Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 08:39 PM   #16  

Hi,

We sailed around Penobscot Bay, which is full of islands, large and small, so we were never out of sight of land........one "island" was nothing more than a huge rock topped by what Cap called an ancestral Osprey nest thousands of years old. They(whoever they are) didn't start keeping track of the years until 100 years ago. We saw a couple of Bald Eagles.......one mature, and huge, the second immature, but still big. The Maine coast is absolutely spectacular..........rocky, lots of evergreens, and gorgeous clear water........must be because it's so cold Two of the crew members went swimming a couple of times........one of them for about 45 min. one night after dinner. There were several schooners anchored together, and she and a guy from another boat were swimming around visiting their friends. I guess you get used to it..........I went wading the day of the Lobster Bake on an island, and it would have to get a whole lot warmer for me to get in there! No way I could walk in, I'd have to dive and hope I didn't have a heart attack in the process:~} Saw lots of folks with kayaks:~} Lots and lots of sailboats, and they are beauties under sail.

Annie and Jimmy are wrestling in here and making me crazy, so I'm out of here.
Bubs
Old 07-03-2003, 07:57 AM   #17  

Bubbles: Your trip sounds absolutely marvelous and lots of fun! I like boating, but haven't been on a boat in years and years! Sounds like the scenery was pretty spectacular too!

Jean: Once I took the little plastic door off the box, the cat went right to it and has been using it fine and it keeps the dog out, thank goodness.

Food has been absolutely awful lately. We have this shindig for the dgs on Saturday with hotdogs and all sorts of junk, so I am kind of biding my time until Sunday and then I am going to kick butt big time again. I do get in the pool EVERY day for my 45 minutes though. I even look forward to it 95% of the time!

Keep me in your thoughts Saturday. I am dreading this pool party. Most of us would say it is because of being seen in a swimsuit, but not me, it is my daughter and my sil's family. They are stuck up, rude, arrogant people. The last time my dh and I subjected ourselves to them was for T's 1st birthday party. I sat at a table of these hens and they absolutely ignored me at every turn. If I tried to include my thoughts in a conversation, I got an ugly look and they literally talked over me like I was invisible. So we left and now I am the difficult one. We never get invited to his parties anymore and wouldn't be invited to this one except my son was supposed to be down here this weekend. He was going to be my saving grace sort of, but he is unable to come and we can't back out now. It is pretty ugly and hurtful now. I see my grandson rarely (about once a month) and he only lives across town. I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he tells me, "Mommy says she doesn't care if she sees Nonny for a whole friggin year." (keep in mind we have not had words or anything so I have no idea why) He keeps saying it over and over (he's just 3) and I laughed at it because she is on the other line and telling him to stop saying that, she never said it etc. Now you and I both know 3 years olds mimic big time so she told SOMEBODY that! I told dh I could care less whether she sees me or not as long as we get to see T. She is one very difficult person, thinks we were bad parents because we were strict, didn't have money and couldn't spend big $ on the kids , thinks because she is an adult that means you can say anything or do anything you want no matter how hurtful to the other person. Let me give you just ONE example of what goes on with us for birthdays and Christmas for T. I don't know I told you about the clothes thing, but I bought him two outfits ($50) for his birthday while we were in Houston and she told me she hated them and he would never wear them. She also wouldn't let me have them to keep at my house in case I would put them on him. So now about 2 1/2 months ago I had him and was babysitting and we were in Walmarts and I let him try on a new "big boys" bike. He loved it and so I told Kelly I thought we would get him a bike for his birthday and she of course said NO that he hadn't mastered his tricycle yet so of course I didn't. Then about 2 weeks ago, I said I was going to buy him those little remote race cars from Radio Shack and she didn't want me to get that either. He also really wanted this pool toy Bruce the shark from Finding Nemo and I said I would get it for him and she told me no. So he got $100 from us for his trip to Disneyworld and that was all. She stalled us at every turn about buying him gifts. Well bet you can guess without much trouble. The sil's snot of a sister (she is 43 by the way not 12 or something) bought him the pool toy, dd and sil got him the cars, and the old bat and her husband got him a new bike and gave him a piggy bank with $100 in it! I am so darn tired of this. I have decided right this minute, that from now on, I don't care if he gets 100 of the same thing, I am going to buy him what I want and lie to her if I have to about what we are getting him. I get 3rd degreed every bd or Christmas about what we are planning on getting him so she can #1 tell us no and #2 tell us what SHE wants us to buy instead. Now, what will happen is they will take whatever we bought back and probably put the money in his savings account or something, but at least I have the satisfaction of buying him what I want to. Though the other grandparents have T everyday as they sit for him until his dad gets home in the evening, they eat over there almost every night, he stays overnight with them at least once a week. I have begged to let him come spend the night and she either outright refuses or makes excuses even when I offer to come and get him and bring him home. I never get to take care of him anymore and he is never alone with us she is always with him. She acts sometimes like we are child molesters or something. This is just a tip of the iceberg as far as what goes on.

I am sorry to go on and on ladies, but most of you if not all have grandchildren and I know it would probably break your heart if you were in this situation with your grandchildren. I haven't said anything because it is embarrassing to admit your daughter treats you like gum on her shoe, but it is to the point where I have to talk to someone other that dh about it. He told me the other night that if it weren't that T was so important to us, he would tell her off once and for all and he WOULD too.

Thanks for listening to my tale of woe. Sorry I mucked up your day with this!

Faye
Closed Thread