Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #91  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Starting a new schedule that a fitness guru friend suggested, I am going to start intermittent fasting for this week, also going to be paying attention to my macros and hope that it will give a little boost to my weight loss before xmas.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:51 AM   #92  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone. I'm at work so this will be a quick check in for me.

Welcome Scotsgal

All is about the same with me. No change in the scale today but I am very pleased with what I've done so far.

Today will be challenging because I broke a tooth and can't see the dentist until tomorrow morning so I can only eat soft foods.

My plan
B banana Greek yogurt, coffee
L tomato soup, cornbread
D tbd
A tangerine
Exercise: walk (if it's not too dark) or dvd

Last edited by GettinFit; 11-07-2016 at 02:06 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 170/168/150

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site but have been struggling with on and off binging for years. I just graduated college in May, and have been slowly gaining weight despite moderate physical activity. I really want to change my eating habits for good!

Today is my Day 1. It's going well. I got myself to the gym shortly after waking up, and am now munching on raw vegetables from the farmer's market with hummus, pickles, and chips (500 calories). I weighed in at 172lbs today, so I'm not too far from my 160lb goal.
Helianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #94  

Hi all, happy Monday
Welcome Helianthus. Glad you joined this community thread.

Today I woke to a good surprise. I do not understand it. But in one day I lost all the weight I gained during Saturday's eating event. I think perhaps Saturday's AM weight was skewed because I did not sleep the night prior. Anyway, this leaves me with 4 lbs left to reach goal.

Hoping you all have a good Monday.

Last edited by flower123; 11-07-2016 at 06:07 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #95  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Welcome Helianthus

Great job Flower!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #96  

Default November 2016 goals

Hi! Was bounced out. Dang...puts me in a bad mood. Must run antivirus before I come to this site.

Hope everyone is doing great. I have been a tad off the beaten track...too much tv politics and on-the-counter-brownies. I did not make them. But I have plenty of other weaknesses

Zoniegirl: Kareoke sounds lot of fun. Must try it sometime.
Monte: Burgoo sounds great. I have a coupon for Smokey Bones that has New Brunswick soup. I really like that.

218/216/211.2/211.9.209

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
EXERCISE: swam 2 days ago, garden 1 1/2 hours yesterday, no abs.
DIET: no food mover, too many desserts: brownies, key lime pie, fiber bars, chocolate. Tex/Mex food.
OTHER:

GOALS:
EXERCISE: swim or walk, abs, gardening.
DIET: record desserts, food mover, mindfulness, meditation, read book. Don't eat when I am not hungry, don't eat standing up, in front of tv, fridge, in car, GBOMBS: greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries, seeds. Daily: salad, veggie soup, cooked greens. Junk food in basement. Mulligatawny soup, New Brunswick stew.
OTHER: sort stuff in den, bedroom, baseroom, car, purse.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 11/7/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Sundove - I'm sending you lots of willpower to make it through your tricky time.

Monte - Burgoo sounds delicious! I'm sorry about your sewer emergency. It sounds awful!

Scotsgal - Hi and welcome! Congrats on your losses so far! You are doing great! Hope you find lots of support here. FWIW, macros tracking has really helped me. I found I cannot just straight calorie count because a calorie is not a calorie to my body. I try to keep my carbs below 100g, my fat around 40g, and my protein at about 120g based on 1200 calories.

Flower - Yea for you for losing! WTG!

GettinFit - congrats for staying on plan! I'm sorry about your tooth. Hope it feels better soon.

Helianthus - hi and welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Good luck with your goals and hope you find lots of support here.

Diana - Great job on your food and exercise! Glad TTOM is nearly over for you.

Sundove and Kelijpa - - Arizona doesn't do Daylight Savings. The short winter days really affect me, too. Makes me want to sleep a lot.

Teri - I occassionally get bounced out, too. Most times, if I sign in again, it will save my post and will re-direct me. Once or twice it got stuck and didn't save my post. Yes, I agree, that is so frustrating! I've been pre-occupied by this election, too. I will be glad when it is over. It is so emotionally draining.

Weekly W/I - 201.0, down 2.6 from Monday.

Yesterday - calories 1,634; carb 83; fat 102; protein 91; sodium 1,887; sugar 16.

Today - calories 1,574; carb 110; fat 50; protein 130; sodium 2,409; sugar 37.

Exercise - walked 3.5 miles with dogs, burned 350 net calories. 10,117 steps.

Water - 100 oz.

I did well over the weekend despite my social activities. Enjoyed the steak-n- blue salad on Friday night and another steak and grilled vegetable skewer on Sunday after church. I was moderate with my drinking.

I'm thinking of changing up my exercise routine. Now that we are having nice weather, I don't really want to spend hours in the gym. So, I'm going to choose outdoor activities like walking, hiking, biking, Rollerblading, etc. I'm also thinking of doing exercise videos at home for my strength training focusing on lunges, squats, push-ups, abs. I've got 2 The Firm videos, but will probably try to buy those old Buns and Abs of Steel videos. Those were great, as I remember.

Greetings and support to everyone! Hope you have a great day!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:18 PM   #98  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Zoniegirl I really struggle to up my protein, I knew that I was big on carbs until I started tracking my Macros then you realise that carbs are in everything!!

Today I hit 114g of protein but my carbs are up at 136g (based on 1350cal) I really need to plan better combinations
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #99  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone!!
Sorry I wasn't here around the weekend. I did get my workouts in though, Focus T25 Core Cardio and PiYo Sculpt.

Eating went... okay, except junk on just a really BAD day(I broke things off with the boy because I don't really think we're compatible, and he was heartbroken so I felt like S***)... and a couple pieces of pumpkin roll... ugh..

Once again, (before I ate all that junk), the scale hasn't budged. I am building a LOT of muscle with these workouts so I'm hoping that's the only reason... I want to hit my goals so bad.

But today is a new day. I just finished Focus T25 Ab Intervals
Breakfast: Shakeo w banana
Snack: Cheddar rice cake snacks
Lunch: Raspberry Salad, crab meat
Snack: Yogurt with PBfit and a few prunes
Dinner (Which I will go cook now): 21-day fix approved Pasta with Turkey Sausage and fresh broccoli
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi All!

Did as expected over the weekend. Went over on Sunday, but I planned for that ahead of time. Did my BBB 1 workout yesterday, and I'm about to do BBB 2 today. Have a fridge full of good food, and a plan for the week. Really been hungry lately, but I just keep telling myself I MUST get to 209 by the end of the month, and it helps buck me up.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Flower Thank your for the PM. Great job on your weigh in.

CoolMom
Great job on your calories.

Kelijpa I noticed this evening, that I started getting sleepy as soon as it was getting dark. I get that hibernation instinct. Do you like Greek yogurt? Have you tried making a parfait with the Greek yogurt and blueberries? I put in it a large sundae glass and it really feels like a special treat.

Scotsgal Good luck with the new fitness routine and IF.

Gettinfit Ouch on the broken tooth. I hope it can get repaired tomorrow so you can feel better.

Helianthus Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Teri000 Hi

Zoniegirl Congrats on your loss!

Emilylarnder Great job getting your workouts in. I'm sorry about the breakup but you know what's best for you.

MonteCristo Good job working toward your goals.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone Radio Remixes 3 Miles - jogging during walking

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-07-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:21 PM   #103  

Hi Everyone
Welcome to the thread Helianthus! Good Luck with your goals.

Zoniegirl Congrats on your drop, and after a weekend of social things at that--wtg! Thank-you for the good wishes. I'm looking forward to meeting this season head on and sticking to no sugar, etc.

Yesterday was a repeat of Saturday, ate more than I needed, but no off plan food. Back on track today.
Calories for today 1257
B tofu roll ups, protein shake coffee
L chicken/yam/veg salad
D protein shake, beets
S eggwhite omelet, probably will have a couple oz of yams to have a good night's sleep.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:32 PM   #104  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Calories today: 1220.

Tomorrow is my dinner out with the knit ladies and I looked over the menu. It's hard to pick something lower in calories *and* substantial enough that I won't inhale it in two minutes and sit there like a dork.

The bbq chicken chopped salad is 900 calories. I'm leaning toward that but will have to keep the rest of the day ridiculously low cal.

Anyone else want to look at the menu and tell me what you would pick? I wonder if my fat girl eyes are preventing me from seeing better options. lol

http://https://www.bjsrestaurants.co...s/or/hillsboro
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #105  

CoolMom Asian Chopped Salad for 540 cals? I like ordering salad because it takes longer to finish. Good luck! It sounds like a fun evening.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote