Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #211  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

No counting calories or weighing in this weekend.

My sinuses feel like they have healed enough to start back with Oxycise. I have a lot of stuff to do today and need to get caught up with my bible study from Thursday (so now I have 3 days worth of studying to do ). We are going to dinner and a concert tonight so I have a lot of little things to get caught up with today. I know I won't be able to do anything with Oxycise today. I'm still hoping they will put the shorter programs on DVD. That would really work well for me. I won't have time to even get a workout in today. Not sure about tomorrow either. I bought us some nice chocolates for Valentines and the "feast of the chocolate" started last night. I was hoping not to start that until today but the call from the box on the counter got too loud. DH got us some roses last night. We are celebrating Valentines all weekend. So bad!!!! We have always been able to take one little event and make multiple celebrations out of it. Heck, let's make it a whole week celebration. Monday will be back on plan with the goal to get back to pre-Christmas vacation.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-13-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #212  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! No weigh in for me...but here is my plan for meals...

Breakfast (130 calories)
1 lc pita, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 slice smoked turkey
Lunch (208 calories)
Homemade chicken soup (2 cups), cucumber slices (4oz)
Dinner (392 calories)
Butter chicken (3.5 oz), riced cauliflower (2c), lc pita

Diana -- Enjoy your valentine's celebrations, I'll live vicariously through you! I think my treat will be s/f jello with raspberries...lol -- not exactly what we dream of, but I'm determined to get my scale moving, and it will be an uphill battle this weekend, with TOM on the scene and two restaurant dinners to work with.

Last edited by Angie; 02-13-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:48 AM   #213  

breakfast: 1 egg scramble, 1 c fat free milk, 1 banana, 1/2 c grape juice.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:14 PM   #214  
90 and then some...

S/C/G: 258/221/180

Height: 5' 8 1/2

Good Morning Everyone,

So numbers from yesterday:

Today's weight 221.6

Meals for 2/12/2016
Total Approx 1800 Calories +

Breakfast (514 Calories)
Greek yogurt slingshot drink 344
2 Tb Whey protein powder 50 cal
1/2 pretzel croissant 120 cal

Lunch (360 Calories)
1 Pretzel croissant 230 cal
1/2 cup vegetable soup 53 cal
3/4 oz cheddar cheese 84 cal

Dinner (500 Calories)
Potstickers 230 cal
Teriyaki broccoli 20 cal
Red velvet cupcake 300 cal

Snacks (415 calories)
1/2 pretzel croissant 120 cal
1 prune 25 cal
1/2 sees truffle bar 120 cal
1/2 blondie 150 cal

Exercise
38 min walk with the DH and the pups

Today is a day of emotional triggers...add to that Valentines day being this weekend and you get recipe for a day of food related angst. Sigh

Overall I am doing ok. Reminding myself that there is no "good" or "bad" food and that I can choose to have a food anytime I want. The food will be there but for today I choose to eat to fuel my body and not to soothe my issues.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #215  
90 and then some...

Default Personal reflection

Today the DH took me shopping. I started a new job recently and am no longer required to wear a uniform so DH wanted to take me to the mall to purchase some basics for work.

Over the last 2-3 years I managed to loose 55 lbs through WW. It came off slowly but due to the fact that I wore a uniform at work and stuck to baggy jeans or sweats at home, I have managed to shield myself from most of the difficulties involved in clothes shopping for overweight or obese women for the last 10 years. I realize now how lucky I was to be able to wear a uniform.

It appears that for most pants if I want to dress semi business professional (non baggy style) I am now a size 16. Last time I was wearing these type of clothes for work I was wearing a size 22. So technically I should be happy right?

Nope...nada...not one bit. I really really do not like the way I look at all in anything that is form fitting which really opened up my eyes to why I have been wearing baggy jeans and sweats for so long. DH was very happy to see me out of clothes that "I was swimming in" as he put it. But honestly for me the whole trip stressed me out to the point of triggering me to eat. I am managing it. Watching something funny on Netflix and later taking a walk with DH and the pups.

But I just find myself wondering now at what point do I start to like the way I look. It's been years since I even attempted to dress with any forethought or any attention to style. I keep telling myself that weightloss at this stage of my life is about having decent health markers and less pain. I'm done with mindless torture of chasing an unattainable body type but if future clothes shopping is going to be a repeat of today maybe I still have work to do with body image issues.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #216  

from a size 22 to a 16-YAHOO! MOnty, YOU ARE DOING GREAT!
Old 02-13-2016, 06:28 PM   #217  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Monty -- It's too bad you couldn't enjoy the experience of shopping, I'm sorry you felt that way. Did you just feel uncomfortable in the different clothes, or was it more that you didn't like the way they looked, or both?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:29 PM   #218  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Monty, that is fabulous- congratulations on your weight loss, and way to go on going down several sizes! Be proud of such an accomplishment, you deserve this!
Old 02-13-2016, 09:53 PM   #219  
90 and then some...

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Monty -- It's too bad you couldn't enjoy the experience of shopping, I'm sorry you felt that way. Did you just feel uncomfortable in the different clothes, or was it more that you didn't like the way they looked, or both?
I'm not sure at this point. I have experienced similar issues when I was younger. I can remember hating to have my pictures taken. I always felt fat, I always felt I looked fat. Now when I look back at those pictures from my high school years, college and early 20's I realize that I actually looked pretty good. Up until my 30's I was at most 15-20 lbs overweight.

I'm hoping that I will get comfortable with the clothes. They are smaller and I have a waist now. Unfortunately its not as small as I would like...but then again I have been feeling that way about my waist for as long as I can remember.

Thanks everyone for the support and feedback.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:18 AM   #220  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

We just got home from the concert. We saw Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. It was a great concert. It was high energy and a lot of fun.

Steelslady Hi and welcome to the check-in.

M0nty I'm sorry about how stressful your shopping experience was. Everyone is different with shopping and their body image. All I can say is that I HATE clothes shopping. Absolutely hate it! I didn't like it when I was heavier but I thought things would improve as I lost weight and got smaller. It didn't. In fact, I find that there are more options, it's more confusing and I hate it even more. I find that the clothes in the larger sections are all put together and they already match and just seems so much easier. But all of this has more to do with the dislike of clothes shopping in general. When I got smaller and I would need clothes, I worked with a personal shopper. I'm not sure about where you live, but we have a department store here that has them. Using the personal shopper here doesn't cost anything. You just buy the clothes that you pick out that you want. They can look at your body type and determine what will work best on you. They can advise you so you will look your best and show you how certain things look better than others. I have the shopping issues as well as the body image issues, so using the personal shopping took so much pressure off me. It saved a lot of time, too since they know exactly what to get. Also, the one that I have used will actually try items on the sales rack first in order to save money, etc. I have never ended up with something that I thought was too much money, etc.

ETA: Don't even get me started on pictures. Most of you were not around when I had my meltdowns about having my pictures taken the first time after losing weight. That was very ugly. I called a friend of mine and demanded that she tell me the truth. We had just bought a new digital camera. I was totally devastated because I thought I looked like a freak in the picture. I demanded that she tell me if I looked like that in real life. That was a very low moment. After that, I went to the photo center in Walmart and asked about how some people were photogenic and how others were not and finally asked them if I looked like a freak. I have had my moments.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:56 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

I've been binging nearly every night for a week now, I feel like
I don't know why I've been doing so poorly. Maybe stress or the cold, I guess.
The good news is I've been still going to the gym consistently, so at least I haven't given that up.
I'm so sick of waking up after binges, so today is going to be my day 1.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:24 AM   #222  
Warrior Princess

I don't like that I'm skinny fat. At all.

I found out that doing day after day after day of cardio will never get me where I want to be..SO...back to Jillian or weight-training. The muffin top has got to go once and for all.

Basically I have been busting my butt without results for well over a year because I'm doing it wrong. I've discovered that doing too much cardio with low calories has actually caused me to lose muscle, resulting in skinny fat. Sure, cardio has made me small in size but I am literally jello in the middle. I'm not having it! I was told I must do resistance training, and less running.

So...I will still do cardio but it's time to kick things up another notch again. I look great in clothes but that's not good enough for me. I want look athletic...because really I am! It irritates me that I spend so much time in a gym and you'd really never know because I have almost zero definition.

Monday I'm back to the drawing board. I'm going to take photos like I used to to compare (HIIT worked very well for me in the past) because the scale drives me up a wall. It's good to have actual photos to see results.

This is a never-ending battle.

Hope I have enough Advil in the house. The first few weeks are going to be brutal.

Today I work open till close so I hope everyone has a nice Valentine's Day. We're happy The Walking Dead is back!!

Last edited by novangel; 02-14-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:05 AM   #223  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Valentine's Day!

Novangel Did you get the new stacked washer/dryer? We also have a older stacked/front load model. We will probably have to replace it soon.

RetroRabbit I'm sorry that you are going through that. Good luck on day 1. Sometimes it makes a difference when you set the goal and let it be known. Wishing you the best to get things under control.

Waving Hi all around! Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:44 PM   #224  
90 and then some...

Good Morning Everyone,

So numbers from yesterday:

Today's weight 222.6

Meals for 2/13/2016
Total Approx 1600 Calories +

Breakfast (550 calories)
Swedish pancakes 450 cal
Butter 1 TB 100 cal

Lunch (140 calories)
1 Oz potato chips 140 cal

Dinner (646 calories )
1 1/2 slices of 5 cheese garlic toast 220 cal
1 cup lasagna 360 cal
1/2 green bean saute 66 cal

Snacks (340 calories)
1 Godiva PB dessert cup 130 cal
1/3 Red Velvet cupcake 110 cal
5 TB cereal 100 cal

Frustrated this am. I know that weight fluctuates with the types of foods we eat but it always irks me a tad to see the scale go up.

Today is about preparing for my work week ahead and getting some quality time with family. Happy Valentines day everyone!
Old 02-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Personals---

M0nty:Hope the scale goes down for you tomorrow morning! Up days suck!

Novangel: I feel your pain! I do cardio EVERYDAY. While I feel great with my clothes on without clothes is a different story! What is HIIT? I think I may need to try it! lol

Retrorabbit: I also have been doing this. For me it's because I'm closer to my goal. I am comfortable so it's easy for me to mess up. Maybe that is what is going on with you?

Diana: I'm jealous!! I love Garth Brooks. I was told this was his last tour?...but then again I heard the last one was his last also. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Ok. 2'' of snow is on the ground today! AHHHHH. I feel like screaming.... I'm not going to even get started on being stuck in the house because of the cold today and how well I did with eating. Let's just say I suck. And Valentine's Day was full of goodies! OAN: Weight was 133.2 this morning. Not bad but it's back to plan tomorrow. I'm about to workout...Turbo Jam style tonight! And although I have been eating poorly today I have managed to stay on my feed cleaning and rearranging all day. This is the first time I've sat down. Hope everyone had a great day! Mondays are always so much easier!!
Closed Thread