Old 12-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Hi tryinagain2013, I don't know if this article might help you or not, but I thought I'd post it just in case. It's called "5 'Old' Weight Watchers Resources (NOT PointsPlus)": http://ronisweigh.com/2011/06/5-old-...ointsplus.html. It mentions that some of these resources have points calculators. I wish you luck on finding what you're looking for!
I *love* Roni's Weigh! I've followed her blog for years. She's kind of grown beyond WW, but she's great about keeping her archives when at all possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylioness View Post
Well we are half way through December!

I am finding it impossible right now to work out. Just absolutely impossible. But I decided to be ok with it until the 1st. Work will quiet down, holidays are ove and I can really focus on training and toning up this flab!!
YES, omigosh, yes! I enjoy running. I have done it twice since Thanksgiving, how bad is that?? It's just so crazy around here, it seems. Glad WW doesn't depend on the EP... although some weeks my eating does, haha. But yes, it is hard to keep exercise worked in right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
I am having a hard time exercising as well but I don't stop during the day lol its Christmas! Busy busy! with shopping, cleaning, baking, ect I am ok with not getting in "exercise". Just wish there was a way I could keep track of my daily movements and incorporate them in WW some how. Like shopping should be a option haha or pushing a cart! I live in Alberta, Canada and we have at least 2 feet of snow and always 3-4 inches in the driveways so pushing a heavy grocery cart thru it is definitely a work out
Sounds like a workout! Have you ever tried snowshoeing? I had a roomie in college that was nuts about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnesbit View Post
This is my first post, but I'm here to celebrate achieving 50 pounds lost this week! I have been very successful with WW so far, and my total loss to date is 51.2!

Keep trucking through December fellow WWers! Pretty soon everyone will be putting away the truffles and pulling out the treadmills with us. January can't get here soon enough!
Woohoo! Congratulations! and Welcome! My first trip through WW I made Lifetime, between having two kids. I've since had a 2nd baby, and am back. Have you always been on PointsPlus, do you go do meetings at all?

As for me, Saturday was a points-fest, and yesterday not so bad (3wp). Going home for lunch, so today should go well. I just need to get some more movement squeezed in!
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Back Again

Decided what I had been doing wasn't working so have rejoined, today is Day 2. Feeling good about taking action on my decision.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #63  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Good day fellow WWers! Hope your all having a fantastic Monday!

Yesterday was the first day we weren't "in the deep freeze", for 2-3 weeks we have been at -40 (with the windchill) but yesterday it warmed up to -11. I spent 2 hours shoveling snow out of my driveway, then helped my girls build a snowman It was a great day! Saturday me and my sister and our girls went to my moms house and decorated for Christmas. It was an overall wonderful weekend! I have managed to stay on track and still have over half my weekend points left (which was my goal for this week). I am looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. It will be my first official one on WW.

Becky Quilts I have never been snowshoeing. Well I guess I cant say never, we had to do it in school one year. I am not a fan of winter. I do not like the cold at all and snow makes me mad lol so I tend to stay inside. My husband lives out doors all year round, he is an avid hunter, trapper, fisher, ect. He is looking at getting a pair of snowshoes for checking his traps and whatever, so you never know, it could turn into a family thing

EasySpirit Hunny don't be to hard on yourself! We all get in that 'funk' every once in a while. Eventually you will become determined to do what you need to. I would try and set a goal, a start date to really actually commit to. Like after Christmas when the stress and madness dies down and life goes back to somewhat normalcy. I have to keep telling myself that one healthy meal isn't going to make me lose 1lbs just like one treat isn't going to make me gain 1 pound. Try not to focus so much on the negative eating and praise yourself up for the good things you do for yourself. We are all in the same boat, we all struggle, just remember its one day at a time, one meal at a time, one feeling at a time! Good Luck to You!
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #64  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone!

Today was office pot luck! UGH. I had already decided that I was going to enjoy...but I am not enjoying the aftermath!

Why do we do this? Eat so we feel sick??? This is not fun and while the food was good, none of it was good enough to warrant feeling like this!

Blech!

Happy Monday! The holidays are almost over and I can recommit to gym and me time!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Becky and Claustin. I had a great eating day yesterday, not as good, but not terrible, today.

I need to gather my thoughts as you suggested and move forward. I also need to find some things to do that I enjoy.

I will be happy when the holidays are over; mine are never easy. I go to a sister's house where I sit and watch her, her husband, three sons and three grandchildren have a wonderful holiday. I bring each one a rather expensive gift card or gift, along with a bottle of wine, a dessert and shrimp cocktail. I always get - an article of clothing that does not fit, a candle (which I cannot burn due to sinus issues,) a box of pears, cookies and a Christmas ornament ( I have not put up a tree in years.)

One year I actually heard one nephew say to his wife, "Didn't you get my aunt anything? You know she is always here!" and the wife replied, "You didn't put her on the list - - I bought for everyone you listed." A week later I got a gift card in the mail with a note saying I had left it at my sister's house.

Needless to say I will be happy when it is over with.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #66  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Back on track. Today went good with points. Used only daily point. Going to try a different way than I did before. Would like to lose 10-15 lbs by Feb.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 170/161/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky Quilts View Post
For me, when I'm gnoshing through the cupboards it's one of three things: emotional eating, bored eating, or I haven't had enough protein (or water... I guess that's 4). If you can pause and think through what your own triggers are, or at least make the choice a conscious one (because really, sometimes the Christmas cookie *IS* worth it!) then that can help. Make sure you sit down at the table, put the cookie on a plate, have a glass of water (or milk) with it, and take your time to enjoy each bite.

This really resonated with me. I struggled a bit with feeling hungry this past week. But I ate my points, had 21 weekly points left over, and lost 2 pounds. I really need to assess my "hunger" and its causes. On Saturday in particular, I was not feeling well, and felt really hungry, and my husband said "how much water have you had today", and I realized... none. That's all I needed to pick me up.

As for me this past week was a success:
1) Had points left over at the end of the week
2) Lost two pounds!
3) Went to dinner at my favorite restaurant, made a good healthy choice (instead of pizza or eggplant manicotti I had a salmon Caesar salad!)
4) I enjoyed every bite of that salmon Caesar salad because I SLOWED DOWN to eat it

Today is the start of week 3 for me, let's hope I can keep the momentum going through Christmas!
abinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #68  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello!

I am having a wonderful day today. Its a bit busy and we are in a Heavy snowfall warning (its blowing and snowy - not nice) buts its still a great day!!

I had my weigh in this morning...... I am down 2.2lbs! Yay!! 3lbs and I'll be in the 140's and at my Christmas goal I am excited today (if you couldn't tell lol)

Hope you all are having a fantastic day
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 170/161/145

I know a lot of you have mentioned the new changes to the program, and concerns about that... I got work from my mom-in-law that it basically does away with tracking and points altogether. Has anyone received this new info at their meetings?

On a completely unrelated note... We just had our work holiday luncheon today. While I totally BUSTED my daily points, I feel like I did a really good job or portion control and eating slowly. And I didn't go back for seconds (or thirds) and only chose deserts that had fruit in them (so it's still pie, but its better than a bunch of cookies and chocolate right???). Also, I take comfort in knowing that it's these kind of occasions that your extra points are there for (right?).
abinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #70  
Less of a Better Me

No it does not do away with tracking and points.

There is new 2 week start for new members called Simple Start. It is similar to Simply Filling. You get a limited choice of foods and can spend 7 points a day on specified indulgences. This lasts for 2 weeks.

I do think they plan to emphasize Simply Filling more. Lots of people don't like to track everything they eat and think that tracking all their points is too difficult.

However, everyone has the option to use Points Plus or Simply Filling - which is exactly the same as it was. There is no change.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #71  

Today starts day 5 for me. I feel like I'm doing well, no major challenges except eating all my points! In fact I've been a few points under every day -- I just don't WANT more food! A couple days I've had to go back after dinner (normally, when I'm done with dinner I am DONE) and have a handful of nuts in order to bring my points up ... will be interesting to see what the scale says Sunday morning.

Went Christmas caroling yesterday for the first time in years. In high school and college I sang in choirs and acapella chamber music groups, and when DH & I would go to the spa in our little community we would sing together because the acoustics were good but the last couple years he hasn't wanted to go and I haven't been singing much. I was shocked to find my middle range is basically gone. Guess I'll have to start consciously singing a couple times a week or I'll lose it altogether.

We had fun though. They had a parade of decorated golf carts and the people we sang to were those who have been ill recently or who are moving out of the community soon. One lady was so touched she cried. Three of the households brought out cookies (which I passed on) and it did help generate some Christmas spirit.

Other than that, no news to report ... still awaiting birth of grandchild #4, Dylan Thomas, scheduled to make his appearance on the 23rd ...

Last edited by ladynredd; 12-19-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 270/180/155

Height: 5' 1"

Gonna hang out here if that's ok! Happy to have a place for help and some WW tips and conversation!
FluffyGirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 270/180/155

Height: 5' 1"

By the way..just finished week 1 with no loss...but I didn't use my activity points or my weeklies....wondering if that will make a diff?
FluffyGirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #74  

Welcome, FluffyGirl! This is my first week back on WW. Why wait for New Year's?

It's been quiet here the last week, I imagine everyone is rushing around getting ready for Christmas.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #75  
Less of a Better Me

In general, calories still count. So if you eat your activity points and your weekly points you will lose at a slower rate. You will usually still lose, just not as quickly. I personally don't eat my activity points but eat some of my weekly points (usually about half of them).

As you get closer to your goal weight it gets harder to lose though. My DH is 9 pounds from goal and is losing very slowly.

On doing week 1, did you do it points plus or did you do simple start?

If you did points plus did you weigh foods? It helps early on especially to weight food to make sure of serving size.

Also, how many fruits/veggie servings were you eating. Some people go overboard on fruit and don't lose as a result.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote