Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-31-2005, 12:19 AM   #136  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

I'd love to join this challenge if that's alright?

I think I'll go for 30 pounds.
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:23 AM   #137  

Hello everyone,

Just had the chance to check in and read all the posts I missed. It's nice to feel like I have known most of you for a very long time. I have been exercising on a regular basis and have lost 8.25 inches so far, but I have a lot more to go. I decided to go back to the ww points system to keep from having to count everything. I'm not going to rejoin ww, I have all the info I need to do the program. I also belong to curves. I go 3-4 times a week. I like it. I go in the morning before work. I'm a homecare nurse working 16hr days, so when the baby (my patient) is napping, I do quick workouts. The cable company they have has fitness programs that you can do, so I choose 2-3 quick programs (no more than 30 min. total). I also do Leslie Sansome walking program. I have been doing the one mile. For January I will start doing the one mile and the two mile on alternating days. I also do hand weights for my arms. I motivated to try and reach my whooping 50lb weight loss goal for April.
Sorry, kind of chatty tonight. I finally have a quiet moment. kids asleep,DH out. I will keep in touch, maybe post every couple of days.

bye
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:39 AM   #138  

Talking Happy New Year's

sheri - what supplements are you taking?

dawn - that's a LOT of exercise, you're doing really well. love the motivation

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S everyone
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:31 AM   #139  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Default good morrin all

I just stoped in to tell eveyone to have great new year I hope all have a safe one too

Also thanks for the help and the good thread I really think I will be able to do this we all of you.......
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #140  

Hey all I am in too- lol lets hope i can stick to this

Happy New Years!!
ThunderThighz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:19 PM   #141  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Down 1 whole pound -- 137!!

*does the happy dance*

My new year's resolution -- DRINK MORE WATER!!!!!
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:45 PM   #142  
Losing for Life!

chaarli: Welcome! I know you can do it, just stick with us and we will do it together!

t0rn: The more the merrier! Come often, post lot's and lose with us!

Dawn: Talk lot's the better to get to know you, 50 pounds is a big goal for 13 weeks. Just be sure that you won't be unhappy if you don't reach it. I know it is hard to wait for this weight to be gone once we have decided we are done with it. Goodness knows I wish I could wake up tomorrow and have it all gone and done with. Remember that it is easy to build upon success.

Sweet_Pea: I started with Flax oil and Evening Primrose oil and have since added, Glutamine to maintain muscle mass and reduce cravings, Carnitine to breakdown fat into energy, CoenzymQ10, improves endurance, Chromium to build lean muscle and regulate blood sugar, Calcium for the bones and a daily womans multi vitamin. My doctor has approved these for me. Make sure you check with your doctor before adding supplements. The good thing is that since starting these my persistant excema has completely cleared up and my hair is shiny all the time and my skin looks younger too. I also have so much energy I am actually enjoying doing the houswork and am not exhausted by the end of it.

ThunderThighz: Welcome! of course you can stick with this, just keep coming here for support and encouragement!

lateralus98: Welcome! Way to go, everytime I lose a pound I look at the pound of butter in my fridge, that is a big block to lose!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:34 PM   #143  

I had a good night last night. i had 2 chocolate desserts & a cocktail but i also did lots of dancing to welcome in the new year.

i'm not going to diet fanatically. i want to focus on balance, so eating more veges, exercising more and keeping up the water intake. i especially like to eat raw or grilled veges to keep the vitamins! and i want to reduce my bingeing on sweets (mainly chocolate). if i do that the weight will come off

sheri - thanks for the info on supplements. i used to take flaxseed oil and/or fish oil. i have been thinking of starting them again as my joints have been quite clicky. I'm pretty sure you're meant to take calcium with magnesium to keep everything in balance. it also helps regulate blood sugar as does resistance training.

i haven't tried q10 altho i have often looked at it and wondered

have you tried hoodia? it is an appetite suppressant. altho you have to be careful which brand you use as soon of them don't contain hoodia!
Old 12-31-2005, 03:41 PM   #144  

i'd also like to add for Dawn... Sheri makes a good point. Even with all the exercise you are doing 50lb is a lot in 13 weeks. it's nearly 4 pounds a week, so you might get really frustrated with such a high target. good luck!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:05 PM   #145  

Hi guys

I did miserably food wise on new years eve, just aint a party without the munchies, but i figure... that was last year!!!!! now on to a new one!!!!!!

