Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 01:07 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Default Second day at bootcamp

Well, I made it thru another day without chips! Then while I was thinking about the week in general, I realized I haven't had any chips or junkfood this week at all! Go ME!!

I figure in the old saying "Takes 21 days to make or break a habit." Which means I'm 1/3 of the way thru!

Have a great weekend folks.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:09 AM   #47  

Still checking in here (though sometimes I just read) but last week was a bad one for my WI - I could tell when I woke up that I felt all sluggish and bloated. Ah, well - next week will be ever so much better!
Old 08-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

Sorry for being AWOL for several days. Last week was just a rough week. It was okay for food but had to work late two nights, had a haircut & highlight appt one night and a nail fill and pedicure appt the next night, then we were off to my mom's & the lake for the day yesterday, and today...shopping with my MIL. Sheesh. No time at home for me.

I didn't lose all control with the food. I did walk the dog at night and did my planned morning exercises. I just didn't get any time on the spinner.

Tomorrow, I'm riding along with my brother as we're headed about 3-1/2 hours east for our uncle's funeral. He passed away on Thursday. He was 81 and has had many bouts of "he can't survive this" sicknesses lately so, it is a blessing. We haven't been extremely close in the later years but its family and we want to be there for our cousins.

Monday will be back on track starting bright and early.

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 08-10-2003, 06:55 PM   #49  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Angry let's see...

Been MIA for a bit...just busy at work, and then busy after work. I had a really good week - for the first time I actually hit my goal of 6 hours (360 min) of exercise during the week, so I'm very proud of that! Sounds like everyone has been doing well - keep up the good work!!!! Terri, my condolences to you and your family on your Uncle's passing.

I did well on food, and yesterday I had a planned free day and took full advantage of that...went with friends to the Colorado Shakespeare Festival to see "The Taming of the Shrew", then out for "truck stop" food. But today I'm back on track. Not sure that the official weigh-in tomorrow is going to show a loss tho, because TOM is here and good lord am I ever bloated!

Plan for this week, the usual with food and water, I'm seeing the evil trainer 3 times this week, and I'm again going for a goal of 360 minutes of exercise.

Have a great week ladies!
psm

Last edited by brunissen; 08-10-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:23 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Hello, I'm back again. I was out of it last week due to a medical situation that arose. I'm having an MRI tomorrow, but I'm feeling better. I'm more determined than ever to meet my August goal, which I've adjusted to be 140 pounds by the end of the month. I need to keep on track! I got 2 great workouts in over the weekend and my eating has been pretty much in check. I'm gonna make it! My interim goal is 135 by October 15. I can do it!
Old 08-11-2003, 04:38 PM   #51  

Hi ladies..back from the weekend, where like most of you, it is too busy to post. Had a good one though, went to our town fair, ate fries and ice cream, but did not overdo it. Actually, now that eating healthy is a habit, when I do revert back, I usually feel like crap afterward. I think my body is just not used to that stuff anymore. Does not mean at all that I don't enjoy it, I just don't over indulge. My husband was having a snickers bar last night for a snack; I had 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt with a sliced peach. I was soooo glad I did. I new that I was eating well, and my sweet tooth was being satisfied. It is nice to finally be there .

I have not been doing "traditional" exercise, but just keeping active. Doing lots of walking, bike riding, gardening, etc. I do my free weights at home so I can keep on track with my strength training.

Hope all is well with everyone else.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:53 PM   #52  

Hi ladies!

Yesterday was longer than I expected. We didn't get home until 12:30 am and I did not sleep well. I have been a slug all day. Thank goodness I had planned today as a vacation day before all this came up. I did do some mall walking (shopping) and just finished 30 very light minutes on the spinner. Oh, and I tried my Winsor Pilates DVD. Yowsa! This one is going to take a long time but I can tell its going to work lots of muscles that aren't getting it now. Slow and steady! Food is good. I've got it logged into balancelog and I'm still within reason. I need to get in more water to make up for my lack thereof the last few days.

I'm off to do more housework and laundry. Have a great evening!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:38 AM   #53  

Busy, busy weekend - I checked in but didn't post. I still need to find a regular "chatty" thread I'm comfortable in - haven't taken the time to do it yet. Later, when life slows down - or so goes my theory.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:29 PM   #54  

Hi ladies. Made it through the day. This was one of those days where I felt hungry all day . I just seemed to be a bit out of sorts. I made the mistake of going out for a few hours after lunch and not taking a snack with me. By the time I was able to do anything about, I was starving, and grabbed a chocolate bar. Actually, in the final calorie count, it ended up not being too bad, but I felt that I could have done better.

I had a church meeting tonight and got home just in time to watch the Discovery Health Challenge on TV, but the digital cable was not working!!! This is usually where I get lots of ideas and inspiration from, so that was not good either. Now I have a headache!!! Ugghhh! On the plus side, everytime I had to do an errand in town, I took my bike. Took a break from the free weights tonight.

Okay...rant over and looking forward to another positive tomorrow .
Old 08-13-2003, 12:12 AM   #55  

Hi ladies, checking in tonight.

1. I walked Sunday night; yesterday I washed my car for a half hour instead of walking.

2. No fast food, other than Subway yesterday and tonight.

3. Still writing down what I eat.

Not much else to report, so I will check back later. Good night.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:25 AM   #56  

Rise and shine bootcampers!

Can you believe we're just about to the middle point of the challenge already?

Yesterday was a good food day. Sure feels good to be back on our eating plan. Yippee! I got on the scale this morning and its dipping down again and I can't wait until its official at WW WI.

I didn't get in my spinner time last night. I bought a new laptop and wireless cable router on the way home from work last night. I was consumed with getting it installed so that I can use my laptop upstairs and access the internet. I had it all going, posted here on 3FC and then sat the computer down to go walk the dog. When I got back, I no longer had internet access and now, in all my screwing around, cannot get the wireless router available again. Good grief, this stuff is so complicated these days. I guess I'll have to call tech support tonight and see what I did wrong. of course, the user manuals are practically non-existant.

However, I did get in a very vigorous dog walk as the temps have taken a turn to lower humidity so both the dog and I were invigorated. I was more invigorated than he by the end though.

Wish me luck on getting my laptop squared away. I will do my time on the spinner first tonight!

See ya!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:36 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Yeah! I'm down a pound, finally. I weighed in yesterday at 143. I need to lose 3 more pounds to reach my August goal. My September goal is to drop another 5 pounds to get to 135. I'll be a super happy camper if I can be 135 or below by October 15.

I had an MRI and MRA yesterday. What a strange experience. Tomorrow I'm going to a new gynecologist. Fun stuff (yeah, right!)...but necessary.

Good Luck Everybody!
Old 08-13-2003, 04:05 PM   #58  

Terri, good luck with the puter. I think that they were designed by men to drive us crazy!

Congrats on the pound loss Genesis, and for continuing to write down your eating Dixie. That alone was a big turning point for me; if you have to write it down, then you really ate it!!

Feeling better today and went for a long walk with my Mom through out town's pioneer village. It is amazing that you can live in a tourist town and never do the tourist stuff. We walked down to the lake today also, which we never do. I think that your humidity has moved up here, Terri, because today we are dying. I want to ride my bike to the grocery store later, but we will have to see what the heat is like.

Take care all.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:17 AM   #59  

Hi ladies,

Another night spent trying to make the wireless connection working again. Now, I KNOW that a man designed their customer support process. You have to do it via email and they give you a one line box to enter your problem. I typed in "I bought a ...laptop with wireless router....and I installed it and everything went just fine." At that point I hit enter thinking it would scroll down but NO, it submitted that as my request for help. I finally got the opportunity to write a dissertation last night, now we'll see if they write back. i was soooo frustrated last night. So, no spinner time or dog walk for me last night.

But, this am I got up and did my morning exercises on schedule.

have a great day!
Old 08-14-2003, 09:40 PM   #60  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy

I'm not doing so well right now, but I did want to check in and let you ladies know I'm still out there. I don't know how much I'll be posting this month especially if I can't drag myself out of this funk, but I'm going to try and NOT give up on the weight loss for august - although right now I'm 3 pounds heavier than I was at the start of the month...that doesn't bode well for me being able to meet my goal.

psm
Closed Thread