Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #46  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Oh man, this not smoking thing is extremely difficult. With how much I've been eating lately to compensate, it's a wonder I haven't gained 5lb. I made chili with cornbread for dinner tonight, but I didn't look at the package on the cornbread until I had eaten 4 servings. 170cal each! And you know what I did after that? Ate two more

But I still haven't had a cigarette. I have come this close to asking DF for one or just rolling one and sneaking it, but I haven't done it. It's getting easier. I can't imagine ever coming to a point in my life where I don't think about it. Have any of you quit for good? If so, did you ever stop craving them?

Isabelle Olivia That sounds awful. I really hope you can find a way to get some sleep. I usually try sleepy-time tea from celestial seasonings. And this might be TMI, but try an orgasm. It's been known to help people fall asleep.

berry One one hand, like mamakat, I'm jealous. I love leaf piles. But on the other hand, I'm really glad we don't have any trees in our yard. I don't want to rake!

mamakat that hike through the woods sounds like it was a lot of fun! I used to sing while I delivered newspapers when I was a teen, but I'm much too self conscious for that now. I actually get embarrassed for myself when I think about it. I wish I had your spirit!

It's My Turn I am continually inspired by you and your wonderful attitude towards everything. I wish only the best for you.

Diana Oh, I love Cracker Barrel! I haven't eaten there in such a long time (and I'm not sure what I'd even get there anymore, since I used to eat mostly fried things when I ate there), but I love looking at their stuff in the store. I'm not that much into country, but they always have something neat.

To everyone else I missed, I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. I'm going to try, myself. I really want a cigarette.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #47  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quick post for tonight,
Cals 1338
Abs/Hill Interval: 425
Water: 72 oz

My glutes, hams, and abs are burning so badly right now. It literally hurts to sit on my toilet--I know TMI!
This new core routine I'm doing is KILLER! The workouts are 12-16 min in length, but the intensity is so great!
I don't think I've worked some of these muscle groups in over 10 yrs when I quit hanging wallpaper!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:17 AM   #48  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm loving these TMI commies Krystal I too am having aches from all the stuff I did yesterday. I think I shouldn't have done so many push ups, but like your abs, I want guns As for Shish, your TMI is actually good advice believe it or not it helps with muscle fatigue and pain as well. It's funny what you learn when you have conditions and yep, orgasms release a chemical in our bodies that helps with muscle fatigue and pain...so funny.

Isabelle I have no idea what a person can do naturally for insomnia. My freshman year in high school, I had it the entire year. The my sophomore year I caught up on Two years I had to make up, in two years. I'm probably the only person who isn't a genius who did all four years in two. Plus added correspondence classes in order to get enough credits. I still have insomnia but I treat it with meds. I hope you get some sleep soon

to all who are still sleeping.

The sun hasn't even risen yet. I'm exhausted. I even helped with dishes last night. We ate at the table!!!! Haven't done that for at least 8months. Now I have to be a hawk and make sure no one puts their junk on my nice clean table. I do not plan to move today and if I do I'll be amazed. Of course it's Tuesday which means Shrink for son and I. Poor kid got the "I just want to be friends" line on Saturday and then I told him he had to grow up on Sunday. Yikes, I feel bad for him. But I'm happy he opened up to me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #49  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

I've been gone a few days, as I was at a conference all Saturday and then Sunday DH, DS and I left to drive to Ohio (5.5 hours) for a funeral Monday. We got back last night about 11ish, and now off I go to a full day of work! Ah!

Weight is up 2 lbs to 165. I think its sodium, as we had to spend most of our meals at restaurants and fast food this weekend. So today its on plan, tons of water, and back down to 163! (or 162, that would be even better).

So tired, guys! I need motivation to get up out of my computer chair and face the day!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #50  
~Krystal~

Down 2 of the 4 lbs from the wknd!
Where the heck did 4 lbs come from? Darn h20 weight.
I defo didn't eat 14K cals!

Anywho, my hammies, glutes, lower back, & inner thighs are screaming this a.m.
It's supposed to rain here, so it's looking like for me.

If anyone gets serious about doing something new & taking their workouts to a new level, please let me know. I can defo hook you up!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #51  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - Thank you so much It's me and the hubster and long overdue to have a newer picture together, so I armed the kids, LOL. Way to go on waking up the glutes Hopefully restroom gets... ummm... easier? Today, LOL

shish - I had quite well over a year... never stopped craving but... it was less and less as time went on. It was through a pregnancy and nursing... I started within 2 weeks of ending nursing (long story), but in that time, certain things would trigger the cravings though. Mixing up routine would help a bit

mamakat - I can't imagine going so long without a table meal, but it always sounds so hard to peg you all down for one Hope the appointment goes well

Nikki - It sure sounds like a full weekend, and sorry about having to attend a funeral To lose someone and have to do restaurants, and be on the road.... if that is all you gained from sodium, you did well!

Thank the Lord, Monday is over and a new day has begun It may only be 4:30am, but it already feels better than yesterday I was able to get some sleep last night, got 6 solid hours! Yesterday the supervisors who turned me down for the position are barely making eye contact with me.. makes no sense from my end, cause I still waved and put on the happy face
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #52  
~Krystal~

Isabella: For my chronic "Shift Work Sleep Disorder", I am an avid Benadryl/Fast Dissolve Melatonin OTC abuser.
If you need something stronger in Rx form, ask for Ambien CR (more effective than regular Ambien imo), Lunesta, or if you really need 10-12 hrs of
sleep/nite--ask for 12.5mg of Trazadone! OMG!!! Sweet Dreams for HOURS for me when I took that Rx!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #53  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

Morning ladies!

I had a great day yesterday, totally on plan, feeling good.. and woke up this morning SIX POUNDS HEAVIER.

Oh well, I know it's nothing I've done.. this is ovulation time but I never realized it made that much difference for me. Can't even wear my wedding ring it's so tight. Hopefully a couple more days and I'll be back down...

Shishkeberry - I quit smoking 10 years ago last summer. I also thought there'd never be a time that I wouldn't miss it and crave it. I felt like I'd lost my best friend... but after a year or so, I literally never thought about it again. I never craved it, never wanted it, didn't matter where I went or who I was with... just was not a part of my existence anymore. It really is a habit, and when you remove that habit from your life and enough time passes, you make new habits (ie the habit of doing other things with your hands/time) and you never think of it again.

Don't worry, you'll get there! You're doing great, keep up the good work!

Have a fantastic and healthy day everyone~
Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #54  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Went to bed at 9:15 pm last night and woke up with the alarm at 6:15. SO NICE to get a full night's sleep. After the night before I got like 3 (maybe). And, another new low! Down another .4
Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

This morning, I didn't have a gain (from Cracker Barrel), but I didn't lose either. I am glad for not having a gain. I still feel swollen, though. It will take some time to get rid of the water weight from this weekend. I really think this is because of pending TTOM.

Weigh In: 146.2
No change (sometimes this is good )

ItsMyTurn Pretty lady! Love the new avatar!

Berry Congrats! You are rockin' your plan and that scale!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-15-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #56  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Really, I am amazed at the number of posts on here. I simply cannot keep up. Reading through quickly. berryblonde, thank you for asking how I was. I felt fine today. Really strange. Maybe it was some detox thing going on. I'd worked out hard at the gym the day before and drank some hydrogen water, or something like that. They said it would cause detox but I don't know... Oh, and yes, I got the writing down this morning before leaving just after 6 a.m. Hurrah!
ItsMyTurn, OK, I kind of understand. Of course you don't need to try to impress people. Not unless they're shaking your hand with bills in it!
I had a great day today, up in the mountains with my horse, a lot of exercise mucking out stalls, lungeing my horse who was racing around and nearly running into me (it was windy), got bit by another, saw a big hawk which is supposed to be good luck AND someone commented that I'd lost weight, that I looked 10 lbs lighter, which is about right since she last saw me. I lose in my face very easily though and that's all she could see since I was in my coat, but still, great, eh?! Now I'm back home in Tokyo, and going up the other direction to Ibaraki Prefecture tomorrow (today was Yamanashi Prefecture)...heh mamakat, add that to the time calculations! where I'll be teaching English to three people (one about 5 years old!) and German, so it should be a looong day. By the way, K9owner, is that you in the photo? What a knockout! And, do you have K9s? Shepherds? I love them.

Last edited by redballoon; 11-15-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #57  

GM girlfriends, and Larry if you are reading along. I went to bed at 8:00 last night, only woke up once, fell right back to sleep until the alarm got me up at 6:30!!!! Amazing. I feel much better. No change on the scale and like Diana said, sometimes that is good. I am closing in on ovulation and this is becoming the more difficult time of month for me lately (weight gain, hunger, cravings), so we will see what happens. I already had a crappy weekend with no workouts, felt like a slug, I need to finish this week strong.
I am sooooo looking forward to running today. I just need to get into that cadence with my feet and breathing and feel the sweat rolling off my face and neck. Love it. I really hope my foot feels alright. I guess I would be more nervous about it if I had actually injured it running, but that wasn't the case.
Need to get some groceries, or at least hit the fruit and meat market today. I am getting back my food mojo. Have been doing some meal planning and am in the mood to get some cooking done too.
Made red beans and rice (with sausage) last night. I soaked my own beans to cut down on the sodium in the canned. It was freaking fantastic, almost too good, I wanted to eat half the pan. I plan to make that recipe again and freeze it into individual portions for grab and go lunches. Potatoes are dirt cheap right now too. I think I will make a batch of freezer french fries, some freezer twice baked potatoes and some potato soup to double up and put half in the freezer. Maybe some squash sides too, that is cheap right now. Oh, and I want to make some homemade chicken patties for the freezer too, I am getting low on my Turkey patties. I need to nab up some turkey while it is on sale too. That will go in the freezer for a while. We'll see if I actually get that all done. Am I making you guys hungry? I know what I will be thinking about while I am running today!

So, should be a good, on plan, healthy eating week .
Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #58  
~Krystal~

jo: Perhaps I'll see you at the market! My plan today as well!!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #59  
~Krystal~

RedBalloon: Yes, that is me...in the flesh.
Yes, I have 2 canines--River lab/pit (2) & Jaxon unsure of his ancestry (14). They were both rescues & I've had them since they were both about 6-8 weeks old.
You can see their pic here
Old 11-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #60  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

OMG JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am starving now! LOL But I feel you about your food mojo. I just called my food stamp card and YEAH BUDDY!!!! I got my regular stuff plus the bonus I received from the food I lost in the storm! I can't WAIT to go shopping! I am totally going to treat myself to some minced garlic at Whole Foods! Add me to the list who need to go to the fruit and meat stores! I need chicken STAT!!!!

In weight news, I am down a pound this morning to 195.6. Got a great workout in yesterday! 45 mins on the elliptical. It was amazing! I love the incline on that thing!!! I am going back for more tonight! I also just made my FIRST personal trainer appointment for tomorrow at 430pm with Trainer Steve! I'm very excited!

Yesterday was good. Today, I plan on doing it again!
Closed Thread