Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

MamaKat :groughug: I am sorry you are going through a tough time. I will be sending up positive vibes for you and even if you are not online much, know I will be thinking about you. I think asking for help is a HUGE thing and I am proud of you for realizing it AND asking.

Oh IsabellaOliva you are NOT kidding about not seeing your mom, plus you have to sometimes lose other family members and friends rarely understand. Good going on the walk and calories for the day! Good luck on the weigh in.

Woot on the new low Misti! I remember living once place that had great pizza (i.e., not a chain) and it was $$. Like a large would be $30, but it was WORTH $30 hands down (this was around 2000-2001). I am going to scour recipes for a lower calorie version to see what I can do at home too. LOl about trying to flush it out, I do that too. I had this weird job at one point where I did have to do photo shoots and had to look fit and slim (it was fitness-related). I would literally drink 2-3 gallons of green tea before hand and no starch for a few days just to look a little better, and it worked. I did eat carbs, i.e., in the form of veggies (I don't like fruit that much except for watermelon) and yogurt, but it works. My scale has stalled, BUT I really think it's due to the fact I added in Jillian Michaels circuit-type stuff versus just cardio. I AM definitely measuring smaller and I think my neck is actually showing weight loss if you can believe it

Diana I "sort" of previewed them just discs 1-5. I didn't want to view too much because I'd be doing them for a month at a time if I follow the rotation and I don't want to be bored because of the additional preview. The only thing I *might* change up is the Cardio workout you do 8 times I think a month, the same one. I might mix it with her other new kickbox one and the old kickbox one from some Biggest Loser set. She said something like it's "extra credit" the cardio so I figure whatever works. I will start Monday and another 3fatchick member started last night, but she's not posting only checking in with me via P.M. for now. Hopefully, I can encourage her some more to go public as I think it'd help her with goals too.

Shishkeberry "free" is EXACTLY the word I use all the time when I do talk about not seeing her and cutting my mom out. It's like a HUGE weight has been lifted. Before I'd have to think about nearly every decision I made (I mean even changing laundry detergent brands she could find some way to get pissed at me about) and now it's like I feel ALIVE and free! I pray I never EVER make my children feel this way about me. I want them to visit and stuff when they are older out of wanting to visit..not guilt. I hear you on the phone and personals. You can usually tell if I'm on the phone or the iPad because I won't use so many bold characters, if any, and no smilies really. And there WILL be typos.

Steph how are the cats today?

Rasagolla I hope you're feeling better.

Berry how are you? Getting more in the swing of things?

Well the scale is apparently stalled, but like I said above I think it's the workout change because I've been pretty good calorie wise, although I dunno yesterday I had 3 diet cokes (I had a headache and hoped the caffeine would help) so maybe that? I dunno if it continues I'll reevaluate, meanwhile I am losing inches to the tune of like 1/2 inch off the waist a week I'm figuring and slight off the thighs. I'm seeing my neck and collarbones looking different and *I* am glad the boobage is shrinking. My husband isn't sad or happy about it, thankfully while he is a breast man...it's more about symmetry for him than being huge or something...wow TMI?

ANYWAY....

Yesterday was 1495 calories, 60 minutes of APY60 (yoga) and then week 2 of Ripped in 30 by Jillian. I must confess I'm doing girl push ups and renegade rows on my knees, but geez by the time the workout is done I am drenched (and ha ha the AC is fixed so it's not that )

Hope everyone has a successful and wonderful day.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

WyldFyr I can't seem to get back into the swing of things as far as housework now that summer is over...terrible eh? I really hope I am soon because I'd love to have a super clean (although it's CLEAN just not super clean) and COMPLETELY organized house come the holidays.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #198  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone....

Decided to head up to my place in the country to start my weekend a little bit early...

Got a half hour swim in and was looking forward to just relaxing by the pool with my coffee... but it wasn't to be... the lawn service and the gardeners showed up.... so much for some peace and quiet... oh, well...

Today's Plan

B: 1 egg, scrambled
1 english muffin, toasted
1 turkey sausage link
some frozen green grapes
coffee with steamed skim milk
400 cal approx.

L: Salad with local micro greens and heirloom tomatoes and a light roquefort
dressing
400 cal approx.

D: Roch Shrimp with Cilantro and Mango Tacos and Lime Sorbet
500 cal approx.

And if I'm hungry during the day... I'll have some cottage cheese and fruit... and if I'm really hungry I'll have a handful of wasabi almonds too...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 09-13-2012 at 12:42 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #199  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Serenity- LOL about the butt insert things I do have a mat sitting there right where I work out that I can roll up and use. I was thinking to get some serious puzzle piece gym type matting from walmart, I see they have it relatively cheap. But Idk why I didn't think to roll up the yoga mat I already have. Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it works!

Diva-I want weighted gloves anyway, I'll see if my dad has a pair. It's great you seem to have built strength in your wrists. Hopefully I will too. Tomorrow is Pure Cardio AND cardio abs...I've never done cardio abs, I'm looking forward to it!

for us all!!!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #200  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

mescelestus - Great job on kicking the Insanity Cario Abs hurts. It's short, but ouchies. Took me twice to figure out I have to split those 2 workouts up and not do them back to back within a few mins of each other

Diana - Stress causing the lips sounds extremely probable. I am SOOO glad you corrected yourself on thinking you like that workout I peeked and went "what?!? She is a sick woman!" I blame temporary "Insanit", It happens! I am doing recover for the next few days and jumping into month 2 after. Back on track and ready to kill it. I am exhausted today, but have to fit in the workout so tomorrow night can be my "off" day due to going out right after work lets out. I will say out of month 1 workouts... even though there is no break with Cardio... I still think the resistance/power one is the hardest to do. It's all the dang pushups...and moving pushups.. and then trying to actually MOVE afterwards,
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #201  

SacredKestrel your lunch sounds delicious! I am going to try it out soon! Awesome job SerenityDiva on Yoga and Ripped! IsabellaOlivia I loved your exercise. When I go window shopping in the mall you don’t even feel the exercise but you are doing it. I wish I could do that instead of the gym everyday
I am still not feeling good so no exercise but stuck to not eating a heavy dinner. Scale: 162.2 (down by .4). I can’t wait to reach mini-goal 1 of 159.

Last edited by Rasagolla; 09-13-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #202  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

New low today! 216! I'm thinking there's a very good chance that I'll be in onederland by Christmas. Oh, best Christmas gift ever!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #203  
Warrior Princess

Hey all, I did manage to get Jillian done late last night but forgot to check in. I didn't get to bed until almost midnight but the move is complete. Be back tonight and then Saturday is usually my rest day.

I must say I'm pretty amazed at my endurance these days, when I first started Jillian I thought I was going to DIE. I can't believe I can make it through now and live to tell about it. She's tough. Best fitness trainer ever IMO.

Have a good day everyone.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Novangel: Good on the Jillian

Shish: Congrats on the weigh in

Sacred: Keep up the good work.

SerenityDiva: Pushups are tough. Girl version is hard enough.

Calories: 1526
Exercise: 20 min walk

I drank extra water today. I've forgotten during my "summer break" that I feel lagged and dragged when I'm dehydrated.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #205  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Shish, congrats on the weigh in! Onederland by Christmas is a great goal. Good luck!

novangel, I hear ya on how great it feels to get fitter. I love that I can trot up to my 3rd floor office without getting out of breath. I can do an hour of cardio or of strength training and not feel exhausted - sweet!

Sacred, I hope you're getting the same great weather we are here in Albany. It's been fabulous all week.

Mamakat, I hope you get off the ward soon and keep checking in.

Serenity, I'd love a super clean and organized house, too. I wish someone would take care of that for me! The bathroom reno forced me to do some cleaning, since the sheetrock dust gets everywhere. Once that's completely done, I'm going to get my closets organized.

kittycat update: Zack got sprung from the hospital today and is home. His ear looks awful. They had to slice it open and stitch it back up, so there's no hair and it's pretty mangled looking. He was quite the pretty boy, but not anymore. The whole thing has been a real mess and I'm not sure we're any closer to figuring out why his ear keeps getting infected.

I've managed to get some exercise in and my eating hasn't been too bad, but I'd like to do better. Same as it ever was!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 4'11"

SerenityDiva I soo know what you mean lol Today the hubby finally took out our air conditioner in the living room window and now things are getting back to where I like them. I still have more stuff that needs to be arranged to go to the dump. So before he goes into the hospital we're going to be going through the house for a whole spring cleaning/makeover kinda thing lol

For exercise tonight I'm changing it up, instead of the treadmill I'm going to play on the Wii and play my favorite game. Badminton. I actually play it like I would be playing it irl. My oldest son thinks I'm nuts but to me since no one plays I will do it virtual /real life on the Wii lol

Hope everyone's night is a good one, Tomorrow is Friday, Yay!
Wyldfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #207  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Rasagolla - hope you feel better soon!

Shish - Congrats on the new low!

novangel - You will only get stronger with each passing moment of drive and determination as you exercise Great job!

Isabella - Awesome job on the water!

Steph - Great job on the exercise

Wyld - That's great to keep it fresh!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #208  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Shishkeberry I hope the Dr appointment went well today. Congrats on the new low!

Misti Good job on getting back to where you were. Like you said, now you can start working your way back down.

Isabella Did you buy a scale today?

Mamakat Hi Keeping you in my thoughts. Come back when you can.

Serenity Good job on the inches. Sometimes the weight takes a little more time. Good job on those workouts. I don't think any of us will ever forget about your A/C situation. I can see that happening to me.

SacredKestrel Maybe you can get some time by the pool tomorrow. That sounds awesome!

Mescelestus The weighted gloves, that I used for the push ups has the weight across the back of the hand. It makes it where you don't over extend your arm over your wrist. Another thought is a hand brace. I wonder how that would work?

Itsmyturn Oh, but in the next month, Shaun makes up some new types of push ups. There's like suicide push ups, power push ups, and many other ones that I am trying to forget. Tomorrow is the Core Cardio and Balance workout from last month. Sunday I will do my next fit test. I hope you had a good day at work.

Rasagolla Good job on the .4. I like doing mall walks. I don't do window shopping though. I try to walk closer to the inside. There are not as many people there. I try to do 5 miles in less than 50 minutes.

Novangel Great job sticking with your workouts and building up your endurance.

Steph I'm glad Zack is back home. I hope he heals quickly and hopefully he you/him won't have to deal with it again. Good job on the exercise and eating. Just keep working it and do the best you can.

Wyldfyr Badminton sounds fun! Enjoy!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #209  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1520 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 calories)
4 grilled shrimp 50 calories
4 grilled scallops 50 calories
grilled tilapia 100 calories
sauteed zucchini/yellow squash 100 calories
Arctic zero chocolate mint 200 calories (I heard this has more calories than the carton says. Carton says 150 calories)
6 roasted peanuts in shell 100 calories

Exercise:
Insanity Maximum Cardio Conditioning
Insanity Cardio Abs
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #210  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone. Catching up on all your posts. No time for personals tonight, as it was my second night out in a row. At our church community dinner tonight my close friend commented on how much more fit I am looking. Even though she is a special friend she still would not have said it had it not been honest. Then when I was coming down the stairs to leave a woman sitting down there said "you are melting away before my eyes." So I know my weight loss is showing, yippeeeeeee.

Food log in another post
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote