Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2006, 03:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Ugh, I am totally bummed tonight! Tomorrow is my weigh in day, and I've been SO good with exercise.. BUT!! Today I fell and twisted my ankle! I've elevated it, iced it, all of that stuff.. but it's still pretty darn discouraging!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

I'm still a pound down- haven't had a second to update my tracker but I am now 168 (18 down in total)

I can only think that the chocolate and cheesecake I ate at the weekend has not settled anywhere yet... Must be very good this week.
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

PS. I'm not 168, I'm 166. My mind works in English stones!
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #19  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Aimee that sucks!!! I bust myself up too sometimes or get sick and feel sooooo frustrated that Im going to be slowed down and I have no control over it.
Just do a lot of upper body work... I bet you could figure out a way to get cardio without your legs... or at least close to it... and continue to eat properly, cause you dont need an ankle for that!
You will be fine, it'll be over soon, just DONT try to exercise on it and make it worse and prolong the injury! =O
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #20  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Well I weighed in and didnt lose this week, im thinking all those cupcakes I had , had something to do with it. I did have chinese food last night. I shouldnt eat that the day before my weigh in, especially at 9 pm. But its ok. Ill just kick booty this week!!

Good job to all the losers!! Keep it up!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to everyone!! We're definitely on the way to meeting our goals!

OK, so I am totally having scale issues. I don't think the cheap digital scale I just got is entirely accurate, so I'm going to go back to my regular old scale. I know that sounds like an excuse, but I swear the scale says completely different things each time I get on it...I mean, we're talking a three pound discrepancy when I get on it once and then wait 5 minutes and get on in again. I made my boyfriend weigh himself too, and the same thing happened to him. Then I tried it again and it was still happening. Anyway...I'll be using the regular old scale, which means no more tracking by half pounds. I originally bought the digital one so I could be more accurate in tracking my loss, but now I just don't trust it! Guess I shouldn't have been a cheapskate when it came to getting a scale!

Now for my weigh-in...I'm down to 162 on the old scale. I checked to make sure my old scale was accurate by putting my free weights on it. I tried this with the digital one but it wasn't enough weight for it to register. OK...I'll stop rambling now!
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

PeeB - it feels pretty devastating!! I cried, but not because of the pain, only because its a big set back for me.. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm doing a 10k run/walk on Sunday, and I'm really pushing for a good time.. and it means a lot to me. I should be fine by Sunday, I just needed this week to train to get my time down a bit more.. You are right though, I may try and do some leg strengthening exercises! Thanks for the reply and advice!

I weighed today, and I ate a horrible dinner yesterday.. but this morning I am down 1 pound!! Yay!! You gals seem to be my lucky charms! Normally I'd be up after that dinner I ate!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Wow I lost you all when the thread moved . I am glad to have found you. Without support I am afraid I gained 2 lbs this week. I am hoping to lose the 2 plus more by next wednesday.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #24  

lovemy-

You know I noticed the same thing with my digital scale. I am going to weigh in on my reg old scale and see what it says. I will let you know after I do it. I get very frustrated with the major swings in weight from 1 minute to the next on the digital scale.

Nikki
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki128
lovemy-

You know I noticed the same thing with my digital scale. I am going to weigh in on my reg old scale and see what it says. I will let you know after I do it. I get very frustrated with the major swings in weight from 1 minute to the next on the digital scale.

Nikki

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! The whole thing kind of bothered me because when you're trying to track weekly weight loss, discrepancies of 3 pounds is a big difference! I'm back to the old scale, I guess.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #26  

I tried the old scale and it says the same weight for today. I think from now on I will check both and see what happens lol. I was honestly hoping that It would be 2 lbs less on the regular old scale LOL. I find the digital good because eve if it is a .2 lb loss it makes me happy but the discrepencies got to go. I have one of those WW scales which do you have?

Love and Light
Nikki
Old 04-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki128
I tried the old scale and it says the same weight for today. I think from now on I will check both and see what happens lol. I was honestly hoping that It would be 2 lbs less on the regular old scale LOL. I find the digital good because eve if it is a .2 lb loss it makes me happy but the discrepencies got to go. I have one of those WW scales which do you have?

Love and Light
Nikki

The brand name on mine is Taylor...I think it was like $10 at Target.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:34 PM   #28  

he he ok well here is to losing weight on both types of scales !
Old 04-20-2006, 10:44 AM   #29  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Im having a problem staying OP this week for some reason!!! I need to get my focus back. I start out every morning telling myself im going to stick to my points and write everything down. I do good, until dinner and like last night, we went to a new restaurant and I have NO idea how many points my meal was, so I feel like a blew it!! Im slacking on writing everything down too. Im getting lazy and thats what got me to where im at today!! AHHH!!! Hope you guys are doing great!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:46 AM   #30  

I am bummed I ate good yesterday and show no loss today. It could be the feta cheese I had last night though.