Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #76  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 12.31.12: 286.6/260.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Dad's doin better, thank you everyone for the good vibes and mojo! I'm slacking a little bit due to a monthly annoyance... I plan on trying to squeeze ina workout later today, as long as I can keep myself somewhat motivated...
Old 02-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

I think my entire body is becoming a noodle!
I worked out at home last night...I just couldn't drag myself back out in the cold pouring freezing rain. I did intervals with my elliptical and weights, 15 minutes on going like a maniac then 10 minutes of arms, repeat with legs and squats, repeat with abs, then some mild stretching.

Tonight is back to the gym, full hour to 1.5 hours of cardio. Want to get back to giving the treadmill a whirl every once and a while.

I have a lunch out today so I'm off to look at the menu so I can make an informed decision and plan for it in the rest of my day.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #78  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I shoveled heavy snow for 45 minutes today. Does that count as exercise? We got about a foot. I hate getting sweaty when I am in the cold weather. Gives me one of those damp chills all day after that.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Kim Ė Iím glad to hear your dad is doing better. I really have to push myself to workout. Today was a mega push. I kept making excuse such no time, I have too much to do, itís amazing what I can come up with. I told myself I have 15 mins so put in the fast walk dvd and do a mile now! So I did now I feel really good.

NESunshine Ė What a great workout and kudos for planning your meal ahead of time!

fiberlover Ė Check out this site! It shows how many calories you burned! http://www.***************.net/links...calculator.htm Then pat yourself on the back if itís not too sore! WTG!!

As for me the grandkids are here and we're muching on some bell peppers of all colors. My grandson said he didn't like bell peppers. I said ok more for me while I was fixing them. I cut them with cut little cookie cutters. I put the plate down and he's been wolfing them down. LOL he's been going through this state where he says he doesn't like stuff.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #80  

Do I dare spell check what I wrote. Hehe
Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #81  
Make it to the moon...

Cool

Any suggestions as to how to stay motivated during that time of the month? I'm on prescription pain killers for it, because I used to get so sick, but I still feel pretty icky for 2-3 days every month... I had wanted to workout today, but I couldn't drag myself out of bed, off the couch, or out of the chair... I didn't eat poorly... should I just make that my main goal for the first couple months (eating well, ignoring the monthly cravings for junk) and workout when I can? I'm also going to use AF as my nickname for the monthly annoyance...
Old 02-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

sweated my pants off this morning ( and yesterday morning before work), walking to Leslie S. 3 mile express. I like getting up to that morning walk, ( even if it is in my own living room, I can't slip and fall on the ice that way). Of course I am getting up much earlier to get the exercise in and my horses are still sleeping when I am out doing chores ( I am sure they will get used to these hours, then, Daylight Savings Time!!!). BTW, you asked earlier, I have 10 horses, ( 8 Arabians, 1 Peruvian Paso, and 1 Pony of the Americas). They are an extension of my family.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #83  

Kim Ė Only you know what will work for you. If you feel at this point your main focus should be eating healthy then do that and then gradually work towards fitness. I to have prescription meds for TOM and I can really relate. I also donít like to work out. Iím trying less and less to say that to myself because I think it only feeds into it. I just restarted my weight loss journey (Jan 28) and I didnít have fitness as a routine. I do know the only way Iím going to lose weight and keep is off is to add fitness. So I started this tread. (less than 3 weeks) Itís very motivating to see others working out and it does give me that push to workout. So even if you are not ready to workout. Please read and post what you did to move. It doesnít have to be a certain number of days or a formal workout. Chasing the cat/dog/kids around the house counts! You moved you deserved credit. I have to recheck an old post here there is a lady who started out very high in weight and her goal was to get out of bed. The next was to walk next to the bed and so on and then she made it outside sheíd walk the length of the drive way. She loss a lot of weight and is a senior member. Her story is very inspiring.

LuckyDucky Ė WTG! That is a great workout I really enjoy Leslie. S dvds. Donít forget to tighten those sweat pant string you donít want to put on a show! So true about the ice. 10 horses Iím so jealous!! Do you have a trail you ride them on?

As for me today I intend to workout. (lol there I go giving myself a way out) I was going to take that out ďintendĒ but decided that itís best so I can see how I try to get out of it. I have my test today to see if everything is ok for my operation Monday.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #84  

Morning all.
Last night I did an hour on the elliptical at the gym. I tell you going to the gym was the LAST thing I wanted to do last night. I'm soooo tired every day while my body is adjusting to the workouts in the evening... but if I stop now then I'm just giving in and it will take that much longer to re-adjust. I'm blowing off a meeting tonight to go to the gym...that and I really don't want to stick around the city in the cold and dark to go to an alumni meeting...I'll be more likely to participate in those things when the weather is nicer!

Ugh almost weekend time! I can't wait. It's my friends birthday this weekend and she wanted to go see Blue Man Group so I used my pull to get us some premium seats and have, like any good friend, arranged to have her mortally embarrassed at the theatre, I can't wait!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

After a few days of a cold/flu - I am back to exercising! I did 20 minute workout - Turbo Jam. Its so much fun!

-Aimee
Old 02-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #86  
The Radiant One

nesunshine - I saw blue man group in Chicago. Good show - really loud though LOL!

Aimee - good for you to get back on the exercise wagon!

I did my workout this morning. DH and I are giving blood this afternoon, so instead of using that as an excuse not to work out today (they say to take it easy the rest of the day) -- I moved my workout time. Did Hi Def Sculpt.

Last edited by fiberlover; 02-28-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #87  

hi thought i'd add my 2cents

Today did 20 mins on an elliptical, 10 minutes on rowing machine, 10 minutes on the cardio wave and then 40 mins training on abs, thighs, glutes, & lower back.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 PM   #88  
Make it to the moon...

Question Tae Bo vs. Hip Hop Abs..?

So I did my Tae Bo today... I really like the kicks and punches, but have to admit I'm getting a little bored with it. I was thinking about trying a new DVD I got, Hip Hop Abs tomorrow. Anybody ever tried it? I just need something different with a little bit better music... Billy you're motivating, but your music kind of stinks. Anybody ever done work out videos and just listened to your own music while doing them? I was also thinking about doing that as well... I'm just full of questions tonight
Old 02-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #89  
The Radiant One

Kim, I can't do workout videos with my own music. Probably because I was a music major, and the feet have to be with the beat. LOL!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #90  

Well, Yesterday ended up being an unscheduled rest day. I got home from work, it was cold and dark, I lost all motivation, sat down for a minute, and fell asleep. I think it's ok, a rest day is good, obviously my body was tired and got some much needed sleep.
I'll be back at the gym after work today, hopefully before the weather comes in...yes thats right...more snow...boooo.
Anyway then tomorrow will be off cause of the weather and plans and my goal there is to not get caught up in being out and to watch what i eat and drink. Not sure what Sunday will bring yet
Closed Thread