Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #61  
Jacksonville, FL

Default New here

I have a question before I sign up, just what does the simple start plan entail?
Deelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #62  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
I have a question before I sign up, just what does the simple start plan entail?
Simple start plan is for the first few weeks so you don't get overwhelmed. They give you a choice of meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack, to choose from. you also get 5 extra points a day to eat whatever you want, such as a glass of wine or a cookie. After you do simple start you can move onto the Simply Filling plan, or the tracking plan, whichever you feel is best for you.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #63  
Jacksonville, FL

Thank you, Serenity!
Deelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #64  
Less of a Better Me

Serenity - Great weight loss!

Autumnjana - I also weigh myself every day. It helps me to see the normal daily fluctuations. Sometimes I will see the scale just abruptly go up a pound for no clear reason, but weighing daily I see how it then goes down as long as I stay on program. It is just reassuring to me to see how the scale responds to what I do.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #65  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I'm sad that my break is near the end... And it hasn't been too relaxing. But that's alright! Hope everyone is having a good week.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #66  
Never Giving Up

Default Motivation

Hi everyone! If you are on FB, you can follow Beck Diet Solution, and every day they post something very helpful and motivational. Since we have holidays and events coming up, I found this very appropriate for me. Plus, I can't give up my activity either.

Wednesday Sabotage: The scale is down so I can afford to loosen up.

Response: No I can’t! The scale went down because of all the things I’ve been doing. The moment I stop doing them is the moment the scale goes back up.

Happy Thursday!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #67  
Never Giving Up

Happy Friday! Yesterday I ate 8 points worth of junky food. Not going to do that again, not many points left to eat nutritious meals. Found this posted at BDS on FB. Very appropriate for the holidays. Plus I will have overnight guests and having Easter dinner at my home.
While it’s true that when you’re working on losing weight, there may be a lot of food you’re not having (at least, not in big quantities), there is still lots of food you ARE having. If you’re feeling deprived, ask yourself: Am I focusing too much on what I can’t have, instead of what I can? (from BDS on FB)

Here's today's
Friday Weekend Warm-up: If you have holiday meals coming up this weekend and think, “It’s not fair I can’t eat normally during the holiday,” remind yourself, “Actually, I AM eating normally for someone with my weight loss goals. And while it may be unfair I can’t eat all the food I want, it would be MUCH more unfair if I couldn’t experience the countless benefits of weight loss.

Last edited by Serenity100; 04-18-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 247/232.8/160

Height: 5' 7"

Serenity- Thanks for bringing that Beck Diet Solution page to my attention. Those types of quotes are exactly what I need to stay motivated this weekend! I am hosting 30 people for Easter Dinner, and the hardest part is going to be resisting the Orange Cream Cake I am baking. I also follow a group on FB called "Weight Watchers...One day at a time!" There are many posts with questions and WI results etc... I just find it really helpful to see so many people out there with the same goals that I have.

I wish you all happy Easter weekend! I will be off the whole week and plan to paint my kitchen I LOVE home improvement projects!!
momof2sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Thanks for the motivational quotes, I love reading positive stuff. I can relate to so many people's experiences. Re: Eating and The Holidays. I visited with some friends for Easter Brunch (its an early dinner) and its amazing how after being on WW for 4 months my tastes have changed. For example, I drank water the whole time not cola. I did reserve enough pts to indulge in a tiny piece of bday cake..but here is the really funny thing. I found it way too sweet; I scraped off all the icing.. tried to finish it.. I couldn't. I looked around the table very self consciously that someone would see me scraping into the garbage but ha! No one cared. I had dreaded this entire holiday because of chocolate temptations and constant yummy foods surrounding me. But instead, it all turned out to be a triumph that I am finally at a point where I have some control in my choices.
waterdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #70  
Less of a Better Me

I weighed in today down 1.2 pounds putting me in normal weight BMI on my official weigh in. My personal goal was to do that before my birthday, which is next Friday, so I was happy.

We went out to Red Lobster for lunch and I thought about getting the 4 course feast which comes with a dessert, but with my birthday coming up I decided to get salmon and snow crab legs (with 2 biscuits though) instead. It was 20 points so I was happy with it.

DH got a 5 pound star today and has lost 71 pounds. He is only .8 away from goal and he hopes to get there this week (so I imagine he will also be eating real carefully this week).
Old 04-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #71  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Koshka,

Congratulations on yours and your husbands successes, that's so inspiring, way to go!

I'm considering rejoining WW online, I think I may but I'm having a hard time getting over the anxiety of the scale. I definitely have issues with scales, ugh!!!

Take care, thanks.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #72  

Serenity - Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing the BDS book to my attention. First, the quotes are very timely for this time of year and highlights the struggles of our inner dialogues as we fight the urge to overeat. I had read a few threads on the BDS sub forum here on 3FC and at the time thought I should read the book. So today I went out an bought it. I think that it will help me overcome my tendency to overeat/undereat.

Koshka - congratulations on your weight loss! You must feel so proud. I'm proud of you myself

Thank you for your insights on daily weigh ins. Today I "confessed" to my leader and the lady who weighs me every week that I have been weighing myself daily. They have known me for over a year and understand I went through a lot of turmoil the first six weeks of maintenance. So they were happy that I am finally more at ease with the whole process and the "greyness" of it. They weren't disapproving of my new habit of weighing in daily, they thought in time I will gain a sense of trust in myself and not need to weigh daily and understood that for now it is a helpful practice.

So, next Saturday is likely when I'll get my lifetime membership!!! I am 0.2 pounds below my goal weight range so I do have to gain a tiny bit this week. But not really a whole lot; it's achievable. I'm excited to save money, to get my "key" charm, to get my lifetime access to free etools, and that ill have achieved a huge milestone. I already reached my goal weight and now I'm achieving my maintenance goal which has been hard-won. So I'm happy about that

I will respond more tomorrow to others' posts; just wanted to touch base this evening an wish everyone well and give everyone an update.
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #73  
Never Giving Up

Default Monday Motivation

So, Sat. and Sun. I didn't do too poorly, but I could have done better. Especially on Sat. when I had two slices of pizza instead of the one I had planned having.
That's what happens when you are tired and stressed and miss pizza. lol

But tomorrow, Monday it is back on track for me. Found this from Becks

Monday Motivation: If you were walking down a flight of stairs and stumbled down a few, would you then say "Well, I've blown it!" and throw yourself down the rest of the stairs? No! You would get back up and resume walking. If you stumbled this weekend, immediately pick yourself back up and start eating in a healthy way again.

yep, I stumbled a little, not a whole lot, considering, but I will be right at it on Monday and continuing.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #74  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Koshka and Autumnja, congrats! What awesome motivation you guys are!

I'm back from my conference trip to Chicago - where I ate quite a bit, but tried to make smart choices when I could. I also ate a lot today at the in-laws' family Easter - then my Dad called and said he was thinking of coming to visit for the 4th of July and have a family float trip. This is fantastic because I've dreamed of the day my Dad would see my WL (He last saw me 110+ lbs ago!) and I now have a goal to work towards. 19lbs in 11 weeks will be incredibly hard, and I might not even get there, but I am going to work my butt off!!
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:14 AM   #75  
Less of a Better Me

Autumnjana - That all sounds great and it sounds like you will lifetime very soon. And, I'm sure you'll be much smarter about it than I was way back when!

Pupmoms - That is some great motivation for you. Don't stress too much about losing 19 pounds in 11 weeks. If you do it fine, but really even if you didn't lose a pound in that time you've had tremendous success and have so much to be proud of.

On Beck Diet Solution - I read that book and did find it helpful. It was very, very good on the mental aspects of losing weight.

Another book that I've recently found helpful is Diet Fix by Yoni Freedhoff. I've followed his blog for awhile and I'm really enjoying his book which is very much about finding a way of eating that you can be happy with even if weight loss is a little slower.