Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 07:55 PM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #52

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #52

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Face and Body Friday We need to take care of our bodies with facials, pedicures, whatever
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:00 PM   #2  

Sorry ladies, I have been gone all darn day and just got home!

lBS DOWN FOR THE GROUP THIS WEEK:

Carri 3.5
Me 5
Julie 3
Donna 1

Total 12.5 (Julie I am counting your whole month this week!)

POINTS POINTS:

Carri
Julie
Kim
Amanda
Me

EXERCISE QUEENS:

Julie and the wonderful world of treadmills
Me and for today the treadmill from ****!

I have a call I have to take so I will post message tomorrow!

Faye
Old 01-30-2004, 08:40 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to all the losers

I'm still not well got stomach and kidney pains so have done very little today just had a nice long soak in the tub and that seems to have helped a little I was doing so well too and now this has knocked me back hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow and will feel like exercising again
Old 01-30-2004, 09:12 PM   #4  

Hi All,
Got another 4 point day yesterday but when I weighed in this morning----nothing. The scale hadn't moved. I am still carrying around a lot of water, my ankles and feet are very swollen. I am drinking a LOT of water and very little soda. If we eat out I will have one glass of soda. Hopefully the swelling will go away or even out or something---it is not TOM either.

It will be a 2 point day today. No exercise, got my nails touched up and have to clean the house for the arrival of GRANNY!!! We call my mom, Granny. She will be stayiing with me for a week. We can last about 3 days together before one of us wants to kill the other! It should be an interesting week!
Have a great evening and talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Judy
P.S. tomorrow I go see my friend before his surgery---mixed feelings, looking forward to seeing him, but nervous about what to say and such---he is facing so much with this cancer. Wish me well and hope the right words come out of my mouth.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:51 AM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOROTHY!!! I hope you have a lovely day!

I got 3 points yesterday - didn't do any exercise (again) - but am determined to do some today!

I've got PMS at the moment and as you all know that is a real danger point for me - but I'm pleased to report that I'm still completely on programme. Friday night has always tended to be 'pizza night' in my house - so last night I compromised and had a 'lower fat' oven pizza and added a bit of half fat cheese - total 9 points. It was very tasty and comforting, especially as I always crave fat when I have PMS.

Judy - all the best with your visit to your friend. It's very hard to say the 'right thing' when someone has cancer - I think just being there and being yourself will be what he wants and needs from you. I will say a prayer for you both. Good luck with your mum aswell - I KNOW where you are coming from on that one!!

Cat - Sorry you are still poorly. I know how annoying it is when you have got yourself into a routine and have to stop because of ill health - then it is hard to get started again! Anyway - look after yourself and you'll soon be back on that treadmill!!

Donna - Hope your mum is recovering okay. Well done on the 1lb!

Have a great weekend guys!

Love Amanda xxx
Old 01-31-2004, 10:56 AM   #6  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share something encouraging with some of us today!

MY SUNNY THOUGHT: WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH AND YOU ARE NOT SURE WHAT TO DO, INSTEAD OF NESTLES, LAYS, PEPSI COLA,OR DUNCAN HINES BEING YOUR BEST FRIEND, COME HERE TO WHERE YOUR FRIENDS GIVE YOU SOMETHING BETTER THAN FAT THIGHS, THEY GIVE YOU LOVE AND SUPPORT!

Judy: for points from Thurs.

Ok, I am going to try and respond to the other thread info but I wrote in code so here goes!

Judy: As for your swelling, check your sodium intake. Not just direct salt in cooking or food, but salt in prepared foods, canned foods and the like. You may find that is the problem.

Julie: WOOHOO girl, you go. Half way to goal, not long now!

Kim: Sorry, the word for you looks like burnt and since I can't look back without losing my post,.....

Amanda: You'll catch on to the WW thing. It takes time to rethink portions. It is amazing how much we overeat. I had cereal this morning and a portion is one cup. I put it in a bowl and said, wow how puny! I bet we eat 3-4 times our portion sizes.

Joy: You HAVE to take care of you so pamper yourself a little, it sure doesn't hurt. One of the big things I now do that I didn't used to was moisturize my whole body everyday. It has made a world of difference.

