Old 08-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #31  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi there!

I had an on plan day yesterday except the exercise. Wow, I hate having to type that yet again... I've got to get off my rear and do that. It's amazing to me how quickly I make it into something so insurmountable in my mind. And yet when I'm doing it regularly, it's the easiest thing in the world. GAH!

I went out to dinner with friends last night. The restaurant was upscale- Mexican. So muc looked so wonderful, but I stuck with the tostada with grilled salmon, black beans, no dressing, and I didn't eat the chippy part. still tasty and had a great time.

Today, I have great stuff to eat, I just have to get myself back on the exercise train.

Have a great day!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

ok
well i just thought I'd stop in. My flight confirmation came through so I'm off to Houston at 6am tomorrow. I'll be off the grid until I get back end of next week...wish me luck...I think it's a lot hotter in Texas than this cold weather New England girl can handle... I hope I don't melt.
Have a great week everyone and I look forward to getting everything back on track when I get back. Finally the dust seems to be settling!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Had a great, on-plan day!

Breakfast was a Fiber One Honey clusters, strawberries, and skim milk. Lunch was an Amy's Indian frozen entree. Dinner was a low-cal whole wheat baked ziti and salad. I had a fudge pop for dessert. Snacks today were a banana, a pear, and a Southbeach diet cereal bar.

I ran 2.25 miles at 4:30 this morning. It's so much easier in the heat if I also don't have the sun beating down on me. Even at that hour it was 87 degrees and MUGGY. I live in ****.

Tonight, the kitchen is closed. One thing about the scale going down is my daily calorie allotment is dropping, too! I allow myself a maximum 1392/day. I'm at 1362 right now so I have to stop. I usually don't allow myself to eat anything past 7:00, though, so I'm feeling like I'm in the clear. I'm going to take a nice bubble bath and settle in to read for the entire evening! DH is away and this is how I treat myself!

Have a great Friday night!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #34  
Never want to go back!

Hello everyone!

I had a great day yesterday foodwise and finally got back to walking. It feels so good that I don't know why I avoid it. That's a question for the ages...

I had a little NSV on my walk too. I'm sorry to tell those of you sweltering in the heat that it has been lovely here (knock on wood!). At night the marine layer rolls in from the ocean and cools things off into the 60's. So I threw on a hooded light sweatshirt jacket that zips up the front. It's one I bought before I started losing weight, but I didn't wear it because I didn't like the way it was on the short side and didn't conceal my fat tummy. Anyway I zip it up and glanced in the mirror. Holy cow! I'm swimming in it. Even the sleeves are too long now with just my fingertips sticking out. Couple that sweatshirt with my sweatpants that have gotten so baggy that pulling the strings all the way still leaves them riding low on my hips and almost falling off and I've never been so happy to look like a sloppy mess.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #35  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I have felt icky all day today. Nothing serious, just blah. I have had a bad head ache on top of it (although the head ache could be the reason I feel so icky). Food has been great, not enough water and little exercise. That's ok....tomorrow is another day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #36  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I feel SO much better today, thank goodness! So far so good....it is gorgeous here and I am planning on taking the dogs for a walk--they need the exercise as much as I do! They are pretty high energy, so it will chill them out today too....

I am almost done w/ the laundry--yea! Dinner is all set and I already have a list started for the farmer's market on Tues....I wish it was open more than 2 days a week!

MJ
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #37  
Never want to go back!

I'm glad you're feeling better, MJ!

I had another good day yesterday: ate well, walked, read as something nice for me. And the back is feelng pretty good now. Yay! I'm just aiming for more of the same today...

Good luck to everyone today!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

hey girls,
I have a chance to check in so I thought I would. It is so awful here I can't even describe it. No offense to anyone that lives in Texas, specifically Houston but if I never have to come back here again it will be too soon....I don't know how you guys do it! It is so hot here I can't breath! I could never live in a place where the overnight low was in the high 90s and it was to hot to go outside. I feel like all I've done since I've been here is eat grease and stay inside watching tv. No one from my national office moves...every meal is out...since I've been here I've been taken to burger joints, mexican, sandwiches....and I'm not staying at a hotel I'm staying with my old boss so my choices are pretty much go where they take me.

The other thing that bothers me is...well let's see...let me describe myself first. I'm a non-religious democrat from New England, the furthest south I've ever been is North Carolina (hence the heat shock). I'm an organic gardener, I go to folk festivals, I eat granola, I recycle everything, I take public transportation, I don't leave things running like cars, air conditioners, lights etc...My car...that I drive less than a mile a day sports bumper stickers like 'tree hugging dirt worshiper' etc... I actually drive so little that I put gas in my car maybe once a month. I'm a totally crunchy new englander. I'm also a blue eyed really white Irish/Scottish girl...which means that basically if I go in the sun for more than 5 minutes I fry like bacon....and I'm in south Texas. I'm in absolute shock...knowing that this is the 3rd largest city in the US.....it is all highway, all driving, I have yet to see any form of public transit other than a few bus stop signs, everyone drives an SUV, leaves their air conditioners on all day....I saw people sitting in their big suv's just wasting gas idoling in a parking lot reading outside the bookstore...My national office building doesn't recycle....and it's a big office....I can't even fathom how much paper is just wasted every single day. OK sorry for the rant...I just feel like I'm on a different planet, and in the mecca of global warming. It is just so drastically different here from how my daily life functions up in Boston and I'm in total shell shock. I'm so ready to go home. I have never felt so out of place somewhere in my entire life. I am such a die hard environmentalist and it is so hard to watch the lack of concern for conservation and I don't think I ever realized how much it bothers me until now.

The only good thing I can say is that at least everyone here is really friendly...which is different from home, you don't say hi to strangers in passing where I live.

ugh....alright I hope everyone is well and I'm looking forward to coming home to where it's cool and doing nothing but exercise and eat raw vegetables for a week.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote