Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2005, 01:40 AM   #31  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hi--I am so in, this is exactly what I need!! I too have turned Christmas (in fact, my whole Christmas break from school) into a food orgy and every day I say I am going to get back on track and it just does not happen. Part of it is that I don't have a reliable scale here at home so I have been unable to just weigh in and be done with it.

Anyway I think I will make my goal one of clothing sizes. Right now I am a size 26 in pants and I would like to be a size 22 by April 1st..... can someone tell me if this is a realistic goal???
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:53 AM   #32  

ME TOO!!! I'm in...

Let me think about all my goals. I have soooo many e.g. getting to bed at a decent hour instead of staying up late to play in 3fc forums hehe.

I want to lose 10kg = 22lb. given that i have been the same weight (within 2kg since april) i have to decide if this is a realistic goal for the 3 mths. I lost 10kg quite quickly in a few months to get to this weight but since then i have been in a rut.

will report back with my goal

nice to meet everyone
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:05 AM   #33  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

I'll join in too. I'll have to work out how many kg's I want to lose by then. At least 10kg I think.
kathyhegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:28 AM   #34  

I'll join in. I challenge myself to stay OP at least 5 days a week,get in my morning exercise daily,and lose 27lbs. by April 1st.
MAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 155/143/128

Height: 5'9"

my birthday is ON april fools!!! Okay I am going to shift my lil goalies around a bit and try for 8kg by april fools day.

I am really excited as this is my first challenge, but I am ready!!
dietcokeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:30 AM   #36  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up Me too

I'll go for 30,which will put me near my goal by then!

I have a lot of stress in my life right now - which usually means I eat and gain, but not this time!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:47 AM   #37  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by icmethinner
I'll go for 30,which will put me near my goal by then!

I have a lot of stress in my life right now - which usually means I eat and gain, but not this time!

Sounds exactly like me! There is quite a bit of stress around me right now. Having support to keep going is very vital to any of us
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:52 AM   #38  

Wow, sounds like we have TONS of motivated people to get us pointed in the right direction!! AMAZING! I havent checked in in just one day and there are 2pages of amazing ladies that are ready to take this challenge on feet first! We WILL be a success!

Every has their own stories but we all have the same goal...to lose weight. That alone is going to bring us success. Each of us can contribute something that someone else may have not known. Ok, I'm done being corny. lol.

dietcokeaddict: are you still drinking soda? I kicked my diet pepsi (ahh rivals from the start. Can you actually tell the difference between diet coke and pepsi??? Theres an age old question!) addiction and lost nearly 12 pounds!!! That was my first step towards the thinner me and I was amazed with the results. (I still indulge every now and again with a soda with lunch but definately not the 6 a day I was drinking).

Whats everyone doing for exercise? Anyone hate it like me? I have just started the Billy Blanks bootcamp and hes probably the only human being I hate in the world. WHAT A WORKOUT! I cringe when I see him, really I do.

Hope all is well with you ladies!

Ciao!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:01 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 155/143/128

Height: 5'9"

yeah i am a definite addict!! but i'm not ready to kick my diet soda habit just yet because drinking one tends to quell my craving for sweets

someday, though, i will be in the 12-step program for coke(a-cola) haha
dietcokeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:04 AM   #40  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I put my goal in my journal today and i am ready to work on it.....this is going to be good i feel really good about this...good luck to all

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:08 AM   #41  

Hahaha 12 step for coke (a-cola) huh? Seriously, you go through DT's I swear! For the first week I was jonesing!!! I was shaking, sweating, irritable! My hubby said if I didnt chill out he was going to divorce me . When I am craving something sweet, I too reach for a diet pepsi....its a healthier fix then the snickers bar that I typically want.

Save kicking the habit for those last 10 pounds that are taking forever to creep off hehe

This is going to have me laughing all day.....12 step program lol I might have to share this one with my hubby....totally his kind of humor!

Ciao girlie!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:24 AM   #42  

Challenges usually work well for me within my business, don't like to let people down.

It also keeps me motivated to hear what others are doing too.

I am just new (today) to the losing weight thing - - I will work on this with everyone - 2 lbs per week - and will do my best! Let's see, how to get started

I did start one of those tapes that everyone has posted - but haven't figured how to get it into the posts yet.

Dee
Dee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:35 AM   #43  

Quote:
Whats everyone doing for exercise?
once motivated to get going,I love to exercise (don't hate me,lol). I do the Firm and other videos and power walk/jog.
MAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:47 AM   #44  
Egy Kis Lany

I'm in!!
Let's see, I'll start now, but I'll only try to lose 1.5 lb/week starting on the 1st of January. (it gives me a cheater head-start of a few days...
So, Jan 1 --> April 1 = 13 weeks = 19.5 lbs
Current Weight = 154.6 lbs
Target Weight = 135.1
But this is below my goal weight of 140...

So my OFFICIAL goal for the April Fool's Challenge is 14.6 lbs to get my down to 140 lbs. This is an average of 1.12 lbs/week.

I can't wait! If all goes well, me being skinny will be the best April Fool's Prank ever!! I'm excited to join the group and the excitement.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #45  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

i am on the mountain dew 12 step program and my big helper is the crystal light "on the go" packs i am kickin a 3 a day habbit and now i got it down to one a day i hope i will not feel the need for one today....

leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote