Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Woo. Can I join in here

Alright last night I did 60 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of weight training on my arms.

This morning I did 30 minutes of yoga and this evening I have planned 60 minutes on the elliptical, 20 on the stairmill (which is about all my poor soul can do on that thing!) and I'm also doing abs.
It's a super motivational day...I've aimed pretty high...but Tuesday is really the only day I watch a lot of TV (biggest loser etc) so I try to work out during the whole thing.
wish me luck!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #17  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

NEsunshine - jeez louise! That's a lot of exercise!

Today I did Cardio Overdrive (The Firm). 45 minutes long - and I wouldn't want it to be 1 second longer. Whew.....
I'll be taking measurements again at the end of the week. That will be 1 month on the Firm workouts.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:56 PM   #18  

Ya, I'm weekday heavy...
Weekday mornings my wakeup yoga (it's very light, only 1/2 hour) then the gym every night, 1 hour of cardio and then alternate 2 days arms, 2 days legs, one day abs. I've felt the need to up my exercise and really put myself in boot camp for a while now... at least until I bust through the 200s. I've had a SUPER lazy winter. It's roughly about 2 hours a day I'm exercising. If I have a day where my body is not feeling it I'll change it up and do a lighter workout.

The weekends I take it easier....it's the only time I see my man since we live a bit of a distance from each other and I don't want to spend that time at the gym while he sits and watches tv. We do a lot of walking and lighter activity on the weekends...come the nicer weather that will spread to hiking etc.
The idea too is once i kill a bit of my credit card balance upgrade my gym membership. My gym just opened a location next to my office so if i upgrade i can use both of them and have unlimited guest privileges at no extra cost so the man and I can both work out together when we want and I can spread it out a bit more.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #19  

I've been walking about 40 minutes every day for the last three months and I feel so much better, it's amazing. The uphill stuff is still hard for me but I don't have to stop any more. I have loaded my Ipod up with all energizing music and that is helping a lot. Plus I have been using my hand weights every other day religiously.

Back in the day I used to go to the gym every single day. When I got away from that I really packed on the weight. I'm hoping this is a way to make the weight loss easier. I don't want to be one of those old ladies that has to struggle to get out of a chair.

Last edited by PaulaM; 02-19-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Jen415 - I hope you had a great walk.

NESunshine & PaulaM

NESunshine - Everyone is welcome. Holy Smokes girl your workouts are awesome! I can only dream of me hitting a super motivational day like that! sounds like you have some nice plans. Your name looks familiar have we chatted before?

fiberlover - Hey if you feel comfortable would you mind sharing your measurement progress? You don't have to go into detail. (if you want that is also fine) Just if lost a inch here and there. That Cardio Overdrive sounds like something else. I don't think I'll be ready for that for awhile.

PaulaM - WTG on the walking! I have to play my own music when I workout. I have song that will keep me going after I feel I can't. I'm hoping to use my had weights in another month or so...I hurt my shoulder over 9 months ago and it's still not 100%

As for me well I screamed, pushed then shoved myself off the couch. Put in my WATP DVD and did 2 miles. After all was said and done I felt great! My cramps weren't as bad. Plus I felt good about myself which is rare when TOM is here. Reading each of your post really got me moving! Once again thanks guys! You all work so hard I'm very proud of each of you!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #21  
The Radiant One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmerize View Post

fiberlover - Hey if you feel comfortable would you mind sharing your measurement progress? You don't have to go into detail. (if you want that is also fine) Just if lost a inch here and there. That Cardio Overdrive sounds like something else. I don't think I'll be ready for that for awhile.
No problem. I will post at the end of the week once I take them.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #22  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Mezzy: my walk was great! It was a beutiful sunny Florida day! And I am prepared to do it again today!

I'm on a roll, people!!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #23  

Happy Wednesday all.
Mez: it's possible, I've been here for quite some time now.

SO....last night I warmed up with 10 minutes on the stairmill then did about 70 minutes on the elliptical (I watch biggest loser obsessively and there are no tvs on the stairmills...then i got sucked in and just stayed on until a commercial so i could drive home hahaha)
I did some abs at home.

After all of that I successfully slept through my alarm this morning for 2 hours so I didn't do my morning yoga...My body is definitely feeling the workouts as I try to get back into it. Hey..I'll take anything that gets me to sleep...exercise is a great fix for chronic insomnia

Tonight it will be 1 hour of cardio at the gym, half probably on the cybex machine and the other half treadmill followed by 30 minutes of weights on legs.

Then, thankfully, bed!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #24  
The Radiant One

Hi all. Did 30 minutes of walking today, the the Express version of Hard Core Fusion (35 minutes). Decided on the shorter workout since I walked already.
Great job at moving everyone!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #25  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Hello everyone! I consider myself new to this forum still (about 2 months) and saw the title on this thread and had to chime in. since starting I have lost 21 lbs that are tracked because I finally got a scale on the 22nd of Jan that would support me and I weighed in at 512 lbs at that point but that was 22 days into my change. I have lost an average of 1lb per day since getting the scale so i would assume thats been the case the entire time (I will never know what my actual start weight was) BUT and heres the good part (and why the title caught my eye) I am down 2 pants sizes and 1 shirt size in 50 days of a low calorie more movement lifestyle change. I am Ecstatic about that!

I like that idea shelby897 of adding the steps at the end of the day. I drink a massive amount of fluid since starting this (Green tea, water and CL) so I am in the bathroom a lot more than usual lol so what I have been doing just to get that little bit more movement in is I use the upstairs bathroom instead of the one downstairs 10 feet away and if I am upstairs I use the one down stairs. that adds up to a lot of walking up and down! and I don't get winded going up stairs any more either. anyways I just thought I would share because of the title. great job from all and I enjoy reading your stories.

As Ever
Me
Old 02-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #26  

Fiberlover - Would you suggest Hard Core Fusion for someone with bad knees? Do you think it would be possible for me to like tweak so I’m able to do it?
Jen415 – I miss the sun the weather here has been terrible.
NESunshine – I own an elliptical but I’m not even able to stay on 15 minute! WTG
Botzz – Love the Avatar and Welcome! Congrats on the 21lbs loss and Sweating Until Your Clothes Slide Off!!! Wow 1lbs a day!! I bet it’s great to see that scale jump down. WTG on the drop in sizes! When I 1st started drinking lots of water I noticed I spent lots of time in the bathroom also. Now I don’t notice it so much I’m not sure if my body is use to it or I’m going less. You know sometimes people get overwhelmed thinking of all they must do to lose weight. (I’m also guilty of this) But as you have noticed with you taking the stairs little things add up. I’m not what else you do as far as moving but if someone wants a start that is a great plan. Some people can come into this and workout to no end. Some need to baby step it along. (me) But you know it all matters and you just keep going. In the end we’ll all be a lot more healthy. I guess what I’m trying to get at is for all those that don’t think they can do it you really can just start slow and NEVER GIVE UP!! Thanks for your post Botzz . I read your blog I’ve never had pickled eggs I do love beets. I may have to give that recipe a try.

Ok I wasn’t the best yesterday. My husband’s work was canceled because of the cold weather. So he stayed home so I didn’t wake at 5 a.m. which put me behind, before I knew it the grandkids were here. It also happen to be my long day baby sitting. Geez I just couldn’t get anything done TOM had me down. Hearing my husband snack next to me was making me nuts. I over ate by 7 points. Just an all around busy, cr*py day! UGH!! Today is a new day and I’m going to fix the mess I made yesterday. So my plan is to workout hardcore! Eat light today and forgive myself!
Everyone is doing wonderful this such a wonderful group!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #27  
The Radiant One

Mez - not so sure about the Firm if you have bad knees. There are a lot of squats. Mine aren't great (chondromalacia), but with the weight loss I have had - things are much, much better on the knees. You could get great results with pilates, though. That isn't really cardio, but you will lose inches and firm up the tummy and hips/thighs.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #28  

Fiberlover - Thanks for the speedy responds. I was just going to look on ebay for them. I think it's best I wait until I get more weight off. I'm sure that really adds to my bad knees. I have a pilates dvd I'll have to give that a try.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #29  

Wow I'm tired. These workouts are making one tired girl out of me! I figure it's totally worth in and in a couple of weeks when my body re-adjusts to the amount of exercise I'm doing I won't be as exhausted all the time. It will get better.
I hit the gym last night but I was late (my trains home have been delayed pretty much every day for about 8 weeks) so I just did an hour on the elliptical...by the time I got home it was almost 10. I hit the hay as soon as I could and this morning again it was like pulling teeth to get up. I'm not quitting though...just a couple of weeks and it will all settle out.

Mezz...15 minutes is great! Some machines I find easier than others...I could stay on the elliptical forever...but the stairmill 15-20 minutes I'm ready to fall off and have someone call 911....some others I'm lucky if I can make it 10. I also own an elliptical and I've noticed a difference between my compact one I own and the one at the gym...I can stay on at the gym much longer than the one at home cause it is a better quality machine and runs a lot smoother. I bottom out on the one at home at about 30 minutes.

Jen... I'm jealous of your weather...It's still too cold here in New England to go outside walking etc. and they are saying more snow this weekend. I'm itching for spring!

Fiberlover... what is this hardcore fusion thing you all are talking about? do share.

Botzz....welcome to the crew!!!!!

Alright, my exercise has been on but I've been over on calories every day this week (I'm a counter). It is hard trying to get back into everything for real. Today's goal is to stay within my calorie range, no extra snacking, no junk, no chocolate etc. Today's workout will be at home on my elliptical and some lifting since I have to go to the grocery store after work.

Wow, I'm so glad it's the end of the week!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #30  
The Radiant One

NEsunshine - I am doing the Firm Transfirmation workouts (http://www.firmdirect.com). Got them a month ago (as seen on tv!!! LOL ). They are synergy workouts which combine cardio and strength training. I like that, since just cardio isn't doing it for me anymore.

Last edited by fiberlover; 02-21-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Closed Thread