Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #46  

Height: 5'5"

You know, MJ, I'm wondering about how much those guys talk about you in the gym when you're not there. Maybe they're forming an admiration club or something. "Man, did you see how good she looked yesterday?" Those kind of things. And after some reflection (I thought about you when I was at the gym today!), I wondered if that first guy was hoping for a bit of a different response when he said your husband was a lucky man. "Yep, but that doesn't mean you can't be a little lucky, too." or something along those lines.

All teasing aside, though - I'm guessing that you must feel really good about what you're doing there and be radiating some positive energy. Not that you're not looking smoking nowadays too, but I am betting that they're picking up on some of your excitement about the great choices you're making for your life.

Keep those stories coming! I'm loving living vicariously through you!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:21 PM   #47  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Hehe.

The only thing guys ever say to me at the gym is "Are you done with that elliptical yet?"
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #48  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

I'm up to my neck with my project today, so this will be short and sweet. I'm still 100% on-plan and the scales are still 100% stuck at a 1 pound gain for this week. Argghhh! Today's plan.....stay 100% on-plan and drink even more water. I might be retaining a bit.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. If I get caught up, I'll come back for a visit later on.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #49  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Rhonda ..I hope your knee is ok.
Mj ... congrats on the male chat....
Everyone is doing great here,,
I am finally 100% back on plan , as hard as it seems. Snacking is still a issue for me, went to the store and couldn't find anything I like..

I am going to exercise asap, and then drink water. I ate breakfast early again today..
bkfst was oatmeal, banana and 5 oz of grapefruit juice
lunch... left over refried beans, tortillas( corn) ff sour cream and lettuce.
dinner.. Three sisters stew....
snack Tlc bars, yogurt with frozen fruit.
I can do this today!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #50  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Cheryl, what is Three Sisters stew?
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:13 AM   #51  
Masterpiece in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
Cheryl, what is Three Sisters stew?
It is a Vegetarian stew, I am going to post it on what's for dinner tonight thread..
cheryl
Old 10-25-2007, 09:28 AM   #52  

Height: 5'5"

Cheryl - Great to hear that you're back on plan. I had no doubt you would be. As for the snacking issue, I am sure that you will find nutritious foods that you enjoy soon.

Rhonda - Hope the knee and the project are both doing well and that the scale becomes unstuck.

Quick for me this morning. Ironically, I'm joining the Rhonda and MJ "knees hurt" club. Fortunately, it's only my right knee and it's just really stiff all of the time rather than in serious pain. I can still exercise, though I am choosing not to run or stairstep until it feels better. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical yesterday (and about 2 minutes of stairstepping before I decided my knee couldn't handle it) and walked for five miles. My food was good, though my intake was a little low because I just got really busy in the evening. I am starving this morning, though, (and I LOVE waking up really hungry and just craving nutritious foods) and will make sure that I get my calories back up again. Today's my son's birthday, and I may make the decision to have a single piece of cake, and I still have the fat-free ice cream, so I may have another serving of that before abandoning it to the kids.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

DH sidetracked my dinner plans last night. DS came home from school very depressed and DH decided it was a perfect night for the chinese buffet. I think DH wanted to go more than the kids. Fortunately I have developed a survival plan for when we have to go there. I had chicken egg drop soup, teriyaki chicken skewers, and garlic green beans. Too much salt and fat, and surely some sugars, but definitely not over for calories anyway. Now I've just got to flush out the salt by weigh-in on Saturday! So tonight's menu is last night's - tilapia with ratatouille and salad. Breakfast was leftover oatmeal, lunch will probably be leftover chili and salad. Greek yogurt and a cheese stick for snack.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #54  
Kristina

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Morning everyone - busy day today but wanted to check in because I didn't yesterday. I'm somewhat discouraged as I've been on plan for 3 weeks straight and I was up 3 lbs today - ending TOM so I'm hoping that's it.

Anyway - everyone have a great day - I'll have better participation next week!

Kristina
Prissiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #55  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

I'm swamped today, too, so I'll be brief. Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. Yesterday did not turn out very good on plan, but I'm trying again today!

Need to drink more water!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #56  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning lovely ladies!

I am soo sore today. The personal trainer was fantastic - she liked my plan of gym 4 times a week and swimming twice a week, so that's good. Weight is up since the last time I weighed in at the gym - no real surprise there, and my blood pressure was on the high side - 150/107. Now, I get my BP checked every 3 months at the doctor's and it's usually around the 120 - 130/95 kind of area, so this was a bit of a shock. I'll mention it to the doctor next time I go, but at this stage I'm putting it down to having a stressful day yesterday and then working myself up about the appointment.

We've had quite a tragedy here. I mentioned the gales we had on Wednesday - a 12 year old girl was standing at a crossing. She leaned forward to push the button to change the crossing and the wind blew her into the path of a bus. She died yesterday in hospital. I just feel so sorry for everyone involved - apparently the bus driver is beside himself, but there was just nothing he could do...

I have to get myself organised early today, so hi to everyone and have a great day!

Take care all
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #57  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! It is a PERFECT fall day here...bright and sunny, but cool. My favorite kind of day!

Laurie--You totally cracked me up!!! You could be right about the ++ energy though--I am back to looking at my time at the gym as 'my time' and I am really excited about getting in shape and dropping this weight! Oh no, that's a club that you don't want to join! I hope it gets better soon!

Sara--You made me laugh too...I am not able to stay on the elliptical long enough to make anyone wonder if I am done...for some reason it totally kicks my butt!

Rhonda--Good luck w/ the project. I hope you get good news at the drs tomorrow!

Cheryl--YEA for being back on plan!!!!

Schmoodle--Good for you for having a 'survival plan'!

Kristina--TOM has a big impact on the scale for me too...I hope it goes away soon!

Diane--That's right, today is a new day.

Nicole--How are you? Glad you didn't get caught in the rainstorm. Today I started a series of 4 injections for my knee, so I saw my ortho today. Unforunately I learned that it can take 6-8 weeks after the last injections for any real relief...

CC--How are you doing?

I got my first injection in my knee today. So glad there are only 3 left. It wasn't horrible pain, but it wasn't pleasant! As I said to Nicole, I found out that it may take 6-8 weeks before I notice any major improvement. Of course, there is also a chance that it won't get any better....

Ok, funny story....this am after my drs appt, I stopped to get coffee. I have to say for a coffee shop that was crazy busy, the customer service was fantastic. I thought the guy who handed me my cup of coffee was smiling just a little too much (even for being a super friendly place) until I got to my car and looked down....I am wearing a V neck sweater today and well, let's just say it was pulled WAY down! YIKES! It might be time to retire this sweater!!

K, I suppose I better get some things done around here. I may pop in later. My plan is to go to the gym and at least walk a bit on the treadmill--even if it isn't a great workout, just to stay in the routine of going right after work.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:16 AM   #58  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Just stopped in to see how everyone is doing.

I had another good day today and I am reading the book "Intuative Eating". Kind of interesting actually....I am only into it a little ways but I like the idea of getting over the idea of deprivation and allowing yourself to mentally choose not to eat something becasue you just don't want it. Does that make sense? I sat there tonight when my friends and I went out to dinner and stared down the sourdough thinking...."I love you but not to night dear."

LOL....funny little head game but I never touched that or the popcor at happy hour.

Rhonda....I hope you get good news about the knee.

Last edited by DollyR; 10-26-2007 at 06:17 AM.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #59  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning!

Another quick note, but I promise to catch up with everybody over the weekend. I'm feeling the stress this morning. I have my doctor's appointment today and I have my project to finish by the close of business. I must confess, I'm a bit nervous about the doctor. I really hope he can determine the problem with my knee and not just make an educated guess. I really want to get back on the treadmill and make those inches and pounds start dropping again. The scales were friendly to me today.....they dropped the pound I had gained for no reason. Now, if I can just get a loss for Monday's weigh-in!

I'm still 100% on-plan. Turning to food for comfort hasn't even been an option this time. Maybe I'm getting the hang of this at last!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check back later.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #60  
Masterpiece in progress

Good Morning all,
It is another wet day here, WET ,DARK and DAMP, we need the water, but it is so depressing. I have to get myself to exercise no matter how I FEEL!!! Yesterday I did 45 min on the elliptical and 14 of general exercises, but didn't do any weight lifting, today I am going to do it this morning. I stayed close to plan as possible yesterday, am not seeing any weight gain, so I am ok. My three sisters stew was great, but the kids hated it.
This is the plan today after exercising.
Bkfst.... oatmeal, banana, grapefruit juice.
lunch ... leftover three sister stew.
dinner .... salmon with lettuce tomatoes
snacks.. kashi tlc bar, yogurt with fruit, ??? something else maybe
I will do this today!!!
cheryl