Old 12-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #106  
Susan

Thanks Maureen! Thinking about you and your mom too! I know it is hard!

Well, PT got Momma in a chair for 3 hours. Yea! However, Momma said " I can't do this alone at home." so the PT said then we need to think about plan B......rehab! Momma was ok but we could tell she wasn't really! She knows she needs it! I can't remember if I told you this is a old ok'd hospital. It's beautiful and th people are great!

Tomorrow is my bil's surgery. I'll go with my sister then I'll go see Momma later that afternoon. It will be a busy day!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:49 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all - I guess this is it - if we're not ready for Christmas we won't be. I've been up since 3:30 AM and it's 5:40 AM and I have a pumpkin pie in the oven baking!! I want to get as much done before tomorrow because I'm heading to my sister's for dinner today and tomorrow she & her man, my other sister & my mom will be over here for Christmas dinner. My sister will keep my Mom at her place tonight. I think that my mother will end up staying in the convalecent wing of her residence. It's a relief because at least we know there's always someone there that's checking on her. If I don't get back here today - I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas - stay safe.
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:02 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Morning all!

Just wanted to pop on here real fast and wish everyone a wonderful holiday! Stay safe and enjoy your friends and family
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #109  
Thursday Lady

Ditto to what Maureen and Spryng just said.

Everyone have a wonderful and merry Christmas!

I cooked until almost midnight trying to get as much done as possible. Today, I have the butter cake in the oven. (My grandmother's recipe.) Now, I'll make the dressing and cook the turkey.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #110  
Susan

Merry Christmas! Everyone made it through surgery! Mom is going to rehab today. Ray is coming home from the hospital. I've done some chores here at home and then I'm off to rehab to meet momma. My little sister is with here at the hospital right now! It's going to odd! No real plan ! No real dinner! Going to church in the morning to give an extra thanks to God!!

Enjoy your families!! And count your blessings!

Hugs!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #111  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #112  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas! I was sooooooooo sick!!! I was blessed with a massive stomach flu! It was horrible! It must have been the 24hr. thing cause I'm feeling so much better this morning! (I surely lost a few pounds yesterday tho)!!!!

Today is my very last day at Barkus! I know, it took forever, didn't it?! It started in October and you guys had to hear it as each and every store closed. Today is the final one! I'm going in around noon and we should be done around 9:00 pm!

It is bittersweet! As sad as it is, there is a part of me that is thinking.....wow, tomorrow is Monday and I really don't have to do ANYTHING!!! Hmmmm, thinking I may like that!

Well ya'all have a great day and enjoy your leftovers and presents!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #113  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I hope everyone had a fabulous day yesterday!!!!

Jeanne, I am so very sorry about your stomach trouble. Yuck! Glad you feel better. It will be strange for you tomorrow but you will enjoy it!

We had a great Christmas. I ate too much rich food. It was good, though. Tuesday, it's back to the gym and treadmill.

Be careful, if you are having bad weather. It was actually freezing last night and will be below freezing tonight. Winter, really!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #114  

Morning all!!

jeanne, it must be something going around because my dh was sick on xmas and now my oldest daughter is sick.. gonna be taking extra vit C etc today and praying I don't get it! I can't take any days off work until feb so I need to stay healthy right now Hope you are feeling better!

Tina, I'm right there with ya.. I need to definitely crack down this week and undo some xmas damage lol

I'm afraid to look at the scale today, this whole week has been hard on me (in the eating department) my parents have decided to stay until new years which is great and all but that means constant fatty foods in the house and meals being cooked.. but my mom is thinking about starting ww! I'm so excited about that! That will make future get togethers much easier, lol.. so now I need a plan of action for this week because I HAVE to get back op today or I'm gonna undo ALL my progress and I don't want that. So what should I do? I'm thinking just suck it up and start skipping the xmas goodies all over the kitchen and make seperate meals from everyone if I need to. And of course track track track.. I stopped tracking a few days ago and I know that was the beginning of the end for this week but that is ok.. I'm just so glad all the major holidays are now over and I can focus on me again. Maybe I should review goals I've set for myself, my bday is feb 11th so I'd love to be down another 10 lbs by then.. I also think I need to start including some weekly exercise so maybe I'll join an exercise challenge as well.. something to get me moving at least a few times a week would be great. So those are my thoughts today, get back on plan, track track track, set some realistic short term goals to keep me going. Swimsuit season will be here before we know it and this year my #1 goal is to be able to wear a swimsuit without an extra coverup, LOL.. so plenty to think about, LOL
Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #115  

ok I just updated my signature.. the past week of bad eating has me up 5.6 lbs, a rude awakening for sure! but I'm being accountable for it, changed my ticker and set up my short term goal, to be down 15 lbs (I included this gain in that) by my bday, that will put me at 155 lbs.. so here is the first day of making that happen!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas-I spent it with family so it was nice. I missed not going to Alberta but I'll be there in May. I too didn't stick to closley to program I'm on day 6 of this week so I just got back to journalising. I figured that I've been good for 25 weeks of keeping track so a few days won't knock me completely off track. I even got on my treadmill last night for 15 minutes-I'll get back on again today-
The weather's not too bad - much colder than Texas lol but not bad for here.
I could really get used to staying home.

talk to you all later and have a great day on program

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #117  
Thursday Lady

Good Morning!

Yes, it's back to journaling. I knew I'd gain, when I put my tracker and calculator away in the pantry. I've undone the good I did on the new plan.
But, today is the first day back OP. I can do this. I can drink fewer Diet Cokes. I can stay away from the tins of cookies.
Spryng, YES stay away from all the goodies---for most of the day. Maybe you can give yourself one in the afternoon. Can you add a healthy dish to your Mother's meals? Maybe a healthy veggie would be good.

Maureen, I know you are enjoying being off. Maybe you can do more things to your condo this week. I want to clean the floors.

Jeanne, I hope you are sleeping in today.

Susan, how are your mother and bil doing?

Dori, tell us about your Christmas. How is Justin?

farmgirl, did you have lots of family over? How is your weather?

Mimi and Tammy, we miss y'all.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 153/151.6/125

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone!
We had a great Christmas! Lots of fun with the family and kids. I haven't eaten good at all! Spryng, I will update my ticker too so you wont have to go it alone! LOL!!!
Sounds like all of you had a good Christmas as well. My goal for this week is to walk at least 3 times, even in the cold. It was 18 degrees this morning when I went to work. Thankfully dh had warmed my car for me when he left for work this morning. I am tracking again on ww online. Havent for about 2 weeks. The holidays are pretty much over for me cause I don't do much celebrating on New Years food wise. Hope all of you have a great day.
farmgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #119  

The day is going great! Got to keep up the momentum! Eating has been wonderful today and not as hard as I thought to pass up those xmas goodies, I even used my lunch break today to get on my stationary bike for 20 min, earned 1 AP, lol.. I haven't worked out in months so that felt really good!

Tina, yeah I'm sure I can modify the meals so I'm not excluded completely from what they make, justa few more days and they'll go home, LOL

maureen, you are right, one week isn't gonna set you back too much! Just hop back OP and keep going.. we are doing this for life so what is one week in the scheme of years?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #120  

farmgirl, you snuck in on me, lol.. I am right there with you on exercise 3x's this week, I'll do it with ya so we can stay accountable