Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 12:34 PM   #1  

Angry New here

It's only food!!! I need it to live, not to be happy!

This is my new motto... I'm beginning a quest to lose weight (yet again) I'm doing it for a different reason this time, so maybe I'll have more motivation.

Since I started working in December, I've been a little miserable. I was ok, until they changed my uniform from slacks to a skirt which in itself isn't bad but they made me wear Pantyhose!!! (Gag) The first night I worked in my new uniform (Valentine's Day) I got friction sores on the insides of my thighs.... By the end of the night, I could hardly walk and was in tears. It hurt so bad... when I got home... my Panty hose were stuck to my thighs and the sores were bleeding. It took a few days for them to heal but it was OK... I switched from wearing Panty hose to knee highs (my skirt is halfway between my knee and ankles) and wearing shorts under my skirt. It was a good fix for the thigh friction... and cured the problem.

I started having a new problem.... the bottom of my belly rubs the top of my thigh (well, right in my bikini area) when I walk. I don't weigh any more now than I did before, but all of the suddenly it's become a chronic problem... I had red moist weeping sores on the bottom of my belly and my bikini area.... it hurt SO bad and I'm disgusted with myself. I asked the pharmacist what I could use and he recommended Gold Bond powder (for the sore) and a diet. Now, don't worry... he wasn't rude about it and he didn't hurt my feelings or anything... but he pointed out until I lose the weight... this will be a chronic problem forever. The powder worked and the sores are almost gone... but the thought of them coming back is still there.

Anyway.... I'm here to find support from those who have been ther. I get lots of support from friends and family... but they don't know what I'm going through. It's very hard to change everything about your lifestyle all at once. I started last Monday and it's been ok... I'm trying that Metabolife stuff... it's given me a lot of energy that I didn't have before but not really curbing my appetite. I weighed in last Monday at 230 pounds, the recommended weight for my height is 130, so that's what I'm going for.... 100 pounds :::::sigh::::: It really feels like A LOT! But I can do anything... right?

I'm only allowing myself to get on the scale once a week... This Monday I was 218... I realize that most of that 12 pounds is water weight.. .but it really did seem like a lot. I've never lost that much when I started a diet (usually 5-7 pounds in the first week) Who knows.. .maybe I was bloated when I weighed for the first time. What is your opinion on how much is TOO much to lose in a week? My goal is 2 pounds a week. If I keep losing more... should I increase my calories? Stop taking the Metabolite?

I look forward to getting to know you all....

Thanks for listening!

P.S. I'm new to this kind of message board... is there a "manual" anywhere to explain it? and I noticed some of you have your picture by your messages... how do I do that??? THanks
Old 04-03-2002, 01:13 PM   #2  
5'1"/160 lbs - Goal: 108

Unhappy

Hello there and Welcome Cary!!! I am new to the post too, and I can tell you I already feel like I've been here forever!! believe me!!! I am sorry to hear about your booboos.. Hope you're feeling better now.... I think that your 2 lb a week goal is great.. one step at a time... That shouldn't be too hard on yourself.. So, do you have a plan?? Any special workout?? What's your worse problem food?
All I can tell you is YOU CAN DO IT Just hang in there!! Well , I gotta go do something myself... just sitting here and tipying isn't much of a workout... I'll catch up with you later!! keep up the good work!!!
Quote:
To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can. - Sydney Smith

Old 04-03-2002, 04:46 PM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Welcome Cary!!

I really, really feel for you girl. When I started to lose weight I had to lose more than you did but I didnt have those kind of sores or anything. Thats terrible. The only kind I have had was wearing too tight jeans that have cut into my waist and left blisters. What a sign when your 26 jeans are too tight, huh?

Twelve pounds in a week is incredible to me. The most I have ever lost in a first week of dieting is 5 pounds. This is my first week of Weight Watchers and I lost 4.8!! I had lost 34 or so last year and just maintained it. When I tried to lose more I would lose a few, gain a few over and over. Well I had enough! I joined WW to get the rest off and so far so good...

Two pounds a week is perfect for a goal. Some weeks you may work really hard and "only" lose one. Just dont lose your focus. In one year of losing two pounds each week you will be at your goal. The year is going to come and go anyway atleast let it come and go and lose the weight too! I would recommend eating more if you arent getting atleast 1500 calories a day. Some may say not to take Metabolife but I think you are smart and know if its giving you the jitters or racing heart etc... Maybe just use it for a month or two and then try to eat right without it and see how it goes. We all know you shouldnt take it forever.

Best of luck to you and check back as much as possible-that really helps me a lot!

lorelei
315/276/160 final goal
39 down!
Old 04-03-2002, 04:53 PM   #4  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Hi Cary, welcome :-) You poor poor girl... I sometimes get the thigh irritation, but no way have I ever gotten it THAT bad... I'm going for 140 pounds or so, and While I haven't been losing steadily, at least I haven't been gaining Well, anyway... I'm glad you found us! And to put the picture in the post, you go into your profile steeings, and click avatar, and there will be a place to put your own picture in :-)
Old 04-03-2002, 08:38 PM   #5  
Highly Caffeinated

Hello everybody,

I have about 100lbs. to lose as well. I went to this web site calles labrada.com and their program is called the lean body challenge. My brother lost 30 pounds on this program so I'm all for it. I've been off and on this site for a long time, but since I'm starting this new thing I wanted to come back here for all the support and to support others as well.

WE CAN DO IT
Old 04-03-2002, 08:45 PM   #6  

Welcome Cary. Boy when you were talking about the sores I could really identify with that. Keep coming back and posting. It's great here. The 2 lbs. a week is an excellent plan. If you loose it slow your skin has time to tone and it won't be all saggy, baggy. Keep up the great work.

Carol
Old 04-04-2002, 09:59 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Carey welcome to this wonderful group

I have a personal question. I am concerned about the rash it sounds like it was a yeast infection. (godl bond will work wonders also will Aamens powder and it smells better) that is very often a problem in the skin folds, but here is the big question do you have diabeties??? yeast will be very common in people with diabeties. and with being heavy, and not the hottest weather (which will make it worlse) It hits a tirgger for me. (Nurse) Please check it out????
Old 04-05-2002, 08:50 AM   #8  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hi Cary and welcome!!

Don't worry too much about how fast/slow weight comes off. I asked my doctor about it because I've had 2 or 3 10+ loss weeks. He says it depends on the person, what you are doing, and how recently you put on the weight. As long as you are eating properly, and enough food/calories, you are fine. If you weigh 200-250 lbs you should be eating 1400-1500 calories a day.

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2002, 09:14 AM   #9  

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 12:58 PM   #10  

Default relief for that rash....

For anyone who has suffered that
awful smelly rash in the skin folds...
the best relief is ZINC OXIDE cream.
Yes...it's like a yeast infections on the
outside of your skin...under neck, in
armpits, inside elbow joint, under
tummy skin. it's awful. But not only
for overweight people. My girlfriend,
who wears a size 4 gets it too. After
trying literally hundreds of powders
and creams, zinc oxide starts working
within hours of application. Takes
away that burning feeling and painful
raw skin.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:25 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I'm a little late, but WELCOME, WELCOME!!!
Closed Thread