Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #121  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Is it to late to join the FUN?!

I need a place to come to get and give. I can't believe where I am at in my weight! Where did it come from? Oh well, no time to think about that, onward and upward( I sound so profound, not) Love reading from everyone and I hope we can do this. I will cut my goal to 20lbs(I don't want to feel like a failure if I don't succeed, I'm already there), and we'll go from there. I am going to try the journal thing that Leigh talked about. I have done this before but I always forget to write things down, but I will really, really try this time, I promise . Just so you know I don't think I will post my weight but my weight loss instead, OK? OK!Talk to you all later.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:17 AM   #122  

Height: 5"4

What do you guys think a reasonable goal for April 1st would be for me? I have only been dieting about a week and have lost 6lbs yay me! I know I will loose more quickly in the beginning and that's okay. I'm at 254 now. Any suggestions for a goal by April 1st?
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:28 AM   #123  
Egy Kis Lany

Ok, I'm back down to my pre-Christmas weight. *phew*
I'm still pretty sketch yon the exercise, but I know that I'll do better when I have the gym at my new apartment. Eeep! I can't wait!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #124  

Cinnamon-
I think if you have more to lose, maybe 10 lbs a month? When you get down towards your goal weight, it is harder to lose and comes off slower.
chrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #125  

I just weighed myself for the first time during this holiday season. Ack! I'm at my highest weight ever. I'm very disappointed in myself. But I am going to learn how to have control over food and not let it control me.

I think I'm going to stick with a conservative 20lb loss for April 1st. I tend to get very excited about losing weight and end up giving up because I lose motivation. This year it's going to be all about baby steps. I've made a list of goals for each month and will try to stick to those.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies better, and I will be checking in every day.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:57 AM   #126  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

True...I think I have set myself to big of a goal too but I am going to keep tring to go for it....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:23 AM   #127  

What sort of exercise do you all do? I like to walk, but it's too cold here in the am(and it doesn't get light until almost 6:30) and by the time I get home from work, it's dark again. I have the Firm system, which I'm going to use. I bought it about a year ago and only used it once. I am also thinking about buying the Yourself!Fitness dvd. Has anyone used this? I love hiking. My husband and I will try to go hiking Sunday and Monday, so that will be fun.

Anyway, what do you all do for exercise?
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:28 AM   #128  
2006 Resolution~Drink H20

Hi All... I decided to weigh myself twice a week for now, but no more than that. I realize my weight will fluctuate with water intake (and "outtake"!) so I don't want to weigh everyday and perhaps become disappointed. I will begin student teaching in a few weeks and am sooo worried that my newly established semi-good eating habits will turn to pot.

Did you guys decide to start a new thread? Just let me know so I can pack up my water and scales... I'll meet you there!

Nona
Arizona Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:41 PM   #129  

Default Exersize

I just pulled up my gym schedule (havent been since october, can you believe it? bad bad me), and checked my yoga times. I love yoga because it feeds the spirit as well as helps me get in shape, and if i cant do something like stand on my head-have you ever seen a pear upside down? - its okay, its dark and quiet.

they also have an abs and core class that i am thinking about trying with my daughter, she has a herniated disc, and its exactly what she needs. other than that, we like to ride the stationary bikes, swim, and walk the dogs, none of which i do with enough regularity. so i guess i have an exersize regimen, i just never partake, lol..
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:27 PM   #130  
Working on Hot!

I did not get to take my walk today but I will be back to it in the new year....I am going to add another lap...When I walk I sleep better and get more rest....I really feel better after my workout I do at night I do it after I eat and it make me feel no as full....
Old 12-30-2005, 03:50 PM   #131  

exercise...

i like to walk but what i really love is dancing. i want to get to the stage where i am fit enough to go back to dancing classes. last time i went i put my back out and was in bed for 2 days. and a couple of times i have been out for a boogie with the girls and pulled muscles in my back.

soooo... i need to get fit, but also i need to stretch all my muscles and get them limber so a burst of exercise doesn't do me in. i have also been having massage as i have a lot of tension and pain in my back, shoulders, butt and hips. it is PAINFUL!!!

hey i like the idea of using the steno pad with one side for your diet and exercise and the other for your thoughts and feelings. i think it's good to put ALL your feelings in there. good and bad as it will help you see how far you've come. you'll be able to look back and see how much better you're doing

also food and mood are often linked. either you ate because of your mood, OR sometimes certain foods affect mood. eg you might have a sugar high and then a sugar low. or maybe you're allergic to foods and feel bloated so it's good to put everything in there. i do mine on the computer but i am thinking a book is a great idea so you can jot stuff in it when you're out and about
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #132  
Working on Hot!

oh yea is just like master card i dont leave home without it....or is that visa...
Old 12-30-2005, 06:17 PM   #133  
Losing for Life!

Thumbs up

Emerald dragonfly: 18 pounds is a great goal. I am sure you will do great!

**Stacye**: This is going great and I am sure we will have great success!

Sweet_pea: Thanks, I didn’t realize we would have such a great turnout for this thread. It is sure keeping me busy which keeps me out of the kitchen!

Kethyhegg: I know you will find it very helpful to track both your food and exercise. I know my son has been doing it faithfully for the past year and he always knows exactly where he is with his weight. He also weighs himself every morning and it is interesting to note that his weight increases at the same time of the month as mine does!

Leigh: You are so right, it is so important to be positive, yesterday as I excercised I kept chanting “I love exercise, it makes me feel good” over and over. I will convince myself that it is the best thing going if it kills me! I am sure you will have a good weigh in on Monday, we are all going to great this week!

Jailene: You sure have a hectic life, but remember you need to put yourself first to be able to take care of all of them! One of our mini challenges next month is going to be taking 15 minutes for yourself each day!

Morgan: You are so right! About taking care of yourself. Good job with the weight loss that is fantastic! I find I usually lose 4-5 pounds the first three weeks than taper off to 1-3 from then on. This time though I am averaging 3 pounds most weeks I think it has to do with my supplements.

ScrappinRN: Welcome and you are so not a failure! Coming here to share with us is a great step and one that a successful person makes! You are on the right track and in the right place!

Cinnamonspice: Welcome! A reasonable goal is 1-2 pounds a week so 20 would be a great goal for you that is 1.5 pounds per week but if you want to go a little less 15 would be great too. Congrats on that 1st week loss, you are off to a great start!

PhysDom: I know you will get going on the exercise soon (me too) Moving will be great exercise you will be working hard I know. But what fun to get into a new place!

Darby! : Welcome! It can be hard to stay motivated but I can assure you that if you come here often and post you will do well. I did great with the Christmas challenge just knowing I had everyone there to get support, advice and motivation from. I bought a video by Leslie Sansone, she does in home walking tapes. And for someone with a lot to lose they are just great. I got the easiest one she has and it was so good I am looking forward to doing more.

Arizonagirl: I will restart the Thread each Monday with the same title and the new date so you will just check in every Monday for that days date!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:32 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

i'd like to join this challenge too.
It's New Year's Eve here in New Zealand so I'm geared up and excited for the start of the New Year tomorrow.
I think I'll make my goal to lose to get as close to my goal as possible.Maybe a loss of 25 pounds, which I know I can do if I work hard. We'll see how quickly it comes off and then maybe I'll revaluate it.

Last edited by chaarli; 12-30-2005 at 11:42 PM.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:17 AM   #135  

Thumbs up

Chaarli- welcome and whatever you lose, is a good loss. I have a goal of 18 pounds. If I don't make it, oh well. I'll just have to try harder.

Sheri- Thank you!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote