Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 05:12 PM   #1  
Failure is NOT an Option!

Wink

Any 30-somethings out there who need support and encouragement like I do?

I see groups for 20s, 40s, 50s and 60s. I can't be the only 30-ish person struggling with weight issues! Join me and lets work through this together!
Here are my stats: (I'm 5'2")

Starting weight: 164 1/4
Current weight: 152
On my way to: 125

I generally WI on Tuesday nights with a couple friends from work, so I will try to post after tonight's WI with my progress.

Would love to have some company here!
Old 05-18-2001, 03:15 AM   #2  
repeat offender

Hello,

I seem to be a rarity here as well I'm 30something and I WI on Mondays. There's 3 of us now on the Monday thread and now 2 here on 30 somethings.

I'm sure if we persevere and are witty (ooh, the pressure more people will join us.

I just started going to WW and I've had onw WI. My stats in kilos are:

starting weight 75,6 kilos
current weight 74,1 kilos
goal weight 55 kilos

I'll try and convert the kilos into pounds soonish.

Yesterday was not great points wise. I forgot my lunch at home so had to go and grab something and I ate chicken pasta. It was delicious but used way too much points. Then my husband called and said that our daughter will have to go to the emergency room to get some fluids into her. She's had this nasty tummy bug and yesterday she totally stopped even drinking water. It took us over 8 hours to get the fluids into her and the hospital canteen was already closed so my husband got us some burgers&fries. At that point I really didn't care as I was starving but I went way over my quota But I'll just have to be extra careful today and I'll try to pay back my used points over the weekend.

Not a very happy note but I promise to be more cheerful in my next note. scout's honor

Anna
Old 05-24-2001, 01:39 AM   #3  

Default need encouragement too

Hi All,

I tried to post here before and ended up making my own thread. So here I go again. Ive lost 25 lbs so far and find Im rewarding myself far too much. I just dont want to undo all Ive worked to do. I still have about 15 or 20 to go. Ill check back to see how everyone is doing and Im sure that will give me the boost I need!
Old 05-29-2001, 07:18 PM   #4  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default And I thought I was the only one

Boy I thought I was the only person in there 30's that was fighting this battle. I'm in the middle 35. I just started WW at home, after losing 16 pds doing my own thing I needed a jolt to kick start my losing again. Good Luck to all
Old 06-11-2001, 05:26 PM   #5  

Default 30-Somethings

Hi There!

I, too, was searching for a group to fit in to, but to be honest, I'm still only 29. My 30th birthday looms ever closer, however, so I figured I might as well join in on your thread (if you'll have me).

I just joined Weight Watchers on May 31st. It was a pretty big step for me. I've always tried to lose weight on my own and it's NEVER worked. I'm hoping that the plan will suit me and that being held accountable each week will be extra motivation.

I lost 7 pounds my first week. That's only remarkable until I tell you how much I started at. I can hardly bring myself to type it, but here it goes . . .

358.6 pounds.

Yup.

I was kinda horrified myself. However, I'm trying not to let the fact that I have 211 pounds to go discourage me. It is daunting to think that my weight loss journey will probably take a good two years, but I keep telling myself that that's nothing compared to how long I've spent being fat.

Anyway, I weigh in on Wednesday evenings, and this coming Wednesday is my third week. Hopefully I've done well, despite the fact that while cheering for my Sixers I can't help but crave snack chips and soda. I've resisted, though.

Let's get this group moving! There can't be only three 30-somethings in all of 3FC-dom
Jill W.
Old 06-11-2001, 05:34 PM   #6  

Default 30-Somethings

Hi There!

I, too, was searching for a group to fit in to, but to be honest, I'm still only 29. My 30th birthday looms ever closer, however, so I figured I might as well join in on your thread (if you'll have me).

I just joined Weight Watchers on May 31st. It was a pretty big step for me. I've always tried to lose weight on my own and it's NEVER worked. I'm hoping that the plan will suit me and that being held accountable each week will be extra motivation.

I lost 7 pounds my first week. That's only remarkable until I tell you how much I started at. I can hardly bring myself to type it, but here it goes . . .

358.6 pounds.

Yup.

I was kinda horrified myself. However, I'm trying not to let the fact that I have 211 pounds to go discourage me. It is daunting to think that my weight loss journey will probably take a good two years, but I keep telling myself that that's nothing compared to how long I've spent being fat.

Anyway, I weigh in on Wednesday evenings, and this coming Wednesday is my third week. Hopefully I've done well, despite the fact that while cheering for my Sixers I can't help but crave snack chips and soda. I've resisted, though.

Let's get this group moving! There can't be only three 30-somethings in all of 3FC-dom
Jill W.
Old 06-11-2001, 05:38 PM   #7  

Default 30-Somethings

Hi There!

358.6 pounds.

Yup.

Thalia
Old 06-11-2001, 05:48 PM   #8  

Default I'm SO Sorry

I am so mortified! The server kept telling me it was too busy to use right now, try again. Plus, I only got one "thank you for posting message" from 3FC. Yet, when I saw my post, it was there a horrifying 4 times! I apologize profusely for my repeated post--I'll try not to let it happen again, although I don't know why it happened in the first place

Regretfully,

Jill W. (Thalia)
Old 06-12-2001, 11:15 PM   #9  

Just thought I would drop a line into the 30's group. I like others of you didn't think that there were very many of us. I have been on the WW program for 7 weeks and have lost 14.8 pounds, with about 50 more to go. So far the plan has gone very well, and it is nice to know that you can have a few extra's and still lose weight. Moderation though. The thing for me is to make sure that I journal. I even got a palm pilot and have downloaded the shareware program for it and it works wonderfully. Even have all the food items and complete food list on it.

Is anyone interested in emailing on a regular basis about the highs and lows of the day? If so, please drop me a line at [email protected]

Chat with you soon
Old 06-13-2001, 09:16 AM   #10  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Thumbs down

Hi all!

I'm the same as Jill/Thalia........29, but rounding the corner to 30. LOL.....I think I'm probably more appropriate in this category!

I started WW 14 weeks ago. I've lost 25.4 lbs total. Jill, I feel your pain! I couldn't believe what I weighed either! I stepped on the scale and it said:

302.2!!!!!

Unbelievable. How did I get so big???

Well, I've now moved out of the 3's and into the 2's. I'm at 276.8. My first goal is 103 lbs. I weighed 195 in high school and looked great. When I'm done, I just want to weigh under 200 - so, I'll be happy with 199.

I have a lot of inspiration to lose, though. Here's what's going on: I swing and latin dance - a LOT. My dad has offered to rent a hall, get my favorite dj/band and invite every single person I know to celebrate my 30th birthday and (hopefully) 100 lb loss next February. I know he'd do it anyway, but this gives me a HUGE incentive to lose the weight. To be able to make a grand entrance into that room 100 lbs less.......well, it's inpiring. Plus, he said he'd give me $2000 to buy new clothes too. LOL!

So, that's where I'm at!

302.2/276.8/199

Good luck everyone!!!

P.S. I have pics on my website here: [URL=http://www.tauniasoderquist.com]

Cheers,
Taunia
Old 06-13-2001, 10:40 PM   #11  

Default Happy to see more 30s here!

I am so happy to see this thread picking up some life! We had a slow beginning, but I think this is really picking up!

I started WW on April 3 and have lost 18 1/4 pounds so far. I think it has been pretty easy so far, although slower coming off than I would like, but that seems to be the way it goes. As long as the trend continues downward, I will be thrilled. My goal is to lose a total of 40 pounds by my birthday (9/28). I am just about half way, so I am pretty charged up by that.