Donna: I am so sorry about your mom. Hope she gets to feeling back to her old self soon.

Last but not least:

Dorothy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! YOU'RE NOT GETTING OLDER, JUST BETTER!

We miss you ladies who have quit posting and hope to see you back here soon, Pam, Susan, Beth...

Faye
Old 01-31-2004, 11:02 AM   #7  
I Can and I Will

HELLO BEAUTIFULS!!! Got a 4 point day yesterday and thursday.... havent gotten on the scale yet tho... almost afraid to... doesnt feel like i have lost anything... Oh well... i will keep on trucking. We are going to the mall today... i am goingto find myself a pretty pink sweater... i HOPE...lol I have been wanting to get a new sweater for a while now... so hopefully i will find something today. I hope u alkl have a great day... i love u all... and rmemeber to take care of u
Sandy!!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:51 PM   #8  

I'm Baaaaaaaaack

Hello Ladies, I now I've been gone for a while but I'm thinking I'm finally ready to get over this rediculous slump.
I hope you all are well and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOROTHY!!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 02:52 PM   #9  

Dorothy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Tonight is poker night at our house, wish me luck, yes, I play with the guys, I am usually the only female who plays, but it is my house and I love to play cards, so I always play too. my biggest problem is eating way too much. we play til 1 or 2 am and they usually eat twice while they are here, i either feed them homemade stew or sandwiches, then they also have all this snack stuff.
One of the guys my dh works with is coming to play also his wife
hoorah!!! finally another women playing!!!
they are bringing 3 racks of bbq ribs, so please pray i do not over indulge, i love ribs and playing poker,
Sunny thought for the day:
that I eat ONE rib and win all the money!!!
Hope everyone has an OP day
p.s. Mom is feeling lots better
Donna
Old 01-31-2004, 07:32 PM   #10  

SandyB: for points!

Real quiet here today. That is kind of good because I have been so busy today again.

Susan: I am so glad to see you. Just get up on that horse and start riding again. YOU can do this!

Donna: Have fun with the poker. I like cards too. I like to play Texas hold em as that is the only poker I know. I also like Euchre a lot, a game played in southwest called Pitch, which I haven't played in years, double deck Pinochle, which I love but would have to learn all over again because I haven't played since Jack and I were newlyweds.

Well, I am going to go for the evening! take care and see you tomorrow!

Faye
Old 01-31-2004, 09:42 PM   #11  

Hey Everybody,
Happy Birthday Dorothy!!!!
Donna, you show those guys how to play!

1 point for program today. I visited with Wayne, my friend facing the prostate surgery, today. My plan was to shop for him or clean for him or do whatever he needed to have done. Instead, he took me to lunch, grilled Mahi Mahi at Red Lobster--yummy, we did run a couple of errands but he wouldn't let me drive, he rented a great movie for us to watch and he gave me a bunch of diabetic supplies that he knew I needed, but couldn't afford, and he didn't need! We did a lot of talking and he fussed a lot over me. I don't know who was helping whom!! His sister is coming in tonight to stay for a few days, so he won't be totally alone and I think that made him feel better. He really hates to be alone--I don't blame him;

Well gotta go finish cleaning for Granny's visit!
judy
Old 02-01-2004, 07:00 AM   #12  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is our Poll this week.

You finally, finally have time off, your tax refund came and you want to go and have some fun. Where would you go and what would you do?

Judy: for points and I am so glad your friend seems to be doing ok before the surgery and his sister is coming. That will make it easier for him.

Ok, girlies, I will check back later.

Oh and as to the poll, my best buddy, the fellow I have lived with for 31 years and I would go on a nice long cruise to the Bahamas. I have always wanted to go on a cruise. Funny, I am not a beach, ocean swimmer, snorkeler kind of gal because I burn really really easily, but that is what I have always wanted to do! You'd think Jack would never want to get on a ship again, though wouldn't you?

Faye
Old 02-01-2004, 09:07 AM   #13  

Morning Lovlies!
Well I survived the "Pit of Pain" tournament. OMG, What a testosterone fest!!! I actually lasted a lot longer than I usually do, I hit harder, blocked faster, and the best part was that alot of people really noticed that I had lost weight Made me feel really great! THanks for all the "good luck" wishes from you gals. Positive thoughts always help/

I made my food for the tourney....black bean burritos (low calorie) and some homemade granola for quick energy, drank lots of water and one diet pepsi. We stopped at burger king on the way home and I intended to order a double whopper with fries, just as a reward for all the hard work that day. But then DH reminded me that I had been eating so healthy that if I shocked my system with something like a big greasy burger, I might be in the bathroom for hours! I realized he was right and ordered a chicken ceasar salad I felt so good (though sore!) that I didn't want to ruin it by getting sick. I did buy a king size kitkat bar, but only ate two sticks of it and shared the rest with the kids. Just a little taste was enough......yay me!

So today it's backto the low calorie thing........though I don't think I blew it too badly considering. I guess I'd give myself 2 points for Friday (I went off program with a carbo-loading day for the tourney) and 2 for Saturday. Should be back to 4 for today!

For the poll: I'd take that time off and go to England with the family. DH and I went there 2 years ago and had so much fun!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Talk to you on Monday.
Julie
Old 02-01-2004, 10:31 AM   #14  

Good morning Ladies....Yesterday was a great day for me ...my hubby and I actually got some time alone and we went to dinner and then we checked out home depot ,Sam's amd Lowe's ,as we are looking to redo and buy some things for around the house..and we did it with no kids...then we met up with my oldest Daughter and picked up my son,which is eight ,and took him to buy some more games for his gameboy sp...my brother-in-law got his income tax,and he gave all the kids 50.00 dollars each...he is such a sweet fellow...he has none of his own yet,so he spoils mine..of course you know who they favor...lol...anyway ,my hubby and i still managed to get in some good walking....and I really did good on my plan ,even when we ate out...I filled up on salad,with very little ff dressing,and simply could not manage to eat much else...so...4 points for me yesterday.....finally....Faye,Moisturizing is one thing that I always have done...I am a lotion freak I guess you could say...especially my face...I have used my oil of olay since my 20's...my Mama always preached to me on that....so I do the same to my girls and my son's ...to this day I buys Johnson's baby lotion for even my 8 year old...his has beautiful skin...I currently use the new intensive moisture lotion by Jergen's...it is so good...when I'm in a more sexy mood I use Victoria Secrets lotions.....lol...not a whole lot lately though,but as I said before that has changed now...I am dedicating more time for me,even though I still am devoting more time to me..my daughter and I go Wed for her first sonagram..dont know if I spelled that one right...ca'nt wait...I still have to be there for them too...We are going to my Best friends house tonight to watch the super bowl...actually the men are gonna be watching ,us girls are gonna do other stuff...play cards,games...KEEP THE CHILDREN OCCUPIED...WEhave games ,movies and such ready for them...I am about to make a cake,already made cookies,and i am gonna make some chilli cheese dip[lowfat]...and bring chips and drinks...Angela is going to be making barbque..have no idea what the others are bringing..so I am gonna cram fresh fruit,dipping veggies and tons of water in my cooler to take to munch on so I don't fill up on the other... as for the poll; well I would go to Italy....it has always been a place that I plan on going to...all the Historic landmarks has always been a place that I want to explore...I am a history buff...but Italy would be my first choice....well,Ladies I am off to get my cake made...all of you take care and oh yeah...I PAINTED MY NAILS YESTERDAY...,AND THEY LOOK SO NICE...SOMETHING I PLAN ON DOING A LOT MORE OF....LOVE ALL OF YOU...BIG HUGS TO ALL..JOY
Old 02-01-2004, 02:37 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hiya!

I got 3 points yesterday - didn't manage to fit in the exercise, but have made up for it today.

I spent some time planning some evening meals and adding up the points - this makes me feel a lot more organised! I've been completely on programme for 5 days now - which is REALLY good for me!

SILLY POLL - I'd go away somewhere hot. Not bothered where, but it would be nice to drag Nigel away from the computer and spend some quality time together!

Susan - glad you are back!

Judy - Glad the visit went well.

bye bye

Amanda xxxx
Closed Thread