Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #196  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbunny77 View Post
How many calories more do you add on a higher calorie day?
Its a 5:1 ratio. If the UpDay is 2000, the DownDay is 400. If the UpDay is 2500, the DownDay is 500. It averages out to 1200-1500 calories/day, depending on how well I control my appetite on the UpDays.

------

I have a blood condition that prevents me from donating blood, but I was able to donate plasma yesterday for the first time ever. The initial interview/physical was pretty invasive (and loooong) but I am happy to be able to help. Not to mention, unlike whole blood donation, they PAY you (the plasma is for pharmaceutical development, not for emergency use).

I found out, though, that it really depletes your body. So I had to eat far more than I ordinarily would on a DownDay to replenish my protein, because I don't want to lose muscle tissue. I ate two additional eggs and several Weight Watchers cheese sticks. And still lost weight!

Here are the stats of the plasma they take out of you:

110 lbs - 149 lbs
690 ml Plasma:
483.69 calories
Protein 49.51 g
Carbohydrates 63.65 g
Fat 3.45 g

Hah! I have found my new weight loss plan! lol/jk Donate twice a week and it's like burning almost 1000 extra calories. Plus $$$.

3/3: 147.0
3/5: 146.0
3/6: 145.6
3/8: 145.2
3/9: 144.2
3/11: 143.8

shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #197  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
I am. both my grandmothers had Norwegian parents. My paternal great grandparents actually emigrated from Vestre Slidre in the early 1900's. I'm a big fan of lefse! My Danish in laws eat Lutefisk too.
That is cool!! I grew up in Finland, so 100% Finn here -- We used to get Lutefisk for Xmas as well. (Yuck)... Lefse I love, but because of Celiac, I no longer can enjoy it

I made a true Finnish Xmas, minus Lutefisk (lipeakala as we call it) a few Christmases ago. My family enjoyed.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #198  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning! another gorgeous day

real quick:

B - re-fried beans and egg whites with green salsa
L - low carb wrap w/pepper deli turkey and light swiss/baby spinach
D - turkey or salmon patty w/zoodles and melted cheese on top (school tonight)
S - I have an apple for later if necessary

that's it! Late!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #199  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

finally got back to the gym today after our exhausting trip...I walked on the highest setting of incline for 20 minutes and did 30 minutes total on the treadmill...i'm not sure what it is about my shoes, if I just bought a bad pair or what, or if it's my socks(?) but I truly can't go longer than 30 minutes walking or running without feeling a blister developing, same spot same foot, all the time...so i'm aiming to make it the hardest 30 minutes that I can....I just didn't feel up to running today and really would prefer to run outside anyhow....headed to meetings and work next
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #200  
Warrior Princess

Smile

Winter storm warning again tonight but I got to run outside yesterday, the temp actually hit 50 and it was beautiful. Today is fairly warm too but tonight will be a different story for sure. I got in 40 minutes so I'm counting it as 3 miles but I'm not exactly sure. It's HARD to run outdoors! I got spoiled on the treadmill.

I'm going to ride this last winter bump out because I know this is the last hurrah. I can feel Spring lurking just around the corner.

Stay motivated, everyone! Almost bikini time.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #201  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykay View Post
I was on here many months ago and am ready to recommit! Today I took a walk in our hilly neighborhood before anyone was up (so peaceful). I also survived (barely) an hour long strength class at the gym. I need to work on my stamina, but I know it will come with consistency. It is great to be back
Welcome back!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #202  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'm starting to understand why volunteering and charity work is dying out. I'm sitting on the board of a non profit, and it's so thankless at this point. Our monthly meeting is tomorrow, and I had to get stuff ready for it today. My head hurts from the tension just one morning of dealing with it causes!

Weight was down about .2 this morning. I liked it better at 5pm yesterday. I was down 3 more pounds then

Yesterday I did 30 minutes in the pool. I had to get groceries so bf walked the dog.

Food wasn't great - I had sushi for lunch because it was convenient and I shared a few of bf's nachos, but I also had a tilapia filet and brussel sprouts for supper. I figure calories at about 1700.

Today lunch was REALLY BAD, I had a dagwood for lunch because I forgot my wallet when I left for the gym. Supper will be good though. Chicken thigh and some steamed broccoli.

Did 25 minutes in the pool and will walk the dog tonight.

Last edited by Radiojane; 03-11-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #203  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Ian I have to give you some kudos for working through your unexpected gain as well as you have. I wonder if I would have had the strength to keep going. I guess that's our only alternative, right?! I'm not going back to that unhealthy lifestyle. Anyway, just wanted to say I'm proud of you!

Alaskan I hate to say this, but I think you have a bad shoe. Can you exchange them? I had a pair of New Balance that were rubbing in a weird spot, Giving me a blister above my instep, I couldn't get past it, I took them back and told them to mark them as damaged, I got another pair same size and style no problems. Best of luck.

Weather was nice today so after the eye dr. DH and I went to the rail trail, so for a treat we got a shamrock shake and split it, hate to break it to you, but a large shake is 820 calories, thank goodness we split it, I have 36 calories left...it was good but probably won't get another one of those until next year

Hope everyone's having a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 150/146.6/120

Height: 5'4

Had a good day today! Busy with work.

B: Smoothie with protein powder, plain yogurt, almond milk, frozen berries, spinach, pumpkin seeds.

L: Salmon with spinach salad

S: plum, baby carrots

D: Greek yogurt with berries and toasted walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds.

Workout: Wasn't able to get out of bed for an early morning workout again.. Thankfully I was able to make it to the gym after work! I don't love doing weights in the evening because it is always SO busy with so many guys. I'm still working on that... So I did 15 minutes on the arc trainer and then a spin class (50 min). Some quality time with the foam roller afterwards.

Aaaand my weight was back down to 148.0 after a rest day! It may be up again tomorrow because of spin but I'm trying to drink lots of water this evening.

Just want to say I'm really enjoying this thread - reading about other people's days and such.
thekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I had a Great day today, My total calories were 1,015 which is well under my 1,700 goal.

I modified my dinner today using Volumetrics principles. I took 2/3 cup of beef stroganoff and I added 1 3/4 cup of green beans, 1 3/4 cup of stewed tomatoes and spices. This made a "HUGE MEAL" with only 452 calories. It was very tasty and filling.

Lunch
Spaghetti, 1 serving

Dinner
Kraft Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Creamy Beef Stroganoff, 2/3 cup
Cayenne Pepper - Ground, 1 tsp
Fresh-Finds Cajun Seasoning, 1 tsp
Garlic - Powder, 1 tsp
Great Value - Cut Green Beans (No Salt Added), 1 3/4 Cup
Del Monte - - Canned Stewed Tomatoes - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Hi Diana and everyone!

B: 2 pieces of dry toast and 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
L: Pinto beans with Italian sausage added
D: 1/2 peanut butter and raisen sandwich.

Surprised I was not hungry today, just a tad, good for me!
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #207  

Height: 5' 5"

Back again today! Quads are screaming after my strength class despite my stretching yesterday. I still managed a morning walk (shorter and on flatter terrain) and attended a yoga class.

I have incorporated much more fresh produce than normal into my diet the last 2 days and I feel so much better as a result. I need to just make sure to keep ingredients in stock so they are easy to consume
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #208  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks kelijpa. I still do not know what caused the gain though.

I think it was one of three things.

It could have been due to reducing my running. I used to run 6 miles a day but that was burning me out so I cut down to 3. Much more manageable.

Or it could have been giving up the beer. Here is why...I eat a lot of sodium. Beer is a diuretic. So giving up beer could have made me gain water weight from the sodium.

Or it could have just been sodium period. In Thailand I ate a lot. But a lot of fresh fish, rather than canned.

I guess time will tell.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #209  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We just got home, so I will catch up with everyone tomorrow

I wanted something with a Mexican flavor but didn't want all the calories or sodium. I found something at Jason's deli that was in a good calorie/sodium range. It was a new item for me and it tasted really good.

Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (640 Calories)
Ranchero Wrap 520 calories
steamed veggies 60 calories
fruit cup 60 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Total Body Torch w/5's
GYBB Firm & Fab Abs
GYBB Stretch & Tone Yoga
Cardio from TJ Kick Punch & Jam
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Hi everybody!

Diana - I am not sure if the protein I'm getting Is enough. I started incorporating just a little meat, 1 serving a day. This might help.

Hows the weather where you're at? It was gorgeous today and really felt like spring. Unfortunately I spent the day sleeping for 5 measly hours then coming in to work a 16 hour shift with my window-less office. So boo to that!

Weigh in 312.6 - finally a little down. Hey I'll take what I can get.

B - 1 cup plain yogurt
L - 6" Subway oven roasted chicken on flat bread
D - veggie burger with side of raw broccoli & celery
S - 1 granny smith apple and 1 orange

Exercise - none today! Crazy working hours and all. I plan to kick butt tomorrow though!

Last edited by Skettihead03; 03-11-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote