Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #46  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

My name is Emma, i'm 23 & am from New Zealand!

I have been a member of Weight Watchers for a week today and tonight I have my first 'proper' weigh in!

I have a beautiful baby girl, Gaby, who is coming up 4 months next week. I recently split from my partner (recently as in two days ago), but for the first time in my life, a stressful, upsetting event like that hasn't resulted in me eating everything in the house!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #47  
~~TORI~~

S/C/G: 256

Height: 5'2

Smile Newbie here Looking for friends

Hello all! My name is Tori I am a 26 year old nurse and mother of a 3 year old little boy. I have had a weight problem since 2000 bad habits learned in college have continued with me for the past 7 years. if there is a diet known to man you can bet I have tried it and I can sit here today and say the diets didnt fail me but I failed the diets. I had been seeing the same man since 1999 when we split and he started seeing another girl that I had been a friend to. about a week later I found out I was pregnant the big delimea do I tell him or do I just let him be with her and raise my child by myself. I told him and also let it be known I was not looking nor wanting him to come back to me but just a for your info kind of thing Im going to have this baby and you can choose to be in its life or you can choose not to be. After much dileberation I suspect He wanted to work thinks out. Funny how things can totally chance ur life around. I seen the girl out when I was 8 months pregant and heard her whipser to a co employee how fat I was normally such comments wouldnt have bothered me a bit however with who it came from and prob. where I was pregnant and a bit hormonal it ate at me. A month after I gave birth I started the atkins way of life 20 carbs a day for 3 months and downed 54 pounds. back to a size 8-9 jean. I was happy I had energy and still had my breast lol. I stopped to get gas one day and when I went in to pay lord behold the cashier was the GIRL never had I felt so good the look on her face was just priceless. atfer that I think i got settled in my life and my old eatting habits were slowly creeping back on. I reached 256 pounds and stayed there. I finally sat down one night with my mother in law god bless her she gives me 100% support and will help me out any way she can. I told her Tuesday I'm going to attend a weight watchers meeting I said i have no energy and the rate im going im not going to be around to see my son grow up let alone be healthy enough to have another child. so 3 weeks ago I attened my first weight watchers meeting 3 weeks later i have lost 8 pounds I am pleased with that. I know this will be a slow ongoing process for me to have to battle the old habits of eatting when im stressed eattiing when im bored and eatting when im not even hungry. I invested 2 grand in a elliptical machine about 6 months ago that has sat around but in the past 3 weeks I can say its finally getting broken in along with my bow flex. I know i will have times when I will want to give up and Im hopeing this board and my ww meetings will give me the strength to keep on going. I think i have rambled on enough now. I do thank you for reading this lil bit of history on me and I look forward to meeting some wonderful people here.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 150/148/127

Smile

hi, i'm hannah and have been on and off weightwatchers since i was 11.

i'm single, a first year physiotherapy student (so that makes healthy eating hard straight away), i'm very unfit and am back on WW (at home) to lose some weight again and hopefully keep it off this time for good!! Hope that all your support will help me as much as i want to help you guys

not much else to say really at the moment...
Old 02-24-2007, 01:37 AM   #49  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

S/C/G: 275.5/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Hi all. I'm a 23 year old stay at home mom and full time college student (taking online classes). My doctor referred me to WW back last month when I went in for my 1 year post natal check up. I topped the scale out at 256.6! I gained 40 pounds with my daughter; lost it and got to 220 and started gaining back. Now I realized that if I want to be around for her, my fiance, and any other children, then I need to make desperate changes in my life in regards to food and exercise. Anyone who is interested in being weight loss buddies can PM me and I'll get back to you!
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #50  
Marianne

S/C/G: 256/243/150

Height: 5'4

Default Hiya!!!!!

Hiya!!!!!

I hope everyone is well! I came here, because some lady came into my office and asked me when I was due. I was mortified. I have always been told...you have such a pretty face ugh! I am just so sick of being fat!
I lost 10 pounds so far, but I went to the doctor the other day and she said I lost 13. All scales are different, but I will take the 13. lol

I am looking for friends to help keep me on track. I have been on here for 2 weeks and sadly I am not doing too well making friends. I am still trying to figure out everything. Email me anytime!

Well I hope to hear from you all! Take care and keep up the good work....
YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 150 / ticker / 120

Height: 5' 1"

Good morning all!

It's been a month now since I first joined and I'm finally back to give it another try. :|

Initially I was following a modified South Beach plan, but after 5 weeks of it I was tired of feeling like crap (headaches, dizzy) and was finding it was too restrictive to follow long-term in my busy "on the go" life. I lost about 2 lbs during those 5 weeks, so it wasn't for naught I guess.

I'm ready to try again - this time I'm going to give Weight Watchers online a try... I see they have a 1 week free trial, so here we go!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #52  
Dixie Belle -6 weeks old!

Hello, This is my first post here. I am a 30 y.o.married mom of two, full time premed student, and wanting to get back into shape and feel good about myself again. I have been trying to excercise some and get out of my "funk". I lost about 100 pounds on WW about 4 years ago, have gained about 30 pounds back, but it seems so much harder this time. I am a severe food a holic, especially sweets! I know how much support can make a difference and I am hoping this web site will help!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #53  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Hi there everyone ~ this is a busy board...

My name is Tracy, I live in Texas with my hubby and 2 sons. I have a 10 1/2 year old and an 8 month old. Ü I hit my all time high weight at 264 lbs. and have come back to WW to begin my weight loss journey once again. I know the program works ~ I have been here many times before but THIS is the time it is going to stick! I can't wait to get to the "onsies" as I am so very tired of the "twosies"....

Thanks for letting me join! Ü
Old 04-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #54  

Default newbie

hi there...
i'm new to this site...i've been lurking for awhile and i have to say that you all are such an inspiration....

i've been on ww since jan 20th and i've lost 22.5 lbs...i've joined ww in the past and lost and gained it back..this time it's different..i'm DOING IT!!!!!!!!!!

by the way..my name is Colleen aka ween..

hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #55  

Hi! I have been a lifetime member since 2003...of course I had too much food over Easter, but as always I stuggle with the up and down same pounds. Dieting consumes me all day every day.... I am here looking for support, encouragement and ideas...thanks!

Highest weight 209
Today's weight 153
Still 5'7"
Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #56  
Canada Eh!

S/C/G: 195/moving down/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Brand New from Calgary

Hi All!
I have read the forums and finally managed to get registered (have tried over the months and there was some internet glitch here or there).

I am a returning Lifer (48 years old this year) -- was a prior WW leader that fell off the wagon so to speak when I divorced 6 years ago -- the weight is all back and finally with matrimonial property settled -- it's ME time! Yep...the ex had me in court 42 times, so my focus really wasn't on what I was putting in my mouth, it was focusing on surviving without having a nervous breakdown.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks!
Elan

Last edited by CalgaryElan; 04-15-2007 at 01:09 PM. Reason: adding my age!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #57  

Red face I can do this!

Hi everyone I'm 23 y/o from Ontario Canada, and have been doing the WW Flex now for 13 weeks. I have always struggled with my weight growing up. I was a competitive dancer, was and still am a competitive cheerleader, and play on a coed volleyball team. It was very frustrating being "the overweight girl" most of my life. Even though I never let it hold me back or slow me down with my dance, cheer and sports in general. It pushed me to be the best, to show people that people who are overweight can be just as good if not better then people who aren’t.

I joined WW because it became to a point where I wasn’t happy with myself and couldn’t bear to even look at myself in the mirror. My bf and I have been together for 4 yrs and I see the difference in weight gain since we have been together. I guess this is natural when you get comfortable. He is very encouraging and supportive which helps, he is happy that I am doing it the right way. I have set mini goals for myself along the way, but my big goal is to get to my goal weight before I take that step to marriage. I'm not engaged yet (not ready yet) I still have a lot of work ahead of me but I believe I can do this.

So far with WW in 13 weeks I have lost 27lbs, I have met my 10% goal, and I'm going to keep on going

I think this website is great, very inspiring to see so many people who are successful with their weight loss, it has really helped to push me to continue and strive to reach my goal.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'6"

Good evening this is my first post on this site. I have recently purchased the WW program from ebay as I do not have access to meetings where I live. At one time there was a group meeting but it has been over 10 years, my sister was successful with the program then so I have decided to try it on my own. I am not really sure what the difference is with the core or flex plan. Can anyone define it for me? The old WW had the core plan where you could eat from each food group in limited quantities and the second option was the fat and fiber plan. Of the new plans which one is recommened?
This is also the first time that I have joined a forum so if anyone could suggest how I can navigate through this one and the best places to get me on my path to success it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #59  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

hi there all!

30 year old female who just recommitted to WW after two years on saturday

Managed to lose 50 pounds working it from home the first time, but been having difficulty since i gotten married getting myself motivated.

so saturday i walked into my local meeting and started fresh! And discovered this website which gives me hope!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 AM   #60  
I know I can

Red face Hi everyone!

I’m new to the forum, and after taking a look around, I decided this is where I'm supposed to be!

I've been dieting like forever, but always gained it all back with a few plus. I realized that I already know what to do; the problem is I don't do it!! So, I'm starting WW on my own. Considering I managed to stay in the program for about 5 kilos, and having all the info, but being short on $$, I'm willing to do it, and now for real.

Wish me luck!
Closed Thread