Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #16  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'5'

Hi everyone! I'd like to join your group. I'm trying to get on track and right now my only goal is to get through tomorrow I think daily accountability would be helpful since I really just have to take it one day at a time!

Tomorrow's goals:

Elliptical tomorrow morning (at least 20 mins)

Healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks

Eat in moderation during dinner at Mom's house
Pink Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello, everyone... and to the newbies a special

Diana, how sad about your friend's granddaughter. I am praying for all involved. And yes, it does matter to people that others care, and every little bit everyone can do help matters. It is by all joining together that we can make a difference.

Regarding the pastor... it was not my pastor but I go to the small town of Coupeville on Whidbey Island about once a month; have become super close friends with the innkeepers of a B&B there. So Coupeville is kind of my "second home" and I have visited this church several times, plus I have a lot of good photos of the area.

This pastor was just out clearing weeds and fell over the edge of a bluff, about 35 feet. He was hanging there upside down, with a broken back, for about 3 hours before a woman walking on the beach spotted him, and he was airlifted to a hospital in Seattle. C7 spinal fracture, which means total paralysis for life in lower part of his body and wheelchair bound. They are not sure how much use he will have of his upper body, hands and arms, and he is in rehab for physical therapy.

The benefit auction and concert is going to be fantastic. Johnny Bulldog (Credence Clearwater Revisited) is donating his group's time, and the silent auction will be prior to the concert.

I printed out several 13"x19" photos and took them down. A woman in the church there contacted someone at the art school who said she would be happy to donate the time to mat them, enclose them in cellophane, etc., and get them into the auction. Also took two that I had here framed, that I had done for an art show. I hated to part with one of them, ha, but I figured I can get another one framed similarly to have for myself.

Three of my friends there in Coupeville are going to the auction/concert with me. I was not planning to go next weekend but made arrangements to stay just Friday night.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #18  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

hey all - just a quick pop in. Today was a good day. Busy - but successful. Now, I'm beat!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Serenity Congrats on that pound gone! I think I saw at VF that Body Revolution is out of stock at Collage and Mary site. I don't think they are getting it back in. Maybe you can get it from Amazon. Isn't it funny how we relate to instructors. I totally love Chalene Johnson in the cardio workouts from TJ and TF but hate her in the weight workouts. I will not do them. I refuse! I hate going to the floor for push ups, etc. The only people that have been able to get me to go to the floor is Chris Freytag in #10 Slimdown Xtreme, Kathy Smith in Project You Full Body Circuit, and Shaun T in Insanity. Also, as another funny, I hate Chris Freytag in all of her other workouts. I only like her in #10 Slimdown Xtreme.

Steph Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Excellent job on the 6 mile walk!

Itsmyturn NOOOO! You are turning on me and agreeing with my DH! I agree, though. Both of you are right. I am totally impatient and want the water weight gone. I am totally impatient and want the shingles to be gone. I need to learn some patience. It will just take a little time. Oh, no you don't! You are not a failure in this journey. You have more going on than any of us want to even consider having to do. You are functioning on very little sleep. The body is not suppose to function like that. I agree about checking your calories. It is so easy to have a little extra here and there. It all adds up, unfortunately. Maybe break up the Insanity workouts. Do an Insanity workout one day and a nice rejuvenating walk the next. It will take a little longer to get though the second month, but you might benefit from it. Also, walking helps with stress more than anything else. Also, what about using the pool as exercise. You can swim laps for 30 minutes, etc. Your body won't have any stress/impact from the swim. This may be a good compromise while allowing you get everything done. I hope you had a great day!

Ilovemo Were you able to add in a few extra calories?

Novangel What kind of workout did you do today?

Pink Lola Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Misti That is very sad about the pastor. I hope the auction is very successful.

Berry I'm glad you had a good day. I hope you rest well tonight.

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-01-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #20  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1865 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (270 Calories)
Ricotta cheese 210 calories
pineapple chunks 60 calories

Dinner (1200 calories)
Cucumber/tomato/light ranch dressing 100 calories
meat loaf 300 calories
mashed potatoes 250 calories
sweet peas 150 calories
chocolate cake w/vanilla icing 400 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves
Old 09-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 251/196/145

Hello,

I'd love to join this thread for the month.

