Old 08-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good morning!

I don't have all my meals completely planned out, yet, but I know they'll be delicious and good for me, too! I am unable to get my run in before I need to get the kids up for school so I'm going to have to start doing that after I drop them off, which means braving the HEAT! I can do it, though. So, after they're at school I'll run a couple of miles. I will also be going to the gym to do some weight training.

Hope everyone is doing ok today! Rhonda - did you get those weeks pulled?
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone! Hope you're having a great day so far.

I did try to do some weeding yesterday afternoon/evening. I thought it would be comfortable outside since the sun goes down on the back side of my house....and I was weeding the front. No, it was not comfortable outside at all! The humidity was overwhelming. I've not been watching the news lately, so I had no idea that much of this part of the country is experiencing heat warnings. Wow! Needless to say, I didnt finish much of the weeding. That will have to wait until it cools down some.
The kids are back in school, which means that I have to get up earlier these days. I'm having a bit of trouble getting myself to bed earlier and I'm not feeling so great on six hours of sleep. My committment for today: Go to bed early!
Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:24 AM   #18  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I didn't post yesterday, but am today.
It is so hot, I don't want to get out, cook or anything. Dd started school this morning, and I had to take my hubby to work at 5:35 this morning( he is going out of town for 3 days), so I am tired at 9:20 in the morning. I almost didn't get any exercise done, but I got on the elliptical and after the first 10 minutes, I was ok, I did my normal timeon the elliptical, got my general exercise in and did half of my weight lifting( will do the rest tonight).
Bkfst: Kashi instant oatmeal, banana
2 bottles of water
Lunch: Maybe tuna with some salad?
Dinner: Veggie burritto
snacks: Fat free yogurt with blueberries, fruit
my plan sounds good hopefully it will go well.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #19  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Gosh, I had a rough day yesterday. We didn't eat dinner until 8:30. I have to figure out something else for now. My son has football practice and my husband has been working late. I still push to have the meals together at the table, but it is way too crazy to eat that late. Need to think about it!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #20  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all,

Just a quick check in. Food was on target (an ant invasion will kill any appetite I have EVERY time). No exercise, though. I absolutely have to go to the grocery store today. It's my least favorite chore after emptying the dishwasher, but I gotta do it.

Have a good day everybody!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

you know...sometimes I really just can't win. I thought i'd be ok with out major catastrophe's after the fridge fiasco but alas I was wrong. I was in a rather nasty car accident this morning. No worries, no injuries which is the most important thing.... cars are replaceable, people arent. Basically i was pulling into my dentists office and a big truck waved me to turn in and a speeding car in the next lane hit me dead in the passenger side of my car and sent me flying across the parking lot.There's lots of dammage to the car,possibly totaled. But hey, no cavities....yes I still went to the dentist.

Next after i got my car home i had to go with my parents and spend 5 hours in the emergency room because my mom was having irregular heart beats. She's ok now, needs to follow up again tomorrow, no idea what the problem is. Then we had to drive to a different hospital almost an hour away to where my doctor is so i could get a vaccination which has now made my whole right arm numb.

I mean seriously...this is what i get for taking a sick day...... On a lighter note I'm not even remotely hungry so at least i won't be over eating!

ugh.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #22  
Never want to go back!

I'm so sorry to hear about your WHOLE day! I'm really glad you weren't hurt. And to still go to the dentist? You rock.

Hope your mom is feeling better very soon. It's always scary to see our parents feeling sick. Part of it is you love them, and don't want anything to happen to them and part of it is that little kid inside us that says they are supposed to take care of us, not the other way around.

Take care of yourself!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #23  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
Yesterday I did good, stayed at 1380 calories, exercised, and gained 1/2 pd,lol. That makes me feel good, but I will not let it get me down!!
Today I am going to exercise soon, this hot weather makes doing anything hard, but it will get done, Bkfst will be ; Kashi oatmeal and a small Banana( no milk, and I am out of Grapefruit juice), Lunch Tuna with some fresh tomatoes from the garden. Lunch Shrimp Vera Cruz( this is shrimp cooked in spicy tomato sauce, ) The kids will be having it with couscous, I will be having it with 2 corn Tortillas.
Snacks: fat free yogurt with Blueberries, pretzels?
I need to go shopping tomorrow, I am out of almost everything, and my checking account is almost empty , so I have to eat what I have in the house, not much fruit, but what can I do.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #24  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great day!

Rhonda--I am SO sick of the humidity! I don't like to do yard work to begin with, but in this heat...no way! I am also struggling w/ sleep....being on vacation and staying up late and sleeping in--I always tell myself I am not going to let that happen, but I do! It's so hard to get back into the routine of getting up at 6am!

Cheryl--Wow, that was early! Does your hubbie travel often?

Diane--Late dinner happens to us every once in a while too.

CC--Did you make it to the grocery store? This may sound weird, but lately I love grocery shopping....I have been trying some new recipes and I am always looking for different healthy things to try. I finally found Kashi products in 'my' grocery store and I am SO excited. I know, I need to get out more! How is your back doing?

Sunshine--What a day! Oh my gosh! I have to say, I laughed when I read that you still went to the dentist....So glad you are not hurt. How is your mom?

This morning I had a drs appt and everything looks great (had b/w done a couple weeks ago), except my thyroid is borderline. I am starting on a very low dose of medication and we'll see how it goes. I had a great discussion about weight loss and what I have been eating, my exercise plan--I was honest about slacking lately, etc. The dr. was SO understanding and compassionate--I really, really like her a lot.

After my appt, I stopped by the small farmer's market near my work. I loaded up on fresh veggies--I cannot believe this is the first year I have really gone there.

As soon as I leave work I am going to the gym for some cardio. Dinner is whole wheat pasta tossed w/ a little low-fat ricotta and topped w/ roasted veggies--and lemon zest. I NEVER thought I would use lemon on pasta, but it is something I learned watching the Food Network....it really adds nice flavor.

Have a great on-plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

morning all,
I'm feeling ok today. No there were no major injuries yesterday. I'm feeling a bit achey today, probably have a bit of whiplash but old bessie (the car) suffered a lot more. I'm waiting today to hear the damage. Needless to say I've just kind of been going through the motions as I suspect I'll be doing today. I'm supposed to go to Houston on business from Saturday through Wednesday, who knows if that is going to happen...
quite frankly I'm ok if it gets postponed. I could use some rest.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #26  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Today, after work, I'm going to our farmer's market. I'm hoping they have some new veggies out there. It has been good so far, but time for some new variety. However, if all they had were the fresh tomatoes, I would still be happy.

I did terrible last night with food. Ice cream... bad!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good morning!

Wow, it's 11:15 and I'm already beat! I mowed the lawn this morning and it's so HOT and HUMID and it took me over an hour and I'm just completely worn out from it! However, one good thing about being that hot is that it completely stomps the appetite. I've had a banana and a pear this morning along with PLENTY of water. I'm getting ready to have some tuna, tomatoes, and lettuce for lunch. Dinner will be a tomato sandwich on a sprouted English muffin with a Laughing Cow wedge and sweet potato fries. I love everything I'm eating today! It's on plan and it's delicious. Snacks will be nuts or yogurt. I'm probably finished with fruit for the day but we'll see.

Hope you all are having a great day. Keep up the good work!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #28  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

I'm sooo on plan right now. It's beautiful.

Now here's to the rest of the day.

Apples and a cup of dry cereal for a snack

I plan on having a shrimp w/ tomatoe sauce, leftover brown rice pilaf, and a salad with a touch of tabouli in it (leftovers).

Another litre of water.

And a stroll with my daughter.

That's the plan!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #29  
Never want to go back!

Hi all!

MJ, thanks for asking about my back. It's getting better finally. I'd say about 80% which is 80% better than where I started. And I did make it to the store. I ended up at Trader Joes, which I LOVE. I bought lots of light premade salads (even with the dressing they are generally under 200 cals), high fiber/protein cereal, veggies, chicken, greek yogurt, and raspberries. They also have this awesome spinach lasagna in single servings that is delicious and only 310 cals. Yum!

Yesterday I did pretty well with food, although I'll admit most of it I ate at or after dinner. By then I was so hungry that I wanted to eat everything I bought at the grocery store. I held back, but went a little over on calories. No exercise yet. I don't think I can use my back as an excuse anymore.

Tonight is dinner out, which I'll do my best to make good choices at. I'm not sure where we're going, so I can't really plan in advance.

Have a good one!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #30  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Hi Everyone!

I'm feeling great today! I've had insomnia for the past week. Last night, I actually got my butt to bed early. I took a Benadryl and slept like a rock. Its amazing how sleep deprivation can make you feel so moody.

I'm still on-plan and planning on having another loss on the scales on Monday.....that will be 4 in a row! I still havent gotten on the treadmill. My scales also measure fat percentage and the number is staying at 51%. I need to build some muscles and make that percentage go down. I know that will make the inches start dropping quicker. So, I'm well rested and have no more excuses.....today, I will do 60 minutes on the treadmill.

CC, so glad your back is feeling better. Sunshine, take it easy..you might be sore for a bit.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote