Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 11:18 AM   #1  

Thumbs down #144 Beaches Open in 13 Weeks!

Hi everyone. Hope you all are doing well and smiling. I am doing okay. I've been trying to get everything under control again and to find that strong determination I lost months ago once again. And I have found it. It took me a awhile. And I was beating myself up over the fact that I let myself gain. But no more. I was ignorant in the past to not think that sometimes life throws you more than you can juggle at once. I not only put my weightloss on the back burner, but I put me, my needs there too.

I can hardly believe that only 13 weeks are standing between me and the beaches opening. I want to feel better and look better by that time. I am not setting a weight goal for then. But I am going to challenge myself. I am rejoining the gym this weekend. I am recomitting to making me happy. Jennifer happy. I am the most important thing right now. If I am unhappy with msyelf, I can never make anyone else happy or allow them to make me happy.

Oh yeah! And I am going to California on March 13th!!! I am aiming for a 10 lb loss by then. I know I can do it!

Jennifer
250/188/2??/165

I restate the old saying, live life as though the sun won’t come up tomorrow and just in case it does be prepared for it.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:49 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Jenniffer I did the same thing last year remember??? I know how you feel. jst get back on the horse and shake all the dust off and start to ride!! You may be a bit shakey at forst but once you ride for a while it comes back, all the determination and happyness, and enthusiasm.

HHMMM 13 weeks?? UGH! I do not think i am ready for that one!
Old 01-31-2002, 12:06 PM   #3  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Did you say beaches???

Mind if I join the thread?

Beaches.. you're making me DROOL. Oh my Word. I am so longing to be in a warm place right now with dh. I think that's my motivation right now to lose weight. I want to be thin and confident enough to wear cute summer clothes. I want to be comfortable in the extreme heat. Overweight people such as myself tend to be so much sweatier than the rest of the human race. It's something that I have wanted all my life, and this summer I will finally experience true freedom!! I will be free from the fat that hinders me from so many things. I am just dying to go to disneyland.. maybe if I reach my goal dh will say ok.. I know that he wants to go too, but he's a bit more realistic than I am. He actually thinks about things like work, funds, time, etc., whereas I just want to go and have fun! Well, I'll grow up sooner or later I guess...

Jennifer, I have a goal for March 13 as well (It's my birthday) and I'm trying to be at 170 by then. That's about 20 pounds, but I think I'm carrying some water weight. We'll see, I may have to modify my goal!

Think beaches.. hot hot sun... clear, blue sky... cool, refreshing water... hot sand...

I will do it!
~Gracenote

Last edited by Gracenote; 01-31-2002 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:50 PM   #4  

Default AAAACCCCCKKKKKKKK

In the words of Cathy, that cute lil
pudgy cartoon character...AAACCCKKKKK
only 13 weeks til Beachtime!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 08:19 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

Join me in the BLITZ!!! I think I can do anything for 14 days!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:13 AM   #6  

Thought you all would get a kick out of the title of the thread...lol. I couldn't believe it when I counted the weeks till the summer. Amazing. And it will be here before we know it.

This summer I want to wear SLEEVELESS sundresses.

That is my big goal for the summer.

Hope you all have a nice weekend..
Old 02-01-2002, 10:38 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

have to bring dh back to the doc today he has some fluid filling where he had his surgery I am not to worried but it is a lot and may hinder his healing and the faster he heels then the faster he will be back to work and out of my hair!!

but yes i want to wear some sleeveles dresses and not worry about flapping!!
Old 02-05-2002, 02:53 PM   #8  

Hi everyone. It's Tuesday, and it's freezing here in New York. It hasn't been the typical January here, but today sure does remind us that it's still winter.

I am doing pretty good, staying strong and determined. I am really expecting a loss on Friday. Been eating well, drinking my water and getting in a bit of exercise, not as much as I would like though. I even went out and bought myself a new outfit, just to make me feel good. When I feel good, I wanna do the right thing.

Nasus..How is your husband feeling?

Gracenote..That would be an excellent birthday present to yourself. I agree, being overweight is the summer is the worst! I wanna wear little t-shirts, sun dresses, bathin suits, cute shorts...and feel good.

Hope everyone is doing well...anything exciting coming up this spring/summer? (weddings, vacations?)

Jennifer
250/188/220/165

Cali Trip 3/13 199 lbs
Old 02-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

Jennifer you make summer like I want to be there Little any thing sounds good!! I am aure you will see a loss this week. hit hard on the exercise son that will really helpin the size changing dept.

thanks for asking DH is doing better, there is still fluid in his hip but getting better. he is not in as much pain so that is good.

Gracenote I had a friend that had a birthday on march 13 it happened to be a fiday the 13 when i knew her and boy was it a bad day!! we never had such fun!!! (very hectic at work)

I have no plans this summer. I do have a 25 year reunion for my high school but that is out of the question as it is on the ther side of the country. I know i can onot do that.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:18 PM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. Just thought I would pop in with some potentially earth shattering news. I might be pg, not sure. Should have had my TOM this week, have had practically nothing yet. I've been a little stressed but there is no other reason that I know of not to have my TOM. Took a test on Friday, it was negative but it might be too soon. I'm going to wait til Monday and do one first thing in the morning. Either way I'll be calling the dr. I'm definately hoping that I am not as it is way too soon, Drake is only 5 months old!! Still I'm not sure why I have not had a normal TOM and it might be a little scary to find out why. I've never had this problem before. If not I'll probably have to have an exam to see if there is anything else going on (oh yea ). I've still been feeling crampy but I had that when I was pg with Drake. I'm really freaked about this, it will be a huge upset to all the plans we've made. I hope all is well with everyone. Let you know what happens on Monday. Take care.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:58 AM   #11  
Jen

I did the test this morning and it came back negative so I don't know what the heck is going on. I'm still having some cramping and lower back pain. I have some ideas about what it could be besides being pregnant. Well I'm trying not to be too negative. Anyway I'm going to phone the dr and get a blood test to confirm and get an appointment so she can check me out. I'm overdue for my PAP anyway (oh joy).

So how was everyone else's weekend?
Old 02-14-2002, 07:14 AM   #12  
Jen

hallooooooo in here...where is everyone?

Went to the dr, did another pg test which was negative but she sent me for the blood test anyway just to be sure. I'm not having any more symptoms, maybe it was all in my head. Still it is so unusual for me not to have a regular period, I'm sure everyone can understand why I would be freaked out to be pg again this soon after Drake. I go next week for a PAP so if there is anything going on there I guess we'll find out all about it then.

Did I tell you that I am doing SlimFast? Normally I am not into fad type diets but my eating has been way out of control. I think it is because I've been at home so much, I snack a lot. With the SlimFast I can more easily convince myself that I've had my meals and my scheduled snacks so I don't need anything else to eat. I suppose that sounds dense but it is working so far.

Take care all, Happy Valentine's Day!!
Old 02-14-2002, 09:12 AM   #13  

Wow Jen..where is everyone? lol

Hope your keeping calm while you try and determine where TOM went. I could imagine your fears being that Drake is only 5 months old. You would have your hands full! lol

How is the Slim Fast going?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!! Where is everyone?!?!?!?
Old 02-14-2002, 11:27 AM   #14  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Wow, Jen, I hope everything turns out for you, I'd be panicking too... actually I did... :-D I have 4 kids, oldest is 8, youngest will be 2 in a couple months... my middle 2 are only 15 months apart... The Doctors are prettttty sure that's what caused my gallbladder problem, along with the change from a 6' 2" dancer, and martial artist to a 5' 11" 320+ half cripple... I used to do occasional slim fast before we went veg, now, when I feel myself slipping, I whip up fresh juices in my juicer to replace meals.... or I grab a luna bar, if I'm thinking about it. We have really been working on servings and stuff lately... and now that I have a puter with a printer, I can take advantage of all the fitness sites too :-) OK, off of here for now...maybe check out a couple more threads... but I gotta clean and hop on the treadmill before the Sears delivery guys come with my washer and dryer at 10:30 :-)
Old 02-15-2002, 10:25 AM   #15  
Jen

Hi all. Actually the SlimFast is going very well. I feel much more in control of my eating, not doing a lot of in between snacking like I was before.

My dr just called and the blood test was negative so I am definately not pregnant. Well that is a lot off my mind. I just hope nothing else is going on, I'm feeling fine now. Oh I forgot to tell you that I broke my baby toe and I'm so clutzy I keep stubbing it on things. I thought I was going to pass out yesterday when I banged in on the vacuum cleaner. My whole foot was throbbing for hours. I guess I'll just have to be a little more careful until it heals up.

Jenniffer - how is everything going?

PNG - it is so nice to have you back, how goes the treadmill?
Closed Thread