Old 04-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #91  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Serenity, speaking of NSV! Yesterday, we were in a car accident (just our car, something broke with the part that attaches to the wheel I guess because the metal frame thing was on the ground - I'm not a car person; we're fine but obvs the car is NOT) and ended up stuck for an hour with 2 dozen adorable cupcakes. I am usually a stress eater for sure, but not only did I not have a single one, but I gave them away to the auto body shop (we were clearly not making the picnic at that point.)

I have been hitting all my healthy checks, especially the fruit and veggies (but let's be real, I'm doing like 3-4 servings of fruits and 1-2 of veggies.) I'm pretty proud of that!

I can see the top part of my tummy getting smaller, so that's awesome! Thinking of NSV each week is a great way to pull ourselves away from the scale!
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #92  
Jacksonville, FL

NSV's define please!
Deelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #93  
Less of a Better Me

Non-scale victory -- Something that is a victory (like going down a size or two or eating well in a stressful situation) that has nothing to do with the number on the scale. Of course, we almost all eventually want the number on the scale to change but sometimes there is a lot of progress that is not yet reflected on the scale.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #94  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I really believe that NSVs are as important as scale victories because that is going to keep us going in the long haul. Pupmom you are so close to goal so staying tight to plan is what is going to get you there.

I just put stuffed artichokes in the recipe builder, we made them very light, not like Nonna, and they came out 4 points each. yay! I'm having that with a boca burger on a light English muffin. 5 points there. Im not doing Simply filling, so next time I going with the 3 point boca burgers. Im not crazy about the original vegan 2 pointers. But I have extra points to spare so I am going to add 1/3 cup shredded WW Mexican cheddar 2 points (that stuff is great, look for it)

Off for a walk now, a lovely Spring day. Enjoy your evening.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #95  
Never Giving Up

This place is quiet lately, hope all is well. I don't mind talking to myself though, so I'll just carry on.

Another NSV, today a Dove chocolate Easter egg turned up in my classroom. I had forgotten that another teacher gave it to me weeks ago. I wanted to pop that baby into my mouth so bad, because the moment I found it the kiddos were going a little cray cray. But instead, I just stuck it in a basket under a pile of papers. And yesterday I turned down some cake from a fancy bakery.

Hang in there folks.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #96  
Level 5 Vegan

I just finished the last paper of the semester for me - I go in tonight to hand it in. Now, I have to comment on my student papers for conferences tomorrow. They're also working on their final papers, due at the end of the week. So close to done!

I have gotten NO exercise due to being chained to the desk, but I hope to give my ActiveLink something to track soon. We've been having some thunderstorms (complete with hail!) out here but maybe the weather will give me a break and I can ride my bike tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #97  
Never Giving Up

Exercise and vegetables really help me. Going to try to up that this week.

WI ok, but the scale showed a two pound loss for the last two days and then today WI, only one Sigh. but watchca gonna do?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #98  
Less of a Better Me

I hate it when that happens Serenity. But usually that loss will show up again next week.

I've been doing OK this week but not much loss showing on my daily weighing at home. Last Friday was a high point day (my birthday) but I've done fine since then so not sure what is going on.

Had an MRI yesterday to try to get some more information about my knee pain but won't get results until late next week.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #99  
Level 5 Vegan

Serenity, when that happens, I just tell myself that my loss the next week will look that much more impressive to me.

My body is finally letting go of weight it's been holding on to lately because of weird hormonal fluctuations, which is so nice. Less stress on my end, I wish the weather wasn't so cold today. Tonight, I'm going to give the house and dogs a good scrubbing. Tomorrow, back to the gym!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #100  
Jacksonville, FL

I am so fighting wanting something sweet....already had pineapple and applesauce....emotional eating, fighting it......
Deelou is offline   Reply With Quote