Here's a quick intro as to were I'm at on my journey and also because I'm new here. In April I started doing a raw food diet plan were I lost 60 lbs in 4 months. This past two months though I started to struggle with that particular plan and decided that I wanted to tailor my eating plan so as not to feel so limited and work more on the behavorial aspects of my emotional eating so here I am looking for a little support for the journey. I'm really excited to be here this looks like a great supportive forum.

Right now I'd like my diet to stay high raw. The program I was doing before was kinda strict so this month I'm focusing more on getting back on track and working on the emotional aspects of my food issues. I want to shift my energies to a more positive outlook and get back to enjoying eating raw foods but also be able to spurlge here and there some. Since I'm doing more raw my food logs my seem a little different but I'm aiming for 1200 to 1500 calories everyday. With lots of walking as well.

Wow I didn't mean to ramble on so long there. Sorry

Here's my first day of this month:

Food was not so great.

Exercise was awesome. I walked 2.5 hrs with a average heart rate of 130 bpm.

Have a great weekend everyone.
starc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #22  
Trying to live below 200

starc4 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Never worry about "rambling on". That's part of figuring out what works for us.

ETA: We just had some breaking news here. They found the men that killed the girl I was talking about earlier.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #23  
Warrior Princess

Diana, right now I'm working on Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. You're supposed to advance a level every week but I usually spend a month (or longer) on each level because she's so hard.

I also just ordered Jari Love's Get Ripped but honestly I found it too easy but I will still toy with it a couple times a week. I can't return it since it's already opened so may as well put it to use for a while. I use 10p weights which is plenty but she doesn't do as many reps as I would like...Maybe I can modify a bit. My biceps are definitely sore today but that's it.

I'll be back Monday. Have a nice weekend everyone!
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 251/196/145

Thank you for the welcome Diana3271.
starc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

No Diana, I wasnt. I actually didnt even have dinner.. i dont know whats up.. Just dont have an appetite.. =\
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #26  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

to all the newcomers Nice to have each of you here! This place can be a lifesaver at times

Berry - Great to see ya

Diana - Glad they found the guy. Glad to see you broke out the TurboFire Way to work it!!!

Today I had a great visit with a friend and ended up kicking out a huge project of my closet. My closet is the size of a room, but I saw sneakers by my bookcase, and that started me going. Never leave me alone in a room with my thoughts and downtime - never good. Ended up at the store getting storage containers and a bigger shoe rack. Rearranged everything and not quite done yet. Will finish that up tomorrow. While my friend Katie was here, talked her into doing an Insanity workout with me, but I wanted something with more kick (amazing how a night of sleep does that for a person), so we did the Cardio Resistance one Did a ton of swimming and hung with Katie and my daughter and ended up doing some dancing too. Active day, on target for food today, and hoping the rest of the weekend goes this good. Also got an invite for a BBQ at another friend's place Monday (a friend I met on MFP actually). Hope everyone else is enjoying the weekend!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #27  

Hi everybody. It's 1:30 AM and I am wide awake so coming here instead of raiding the kitchen, ha. Amazing though... I really am not even all that tempted; I think it is more the knowledge that in the past I would have been! So I guess that is an NSV. I did eat a 4 oz container of applesauce but that was because I took a pain pill and they tend to upset my stomach.

Star4c And thanks for the intro. You are definitely right that we need to approach this from a positive outlook; and I find that actually I DO eat a lot more yummy food when I am on track!

I just realized I did not post my food yesterday, but I was on track. LOL my exercise was walking up and down the street in Coupeville trying unsuccessfully to find my gas cap, which I accidentally left on the trunk of my car and drove off. Fortunately it was not raining, and there was an auto parts store not too far away!

Has anyone tried Quejos? They are a great bread substitute; in fact I was mistakenly calling them "bread" but was informed they are not (but to me they still seem like a type of bread). Made from manioc root, they are wheat-free, yeast-free, gluten-free and dairy-free. None of those things really matter to me, as I eat all of the above, but I also try to incorporate more things into my nutrition. Plus I just really like the Quejos and they are something different. Come in several different flavors.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-02-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #28  

Food for 9/1

Breakfast
1 slice Whole Grain Goodness toast (dry)
1 steamed egg
1 banana

Snack
Small cup coffee with 2 liquid creamers

Lunch
Sun dried tomato/basil Quejos with Vegenaise, onion, tomatoes, 2 kinds lettuce, avocado

Snack
Small bag organic dark chocolate coated almonds

Dinner
2 small slices healthy made pizza
small serving baked beans
4 small baby dill pickles

Snack (1 AM because I took a pain pill, to hopefully prevent stomach reaction)
4 oz unsweetened applesauce

Exercise
Approx 30 minutes of walking

AM Weight 257

Note: It is currently 3:45 AM, been awake since 1:00 AM, and I am starving LOL. Must try to go back to sleep and stay out of the kitchen!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 09-02-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #29  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

To all newcomers, so glad to have you.

My foot ended up getting better a lot sooner than expected so after the sun was heading east DH, DD and I went for the boardwalk walk. It was low tide so we decided to walk to Charles Island, lots of folklore surrounding that place, but it's a bird sanctuary now and they won't allow you past the beach. Both my Scots complained the entire time. I'm beginning to not like walking with company. DD got blister, she refuses to wear proper walking shoes, so I had to walk slow with her on our way back home. It's hard, like driving 25mph. I had to circle back several times or just stop to let her catch up. I'm so used to walking fast.

Diana I'm so glad they found the men. I agree with Misti every little bit helps. Even small gestures are gestures from the heart and right now your friends need to see people still have hearts. It's was a inhumane thing they've experienced, they've got to see not all people are beastly. It will help them, take my word for it

I'm sorry for not doing personals...after yesterday, (or I should say the night before) I'm off my game so I'm going to keep it short.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #30  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I had another gain on the scale this morning. It must be from the shingles or the medicine for it. It's funny (not!) when I wake and get up, I can feel that my belly is bigger. That's where I feel that I am holding the most water right now. I can also tell that I am not peeing much as I normally do.

I think we are going downtown and do the tourist thing today. I am wanting to look around Market Street, King Street, The Battery, and eat at Hank's Seafood Restaurant. So far, I just woke and DH is still in bed. Someone better make a move or this does not look very promising.

I want to share something really interesting that I have discovered since the IgE receptor antibody (for Angio Edema) diagnosis. I am no longer obsessed with food. Now, this had been since last Monday, tomorrow is another day. I just may become obsessed with it again tomorrow. This whole "food allergy" thing for the last couple of years really messed with my head. It seems like once I got that diagnosis, I have really relaxed. Before, all I could think about was what I was going to eat when I knew what I was allergic to. I mentioned about my getting mad because I couldn't have things, etc. It has been horrible. I know that I can have things now, but I am not interested. I know I am up on the scale and I don't like it. I can't help it though because of what's going on with the shingles. I have continued to stick with my food plan and calorie ranges. It's amazing how my outlook has changed with that diagnosis. I have the rest of my life to eat the things I want.

Calories for yesterday: 1865 +
Weigh In: 152.4
Up: .8

Novangel Good job on the JM workouts! Nothing wrong with spending extra time on the sections. You are just building more strength. See you on Monday!

Ilovemo I wonder if you are coming down with something? Any other symptoms? I hope everything is OK.

Itsmyturn Awesome day for you! (and a good night's rest!) What did your friend Katie think about Insanity? She obviously survived! I don't know that we can say the same for ourselves. Good job on the food, too. I hope you got some rest last night, too. I have been sleeping pretty well since I have been using the ACV on the shingles blisters. I think between the antihistamine and the antiviral medicine, I am getting knocked out cold! I can hear the renewed energy in your post! Love it! I hope you have another fantastic day!

Misti I have never heard of Quejos. I suppose they taste like bread, right? What is the shape? loaf, tortilla, roll? Did you get them from a bakery or food market? I hope you were able to get back to sleep. I don't do well, when I wake in the middle of the night. I can't normally go back to sleep.

Makakat I'm glad your foot is all better. I hear you on the walking fast. I walk faster than DH with just regular walking. It's like will you come on a move, already! I can only imagine if you are trying to get your heart rate up, etc. It's still getting out and walking, though. And it's good for you.

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-02-2012 at 09:42 AM.