.

mj5 01-27-2009 09:10 AM

Good morning! It's another sunny, but COLD day here. We are supposed to get snow again tonight. Some of my family is going to Florida soon and I have to say I am a little jealous that they are going to get a break from this cold weather!!!!

Randi--Hope people stayed home last night and off the roads.

Julie--How are you doing? Exactly, 2009 will get better eventually!

Redflame--I'm sorry that you know what knee pain is like! A new puppy, how exciting!!! Can't wait to see pics! What's his/her name?

cfmama--I am so sorry. Take care of yourself. Congrats on your puppy!!!! What is her name? You are doing awesome! Keep it up!

lottie--Yes, you are awesome!!! Great job!

nicolen--Hope your headache is better. I hate waking up like that. Ok, so you had a hungry day, today is a new day! My workout was great! Taking the book out of my workout bag was a really good move! Your bread recipe looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

Numina--Hope you feel better soon!!!

Rhonda--Ok, so you had a rough day. New day, fresh start. Good for you for jumping right back on plan and starting to journal. I know you can do this!

I maintained this week, which is ok. I know I haven't been "putting my all" into my works and everything, so as long as it isn't a gain, I'm happy. I had a great workout last night. I ended up doing legs/back for weights and cardio. Tonight I have a late meeting, so I will only have time for cardio, but I AM going to the gym right after my meeting. I have my lunch and snacks packed for today.

I am counting today as OP day #2...since I didn't meet my water goal over the weekend and didn't do all the exercise I planned on Saturday, I am holding myself accountable. I know that if I want to see the scale move (and my clothes get looser), I need to keep up w/ the exercise, period. Eating well is only part of it.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Beverlyjoy 01-27-2009 09:20 AM

Hi chicks...yesterday was a good day. :) I am so grateful.

I am dealing with some back and foot pain :( ...but, I have not eaten over it. I am very grateful for that.:)

Today, I"ll stay home and rest my pieces and parts.

- lots of water
- meditation
- mindful eating
- putting my fork down between bites and really tasting my food
- stretches and strengthening
- ice/heat on my parts
PMA

breakfast - strawberries, pnb toast, egg white scramble with ketchup
lunch - brown rice with veggies, eggs and a little soy (faux fried rice)
snack - cheese toast
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, steamed carrots
snack - cinn. toast

Rhonda - I love your new picture - so pretty.:D Sorry about the off plan day. I think your idea of journaling is so good. :) Life happens....food happens...try and hop back on your plan and carry on. I know you CAN do this.

Numina - feel better soon. :hug: Drink lots of fluids.

Nicolen - thanks for that recipe. Hope your headache is gone. :hug:It's good to keep lots of tempting foods out of the house. Good for you.:D

Mj - maintaining is good too. You are doing fantastically. :D:D Carry on.

Lottie - great job on the weight loss and drinking all your water. :carrot::carrot: and the weight loss.

Justwanna -congrats on the weight loss :carrot::carrot: - remember one pound equals 4 sticks of butter!

CFmama - I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: I am sending hugs to you and your family. Good job staying op with all the stress going on. That's a huge accomplishment. :D

Redflame - glad to hear you stayed op over the weekend. :D Enjoy the new puppy - what's it's name?

Julie - I hope your feeling better. :hug:Yes...2009 will be a good year!!

schmoodle- WOW down 70 pounds :D:D:carrot::carrot::D:D - that is SO fantastic! You go girl. Slow and stead wins the race.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Shout out to anyone that stops by.

Redflame 01-27-2009 11:12 AM

B- coffee
L turkey and romaine wrap
D chicken soup--that I will make when I get home unless I can talk my son into starting it for me

I only had 1100 calories yesterday (should have been 1700) I even made some oatmeal in the evening with PB and banana to get my cals up, and could not finish it. Not really interested in eating it seems like. Guess I will just go with it for a couple days and see how it pans out

Hugs, well wishes, and blessings to all........not alot of time to post this morning

Eiluj 01-27-2009 01:32 PM

Hi, everyone. Thanks for the kind words.

Today started with me in a lawyer's office, getting things moving on Steve's estate. He didn't have much in the way of assets and now I'm getting hammered with medical bills and funeral expenses and discovering he had way more credit card debt than I thought, so the money situation is going to be bad.

In the car, I said out loud, "Steve, if you were alive, I'd kick you in the pants!" It was at least a little bit of humor for my day.

I'm able to eat today. Now I'm going to have to try not to go to the other extreme and eat everything in sight.

Grief is a wretched thing.

Cfmama, how are you holding up, sweetie?

Rhonda, it's all about standing up after falling down, right? That's what I'm telling myself anyway. I'm thinking a ticking windup clock might help me, too! :)

Julie

Redflame 01-27-2009 01:51 PM

Julie, so I will offer some unsolicited advice......I'm sure NO one else is doing that!;)
Healthy eating is important during any stressful time, along with rest. But dont let a diet become an additional stress. Take it easy on yourself.
For the ticking clock; that was funny---but very real at the same time! My friend put her husbands tshirt on a pillow like a pillowcase, she slept with it, screamed at it, hugged it and hit it---but most importantly she released the fear, anger, frustration and grief little by little as she was ready. As soon a she started doing that she said she no longer felt like an overblown balloon ready to burst any moment.:hug:

Eiluj 01-27-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redflame (Post 2579077)
But dont let a diet become an additional stress. Take it easy on yourself.

You're so right. My big concern is just feeling as good as I can, and I know that eating well will help with that. But it's so easy to comfort eat, you know? It's miserable long-term, though.

I don't mind the advice. I need to hear these things over and over! :hug:

Redflame 01-27-2009 07:13 PM

Puppys name is Gabriel, for two reasons. His ears are so big they resemble wings (some day he might grow into them) and he acts like an angel---when he sleeps

Has anyone seen this fantastic looking tea, its on the side ad I see right now, I fancy food it is the blooming tea in a clear glass tea pot, WOW that looks cool! I want one, the one I want is $65 for the pot, and a warmer under it, and variety of 6 teas..............uber cool! here is the link

A little funny----I ALMOST lost my pants today. I was wearing sling back heels and my pant leg went between heel and shoe, and as I stepped forward it yanked at my pants on my hip---which were super loose, and they went down a good 4-5 inches! I had a long top on and all was recovered without anyone noticing, god thing because I had a lobby full and was walking up to the front desk

mj5 01-27-2009 07:30 PM

Julie--Just find whatever is going to feel right for you. We are all here for
you!!!!

Redflame--Love the name! Our Ellie-Mae took a while to grow into her ears too! She still 'floats' her ears in her water dish from time to time, though...I couldn't get the link to work, but I think I know what you are talking about. They do look really pretty! That is too funny....maybe time for some new pants?

I did my planned workout tonight, even though I was running later than I thought I would be. AND I resisted the "naughty" aisle at the grocery store--you know the one, w/ all of the yummy cupcakes, cookies, cannolis, etc that try to jump into the cart on the way by! I was SO hungry (NOT a good idea to go to the store after the gym AND hungry!), but I bought a bottle of water instead.

Have a great OP night!

nicolen 01-28-2009 12:02 AM

Hi Guys!

I feel much better today - yay, no headache. Unless you count the fairly serious complaint I have to deal with tomorrow. It sounds nasty, but sometimes I really think my job would be better if I didn't have to deal with customers. Then again, without customers I wouldn't have a job...

No gym today so I actually had a cruisy time this morning. Didn't have to rush to get out of the house and it was great. I'm amazed at what I can get done in 30 minutes, but it's good to have the time to enjoy the morning...

Numina, sending lots of get well vibes your way. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Rhonda, it's one day. You can pick yourself up and start again tomorrow - I know you can!

Beverley, I hope your back and foot's feeling better. Did you enjoy your quiet day at home?

Redflame, try not to eat so little too often - as you know, you won't be getting the nutrients you know and it can mess up your metabolism. Not a good thing at all...

Julie, lots and lots of :hug: for you, sweetheart. Did Steve have life insurance? Is that going to cover the bills when it comes through?

MJ, WTG on avoiding the nasty aisle at the supermarket. Mine's the cheese cabinet. And the chip aisle...

Todays menu was:

B - English muffin, vegemite

S - grapes

L - chicken salad roll

S - cheese wedge and carrot sticks

D - tofu marinated in teriyaki marinade and mushrooms.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

GirlyGirlSebas 01-28-2009 07:33 AM

Good morning, Friends,

This looks like my last crazy week at work. The high-stress season is coming to a close. I have two more reports to get out this week. After this, I hope to have plenty of extra time for the treadmill. I need to exercise. The scales are stuck already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eiluj (Post 2579015)
Grief is a wretched thing.

Yes, it is. But, don't let this be an excuse to comfort yourself with the food. After my Mom passed in '04, I turned to food and sugar for comfort. Within 20 months I had gained an additional 75 pounds on my already overweight body. I developed insulin resistance and adrenal fatigue. Looking back, I wonder if my grief process would have been easier if I had taken care of myself instead of pumping all of that junk into my body. Take care of yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redflame (Post 2579777)
A little funny----I ALMOST lost my pants today.

:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj5 (Post 2579823)
AND I resisted the "naughty" aisle at the grocery store!

Yay! You rock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolen (Post 2580322)
I feel much better today - yay, no headache.

Great news!

Well, I better get going on those reports. Have a great on-plan day.

Beverlyjoy 01-28-2009 08:30 AM

Hi Chicks...I ate a little extra yesterday. In know it was in response to pain. I've worked through that before, I need to dig deep and get thru it again.

For today:

lots of water
meditation
stretches - done
put fork down between bites
aware eating - eat at kitchen table
PMA

breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, applesauce
lunch - LC pasta, tossed salad
snack - baked apple
dinner - not sure
snack - peanut butter and honey toast

Rhonda - so glad you'll have time for the treadmill. I LOVE your new picture!

Nicolen - glad your headache is gone. Have a GREAT day.

MJ - buying water when hungry and avoiding the 'naughty isle' is awesome.

Redflame - Gabriel is wonderful name for your puppy. Glad you didn't lose your pants.

Julie - its hard to not comfort ourselves with food. But, I think in the long run it just doesn't feel good. Dealing with estate issues is a huge thing. Hang in there.

Shout out to everyone else! Have a great day.

Numina 01-28-2009 09:32 AM

Rhonda: Journaling is a great idea! Most people I know that have successfully lost a lot of weight and kept it off used journals. I am glad to hear things are going to ease off some at work. Pat yourself on the back for getting through this rough patch.

MJ5: I hope you are keeping warm and the power is on where you are. Congratulations on walking right past all those horrible, tempting things in the store. If they don’t get into your cart, they don’t latch onto your thighs. Good job, soldier!

BeverylyJoy: I hope you are feeling a lot better today than yesterday. I think you are doing wonderfully in dealing with the pain while staying on program. Tough ladies like you keep the rest of us on program, too --- hang in there!

RedFlame: HA! You almost “lost” your pants, huh? Well, I saw you giving that hunky new guy the once over and then --- presto chango! --- you flashed him! Better be careful or you will have him following you around drooling, girl. (Seriously, great news! You are really kicking butt!)

Eiluj: There is nothing easy about any of this about this, is there? I am so sorry for what you are going through. You are so right --- you WILL need to eat well to have the physical and mental energy to take care of everything. And the routine of being OP might give you a stable framework to work from. (((HUGS)))

Nicolen: Glad you are feeling better! Hope the nasty customer situation turns out not to be so nasty after all. If not, just think of all the calories you are burning by grinding your teeth as you restrain yourself from throttling someone!

Thanks, everyone, for all the good thoughts you sent. It helped, because I am definitely better today. I am going into the rec center to walk, although it might be a little slower than normal.

B: oatmeal with yogurt and almonds
S: grapefruit
L: leftover stir fry veggies
S: apple
D: apple cider stew

Have a strong, OP day, everyone! :woops:

lottie63 01-28-2009 11:30 AM

puppies! yay! hehe. :D I love the name gabriel.

Well last night I made fiber one apple cinnamon muffins (with egg whites instead of whole eggs) and I didn't have any cals left when I made them and I actually didn't eat any! I waited until this morning and had one with two strips of bacon for breakfast. They are so soft and yummay and 5 grams of fiber :D

also I've had my daily water req. met the last 2-3 days. woohoo I am back on track! :D

Redflame 01-28-2009 11:46 AM

know what? I feel GOOD today..........and that is not something normal for me. My back is not hurting or my knee......something felt 'off' until I finally realized that I was not presently in pain.....a strange feeling for me. How sad is that?

I know that weight loss will help my knee greatly, but I really think that the back pain is simply my back tired of holding this way to big of frame in an upright position, the muscles are saying "enough already!"

Today:
B coffee
Lunch #1 10am turkey wrap 265 cals
Lunch #2 2pm homemade sweet tater greens soup 200 cals
Dinner 6pm Soup, salad and sammich 600 cals

Still not enough----=--hmmmm wonder when I will figure out that I need to really eat breakfast like I promised myself I would:o

OH, and one last thing, before I have to call in my 9am client----on my way up the porch last night when I came home my pant leg caught on my heels (NSV that I was able to wear heels!) and my pants were down to the bottom of my bottom by the time I hit the door! My kids about died laughing

mj5 01-28-2009 02:07 PM

Hi everyone!!!! I have had meeting after meeting after meeting....today. It's annual report time, so there is LOTS to do! (Isn't there always?) We have another meeting at 3:30, then I can finally go home. I am not going to the gym--the roads are really icky and I don't want to chance it. I will do a watp dvd when I get home.

nicolen--Hope you were able to work through the complaint ok. Mmm cheese....yea that's tough too!

Rhonda--So glad things are going to get better at work. Extra time for the treadmill is a good thing!

Beverlyjoy--How's your foot? You can get through this!!

Numina--So glad you are feeling better! I am trying to stay warm. The power is on, luckily!!!

lottie--Now that is will power! Great job!!!!

Redflame--YEA!!! I am so glad that you feel good! That is awersome! Too funny about your 'entrance' last night!

I am feeling that "good" kind of sore from my recent workouts, with the exception of my knee....it is getting bad again. Good thing I see the ortho on Friday!!!

Today will mark op day #3!!!!

Eiluj 01-28-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolen (Post 2580322)
Julie, lots and lots of :hug: for you, sweetheart. Did Steve have life insurance? Is that going to cover the bills when it comes through?

Ni, his health wasn't good so we could never afford life insurance for him.

It's okay, though. I'm frustrated, but it's not insurmountable. :hug:

Eating today was a slapdash affair. The weather is awful and the electricity at my brother's house went out. He has five! little kids, so we were shuttling everyone from his house to my mom's, and then of course once we got done the power came back on even though the electric company said it would be days! Argh!

Anyway, I at least got some veggies in me today.

Redflame, I love that you felt good today. Yes, losing weight might take some strain off some of your muscles and joints. I know it does for me.

Hugs to everyone. Even when I don't respond directly, I'm reading and learning from you all.

Julie

nicolen 01-29-2009 12:24 AM

Hi everyone!

Yay Friday tomorrow. This week is really dragging.

A good day today. Good workout and I got the customer complaint sorted - he had a very valid point because we had dropped the ball a bit, but he was quite nasty to deal with. You know, I like dealing with customers and I'm good at it, but I really don't want to help people like that.

Tomorrow I've got another session with my trainer and a quiet night. I'm not going anywhere, so I think I'll have to have a hot date with my DVD player. Sounds like a good plan.

Rhonda, yay for the craziness ending at work. Ours is just starting for the year. Fun.

Beverley, it's never fun being in pain. Hope things are on the improve for you!

Numina, fantastic that you're feeling better. Hope you enjoyed your walk!

Lottie, yay for being on track!

Redflame, yes, you do need to eat breakfast! I've been hesitating about saying anything, but you really do need to have something along with the coffee to give your body a start for the day.

MJ, hope things start to slow down for you soon.

