Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-29-2005, 04:51 PM   #106  

Hi everyone

I managed to drag my butt out of bed this morning and take my sorry a** for a run!!!!!! LOL!!!! (there was a moment when i thought Nah.. I can stay in bed, then i realised how bad i would feel if i didn't stick to my plan!)

I ran most of 5.5 km (3.5 miles) and of the 40 min it took, only 6 minutes was walking! that is a record for me!
I am going for being able to run it all in 35 minutes! hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks.

Sheri - i will be on the look out for Sir Thomas Lipton, at the moment i have found the caminmille teas have the least "tea" taste, and i am determined, i think for me it is the fact i have never drank tea, so it is just the thought of it, and not the actual taste. And being summer here, i usually only make them and add cold water, so they are only warm. I was thinking of making a jug of iced tea? maybe that will help? I know a punch i used to like. you make up some tea, add diet lemonade and some tropical juice? and that was nice. If only i can find a low cal juice??? maybe just the tea and diet lemonade?

I am going to try to cut back on the diet colas? i have tried before, but i think the caffiene has me hooked, but drinking tea i am hoping reduce the soda.

Leigh - i have a book too, i put down what i eat. the total cals, and what excercise i do, it is good to be able to look at, at the end of the week and think, yes i did about 5 days this week of excercise and i ate well all week. I don't think i could get by without keeping a journal. It keeps things in perspective.
I don't think chocolate is all too bad, just try not to eat too much, it is the added things with chocolate that can add up those cals. like a chocolate bar, with nougat and carmel or nuts, or fillings. the chocolate itself is not so bad.
I like having a bag of dark chocolate melts (the cooking type) in the fridge, and a handfull of them usually cuts the chocolate craving down.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #107  

hi everyone. i put my name down for the challenge a wee while ago but i didn't have my subscription notifications right so i didn't know everyone else had posted

i am ready to rock n roll and looking forward to being part of this happy motivated bunch of people. i have decided to go for it. i am going to try and get rid of all 10kg by April1 = 22lb

that means losing 1.7# each week. it will be incredibly hard i know that. but i am prediabetic and i simply can't afford to let that become diabetes. plus it's summertime here so it's a good time to be getting out and about and doing stuff. i can do this... and quite frankly even if i only lost 5kg (ie half the goal) i would still be doing darn well.

love the positive vibes here.now i have my settings right i will be back often.

today i started the day with 750ml of water, lemon juice, and a multimineral tonic then blueberries, yoghurt and nuts. i am doing ok!
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #108  

Default new and interested

I'm new to the site. I would love to join the challenge. I have been looking forward to joining in on a new challenge since finding this site. This will definitely keep me motivated.

HW:250
CW:244.5
mini goal:194.5 (april 1,2006)
goal:150
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #109  

I'm trying to figure out how to get the ticker at the bottom of my post
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #110  
Losing for Life!

Sonja: I know the difficulties of cutting out the soda, but I still drink a regular one now and again. Coke makes a mini can that is 100 cals for the can so I keep a couple in the fridge for when I need a soda fix. When I need a chocolate hit I invest in some very fine truffles from a shop here, I buy only 1 ounce at a time and I sit and enjoy every bite. I usually do it every 6 weeks or so and since I know it is coming it helps keep the urge down.

Sweet_Pea: You sound like you have everything in place for a great start and as long as you come here we will help you have a great finish as well!

Dawn7672: Welcome! That's what we are all here for motivation and support keep coming and keep posting! as for the ticker I don't have the answer for that I just set up my signature and the site does the rest. Maybe someone else knows what is happening there?

And as for myself I managed 13 minutes of a Leslie Sansone video, it is a very manageable workout and even though I don't much like walking the way she sets it up it is not like walking and it is a good way to work myself back up to a good aerobic workout. I am even thinking about joining Curves once I get a little stamina built up. I will try and do at least 15 minutes tomorrow and someday I hope to get close to Sonja's pace
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:57 PM   #111  

Talking

My personal challenge by April 1...to lose 18 pounds. Sounds reasonable to me!

Good luck to all!!!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 PM   #112  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Just poppin' in to say a quick HELLO ... I can see that this is going to be a very busy thread and not to mention ... hard to keep up with too!

Down 1 lb this morning ... 1 more Christmas lb. gain to put me back on track! YaY!

Hope you're all having a great Thursday evening ... toodles for now!

Drink Water
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:11 AM   #113  

Hi again

Sheri ~ you are doing a fantastic job keeping in touch with everyone! thanks again for starting this thread

well done to icedragon for running. i'm not at that stage yet but i am still pretty happy with my day. i ate well. lots of veges 5-6 servings today plus fruit and protein. all good. i had a small amount of chocolate and some lemon lime and bitters so it was a good balanced day. went for a walk and did heaps of paperwork today. it was incredibly productive!! i just hope i can keep it up. i'm always afraid i'll overdo things and crash and burn.
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:36 AM   #114  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Quote:
Originally Posted by la3y_un1c0rn_37
I am not sure if it will help anyone but it does me...I keep a note book on what I eat, when I workout, how I feel that day..etc. I really like haveing something to look at and its never far from my side(i take it everywhere)
Leigh
I went out and bought a Stenographers notbook today, and I'm using one side for food and drinks, and the other side for exercise and feelings. It has a red line down the middle. And its worked well today.

Kathy
kathyhegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #115  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Talking gm

Remeber to keep all good things in it. Keep tell your self that you are doing a good job.......you need to behine your self 110%....We all are

Leigh
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #116  
Working on Hot!

Default gm

Keep up the good work....sounds like you had a better day at work than me at work...My walk did not go to well I had to cut it short because of the mud puddles I hope its dryer today so I can get back to the full walk..Sunday is my weigh day I will update my tracker and Post it on Monday....Pray for good news....I hope there will be some

Have a good day ladies

Leigh
Old 12-30-2005, 08:50 AM   #117  

Default Ready to Go!

I found myself actually EXCITED about dieting and this challenge! I should take my temperature!

Dawn, you sound a lot like me. I am also in my 30's with children. I think part of my biggest issue with not taking care of myself is the fact that I do have 5 kids and a significant other to care for. He is in computer sales, and he works constantly, and i find myself in charge of the 17 year olds work schedule (she had an accident last april and is still uncomfortable behind the wheel), her club schedule, my 15 year old's softball schedule, the 12 year old's karate, the 10 year old's track, and the 9 year old's softball as well. then theres dinner, mountains of laundry, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rats, and one fish with an attitude, lol. did i mention i work full time in the insurance industry? I guess i am the one I let down the most.
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #118  
Working on Hot!

ok I have to say you better than me.....I would not be able to keep up with all of that...lol.....Keep up the good work....

Leigh
Old 12-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #119  

Jailene: Its so easy to forget about yourself when there is so much going on. I only have an infant and a hubby and I'm lucky if I get to shower....I cant imagine having 5 kids, a hubby and 7 animals!!! Just keep in mind that you need to be healthy for them to be healthy. "If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy" thats what I always say. Just recently, I went on a cleaning stike for a week and low and behold, my hubby stepped up to the plate and took over. Well, kinda. Even if its just an hour a day, you really do need time for yourself. I dont know anything about you and tell me if I am out of line, but I think hubby can step up and help you out some. You deserve to be healthy. I am rooting for you!! You can do this, its just going to take extra work! Let me know if you need a kick in the butt....I'm here to give em!

On a side note today was weigh in day and I am down to 230.5 (how come the tracker doesnt do 0.5 lbs?). Also, I am wondering when my rapid weight loss will begin to taper off. I have been averaging 5-6 pounds per week and I know this is not a long term loss. Anyone have thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance!!
Ciao Chicas!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #120  

Default spousal support, lol

yes, of course he can. and he does when he is able......sometimes, lol.

yeah, its a lot on my plate, and yeah, its a crazy schedule, and yeah, i hate it sometimes, but it is what it is, i guess, and i just need to make some positive changes for all of us.
Jailene is offline   Reply With Quote