Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

NESunshine
Old 02-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #32  

Geez I don't know why sometimes all I write doesn't print here I go again.

NESunshine – The 15 minutes I’m on is at the easy sitting. Plus I rest. LOL can I still count that as 15 minutes since I don’t get off the machine?? Are you calorie counting?

As for me. Hitting it hard core is the Walk Slim 4 mile fast walk by Leslie Samsone when I finished the DVD my face was beet red and I was so sweaty… aww a wonderful workout! Wish I could bottle this feeling for other days.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #33  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Did WATP 3mile walk today.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning
Yes I'm a calorie counter. out of everything I've tried counting is the only thing that has ever worked.
Keep going, as you use the machine more you will build up to longer times. I started very small doing 10-15 minutes and then trying to add on a little more each week or so.

As for last night...well my train was delayed so by the time I got out of the city to the bank and the grocery store it was after 10 when I got home. At that point the gym was closed and I just didn't have it in me to hop on the elliptical at home. I never would have been able to get to sleep. It's a half day for me here (woohoo...too bad I have to go to the dentist) and it's snowing...again....so I'm going to hit the dentist then the gym snow storm or no snow storm. The man and me have made the executive decision to cook at home tonight. We've been eating out a lot the past couple of weekends and we've both been busting it too hard at the gym all week to go blow it at a restaurant. I picked up some chicken breasts and asparagus etc. so we'll make it nice and healthy at home.

TGIF!!! I hope the snow isn't too awful, either way i'm going to spend a couple of hours at the gym while the man makes the hour + drive. As a cranky New Englander who is sick of the winter I'm at the point where when it snows I just deny it, pretend it isn't there, not shovel it and wait for the spring to come and melt it!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #35  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

3 Days in a row of activity! GO ME!!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #36  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Took my measurements. In the 30 days since I started doing The Firm,
I have lost 5 pounds and

2 inches from my chest
2.5 off my waist
2 inches off my hips
1.5 inches off my upper arm
1 inch off my thigh
1 inch off my calf.
Total of 10 inches. I am quite pleased with that!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #37  

Fiberlover - Do you listen to your own music while doing WATPs. I find I have to after watching it and getting what they are doing down. Nice workout.

NESunshine - Sounds like you have a nice healthy weekend comming your way. (I hope the dentist is just a basic checkup) I also need to pick up some chicken breast. My husband actully likes my chicken tacos. He's such a picky eater. I'm with you on this snowing business... UGH I can't wait for it to be gone!

Jen415 - ROFL!!!! Love the video!!! Hehehe Way to go on the activity!!!

As for me I had my ultrasound this morning and I'll not get results until 4pm central time. If I'm lucky. So fingers crossed I'll not have to wait til monday.
Well I think I'm going to watch a move. (Becoming Jane) then workout and finally clean my house.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:39 AM   #38  

fiberlover - That is awesome!!! I'm would be doing cart wheels!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO YEEE HAAAWW !!!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #39  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Default Plan for week of 2/25-3/2

Tae Bo Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday...
This will be my highest number of workouts in one week since I first started... I did two the first couple weeks and have worked up to three the last couple of weeks... Time is always an issue, but if I get my butt out of bed in the morning it's not as big of one...
Old 02-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #40  

Kim!!! I've tried those Billy Banks dvds and lets just say I'm not the least bit ready for them. WTG!!!

Today I did 2 Mile Fast Walk (Well actually it's 4) After I wached Becoming Jane which I enjoyed very much. Then I got my workout in. Then cleaned the house. The doctors office still hadn't call so I called them abou the results They said they call back 1 hr later yup Gallstones I speak with the surgon Monday.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #41  
Recovering Pizza Addict

S/C/G: 273/235/150

Height: 5'4"

I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in!

I had a rough week this week health wise, but I STILL managed to get up and move 40 minutes every day, even if it was just gentle yoga. Today I got back on my regular schedule: 40 minutes yoga in the morning, then 30 minutes of Turbo Jam this afternoon. It's definitely getting easier, and I'm starting to get my flexibility back as far as yoga goes. I've been out of practice since I became ill over a year ago.

Way to sweat, everybody!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Morning all.
Well I weighed in this morning. I'm down 2.5lbs this week! I'll take it...even though I'm at this point just taking off what I've gained over the winter so I'm not really moving ahead.
Dinner last night was great. Roasted chicken breast, asparagus and some left over mashed potatoes (left overs made with skim milk and no butter) and I only had a taste. We had big breakfast this morning but we used egg whites and turkey sausage and lots of tomatoes and broccoli so it's ok. We'll eat light the rest of the day. I didn't get to the gym yesterday cause of the weather and dentist... today we are going to the museum of science so I'm just going to run around there playing with everything.

Going to try to do some on the home elliptical tonight then tomorrow it's back to the gym
Old 02-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #43  

Hafowler – We are open to all. It doesn’t matter how much how long or what you do for your workout you moved and that is AWESOME!! I’ve been trying to ease myself into yoga I have a hurt shoulder from a fall last year so some of the poses I’m not able to do. I really enjoy it. Turbo Jams sound fun but hard. I’ve got a ways to go for anything like that! WTG on your workouts and once again welcome!!

NESunshine – WTG on the 2.5 lbs loss. Don’t sell yourself short you are moving ahead. Your working out and your watching your meals. That is moving ahead! I’m very inspired. We all stumble. Your dinner/breakfast sounds great! Something my family will eat. I’ve not tried turkey sausage. I’ve tried the bacon and I didn’t care for it. (maybe it was the brand) The museum sounds like fun!! I’m sure you’ll get lots of walking going there.

Today I’m sore. Those Fast walks have made me feel the burn. Which makes me feel great. I feel I have actually accomplished something this week. TOM can really get me down. I finally got the call from the doctor. I have gallstones. I will be talking with the surgeon on Monday.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #44  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Wink

So I managed to pull my butt out of bed this morning and get the longest Tae Bo workout I have had so far! I was pretty psyched, and pretty tired too, but I feel like I have more energy now. Weigh in is tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'll see at least a one to two pound loss. It also marks 4 weeks since I started, so I'm gonna do some measuring as well. I bought new jeans the week before I started, and I'm having a hard time keeping them on even with my belts, since those are all now one hole too big...
I had to cook some chicken before it went bad this morning, so I put some terriyaki sauce on it, baked it, cut it up into small pieces, put it in a bowl with a tiny bit more terriyaki sauce, covered and shook, then placed in the fridge. I had a little bit of it on my salad for lunch and didn't need any dressing! It was SOOOO good! And I have enough for my salad tonight, and for at least three more after that! (I usually eat salad with both lunch and dinner)

Congrats NESunshine!
Mezmerize~ sorry about the gallstones, hope all goes well on Monday, I'm impressed that your keeping up with all your workouts even though you don't feel 100% Great Job!
Old 02-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I'm on the last couple days of a detox - not supposed to exercise. But I am doing it anyways! I did 20 minutes Turbo Jam - loooove the workouts! So I hope to keep joining in on this thread!

-Aimee
Closed Thread