Old 01-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I just want to hi and welcome to all of you. I really look forward to getting to know you guys. There are a GREAT bunch of women here at the 100lb club. Everyone is really supportive and intellilgent and helpful And we all know what each other is going through.

The first 2 -3 weeks of my lifestyle change, (gosh that sounds so corny, but that's what I call it) were really, really hard. And then I must tell you it really does get much, much easier. And even enjoyable. Yup. After the first few weeks the cravings will stop, you'll notice a drop in the scale, your clothes will feel a little looser and before you know it people will start to notice. You'll look and feel better and this will propell you to go further. And then more good stuff will start happening to you, more compliments, you'll need new clothes. Your seatbelt will fit better. And so on and so on. And before you know it the new way of life will become almost habit.

Well I wish you all a tremndous amount of luck. And I am really looking forward to getting to know you all better.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, new folks! You made a great decision when you decided to start posting here!! I started in July and this site has really helped me to stay committed, and now I've lost 57 pounds! We can do this together!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 108tolose View Post
Welcome Sheila and md! Sheila - I'm right there with you...height hides the pounds well, but ugh!
yep it sure does...sometimes i have people guessing my weight and they will say "well i dont want to be rude but around 180?" LMAO I WISHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i was that...it's interesting to see all us taller women want to be 160..so that's good to see....i'm not trying to be 130 or nothing like that...160 is a comfortable healthy weight for me...

Thanks everyone for the welcome..and congrats to those that have lost weight!!!
SkinnyScorp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #19  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to everyone!
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

HI everyone, I will reintroduce myself in this post! I am 46 years old and tired of being tired. It 's nice to see we have a great support system here ~ and we'll do this new lifestyle together!! I am only weighing in on Fridays, and I am anxiously waiting for this first one. I am following the You on a Diet program.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 264/211/135

Height: 5'4''

Hi all!

I’m Erinn (yep 2 n’s ^_^). I’ve been viewing this forum for a couple of months, and reading the posts has helped me so much with my weight loss that I have made it a daily habit to view new posts. Well, I saw this thread and decided this would be the perfect time to come out of the shadows and introduce myself.

I started my weight loss journey in July 2006 at 264 pound and this morning I weighed in at 219.8. My ultimate goal is to reach 132, with many mini goals in between. My aunt is so happy that I’m losing weight that she has promised to take me on a cruise when I reach 160…so yay! But my next big goal is to reach onederland.

So I’m looking forward to this New Year and eager to hear about everyone’s progress!
132hereIcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #22  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

That's so cool, Erinn! Welcome to everyone!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/180/145

Height: 5'4"

i just joined this morning and everyone on here seems to be so encouraging - i love it! i am 26 and an at home mom who home schools my 9 and 6 yr old daughters and i have a 2 yr old who also runs around my feet during the day. my husband is in the military so he is gone most of the time. I have a goal of losing 40 pounds this year. i know its possible - i lost 69 pounds in 11 months in 2005. A move to the dreariest state in the US made me gain about 35 of it back. im looking forward to the support i can get from this forum and any advice or tips i can give out as well. Good luck to all. Everyday is the first day of the rest of your life - be healthy
sk8rbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #24  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, everyone!

I'm Cindy. I'm a newly-30 lifelong Alaskan. I work at a desk job and take evening classes toward a degree in English -- so it's VERY easy for me to schedule exercise right out of my day.

A year or so ago, the Other Human and I did the South Beach thing for a few months and I lost 34 pounds on it. Unfortunately, we dropped the diet for financial reasons (we live in the Land of the $3 Tomato) and I've regained all but 14 pounds in the intervening year.

My biggest weight loss challenges are finding time to exercise, remembering to eat so I don't gorge when I finally get to food, and eating at a reasonable hour. We're giving SBD another shot beginning this week and I'm working on a training plan to complete my first triathlon in May 2008. (First, I've got to get over my fear of running!)

My highest weight was 274. I'm 260 right now with a goal weight of 120-130. (I'll revise as I get closer.)