My goals this year (resolutions if you will call them that)
1. apply for police academy (finish applying, can take up to 3 years!)
2. stay fit!
3. keep the weight under 177 pounds (the upper limit for my BMI to be 24.9)
4. learn to be nicer to myself
5. ditch most of the diet pop!!!!!!!!! 1-2 cans a day is gonna be the limit!. I know it is not making me fat, but drinking a black chemical, sodium, aspertine ladden drink all day every day, surely aint healthy! LOL
6. get back into the workforce (i quit work to spend time with my youngest DD, who has aspergers, she is now 6... time for me to get back to work!)

What are all your plans for the year?????

Today i plan a weight workout ! and tomorrow morning a 5km run!!!!!!!!!
Also a biggie this week for me, i will not be journalling my food! I get a bit compulisive in it, i should know by now what i should be eating or not eating, i need to up the cals, so i am going to try to judge by hunger, make better choices, and watch the scales each week, if i notice a gain... i will pick up the journalling again. (my DH commented on new years eve... boy are you going to have fun writing all that food down!! i was aghast!!!!! Yes i must learn to move on! I am "normal" now.............. and need to learn to be able to do this!)

PS............................................. I AM NO LONGER CLASSED OVERWEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

..................... I AM NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:17 PM   #146  
If at first you don't...

I'd like to join in on your challenge! I'm re-starting for what I hope to be my final time tomorrow. Since the first couple of weeks are going to be a lot of water weight loss I'm going to aim to lose 30 lbs by April 1st.
~Melissa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:31 PM   #147  
I can do this, I have to!

S/C/G: 220/211/120

Hi! I'd like to join this as well. Got a lot to lose, but it'll be easier with mini goals. I'll be exercising tonight, I ate pretty good as well, but I'm gonna go ahead and "officially" start tomorrow. I want to lose 25 lbs. Thanks!
ooelsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:39 PM   #148  

congrats icedragon on no longer being overweight, altho i think being "normal" is overrated LOL

welcome to the others

today after my new year's activities i am shattered. didn't get much sleep last night and took a nap today but it wasn't restful. i was too hot and had bad dreams. my muscles are sore and tired from all the dancing and running around last night and i am finding it hard to get motivated

chocolate and sweeties are VERY tempting... i am trying to just keep eating healthily and push through but i know there is a chance i may crack in another hour or 2. i have some chocolate soy milk in the fridge which might just be enough to sate my appetite!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:22 PM   #149  
Losing for Life!

Sweet_Pea: You are right about the magnesium I am getting more than the recommended daily allowance in the foods I am eating so I am not supplementing it. I only take one serving of Yogurt every day and that is why I am taking calcium supplements as well as I am over 40 and want to make sure I am getting enough.

You also sound like you are on the right track with your eating. I have discovered that I am not a dieter, diets don't work, eating right and excercise are really the only way to lose weight and maintain it. I can certainly tell that my body is happy with how I am eating, everything is working the way it is supposed to and I feel great.

oolesworth & ~Melissa~ : Welcome, you are starting the New Year off right by joining in here.

Sonja: If there is anyone I wouldn't worry about having extra treats on New Years it is you! You are so stong and determined I don't think Fat is going to think twice about sticking around on you!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:07 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Default hey Sweet Pea

What works well for me with my chocolate cravings are WW ice creams,mousse and Ice cream tubs.
The ice cream cones are like Trumpets ..but heaps less fat and they are really nice, same for teh mousses..just like real chocolate mousse and they really help take the edge off the chocolate cravings.
I too really struggle with my sweet tooth and rather than give things up I've found low fat alternatives so I don't feel like I'm missing out.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote