Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

SUSAN !! I woke up to SNOW this morning!!! I know you sent it my way just so you could go biking! Sheeesh some peoples .... It's leg day for me too and I'm happy with THAT at least ...

SarahAnn -- Don't let us scare you away, come in the water is fine...

Later all I'm off to the gym... TTFN ...

Oh, AND "Let's be careful out there!"
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #17  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

It was leg day for me as well! Owwwww! I'm sure I'll get used to it soon but right now my legs feel

PLEASE don't send the snow my way, its cold and windy but sunny here in Yorkshire.

Enjoy the gym everyone
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #18  

Hating the scale this morning as it is going up, though only a pound, not what I want.

Got to the gym yesterday morning and got home at 6:30 and found DD was sick or suffering from allergies, which ever it was, glad I had gone to the gym as we both stayed home. I am thinking it is allergies as I am feeling so tired.

Trainer didn't show on Friday but hey, the main goal was accomplished and I was at the gym for 2 hours, so I feel like the day was just fine without her.

We hiked on Sunday, an hour and a half, DD is really good up to that point, though this 7 YO's scouting spirit can make me pause, she is very confident about setting off to blaze the trail on her own. Glad she has her whistle and the dog with her, he doesn't let anyone near her especially if we are huffing and puffing our way along behind.

SILVER - Working on a clean week too, though also working a long day from 8 am to about 10 pm, which means I usually don't hit the gym on the next day. I find that sleep deprivation hits me very hard. I do have the gym bag packed just in case though.

NELIE - Your eating out sounds like mine on Saturday, didn't get breakfast at all before leaving the house so we pulled into McDonald's to feed DD her fix and I grabbed the fruit and yogurt, not bad, gave the walnuts to DH and it held me until we went out for Italian with his mom, I had exactly what I wanted but only a half portion and salad, that is real progress for me.

RABBIT - Sounds stressful with those sleepovers.

ILENE - Big congrats on the soon to be Nursing student and saving money. Maybe he can take care of your blood work in the future??

MEL - Looking at 6 clients in a row does sound really really tough, I hope it works out well and you get some help with those weights.

SUSAN B - I ain't never going biking in the snow, though here in Boston, we have the possibility of snow tomorrow, it won't stick. I am a fair weather biker for sure.

Welcome Sarah, BFL is a great resource, I like the directions.

I feel caught up now.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The snow was gone really. It was cold and windy but OK. No slippin' and slidin'.

I love 3fc .... where else in the world can you go and ask ... "Hey, everybody? How's yer butt?"

I wratched my magazines out too. It was fun! Hard work but fun.

I did that one in Mar 05 Shape, called v-glute bench lift. Lifting my legs felt good but it was really hard for me to then pull my legs together. Do you think I've been neglecting something? What muscle groups could I work at to make that better?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Susan - my butt is FINE! Oooh yeah! Crackin' er... peanuts?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated

I need to spread some super around let's hear about your good day!
Me me me. I'm have a wonderful day, too. Great water aerobics this morning. The sun is positively blazing through my window. I have a tasty lunch of leftover dinner steak, whole-wheat mini pitas, fruit and yogurt, and this week's board meeting is shaping up nicely. Life is good.

Welcome Sarah Ann. I know all about that cold and windy weather in Yorkshire. Many many years ago, DH and I spent a lovely week touring the area, with one little problem. It sleeted/rained/drizzled and blew most of the time we were there. And it was the LAST WEEK OF MAY! But it was gorgeous country. We'd love to visit again!

Mel (and Meg), I've said it once and I'll say it again, I wish you were here. I'm about to start a search for a new trainer. Once I find exactly the right person, I'm going to be set, but finding him or her is such a challenge.

SusanB, I saw that workout in Shape. Is it just me, or are their workouts looking better these days? It's probably just my imagination. I've liked some of the ideas I've seen in Oxygen, too, although the format of that magazine drives me nuts. Too jumbled in my opinion.

to everyone else!
Airegrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Hi all you loverly people..

It's so long since my last check in....working as a personal trainer is wreaking havoc with the rest of my life. I've been working both early mornings and evenings with my regular job sandwiched in...took a toll initially with my energy level...was just exhausted, but am learning to schedule and deal with the longer days. Am finding out the good and bad of working where I am, and trying to deal with a mixed bag. But...I love training...I love working with people and trying to help them feel better about themselves. I initially thought I would get lots of comments from people about being overweight myself (by a good 15 lbs) but noone has said anything, and they seem to accept me as I am, which is really nice.

People are so interesting....you meet so many different types of people...and most of them have problems that you have to work around and accommodate...it's a challenge, as Meg and Mel certainly know...and it's exciting when you feel that you are successful.

As for my own workouts. I am trying to get back under control now that my sleep patterns have kind of straightened out...and I am determined to stop yo-yoing and head on downwards pound wise. I am certainly getting stronger...demonstrating squats and lunges every day has helped heal the muscles weakened by my knee laproscopy (sp?), and I am feeling fit again.

So nice to check in to meet all sorts of new people as well as "old-timers"...will try to check in more regularly.

Wishing you all a great day and week.

Susan
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #23  

Artmaker/Susan .... I was thinking about you the other day. Someone posted a question about thyroid ... that's you right? If I find the thread I'll post a link.

Good to see you around!
Old 04-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #24  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
Artmaker/Susan .... I was thinking about you the other day. Someone posted a question about thyroid ... that's you right? If I find the thread I'll post a link.
We've got too many Susans!! The hypothyroid Susan is Quilter in VA.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM   #25  

hockeychick is a Susan too, and there's a suddenlysusan .... Most of the way through elementary school there were three Susan's in my class. I guess it was a trendy name at the time.
Did you know that Sigourney Weaver's name is really Susan?
Maybe quilter Susan found the thread because I never did.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #26  

SUSAN - Being 15 pounds over your ideal wt and being a trainer isn't an issue I should think, because, I personally feel better working with someone who is real rather than unrealistic, so if you have a strong and supportive manner when you are training, I should think that is the point, at least it is for me.

Speaking of squats, both DH and I are marveling at how we can get down and play with DD as well as at work. I can actually stand up from a chair as opposed to manuever myself, those squats and lifts are working.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #27  
Working My Way Back Down

LWL!! I'm back from my 2 week break, and aside from being slightly jet-lagged from time change and flying from east coast to Alaska (11 hours), I'm feeling good. While I didn't do as much exercise as I had optimistically hoped to, esp the week of my conference, I did do quite a bit, esp cardio, and am, I think, down about 2 lbs! I'm not weighing for a couple days at home since I tend to retain water when flying.

I've just read last week's and this week's "general" threads as I've not had a lot of time.

Welcome Sarah - I feel I know you a little as I often lurk at at the UK threads. I know you get lots of cardio in walking doggies.

Hope you're feeling a little better Mel. Sounds like life is running you around instead of the other way around...

Meg - you'll move up from those pink weights quickly.

Frus - I'm grinning at the visual of you doing kickboxing in the parking lot at lunch. Tooo funny.

Rabbit - happy belated birthday! I'll echo everyone else, one day at a time. You're doing great overall.

Susan - biking in the snow - yuck! I had lovely, lovely spring weather in Massachusetts and Maine last week. Have come home to overcast skies, still in the 40's (F) and many patches of snow...

I'm back to the gym tomorrow I think. Tonight I need to sleep - never mind unpack (got home about 11:30 last night) - and reacquaint myself with DH and the felines. Looking forward to chatting with you all again more.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #28  
aka Superwoman!

Hello Pat - welcome back! Oh and Susan Artmaker, welcome back too!

Susan B - Well done riding in the snow! Did you feel all virtuous afterwards?

My back is playing up - nice sciatica! But I'm doing ok, I think it will pass eventually - it usually does. I managed to get in 20 minutes running before kickboxing last night, then I kickboxed, then I got home and collapsed with dodgy leg pain!

I got into work about 25 minutes early this morning - partially because I left early and partially because there was no traffic. I think I'm going to try and do some weights in the morning - just a few exercises every day! It's worked for my running - a few minutes every lunch, makes it easier to fit in! I think I will start making our lunches the night before too - so there really is no excuse!

Right - plan for today, run at lunch, nap after work and a weights workout.

See you all lighter
Old 04-05-2006, 04:44 AM   #29  

Hi LWL,

Sounds like you all are having a great week!.
Artmaker, Pat...welcome back !

I'm having a good week so far. the tiredness has lifted, and also the stomach-ache. As I said, probabely stress. it went away all of a sudden after talking to my lawyer. Hurrah for good lawyers!!!

As my enery level is slightly higher, it is easier to work out. Monday I went to power class, and today I did 20 mins elliptical and 1 hour power class. No wieght loss for ages, but I imagine that I am getting to see muscles!!!

Here is a comical remark from my DD (who is 11 yrs old, 1m38 long and weight about 25 - 26 kg): The girls at school had remarked on her "dimply butt". They had discovered in the locker room that she has dimples at the side of her buttocks, and the other girls do not have them. So I told her : that is because YOU have MUSCLE there, and that I personally would LOVE to have a "dimply butt".

have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:09 AM   #30  
aka Superwoman!

Oh I would KILL for butt dimples!