Julie, I'm pleased it's not insurmountable. Can you negotiate some payment plans with the creditors? I know that when I worked in credit control for a power company we were happy to negotiate payment plans with clients as long as they spoke to us before we disconnected the power...

The menu today was:

B - English muffin, vegemite

S - protein bar (thought I'd try this and won't be buying them again. It was nasty!).

S - grapes

L - chicken salad roll

S - blueberries

D - omelette and salad

Enjoy your day, everyone!

mj5 01-29-2009 10:25 AM

Good Morning! The snow has finally stopped! Our area of the state was mentioned on the Today Show this morning (Thanks, Al!) b/c of all the snow we received...I am very happy the person who plows for us showed up before I had to leave for work. I was running late and did not have time to shovel, although it would have been good exercise!

Julie--Sending you lots of ++++++ thoughts! Well, at least the power is back on, right?

nicolen--I know what you mean. I don't have a problem admitting when we have made a mistake, but when someone is nasty, it makes me NOT want to work very hard to make it right. Yea for another good day!

Hi to everyone else!

So far so good w/ food choices and water today. I am very happy to be seeing my ortho tomorrow, how sad...happy to be going to the doctor?! I may do some bargain shopping on my way home. I'm supposed to walk around a bit after I get the injection...who says I can't walk around the mall????

Have a gret OP day everyone!!!!

Redflame 01-29-2009 11:53 AM

Ya know, I think my moods are very much like a 14 year old girl. Today I am fairly low, more pain than normal in my knee and back.......I wonder what comes first, the pain or the mood? Seriously, does my pain establish my mood? Or does my mood make me more aware of the pain? endorphines and all that jazz ya know?

Anyway, I will fake it till I make it today. Tonight starts a three day seminar I am going to called Ancient Paths. It is through my church and focuses on lies in our past (like "I cant get close to people because they leave me---usually said by someone who had divorced parents!)

B--chai tea (I promise by Monday I will have breakfast, seriously, I am promising everyone to keep me accountable, I wont let other people down)
L turkey wrap 11am
D turkey wrap 4pm
Snacks, nuts and fruit 7pm
WAY too low in calories, maybe I can run home today and grab some cottage cheese or something

Numina 01-29-2009 12:06 PM

Julie: Veggies are good! Even in the chaos, you are managing to make some good choices. I hope things settle down weather-wise for you --- it’s not like you need more aggravation. And I am glad you are finding time to post – here is a place where you can release some emotional tension without upsetting anyone else in your family.

NicoleN: Hey! Looks like you are building up your personal strengthes in a lot of areas. Dealing with obnoxious people (even when they are right) can be very challenging, so kudos to you for your professionalism. Glad you had a strong gym session too --- have fun with the trainer tomorrow.

MJ5: You know, with all the snow in your area, it would be a BAD idea to walk around outside after your shot, so walking around at the mall is practically what the doctor ordered. And if you happen to spend some money on a bargain, then you are stimulating the economy! It’s an obvious win-win situation! ;)

RedFlame: Pain or mood --- chicken or egg. Interesting! Obviously, our minds can do amazing things to help us handle pain and illness, which is why placebos work at all. Whichever caused whatever, I am sorry to hear you are hurting (although I love you attitude about it!)

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, but at a much reduced speed (since I coughed like I wanted to rid myself of lung if I went "fast"). I drank a liter of water, the first time in 5 days I managed that feat. Food has been low, actually, since everything tastes off, and except for this dang cough, I think I am pretty much better.

B: cottage cheese, tomatoes, chicken broth
S: grapefruit
L: salad w/tuna and 1 slice whole wheat toast/butter
S: NF yogurt
D: talapia, brown rice, steamed veggies, sugar free jello

Almost through another week, folks! Let's crank up that music, pull on our best you-better-not-mess-with-me-today clothes and obliterate some of those nasty fat pounds! Rock on! (:D)

Beverlyjoy 01-30-2009 06:36 AM

Hi Chicks........yesterday was an awful food day. Darn - I was having a good run at food sanity. But, everyday (whether op or offplan) is new beginning. So, I'll try again.

I am not sure about my plan - I'll be back with my plan and personals.

Have a GREAT day.