Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 08:29 AM   #46  

Julie: Magnificent job! Wow that is so great! Let's all hear it for Julie (and a little one for hubby too!)

HIPHIP HOORAY HIPHIP HOORAY!

YEAH FOR HUBBY TOO!

Sandy: Hang tough honey! Try and exercise to get those endorphins going to give you a lift! You can do this, I know you can!

I talked to Jack this morning and decided against the Zone thing. It is overly complicated, if I want to cook something you have tons of stuff to buy like oat flour, protein powder etc and I am not spending money on stuff like that. Instead and what I think is a better idea is that since I have all this time on my hands, I am going to work on 3 weeks of menus for myself that will coordinate with whatever food I am feeding Jack for the evening. Like if he is getting pork chops, mash pot and green beans, I may broil a chop with the green beans and some rice or an extra veggie. I did an e-diet profile to see if it fit with the dietitian one and it says I should be in the 1800-1900 range so I am back down to it and scaling my daily menu to fit it. I am going to the store tomorrow with a list of "packaged or canned" foods that I would be interested in eating but don't have fat and cal on and writing it all down then coming home and starting on menus. This way I know exactly what to eat everyday. It is what I was doing at the beginning and obviously it worked. The other thing is to scale back on "bad" carbs like bread pasta and stuff. I have been eating way too much of this kind of stuff and am going to allow it, but scale it back.

Well, I have been up since 4 am so I think I will lay down for awhile and then get up and have breakfast and exercise. Today is glider and strength training day.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-19-2003 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:47 AM   #47  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Hmmm ediets says I should be between 1200-1300. ARGH. I'm so not sure what to do. Maybe I'll increase by like a 100 just to cover my hour long workout. That sounds about right.

But at any rate, looks like I lost 1 1/2 to 2lbs. this week. I'm making Friday my weigh in day so now I just have to promise myself NOT to weigh in before then.

I was on my new plan for yesterday, so I get 4 points, but I"m not sure how to work the whole thing considering that I need to reevaluate it and all.

Oh well.

COngrats on the weight loss everyone else! Proud of you girls! These two weeks paid off for the girls who weren't slacking like me!
Old 09-19-2003, 10:05 AM   #48  

Good Morning Chickiedoodles,

Julie.......congrats....Missy........congrats on your losses. WOW!

Ritu, glad you are back, I missed you.

Sandyb and Dot: have a great (healthful) day girlies!

pts for yesterday: 2 program pts. 1 pt for water, and 1 pt for exercise, feeling good!

Have to be at work by noon, so better get moving.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:11 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning girls

I am down to 144!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee Waaaaaaaaahooooooooo!
Boy these pounds come off slow for me and I am sooo thrilled with every one.

I got all 4 pts yesterday as well.

Missy.. good question on the cal intake. I am personally doing 1300 a day and we are about the same size. 1300 works for me. I am also taking the Weight Smart vitamins faithfully. I have noticed loss since I began them. Maybe wishful thinking? Congrats on those 2 lbs down!

Julie.. I laughed SO hard at you almost getting muggedby a herd of turkeys Congrats on your 4 lb. loss!!!

Everyone else.. Have a wonderful day and I will be thinking of you all!

Old 09-19-2003, 10:56 AM   #50  

Julie, Missy, and Debbie congrats on ur weight loss

Faye-go for it I am sure it will work.

Ritu-Thanks and hope you're okay.

Well, girls have a wonderful day. I'll check in later.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:03 AM   #51  

Hey, now, a herd of turkeys is nothing to laugh about! Those suckers'll peck your nose off!!

Ritu--bummer about the train, but how did your pilgrimage go? Did you learn anything? Let's hear about it....unless that's too personal.

Honeyrose--I think I remember seeing 144 back in 6th grade!

Later all,
Julie
Old 09-19-2003, 11:57 AM   #52  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thumbs up I HATE THE SCALES!!!

Hi Girlies,

Well I've been very naughty and weighing myself every day - even though my official weigh day is Saturday. I've been really strict since Monday and have done some really tough workouts for four days in a row - and my scales say I've gained a pound!

The only reason I can think of is that because I've worked out so much I've gained muscle, but I can't help thinking that the weight should be dropping off. Another thought is that because I've worked out really hard for four days, I haven't given my muscles a chance to relax yet?. I'm having a rest day today (my body was crying out for it!) and hoping that all the weight will drop off overnight before my official weigh day tomorrow!. I took my measurements at the end of August, so next week I will measure myself to see if I've lost any inches. Anyway, I'll let you know tomorrow!

RITU- Glad you are back safe and sound (just!) That could have been really nasty - I bet it shocked and upset you and hope it didn't ruin your trip.

DOT, PAM,JULIE, DEBBIE, MISSY:- CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR WEIGHTLOSS!!!

Oh by the way, I got all 4 points yesterday!

Amanda xx

Last edited by Amanda Panda; 09-19-2003 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:59 PM   #53  

Amanda: Am I gonna have to hypnotize you too?

OUR 4 POINT SMILEYS ARE:

PAM
AMANDA:
DEBBIE:
JULIE:

2 POINT SMILEY:

ME

Missy: You didn't post your points I don't think. Oh and btw, please stay in the cal zone that is the best for you. I don't want you to bounce around because I am going to. If you are starting to lose with the increased calories, then by all means stay there.

I need to go and get the laundry.

Faye
Old 09-19-2003, 04:01 PM   #54  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Well Faye, I did want a second opinion. I just don't want to go backwards...i.e. do increased calories and then fall back into gaining weight. I'm not sure what to do. :/
Old 09-19-2003, 07:08 PM   #55  

Missy: Ok, dietitian.com said what 2200? E Diets say 1300? So Why not try 1600 and see how that works, but give yourself a good two weeks for it to settle into place. The weight you lost this week is that the higher plan or the lower amount? I think for you that 2200 is way too much. I would really try the 1600 and see how that works.

Oh, brother how did I miss your points?

YOU GET A: for points.

Cubs are barely ahead 10-9 and I want to check the score.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Faye
Old 09-19-2003, 11:17 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening!

OK I think that I did pretty good today. Got water, eating was good, and for exercise I never sit down while I am at work and I am walking up and down stairs all day so I guess that you could say that I got in some exercise! ediets, I started to go there but haven't made the time to might have to to see what all the talk is about. Squeezed into a 12 today. TIght but hey they buttoned and zipped!

Here's to a blessed day to all

sandy
Old 09-20-2003, 06:41 AM   #57  

DO NOT POST HERE! IT WAS FOUND TO BE HAUNTED!!! WE HAVE MOVED TO HOUSE #28
Closed Thread