Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #46  

Hello everyone! I just finished eating a delicious Indian meal that I cooked. It consisted of spicy chickpeas, and chicken breast marinated in fat free yogurt with spices. I had about a 1/2 cup of white rice with it, which wasn't the optimal choice, but that's ok.

This morning I went to the track with my family and we did a mile. I had to go 1/4 mile carrying my 44 pound nephew, which made it more difficult!

Thanks to everyone for posting their days. It is so inspirational
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #47  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Serenity I have actually found that a lot of Whole Food's frozen/fresh veggies are comparable in price to the regular grocery store. Also, their organic carton egg whites are cheaper. We recently got a Trader Joe's down the street from Whole Foods. I have yet to buy anything from Trader Joe's. They have the allergy disclaimers on all of their food and it made me totally paranoid. (I didn't really need much help in that department. ) I still haven't looked at the Cardio Karate clip again. I need to. I don't think I would like that workout either. I don't have a pull up bar. Did you and the family do anything fun today?

Itsmyturn How was the BBQ today? I did Max Interval Plyo today. It was really hard, but I compare it to when I first started Insanity. Yes, I was kneeling on the floor in my sweat for parts of the workout. The last exercise was the balance push ups. Let's just say that they did 12 and I did 2. I really worked it to get those 2 done. Oh boy!

worththeeffort2 Excellent job on the 60 minute walk!

Steph Sorry about the stress eating. It's really hard, especially with all of that going on. I hope today was a better day for you.

novangel Great job on the workout! I hear you on getting beat up with your workout. I can totally relate.

TheLauren Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-03-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1105 Calories + I didn't get hungry today for some reason. I thought about eating, but didn't see the point since I wasn't even close to being hungry. Very odd for me. Last day of the shingles medicine.

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch/Dinner (710 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Raspberry sorbet 110 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Maximum Interval Plyo

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-03-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #49  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi all... I think this thread is just what I need to get back on track.... I've had a house full of family here this past week and don't get me wrong, I love them to death... but for some reason they're driving me absolutely freaking CRAZY!

Today I just drank a lot of coffee and had real croissant that was freshly baked from a little artisanal boulangerie that was so worth it (I'm sorry but I'm never going to give those up)... Than I popped off to one of my favorite local restaurants up here in the country that's owned by a lovely couple who are very dear friends of mine (and who always want to feed me...) but I politely declined all the little nibbles that everyone wanted me to try and just had a bloody mary sans the vodka because I still had to get a workout in...and let me tell you that virgin mary really hit the spot... I mean it was like a meal in itself... I had my friend make it for me special, just the way I like it... extra spicy with freshly grated horseradish and tabasco and like a whole salad bar in it... a celery stalk, a carrot stick, a cucumber slice, a radish slice, and a nice juicy lemon wedge... Yum!

But as lovely as it was to see everyone... I decided to bow out gracefully before the chef really started to send out all those special dishes that I'm all to familiar with... So it was hug,hug,kiss,kiss... and I am outa here...!

Than back to house where it was time to strap on the aqua jogger belt, jump in the pool and bang out a long "run"

With my workout out of the way... It was time to whip up dinner...so I fired up the grill and put a chicken on one of the rotisserie spits, grilled some fresh asparagus, threw together a salad and with some really juicy watermelon slices for dessert... Dinner Accomplished!

Ended the evening back in the pool and a nice soothing soak in the hot tub and called it a day...

Now if only every day could just be like this...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #50  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
I sort of want to pretend it's Monday or that I think it's Monday then skip New Haven and lie about it...LOL. I'm having a bit of a devious mind this morning. My body is exhausted. When we moved here we had bulk trash every month during the summer, but it changed to only June and Sept. June snuck up on us so we got nothing out, but yesterday, we did it. We cleared out our entire basement of everything that wasn't gym, music and heating systems (to be installed before winter). Everything. DH asked is there anything you want? I said we have been junking stuff down there since the day we moved in, it's either junk (literally) or things we've forgotten about and let's face after 16 years of forget, it's not worth keeping. So we just gave quick glances then tossed. The basement looks bizarre now. Now he has an entire area for setting up a music studio, drum platform and all. You can see the happy hamster wheel turning in his head. Finally a house that hold all his passion (Me included )

Sacred sounds like a wonderful day. I drooled a little when I read about the freshly baked croissant...mmm, that sounds so yummy Welcome to Check-In.

TheLauren great job on walking the track. How did you carry your nephew? A lot of people wear backpacks with weights in them for added weight, extra workout. But usually carrying a child is on the hip, puts us off a little On Saturday, I tried to carry my 12 year old, I got maybe 20 steps...she is double your nephew and I was giving her a piggy back Welcome to Check-in.

novangel good workout. Welcome to Check-in.

Steph I hear you on the prices of outlet stores, but like Diana pointed out, in the regular store, those same exact dresses are almost twice the price. SO if you think 150 is crazy imagine 300! I so don't get name brand fashion, but I'm a second hand diva myself.

worththeeffort very nice walk.

ItsMyTurn what town did you go to? I love BBQ and so miss it...one day. I hope you had a great day.

serenity I am high on the testosterone levels...PCOS is the cause or so they say...I get tired of listening I get the lovely whiskers and mustache, that I'm constantly making sure does not grow more than a day. When my DH is being mean (he thinks it's cute and funny) he brings up the whiskers on my chin...so mean The one thing about having the hysterectomy is I don't see changes in TTOM. It's been two years, doc said she was giving me two by leaving the ovaries, so it's a possibility. I guess, I'll have to start reading up on it. I'm going to try and get through it hormone free, I take enough medication and I'm used to feeling crazy

Diana I'm not sure if I tried Rudi's or not. I haven't eaten bread in over a year. Right now I don't want to start something I might get addicted to again. I still got a long way to go, but once in maintenance, I'll definitely look into it. I miss toast and sandwiches. The fever didn't last long and it wasn't high, I was more concerned about the bleeding. All seems okay now. Thank goodness. I always fear bleeding now because of how bad things got in 2010, but it's not one of those things diet and exercise helps with so I have to always keep a constant watch. It's funny you mentioned Trader Joe's allergin alert...I only ever bought nuts there. Everything else is so pricey and some of it taste like dogfood (according to my children). Our whole foods is way pricier than our regular grocery store even on the same items, but they do have tons of gluten free stuff which is what we used to go there for...when I was still trying to eat carbs and stay thin.

Well my kittens are waiting to be whisked off to school. So I will bid you all a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Ugh! Where did the long weekend go?

Calories for yesterday: 1105 + (too low, but didn't feel up to par)
Weigh In: 153.6
Down: .2

SacredKestrel Hi and welcome to the check-in! :wave2: It sounds like you had a fantastic day!

Mamakat Good luck with New Haven. I hope your day goes well.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #52  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone

Thanks for all the good posts. And SacredKestral, welcome!

I'm up early to head out for the pool in a while. LOL I tried every way in the world to talk myself out of it this morning, but am going to force myself to go. I have never been to this pool before, but they have lap lanes and Lazy River both open at 6 so will go check it out. Still "stuck" on the weight thing but it has to go down eventually.

I really wanted my weight to be down more by today, as I see my doctor this afternoon. She is so totally supportive and has a "you can do it" attitude. Still, last time I saw her I was at 270 so I have made progress; she will be pleased and encouraging.

Have a great day, everyone.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-04-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #53  

My stats for Monday

Breakfast (before workout)

2 small slices healthy made pizza
4 baby dill pickles

Snack (while out grocery shopping)
a few fresh apple slices

Lunch
Large portion roasted chicken
3 baby dill pickles

Snack
Average size bowl of mixed Perfect Protein Salad and Rainbow Salad (from PCC Natural Market)

Dinner
2 slices of Whole Grain Goodness bread
3 oz tuna packet
1 slice tomato
3 baby dill pickles

Exercise
2 hours 15 minutes (135 minutes) pool workout, including deep water laps and exercise, water dancing; Lazy River going upstream with water weights, aerobic workout; spa.

AM weight

Old 09-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #54  

Mamakat, I was carrying him on my hip. He said he ran out of energy and needed help getting around!

Today I got up at 6:45 and started the first week of C25K. I feel great! I also drank warm water with lemon, which is something I'm trying to make a habit of.

Tonight is my WW weigh-in. I'm actually excited, because I know I've lost something.

Thanks to everyone for being so friendly. I can foresee this forum being a huge help towards success.

Last edited by TheLauren; 09-04-2012 at 10:03 AM.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

LOL ItsMyTurn some men with their clothes..it's funny. I hear you on the no sleep, it's all gonna pay off in the end I bet anyway Hope the BBQ was great!

WorthTheEffort sounds like a productive day. I love French onion soup too.

Steph sounds like a busy time coming up with the bathroom. Sorry about your friend as that's always hard no matter what the circumstances.

NovaAngel I did Ripped in 30 too! I did week 1 and I feel it in the thighs today for sure. I didn't go all out because I'm learning the moves and I tend to baby my feet and knees, but most things were rocking!

TheLauren WTG on the mile! I'm glad you've got your family too I hope your weigh in goes well.

Diana unfortunately yesterday was a dud after my workouts. My period came with a vengence Saturday night and it was the worst one since my surgery (February)...so weird. I ended up crashing out on the couch and just making the family black eye peas and ham (really defrosting it as I made it a month ago and just had to heat it up). So weird because my workouts were good so I thought that might help the cramps, it didn't help but it didn't make them worse either...groan. It's better today, but still the worst one since. I hope hope hope when I get my imaging study done (between November and February he said just whenever) the fibroids are NOT back and/or there are not new ones. It sucks to spend time and money on something to have it not help, but it's ONE time and hopefully a fluke.

SacredKestrel that's family eh? Even though I love visiting, sometimes I just go nuts (especially with MIL and while we get along great--she's hard to take in large doses for my husband more so than me). Great workout, great food, I think you had a great day!

YAY MAMAKAT! Cleaning out the basement sounds great! I always feel so "light" after that stuff. I really think for me there is something to house clutter/body clutter so to speak and love the feeling of lightness, plus it's easier to clean. I had a Norplant once and got the mustache and the beard. I already have a problem with facial hair, but this was like UNBELIEVABLE. It would grow so fast it would be in lipstick by the 3 o'clock hour DAILY. I got that sucker out as soon as possible. My new (I moved cross country during this time) said that I should NEVER have been given one, I wasn't a candidate, and at that time I had no idea (it was like 1993ish). Hormones...argh!!!

Misti I hope the doctor appointment goes well and you end up really enjoying the pool today

Calories for Sunday 1207. Okay I was NOT hungry like I had been, so now I really think it's DEFINITELY cycle related. It wasn't like I had to force myself to eat yesterday (I've had those days too), but I was perfectly fine food wise. I did Jillian's week 1 of Ripped in 30, but my weights were terrible for me...3, 5, and 7. I know that's not a big deal and I'm learning the moves, but it's hard to believe 10 years ago where I was and where I am now. But anyway not going to dwell on that, I also did 55 minutes of APY60 (power yoga). Today I think I'll do CardioKarate, hopefully a CARDIO one, and then power yoga obviously is my love!
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #56  

Hi everyone!

Woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo take a look at my new mini-ticker! I finally beat off that 50th pound! Did a 1.5 hour pool workout early this morning and came home and there was the long-awaited 256!!! I am going to wear the lightest weight outfit I can to the doctor's office in hopes her scale will show in the 250s (with clothes and after I just ate breakfast).

mamakat, Quejos are kind of hard to describe. However, if you google on the name there is a website that tells all about them. The come in Fresh Jalapeno (delicious even tho I normally don't care all that much for Jalapeno), Sundried Tomato & Basil, Flaxseed & Almond, Black Olive, Extra Cheese, Fresh Garlic, Fresh Spinach & Onion. It might be interesting to try grilled cheese with them; perhaps I will try. But they are much harder to eat than regular bread... kind of hard and chewy.

Diana, for workouts I plan to check out all the fall schedules of the pools around here and do the best I can. Fortunately I am kind of centrally located where there are quite a few pools with 5-20 miles although, unfortunately, most of them have the classes during the early evening. But I've found a couple where I can get in to work out by 5:30 or 6:00 PM. Still later than I would like but do-able.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-04-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #57  

Yes!! I like this idea. Will keep me accountable. I will try to post calorie and exercise.
Current weight: 166.2
Starting wt: 167 (last week)
Last year I was weighing 157 at my lowest so gained lots of pounds! However my steady weight for a long time was 174 so it is still lower than my highest!

But back to exercise and dieting
Did 3.25 miles walking uphill on a treadmill: calories burned 400
Would love to eat veggies and protein for dinner and stay away from White rice. However at 8:00 p.m all my resolve seems to vanish and even half a cup of rice seems to undo my day's worth of work
Anyways will update tomorrow
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #58  

Hi Rasagolla! Glad you decided to join the thread

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-04-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #59  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

My bathroom reno is underway. So far, so good.

I had to move my scale, though. I weighed myself in the bathroom this morning and was thrilled to see 135. Then I moved the scale to another spot (hard to find a level piece of floor in my old house) and it showed 138.4 - noooo!!!! I know it's just a psychological thing, but I'll be bummed if my "true" weight is 138. It will be interesting to see what I weigh next week, when the new floor is in.

Misti, congrats on hitting your 50 goal!

mamakat, we have a bulk trash day once a year. I love it. This year, I really cleaned out my basement. It's not all that usable since it's so damp, but at least it's tidier now.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #60  

Thank you Misti! Congrats on your 50 !!

Last edited by Rasagolla; 09-04-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote