Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #31  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

I realied i spelled snacks wrong and i also had other things that i had probelms with and that was eating at night which is the worst part.
Lose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:42 PM   #32  
Kee

WOW! What Am i doing with myself??? I think i am about to eat myself to death for the past week i have ate non-stop. I ate half of A HUge cake!! Why i ask my slef over and over again!?!?!?! And I HAVE NO IDEA!!!Gosh this is so depressing! I just want school to be over, and i want 2006 to over, and most of all i want this eating to be over. I need to get a hold of my self. I NEED TO STOP! Starting tomorrow my goal is to eat three times a day and eat three good meals.

Damn...Why Is This Happening to ME?!!?!!!! :@
Old 12-25-2006, 07:39 AM   #33  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

OK, Lose25. Just simmer down a minute. Take a deep breath and relax.

You are so stressed out. If you don't change something you might get really sick. I don't mean about food, I mean about the stress. You are taking on way way too much, girl! It's no wonder you overeat--it's probably the only way your body feels like you are taking care of yourself.

Why do you have to work 42 hours a week? Do you really have to do that? Why not cut back so you will have some leisure time? I know you probably need the money but there is no end to needing more money. What you need is down time, and you're the only one who can give it to you.

You don't have to be the mom. You just think you do. I've been in your position, and I thought I had to solve everything, too. I was wrong about that. And I sure didn't get a lot of appreciation.

I think you would find it just as stressful to be living somewhere else on your own. You want to get away because of what it's like at home, but if you would stop trying to run everything you might find it's a little easier. You took on a job no one asked you to do. Also, if you were not working all the time, you might find you don't feel so much like running away.

Now about food. Three meals a day is standard, but most people include two or three snacks in between, even when dieting. If you were eating enough food during the course of a day, you would not be so inclined to binge when you do stop to eat.

You seem to be good at taking charge of things like helping the others with homework, so probably you can take charge of your own food. Start by making sure you always have some good, healthy snacks with you, so that if you get hungry you can eat something other than junk. This could be a healthy snack bar, a half a sandwich, some nuts and dried fruits, some real fruits like apples. You get the idea. And when you are hungry before bed, try to concentrate on whole foods like lowfat milk, fruits, whole grains instead of going for the cake.

Mainly, try to chill!!!!!! Living on the edge can be exciting, but there is an end to the fun. Being filled with hate all the time is no way to live.

Good luck in the new year!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 307/179/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey there. Don't beat yourself up over the fact that you swayed from your 'diet'. (I prefer to call it living a healthy lifestyle). If you allow yourself one day that's your free day that might be easier for you. You usually find that you won't eat like a maniac that day even though its your 'free day' because you know you worked hard all week on maintaining your goals. You are more likely to eat one thing that you love, or just have a meal that you wouldn't normally eat through the other six days. Even if you do slip up and eat something that you wished you hadn't, move on, continue to eat healthy the remainder of the day. Don't start over with the notion, I'll start again tomorrow because simply that day usually doesn't come. If you have cravings on an ongoing basis, it could because you are cutting out too many carbohydrates (you can usually tell by the fact that you are getting bad breath on an ongoing basis from the lack of carbos). Chromium may help stop your sugar cravings but so do things with high-fiber.
Remember we are all human, its natural to slip and slide on things but that does not mean to give up. Up and onward I always say.

Last edited by Paborsky; 12-25-2006 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Paborsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #35  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I was having a very similar problem. I had gained around 25 pounds, maybe a bit more and I thought that if I just started "watching what I ate" it would come off eventually. That didn't happen, so I started reading the posts here, starting with the goals and before and after threads. Then either through links here or through my own web searching I started figuring out some basic facts about nutrition. I figured out that for my height, weight, activity level, I needed to eat aroun 1670 cals a day to lose a pound a week and around 1420 to lose 1.5. To lose 2 pounds a week I would have to so severly restrict my caloric intake to a point that i wouldn't get all the nutrients I needed so I realized this was going to take me a while. I think it's important to accept that. (I've been averaging around 1520 a day and exercising way more than I originally thought I would.)
It's better to lose it slowly by changing your lifestyle then losing it in two weeks with some weird crash diet which is impossible to maintain.
Long story short...the whole calories in calories out is true. I started logging everyithing i ate (fitday is free) and even when I ate really high calorie foods I logged it. After about a week, I came to realize (a) I was eating way more than I needed to (b) if i ate healthy fruits/veg etc. I could easily stay within my budget of calories and never be hungry. For me, nothing is forbidden b/c if i feel I "can't" eat something, that thing will be the object of my obsession until i eat it. So I tell myself I can eat anything as long as I log it and stay within my budget. What ends up happening is that it becomes easier for me to say no to things b/c I know that I will have to log it. It also makes me exercise when I feel lazy b/c I want to log it so the numbers are less daunting.
This takes the mystery out of it for me. When the scale doesn't move I know it's b/c I ate X amount and I only burned X amount. Something about that makes me feel like i'm in control.
sorry this is so long
hth

Last edited by nomorefatpants; 12-25-2006 at 05:58 PM.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:19 PM   #36  
Kee

Hey All..
I am hoping to gain control when iam done school. Like everyone keeps telling me iam doing way too much. So hopefully when iam done school in jauary i can start everything a fresh. And doning too much wont be a problem. I just feel that no matter what i wont be able to lose there 30lbs. I have been trying since september and i dont know what i am doing wrong. Do you guys think i should join some group or read some kind of a diet book. I know You On A Diet Is huge so i was thinking of buying that book and trying it. or Dr.Phill's book.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #37  
Kee

TO all of You who gave me encouragment i thank you all from the bottom of my heart! And here is the good news (thanks to you guys) I started my new "LifeStyle' Today (gosh that sounds better than diet) . ANd so far i have been doing great! I think one of the hardest things for me was getting back on the diet And well HERE iam back on the wagon and iam praying to god that i wont fail this time. It scares the **** out of me thinking of failing but i know i can do this this time around. So here is what i ate....

I had cereal & Milk for breakfast
Lunch was a Bolgona sandwich with Tomatoes and lettuce
snack was one cup of cereal
dinner was lassi some rice chicken and a few other veggies It was take out but i didnt eat a lot of it!

And for excercising i walked home.

Oh and more good news iam getting a treadmil before the end of the week And also i got a sauna Belt.

Anyways wish me luck i g2g
Xox Beyonca
Old 12-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #38  
Kee

My third day on my diet and iam already nervous! I havent excercised yet but i will be when the holidays are over or maybe before that. I have Decied to set three small goals every month that i will try to accomplish starting from Jan-May.

My Goals For January

1. Eat Breakfast EVERYDAY
2. Drink Lots Of Water
3. Stay Away From Sugary Foods
4. Excercise
Old 12-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #39  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Excellent goals, Beyonca!! We are rooting for ya!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #40  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Love the goals, You have a great start and wonderful support here. Keep on writing and Let us know how your doing. I was looking into that book also. guess I will have to hit amazon next YOu can do this, baby steps
Anna
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #41  
Kee

thank You. I hopefully can do this. I ate two cimamon rolls today which wasnt good but thats okay i wont beat myself up for a small mistake. I will make up for it. The main thing is i dont want to eat over 2000 points.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:01 PM   #42  
Kee

Well Happy New Year To all. Today after the count down is both of my sisters birthdays! No they arent twins they just have the same birthday which is Jan.1. Today is a huge test for me because there will be plenty of food and lots of cake. So hopefully i dont fall off the wagon, because it will be the hardest thing to do is getting back on the wagon. I wish you all a happy new year, and i have a great feeling about 2007 i know i can lose this 30lbs.

Happy New Year to all ANd thank you all for your support through my ups and downs. TO all A HAppY and GReat New YEar and May All of your dreams, hopes, and wishes come true in 07.

CHeers To All
BEyonca
Old 12-31-2006, 04:40 PM   #43  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

And HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, Beyonca!!!! Stay with your goals! And check in with us here--we are all in it together.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 214/206/150

Height: 5' 4"

There have been great responses to the question of why do we gorge and hate ourselves later. It begins with why we overeat to start with. then onto why don't we stop when we aren't even hungry. If we knew the answers we would be rich. It is something that you have to look into yourself to see. It is frustration with some part of our lives we cannot control. We can control what goes into our mouths. And only having low fat goodies around is the best start. Popcorn and pretzels can be eaten in large amounts without ruining all you have worked for. Just keep telling yourself that you will do better and starting with just a little exercise each day will keep you wanting to eat better since you are doing that.
Good Luck to you and just remember, we are all human and have all been there.
ellencrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:48 PM   #45  
Kee

Well I did Fall Off The wagon BUT i dont really regret it much. I know i will do MUCH better tomorow in 2007!!!! I ate lots of pizza but tomorrow i will do better. Tomorrow I will do really well I just know it. I cant wait to start 2007 with a new fresh start and new ideas on weight loss. I know i can do this!