Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 11:14 AM   #1  
Exercise Queen

Default 30 Somethings to Lose 30 Something

This is a group of us 30 something moms who have 30 something or more pounds we are trying to lose. Join us in this weightloss/healthy lifestyle journey and share your triumphs and struggles. We will support, and encourage each other as we work on food and fitness choices and generally make our way down this lifestyle path.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:23 AM   #2  
Exercise Queen

Good Morning Everyone! How about introductions first, second setting a goal for the next 4 weeks until Christmas, and include your plan for how you will accomplish that goal.

I'm Michelle 34 year old mother of 3, and I would like to get down to 180 by Christmas. This is a rather aggressive and ambitious goal I know. Food plan- stick to my South Beach eating plan, staying with in my calorie limit. Fitness plan- continue following the Better Body Rotation with my Firm workouts.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Michelle for starting the group and renaming in. I am a 30 somthing who need to lose the 30 something+. My goal weight would be somewhere in the 140s. That mean as of today I have around 45 to lose.

I actually started in earnest to diet and excersize at the beginning of this month. My starting weight was 194.5. As of Friday I was down to 184.0 but I think that weight was a fluke water weight lose. I think I am down to about 188. My weigh-in day is on Fridays so we will see I have held up over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

My thanksgiving goal is:190 so I think I have that whipped
Christmas Goal:184.0
Anniversery Goal 02/21: 170ish
Spring Summer Goal:160ish
Long Term Goal: 140ish

My plan of attack is not quick weight lose but making small changes physicaly and mentaly, all goal oriented, that will change my life. I am not prescribing to any specific diet. I am a smart girl so I know what to do I just have to make sure my stomach and emotions don't talk louder than my brain.

I have been getting off the bus earlier so I have a longer walk to work, taking the stairs to my lab on the 4th floor, ab and arm work every other night, a nightly walk with baby, dog and husband each night (even if it is cold) and I just inherited my mom's nordic track.

I am looking for daily accountability to myself and others and will probably seem annoying at times. I have been trying to keep a thread going on babycenter but it has pretty much turned into my own personal blog. I have also been using fitday.com to journal what I have eaten. So far so skinny.

Can't wait to get to know more of you,
Amanda
Old 11-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #4  
Exercise Queen

Smile

Hi Amanda, I'm glad you checked in, I thought I was going to be all alone! I started in earnest the beginning of the month as well, but then decided to kick it up a notch and do South Beach phase 1 for the 10 days prior to Thanksgiving. I'm on day 7 today. SB1 is the reason why my weight loss goals look so aggressive. I normally would not put that big of a weight loss as a goal in such a short amount of time. I'll be re-evaluating my Christmas one after Thanksgiving.

I've also been working out 3-6 times a week using The Firm since July 1st. I've finally decided to get serious about my healthy eating though, so that I can remove the fat from on top of the muscles I'm building.

My weigh in day is Friday also, but I plan on weighing in Thursday morning this week. Hopefully seeing a lower number will keep me on track during Thanksgiving day. I'm not so much worried about the Thanksgiving dinner, it's the snacking during that day that I need to avoid.

I use ediets nutrition tracker to log my food. My calorie range is 1300-1400 on non workout days and 1500-1600 on workout days. I also likely daily accountability!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:57 PM   #5  
Exercise Queen

I couldn't resist getting on the scale this afternoon. I'm down 1 more pound! Hurray. I also updated my Thanksgiving and Christmas goals. They are still aggressive, but not unrealistic I don't think.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:19 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!!

So, my name is Michelle and I am a nursing student with a hubby and a 5yo. Right now we are gearing up for Thanksgiving, birthday (son's), Christmas and then my bday! Life is crazy to say the least!

I have about 75 lbs that I would like to lose and am such a slacker that the daily accountablity would be great! Right now I am just trying to get into a routine of exercising some everyday. I am having a very hard time fitting everything in and I know that it is just a matter of scheduling but life has been so crazy. No excuses though! I figure that if I can get on track with exercise, then after the holidays I will work on the nutrition aspect. I am really not expecting to lose any weight until then either. I am trying to be totally realistic about this whole ordeal so that I don't get disappointed and quit.

ummmm....so should we check in every day? Should we set little mini challenges for the group? any ideas on fun stuff to do?

Chelle

Last edited by chellefox; 11-21-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:13 AM   #7  
Exercise Queen

Hey Chelle I'm glad you joined us. It sounds like you have a very busy holiday time coming up. My dd has an end of November birthday too, by the way.

Getting started on an exercise plan is an excellent way to begin. I started using The Firm workouts July 1st, and getting in the habit of exercise has been great. I usually workout early in the morning before I have to get the kids up for school.

I'll have to think on some challenges/fun stuff to do, I'll check back in this evening.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #8  

Dreaded Thanksgiving Week

Chelle, I know about a busy schedule, work, baby, dishes, laundry.....It is hard to fit everything in and believe you me I was using that excuse not to get moving and not to eat right. I was thinking that it was my reward for getting everything else accomplished ignoring the fact that I was getting fat. So, instead of going all full barrell at once I have over the past month slowly added things into my routine like walking the stairs was the first week then I added ab and arm work the second week, then getting off the bus sooner was last week. I also have been journaling what I eat on fitday.com (free). It helps me see what I have eaten and be accountable.

Michelle, I don't blame you for peeking. I often do. I don't count it but it either boost my ego or reminds me to get my rear in gear.

I would love to do challenges. May I suggest the first challenge?

A water challenge. Every time you drink 8 oz. post it. What we can do is have a specific post. Example: Amanda 1
Michelle 1
Then when you go to post your next 8 oz you just cut and paste the old one and add your next to it. So the next one will say:
Amanda 2
Michelle 1
and so on and so forth.

Getting enough water in is one of my issues.

What do you think?

Amanda

Today's Goals:
stairs at work
not eating lunch out
ab, arm and nordic track work
cleaning house
putting new car seat in

Long Term Goal

Christmas Goal
Old 11-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #9  

Default may I join you?

Hello ladies,
This group sounds very interesting to me. I would like to join you.
I am 35, mother of 4 and have to lose about 40 lbs/18 kg. My last daughter was born in July and I am still caring pretty much all of the pregnancy weight. The really bad thing is, that I reached my goal weight after a battle of more then 10 years (40lbs down)...and got pregnant...and now it is all back there again!!! I am worried that it will take another 10 years to take it off.
I wanna reach my goal without any specific diets (they don't work for me). Healthy eating and regular exercise is what I want to do.
Healthy eating like: Drinking enough water, cutting back sweets, eating slower.
Exercise: Jogging (very slowly) 3 times a week for 40 min. to 1 h and finding a way to do weights at home. (Before pregnancy I went to a fitness club regularely and had great success by doing weight training according to the Body-for-life method...just the weight exercises not the eating-, cardio- or callenge part of it.
I have to think about how much I want to lose till Christmas. Don't know yet.
That water challenge sounds good - I just don't know if I have to post a note whenever I drank a glass of water?? Can somebody explain it to me again. Thanks and a great start to all of you!!
Swisslady
Old 11-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #10  

Water Challenge, Here we go.
Everytime you drink 8 oz of water. Copy and paste to a new post and Change your number. Example I have drank 2 8 oz of water this a.m.

Amanda - 2
Michelle - 0
Chelle - 0
Swiss lady - 0
Old 11-21-2005, 11:38 AM   #11  

Amanda - 3
Michelle - 0
Chelle - 0
Swiss lady - 0

Just to illustrate I am drinking another 8 oz right now.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #12  

lol...thanks for the illustration!
I forgot, my name is Sarah
so: Sarah 5 (already evening here, overseas)

...or do I have to paste all the others too? Or just my name?...sorry for the questions...
Old 11-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #13  

Water Challenge 11/21

Amanda - 4
Michelle - 0
Chelle - 0
Swiss lady - 0
Sarah - 5

I am including everyone.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #14  

Default Hello! Hello! Hello!

Hello! Can I join you? I am 36, mom of 1 who will 3 in the next couple of weeks. I need some support and motivation --- Would love to help others, too.

My highest weight has been 224 - at the moment I am at 199. I would love to be down by spring - I just want to lose weight! I am so tired of the poor self esteem. I really need to do something!

I'll try my hardest to get water in...I will go right now to get a bottle from the machine here at work...

Thanks for starting this thread!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you -

Tracy
Old 11-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #15  

Water Challenge 11/21

Amanda - 5
Michelle - 0
Chelle - 0
Swiss lady - 0
Sarah - 5

Caught up to Sarah, just 3 more before dinner.
Closed Thread