Jill - Hi! have you tried Orville Redenbacher's 94% fat free microwave popcorn? It is only 2 points for the whole bag! That should get you through a Sixers game!

Taunia, Karolyn, Hockeychic, Mayflower, Stlucia (Anna): Hello! Lets keep this thread active and our motivation intact!
Old 06-15-2001, 10:35 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies,

I, too, am glad to see this thread picking up. I agree with all of your comments - why does it seem there are threads for every age groups but ours. And to you ladies who are 29 (and on the brink of 30, WELCOME!).

Toad4mimi, thanks for starting this thread - I know I really appreciate it and I'm sure the other ladies do too!

Hey Taunia, I checked out your website - YOU LOOK FABULOUS GIRL! That party your dad's proposing for you birthday sounds great. Just be sure you don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose the weight - it could backfire. Remember, the weight didn't come on overnight (or even consistently) so don't be surprised if it doesn't come off that way.

Thalia, don't worry about posting multiples - I'm also new to this and frequently make mistakes (and sometimes ask stupid questions like "How do I put little pictures in my post?") duh!

Mayflower, glad to see you're enjoying success with your program. Instead of rewarding my self with food, I try to reward myself with "special" things like a new CD or a facial or a manicure. They're great rewards and they make me feel great - no guilt!

Anna, don't feel guilty about the points over on the day your daughter went to ER, those were extenuating circumstances. All you can do is start the next day fresh. I hope your daughter is feeling better - there's nothing worst than when our kids are sick!

By the way, your weight in pounds is as follows - 75.6 kg is 166 lbs and 74.1 kg is 163 lbs. In Canada we use kilos and pounds interchangeably - I'm accustomed to multiplying by 2.2!

Have I mentioned that I'm glad for this new thread - of course I'm also glad that I'm not the only one here with a significant amount of weight to lose. I know what you mean about stepping on the scale and realizing you've topped 300 - OH MY GOD! I joined WW the week before Easter and it has changed my life! I AM IN CONTROL!!! I've never been able to say that before! What a feeling!

It's good to hear from all of you and I hope you'll continue sharing! Good night ladies.

Last edited by Diane in Ottawa; 06-15-2001 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-17-2001, 05:56 PM   #13  
Hot Stuff

Wow, it's nice to see a 30's thread. I've looked here a few times and there were none to be found. I just happened to wander by, and what do you know...there's more of you out there!

I've been back to WW for 6 weeks and have lost a total of 5.8lbs. A little discouraging, but I'm sticking with it. I weigh in on Wednesday nights.

Nice to meet you all, and hope to see you posting!

191.4/178.6/150
Old 06-17-2001, 10:03 PM   #14  

Hi fellow 30 somethings!
count me in to join the fun. I am in my early 30s, and am doing w.w. at home and have lost 15lbs so far. Glad to know there are other 30 somethings out there! I thought we were a rare breed on this board.
Old 06-17-2001, 10:32 PM   #15  

Default Hi, Friend!

Just checking in. I'm struggling with food tonight, so thought I'd keep my fingers busy on the computer instead of shoving food in my mouth.

I really have done very well all week. I have been low to mid-range on my points this whole week, didn't go over once. Then today arrived. . . . . What is it that triggers our brains to tell us to eat even when we know we shouldn't? I truly wasn't STARVING at all today, I just wanted to EAT EAT EAT EAT.

I hate to ramble, so I'll stop and just move on from here. I have regained control after a minor loss, so I'll just count the points and move on! (Thank goodness for banked points)

Monday and Tuesday I have to work our Little League's concession stand for four hours. I love those chili/cheese Fritos! I have managed to stay away from them up til now, and plan on doing the same tomorrow. I actually took my "Free Soup" last time I worked there and although I got some funny looks, I managed to steer clear of the naughty stuff. Wish me luck!

Ok, thanks for the opportunity to vent. I think I'll go to bed now -- I can't eat if I'm asleep!
Closed Thread