Old 04-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #76  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Pupmom- Losing more than 100 lbs is an awesome achievement! Don't beat yourself up if you can't get the less than 20 remaining off in time.

I'm doing fine today. Have an unpleasant appointment tomorrow but such is life.
Take care all.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 240/150

Height: 5'7

Hello.
I am new to WW. I am doing WW online. Please let me know what u buy at the store to snack on or any other tips you can give me.

Thanks
logstin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #78  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by logstin7 View Post
Hello.
I am new to WW. I am doing WW online. Please let me know what u buy at the store to snack on or any other tips you can give me.

Thanks
Hi are you doing the Simple Start? There are specific foods that you should get. But, fruit is zero points and you should eat two servings at least per day. Strawberries, blue berries, blackberries, applies, cantaloupe, pears are all good. You are allowed bananas too but don't eat too many per week, they are higher in calories and sugar.

WW String cheese is one of my favorite snacks, only 1 point. I like the jalepeno type.

The Dannon or Chobani low fat Greek yogurt either 80 or 100 cals. is a 2 point snack.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #79  
Never Giving Up

Hi guys. The day started on a downward trend. First I weighed myself, noticed that I was up 2 lbs, not official yet. I'm kind of mad, but on the other hand, I know its mostly sodium and I enjoyed my holiday without going overboard, honestly. What's the sense of living if you can't celebrate some traditions?

Then off to my appointment. Long story short, I know understand how folks can go postal and go crazy when dealing with a federal government office. But, through the grace of a higher power, things turned around 180 degrees and it all worked out.

Going for a walk now and moving ahead. . . .

Hope everyone is hanging in there.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #80  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the support, guys! It sucks when you get to an impressive number - like 100lbs lost - but you're still overweight. :-/ But no one should ever dismiss (or not celebrate) any victory!

Beautiful weather today and, although I have plenty of work to do, I think I might skip out for a nice bike ride or a lengthy gym visit.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #81  
Never Giving Up

So my official WI up 1.5 lbs. Not getting hysterical over it, like I said, I didn't go crazy, just had some more carbs/calories than I normally do. Hopefully it will all be gone by next WI. But, I learned that with other events coming up, if I want to get the weight off, I need to remain vigilant or it is gonna take forever.

Have a great day!
Old 04-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #82  
Never Giving Up

Noticing the scale is still going down. That a good sign.

When I get home from work I am tired and hungry, have to figure out how to turn that around.

Going out for a walk now even though it is windy as all heck. But no more excuses. It is almost May for Pete's sake.

Thanks for listening. Hope all is well.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #83  
Less of a Better Me

I weigh in tomorrow and hope to have a loss but this week hasn't been showing much loss on the scale so we'll see. If you are tired and hungry when you get home from work is there any possibility of a mid-afternoon snack or even one that you could eat on the way home? Getting hungry is just deadly for me.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #84  
Level 5 Vegan

Hungry is deadly for me too. I try to have 2 cups of fresh berries and a ton of water after work to keep me full so I don't make bad choices.

Last edited by PUPMOM5; 04-24-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #85  
Jacksonville, FL

I went into meeting today to join and get materials and then do WW online. But there was a special for two months for price of one so signed up. Loved the meeting simple start looks good.....but when I got the email to sign in the frustration started. I have to sign in to be able to get apps and to be able to let them know if I want to stop charging me for monthly plan. The gal at meeting told me which number was password. Well after " chatting with ." 2 guys who each gave me directions different from her and none of them working and a auto voice saying the wait was long on phone I still cannot get signed up!! I just kind of wish I never did this.....I am planning on going to the center tomorrow and see if they can fix it or let me use their wifi and phone to fix it. has anyone else had this problem?
Deelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #86  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
I weigh in tomorrow and hope to have a loss but this week hasn't been showing much loss on the scale so we'll see. If you are tired and hungry when you get home from work is there any possibility of a mid-afternoon snack or even one that you could eat on the way home? Getting hungry is just deadly for me.
Yes, I have actually been tracking a snack in advance for when I get home from work. 1 hard boiled egg and a piece of string cheese. For tiredness I have a cup of coffee. Don't forget I'm a teacher so I get home around 3:30-4:00. I try to drink enough water but then I have to figure out bathroom logistics also, so I can't over do it.

I really have lost most of my cravings, except for when I wanted the sugar rush of the jelly beans, but hubby made sure I didn't get any. Other than that I am really amazed how I really don't have any cravings. I think it is because I know I can have anything if I really want it. To a whacko like me it makes all the difference.

Friday is my shot of vodka 4 points day! Cheers! and enjoy the weekend all!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #87  
Less of a Better Me

Deelou - That does sound frustrating. Hopefully, they can get it straightened out.

Serenity - Yes I remembered you were a teacher so hoped you had an opportunity for a snack.

Today - This was a good day. I weighed in for a 1 pound loss so that was good. It was a great day for DH since he reached goal today having lost 73.2 pounds. I'm going to do a post about him tomorrow on my blog since he has done so great.

It was my birthday. I planned what I would eat and decided to eat anything I wanted but only if I loved it. I went to Carrabba's and had a great meal. We shared a chocolate dessert among 4 of us so it went great. There was a side I ended up not loving so I only had about 40% of it.

It was a lot of points - I've eaten 42 points today (about 1550 calories) but it is the start of my WW week so I have plenty of weekly points.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #88  
Level 5 Vegan

Happy birthday, Koshka!!

I'm not typically a yogurt person, but I've started trying the Yoplait Light flavors because they're 2 pts each and it's a breakfast I can grab and go. I have to tell you, I'm loving them! Some of them are going to be an acquired taste but aren't awful. The Boston Creme Pie and Black Forest Cake were really, really good!

I have to take a break from working on my scholarship to attend the Department picnic today. They're serving fried chicken, so my plan is to go for the first hour to socialize and then cut out and eat lunch elsewhere (like home!) We're supposed to bring something. My go-to is fruit, then I have something to pick at and the other people who eat healthy usually appreciate it.

What are your weekend plans?

Last edited by PUPMOM5; 04-26-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #89  
Never Giving Up

Koshka! Glad you were able to enjoy.

Going to my nephew's Communion party at a local Italian restaurant, the choices aren't that great WW wise. The old me would have loved a nice veal parmesan. lol

I looked at the menu and the best I could find is pasta with broccoli, I will eat a cup worth of the pasta and either leave it there or bring it home.

Enjoy your day!
Old 04-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #90  
Never Giving Up

Default NSVs!

Happy Sunday! I realize that sometimes I focus so much on the scale, and for good reason, if I don't I just live in lala land concerning my weight. BUT, sometimes your body and brain are making changes that can't be measured by the scale. Have you had any NSVs lately? I have had a bunch, but here are two from yesterday and today.

1. At my nephew's communion party, when they passed out the whipped cream/oreo cake, I asked for a container to wrap it up and take it home without eating one bite.

2. Since Christmas, I went from wearing a size 16W to a size 14 jeans, and the jeans aren't tight.

When WI days come that I don't see the results I want, I am going to think of all the NSVs I have achieved that week.