Good to meet you all!
cinderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #25  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hello My Name is Bonnie and I have been a user for a while now. I was doing so well and then I lost it. I have three kids a 17 boy and 12 and 9 girls. They keep me going my son has Anklelosing Spondlitis( Form Of arthritis ). My 12 year old has Bowel Problems Uti's and then she has Anxiety and ADHD and Mood Disorders. So between the two we are always busy. I am 36 and I have been married for 20 years. I have two Step children and they have given me two Grandchildren. I have been over weight most of my life and I would give anything to see under 200 again . Weighed in this morning at a big 288 pounds. I have to do this I am so tired of aching knees and Backs .

So does any one mind and tell us what plann or not plan they perfer . I like the biggest loser plan I like the fact that you eat all four food groups. I love to do the Leslie Sansone Videos she is great.

I would like to say congrats to all of you who is still going since 2006 and to everyone who is starting 2007. This is a great place to share your thought and feeling and what may you.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #26  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Bonnie! I don't adhere to any particular diet plan. I've dieted before (successful) but then when I start eating again, it all comes back plus some. Instead, I'm making a lifestyle change that includes smaller portions of whatever I want to eat, lots of water, and lots of exercise.
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all,

I've been around here reading for a week or so...and today decided to post a hello. I'm a 41 year old single- no husband, no kids.... but I would love to have both.... I work at a local elementary school as a paraprofessional. My primary job is with a wheelchair bound child, though I do lots of other things. I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. I've gone up and down the scale, my heaviest at 280... I'm currently at 255 though back in November I was at 240... I have several health problems that contribute to my difficulty in weight loss- don't you just love it when meds make you gain weight??? I know what to do to lose weight- I've done it before... it's getting that motivation back to do it... right now, I think it's there... need to get back at it now that the holidays are over.

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #28  

Hi Butter Fly..i do leslie's walk in home dvd's I LOVE THEM..and her toning dvd's are awesome too...I am a calorie counter...can you tell me more about the biggest loser diet?
SkinnyScorp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:16 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi, my name is Sharon, I found this board a couple of months ago. I do a lot of reading and drop a post now & then. What inspiration and support everyone is. I joined WW the end of Jan 2006 and then joined Curves in August. As you see it has worked pretty well for me. I've been overweight all my life, I've lost 40, 50 and even as much as 70 lbs a number of different times. I'm not sure what clicked last year (maybe it was turning 50 and the fact that both of my parents died in their 50's) but my mind seems to be in the right place for a new lifestyle. I'm hoping this will be the last weight loss journey that I am on, once I reach goal it will be a maintence life style change. I'm 51, I have a very supportive husband, three adult children (which I need to be a example for, they could all benifit from loosing weight) and five beautiful grandchildren that I want to enjoy and watch grow up, unlike my mother got to do.

Good Luck to all of you who are starting a new program this year and to those of you like me are in the middle of you journey.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #30  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

SkinnyScorp29 I have done the biggest LOser last year and I liked it. To me it is based on lots of everyday foods . I like that too Because I cannot afford to go high tech.

The plan starts off with a numbered calories that you should eat by your current weight My Calories would be 1,960 A Day.

One way they suggest to break up your meals in 5 a day is,

Breakfast
1/2 Protein serving ( Every whole Serving is either 8 Ounces Or 1 Cup)
1 whole grain
1 fruit

Snack
1/2 Protein
1 fruit

Lunch
1 Protein
1/2 whole Grain
1 Vegetable

Snack
1/2 Protein
1 Fruit

Dinner
1/2 Protein
1/2 Whole Grains
2 Vegetables

As your weight goes down you adjust your calorie level down so you will have more of a weight loss and be less objected to a platau. They have some of the best recipes too. They motivated me sooo much. I am going shopping tonight and I will be on full plan tomorrow.
I usually do about 1 to 2 hrs of leslie a day . She makes Me feel good.Then I usually walk about 2 to 4 miles a day. If you would like to know more let me know.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote