Old 11-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default for the billionth time..

Yes.. here I am posting.

This site gets so busy - I can't keep up. You all do such a wonderful job knowing what is going on in each other's lives. I feel bad that I can't keep up- so I leave. I continue the diet for a few more weeks.. then drop that too.
I need to find a happy medium here. Here, at 3FC, and on the scale too. I need to be realistic and happy. Could that be possible? Could I be happy and healthy at 200lbs? Baby steps.. baby steps
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #2  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hello and welcome again then. You have to remember the weight didn't just appear overnight, you can't expect to lose it that quickly either. If you want to get thinner and healthier, start today and yes slow and steady wins the race! It is not easy, but if your really serious about losing the weight once and for all, you will do it! It is all about choices, and I hope you make the right choice to continue to do this, you can do it and when you really do do it, you will be very happy I am certain..
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi.......... I was thinking about you the other day. We even had a MIA type thread and I mentioned you. How ARE you??!?!?!?

We're all so very busy and lately I've been much busier then ever, I took on another job and I feel terrible that I can't spend as much time as I would like here . But I do the best that I can. I am waaay down in my responses to posts, both in the amount that I am able to answer and the length. That's unfortunate. I can't even read as much as I'd like to. Oh well, so goes it.

I think this is such a great group of people here that everyone fully understands. So, please, please, PLEASE don't be concerned about keeping up entirely with every one and every thing going on here. The bottom line is that we want this to WORK for you. To BENEFIT you. Read as much as you like, respond as much as you like. But I do think checking in here is a great reminder that we need to be aware of our health and therefore our weight. It helps to keep me focused and aware and keeps the most important thing in the world to me - my health - at the very forefront of my mind. Something that is essential if I'm going to remain at a healthy weight. So, I try to at least check in, no matter how briefly first thing in the morning. I really hope that you will do the same. ESPECIALLY if you find a direct correlation between stopping in here and staying on track. It's a great way to start the day and well worth the time.

If baby steps is what you think will do the "trick" for you, well then baby steps it's got to be. How about starting off the day with a totally healthy breakfast for a week straight? Then next week work on lunch and then dinner and then snacks. Add in 15 minutes of exercise a few times a week and then build on that. Get rid of the junk food, the fast food. Baby steps... THEY most certainly add up.

Good luck to you and I'm really glad to see you. Stick around, will ya?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:25 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi and welcome back!!!!
I think anything is possible if you want it bad enough.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

HI and welcome back! don't worry about keeping up with everyone on here, i doubt anyone could do that! just read what interests you or motivates you for that day! a day when you're feeling strong and healthy, read a post by someone that's struggling - sometimes offering an encouraging word can help you too! and when it's your turn to struggle, tell us so and we'll all jump on you and smother you with hugs hehehehehe Or let us know you need a kick in the bum and we'll do that too!

I really liked the end of Robin's post - about baby steps, that's exactly what I did and for once in my life I feel like something's working -- i threw the word "diet" away once and for all, and just embraced eating like a grown up instead of a spoiled brat child - changed one meal at a time, threw away one junk food at a time, and added in a few (VERY few) minutes of exercise until I could do more and more and more! yay!

I have high hopes for you! remember, you don't have to give up everything you love, just baby steps for now and you'll see the improvements!!!

yay! and welcome back again
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi and welcome back!! I hope you'll stay for good this time -- I know exactly what you mean about having a hard time keeping up with everyone here. I feel bad sometimes when I post and can't respond to everyone in a thread. But we're all in the same boat-we all have busy lives and it's tough to spend as much time posting and reading as we'd like. Like someone else said, just pop in when you can, offer an encouraging word here and there, celebrate your victories with us, let us know when you need support or encouragement, and read all the great information and inspiration that's around these boards! 3FC was so instrumental in the success I've had - I hope you'll find it to be true for you as well.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Hi ^^
There are so many postings & threads that it'd be a full time job in itself to completely keep up with everything & everyone. Contribute when & where you can & want to!

And yes, I echo your "baby steps". You CAN do this!!! I look forward to seeing more of your posts
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Char, welcome back We are here for you. I know it is easy to get overwhelmed. Sometimes I get overwhelmed so I kind of lurk and post here and there but I'm always here. Don't feel bad if you can't post all the time but just come visit us, pop in and see what is going on
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Welcome back! Heck, I hope no one cares who can or can't keep up around here!! If they do, I'm in trouble!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #10  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

hi and welcome back.

don't feel bad for not keeping up with everyone all the time on here. personally i'm lucky if i get a chance to check in to the board every couple of days since i usually only get on it at work. all you need to know is that we are all here to support you

good luck with your new goals! you can do it!

Sally
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:25 AM   #11  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb I can't add much more than......

I too work at home and I have found that this works to my advantage in both losing weight and getting here as often as can. No one is counting how many times you visit. Remember like most things in life, quality over quantity?

I agree, do what YOU can and then commit to that. I have noticed that there are some people here who do better than me and some who don't. I am somewhere in the middle but I am plugging along and I get a lot of good energy from visiting this website so when I am feeling like I need a positive charge, I plug myself in here and get recharged.

How about doing some exercise when the kids are doing their homework? Or outside playing ---safely, of course?

I don't think about my end goal. I concentrate on having the best day today that I can. Tomorrow will take care of itself. I think in terms of having a good breakfast then a good lunch and finally a good supper. Then, I think about getting a good night's rest and having some quality time with DH. I try to laugh some and if needed cry some but it is all about balance, health and loving yourself back to all that is good that is waiting for you

YOU CAN DO IT---READ ROCKIN ROBINS TESTIMONY. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST SHE LOST ALL OF THAT! AMAZING!!

Last edited by pamatga; 11-07-2007 at 11:28 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Oh good! You're back! You have been missed.
I understand the overwhelmed thing. I don't always read all the threads. If I have time, I'll read a bunch. Otherwise, there are a few that I try to reply to, but sometimes I just read. Or... I skip some and I don't worry about it. There's a lot of info here and on other forums!

I'm just glad to see your smiling face again! Hang in there!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #13  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Dana, welcome back!

Fantastic to see you around again - we've missed you!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #14  
No description available.

Dana,
3FC should be about support, not adding one more obligation to a full life. Post when you can, read when you need to, and know you are supported without any strings attached.

Baby steps are a very fine way to get where you want to go.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #15  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back!

I know I can't keep up with everything here, but man..when I am able to get on here and poke around her and there, the things I read are so uplifting and inspiring. Stick around, you'll get comfy in no time.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote