Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #61  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
You can hang onto mine too!
Keep yer fat

Susan -- More snow??? You're gonna have to put some studded tires or get a stud, whichever comes first
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

No today was beautiful! And I don't really want you to go swimming in cold water.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #63  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
No today was beautiful! And I don't really want you to go swimming in cold water.
Oh I get it ...
Old 04-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #64  
Mel

Can you keep my fat too?
Meg- Unfortunately we are pretty good at renovation projects. We've done just about everything except build a house from scratch. The only major mishap was when I soldered the caps on water pipes a very long time ago and they didn't hold when we turned the water back on I'm still not allowed to try that again. I'm not fond of major electrical, but Jon will do that and I'll do anything with wood, plaster, paint or tile. Saves a lot of money, but it sure gets old by the 5th house!

I just wish we'd put in a self-cleaning kitchen.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:26 AM   #65  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all you busy peeps!

Feeling slightly better today - I'm going out on a wedding dress adventure soon! After a shower and spruce-up so I don't smell!

Just got odd stomach pains rather than aching all over I hate being sick! Means I can't do all the stuff I want to - like vacuuming the carpet and tidying the house!

Right, off to get clean - see you lighter
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:48 AM   #66  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Morning Ladies (and any men who are reading).

Its a lovely day here. I've had a good upper body training session and all my muscles are nicely warm. I can't quite figure out why my knee is hurting, though.

Thank you VERY much for the recipe for the oats/cottage cheese/egg whites pancakes. I have been putting off making them because it sounded a strange combination but I made it this morning and it was absolutely delicious. Over here we get bags of mixed frozen fruits and I defrosted a mixture with black cherries/ blueberries/ raspberries and blackberries and had it hot on top of the pancake. Yum!

My husband loves doing home improvements but he usually waits until he's half way through a project before telling me he hasn't done that particular job before. We've only once had to get in a professional when things went wrong and it wasn't (really) DH's fault!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #67  

I was at the gym at 5 am. Got to love CNN what stories they have got, polygamy, FEMA trailers, and raunchy ads. What a start to the day.

Lower Body workout was great though the bending over and pull yourself up equipment was constantly busy. Instead I used the Butt Buster this morning, what a hoot for some reason I was really amused by it and it does target those hamstrings and the butt.

I weighted in at WW last night, highest I have ever been so I am back to honestly tracking my food more carefully. Started off my determination with the Organic Os from Trader Joe's, yum, high fiber and great with a banana.

SUSAN B - DH is recovering, no thanks to any nursing on my part, but at least he is over the "woe is me" stage, he chatted with his mom for 20 minutes last night, he knows it could be worse. He could be eating there every night. LOL. I noticed you are biking in April, I did 30 minutes on the bike this morning, talk about an area that needs to be toughened up. Do tell the results of the steel cut oats? How else would they be cut??

ILENE - Happy happy on the great overall day.

Glad I have a DD, she sleeps for hours on end while sick, the hardest part is to keep the fluids going but once I remind of it, she just does it and then reads a book until she falls asleep. Just like her mom.

MEG - I am the Clerk of the home improvement works in our house, DH and I do not work well together on home improvement, I plan out each detail with a schedule and list of materials, measurements and checks. He buys some stuff at HD, rips out a wall and then plays a video game. Hence, I have no outsdie bathroom wall, I am actually getting used to it, sort of a modern art statement.

2FRU - Will there be more pictures I hope? Good luck with the dresses.

Probably take the weekend off from the gym though we are hiking tomorrow and I may do something at home on Sunday before company come. I do not think knitting and talking really is that serious of a burn.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:12 AM   #68  

I think some oats are rolled? Anybody know? That's what the packages say.
These are kind bits instead of flakes. I put them in the crock last night. DH enjoyed them. Just kinda shrugged when I asked if they were any good/better/different.
I nuked mine at about 8:30. I'm a bit leary. I'm a terrible carb person. Once I start eating them I can't get quit. But so far so good. I tried them plain just to kinda get a feel. I liked them. Nice oaty taste.
I'm getting bad (because I haven't been working much) for waiting until later in the morning to have anything. So I'll have my 'breakfast' shake at almost noon like always and see how that goes.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #69  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I've never heard of steel cut oats until I read about them on this MB - all I've ever seen for sale are rolled porridge oats. I shall have to investigate at a health food shop, when I can find one. Bigger oats are more expensive but they are still 'rolled' - then there's the instant gluey stuff which tastes more like baby food than porridge (oatmeal).

Susan, I can't eat high GI carbs because I get a drop in blood sugar levels after eating them which makes me want more and more AND MORE - but I can eat low GI carbs in a relatively 'normal' way and oats are low GI.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #70  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I buy 'oat groats' at a wholefood shop. They are as they come from the ear but without the husk. I've assumed that 'steel cut oats' are oat groats cut in two (or possibly more but that would make the pieces small) by a steel blade. They're not expensive here.

Soak overnight or cook a bit the night before (no microwave here but I suppose you could do something with that). Very creamy, filling and delicious. I have this porage with cottage cheese, berries, wheatgerm and sometimes a few seeds or chopped nuts. And skimmed milk. And a cup of coffee.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

I know Mel loves steelcut oats, but I still prefer the large flaked oatmeal. In the warmer weather I just let my oatmeal soak in soymilk or regular milk and eat it just like that with raisins and sometimes sunflower seeds and bran...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #72  
in development

Mmm. That's one of my alternatives. I call it muesli. I've got a big tub of it already made up with the oatflakes and assorted dried fruit, nuts and seeds. Surely you cannot get a more healthy breakfast!!

Have a good weekend, everyone. And a clean one! (Talking to myself here as much as you.)
Old 04-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #73  

I was starving in about an hour and ten minutes. Empty stomach, growling type hunger. But I quite enjoyed them. I'll just have to slot them in later in the day, I guess. It'd make a good bedtime snack too.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #74  
in development

Susan - Did you have them with all the extras? That keeps me going for 2.5 to 3 hours and that's all I ask before more food!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #75  
Mel

Quote:
I was starving in about an hour and ten minutes.
Did you have any protein with them????? I'd have about 5 egg whites.....

I haven't had steel cut oats in a few years! I still have a can somewhere- I'll have to dig it out and see if they are still edible.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote