Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Happy Monday to everyone!

Today is going to be very busy. I am currently on the train up to the city to chat with the startup some more. Then I am coming back early this afternoon to pack for vacation.

I still felt a bit out of control this weekend. I didn't binge or anything but I did snack more than usual (on things like almonds, grapes, oranges), I tried to keep moderation but the guilt won't go away. I'll work on it. The scale said 175.4 this morning so still in that same pound. I was hoping to make more progress this week but oh well. On vacation we will be hiking and I'll keep my drinking to a minimal. I actually don't drink here at home anymore, only at sporadic special occasions, where as my boyfriend has a beer every other day or so with one of his meals. Also I will include frou frou nonalcoholic drinks to a minimal too I always rather eat my calories.

Anyway, more to write later.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #32  

my foot isn't hurting me today, AND my gf cannot walk tomorrow morning, so you know what that means, I will ruuuuuuuuunnnnnn! Provided I get a good nights sleep tonight, that is. I am dogging it right now, but I am just going to stick it out and go to bed early tonight. Jeesh, I need to get a life, I am looking forward to exercising.
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Fell off the wagon over the weekend...big time ....but I'm not gonna let it bring me down...and I'm not even gonna post my weight, it's depressing! Hoping most is water weight!

But, I'm 100% on plan today, and I will be for the rest of the week.

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 11-14-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #34  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

wow, ok, never will I remember what went with who, but will give it a shot :

redballoon - It was an ongoing situation. I am not impressing anyone with my walking and nutrition... it was that I am not worried about trying to impress anyone, and just focus on me Again... long story, and since it doesn't have a happy ending, won't bore you with the details. I am trying to figure out the time differences with us too, Almost like a challenge now,

Mamakat - Way to go making time for the gym!!!! You take dusting tools or anything else you need...and remember cleaning is burning of calories too! It's even an option on MFP! LOL! I love that feature! I am borderline anal-retentive, but because of my long work hours, not home to clean often - therefore it's an out of ordinary activity and I do log each time I do it Gotta take a calorie burn anywhere ya can! :P You sound like I did with my food intake before working with nutritionist. She totally has me retrained now. I never used to eat breakfast, used to be just a cup of coffee. I was a big carb eater, or sweets... I guess that would be sweet carbs, Once that was taken out, it's tough to meet calories, even find myself scrambling at the end of the night to get more in. Alas, there are days that time doesn't allow though

Krystal - I only officially weigh in once a week, but unofficially twice a week. I don't think I could liberate myself this early on to not look at the scale though. Although I do find it strange when different clothes are fitting and I am going up and down the same 2Lbs for 3 weeks with no progression... yet the clothes fitting, sizing changes.... maybe the scale is around to just taunt us? I do use it to motivate myself though. If the numbers go up or even... then I tend to push myself more... which is probably why the inches come off - I can't guarantee I would push as hard without that taunting number staring me in the face though. How are you feeling? Recovered from pushing yourself to the limits yet?

Diana - so good to see you peeking in all accountable every morning. I think you should know what a huge inspiration you are to us (or especially to me). I see the numbers you lost, the difference to how you appear now, and I stand in utter awe. Yet you also boost others and still make us feel like we help keep you going! What an amazing person!!!! Thank you

Solarplant - good luck with your meet at the starter. I hope you get told what it is you are looking for in the way of answers. I also hope you have a lovely holiday!!!

jomatho - I am so glad the foot is feeling better!!! That is awesome news! A new bathroom, a new look, a total redecor..and now... now you can run too!!! Life can be so good sometimes, right? Working out IS having a life!!!! A longer life due to the right choices even...so I say... that's LIVING!!!

Kayla - I am glad you are saying it won't get you down, and I hope you can live it as much as you say it... cause it was a weekend, and ultimately we are human. That is what makes this a journey and not just a "trip" of sorts... it's struggles AND victories...and honestly I think we appreciate the victories more BECAUSE of the struggles Keep today clean and on plan... then, worry about tomorrow... then the next day - eventually you form habits, good ones that replace the old ones...and then it will seem like not-so-much of a struggle. Or that's my theory anyway

I want to take a minute and say Thank you! All of you have been so utterly supportive while I heard bad news. Melissa brought up a point that hit me: Me first, then the family, then the job. And she was right when she said it's easy to forget... I do tend to lose sight sometimes, as I am a natural workaholic, honestly. Also with the military upbringing of you bring your "A" game at ALL times, if you aren't the best, work until you become the best...if you ARE the best, then find a new challenge. That is where I am at now, trying to find that new challenge. Since this job IS the way I support my family, it's easy to forget the line up of priorities. When I hit that last brick wall, it crumbled me in a way that becomes hard to explain.... however the working it out over the weekend, the seclusion I did to myself to clear the thoughts, and the support from all of you helped me to see this - I AM still facing a new challenge! A challenge of myself! Not only have I taken off over 40Lbs, improved my nutrition levels, but also, I AM the best at what I do at work AND I am entering school again in January (there's the new challenge). I have refocused, I have put me in the mix, and I am moving forward and I seriously want to say thank you! You all have been amazing! Even those that didn't know what to offer for advice, you still lent a shoulder, an ear (or eyes in this case, lol), and an empathetic heart. Priceless! Due to that, this stumbling block has been made into a stepping stone and has not derailed the weight loss journey. I know this is long-winded (have a tendency to do that every now and then), but I don't do the whole sentimental/emotional thing very often, so it spews forth when I do let it. to everyone!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #35  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
I want to take a minute and say Thank you! All of you have been so utterly supportive while I heard bad news. Melissa brought up a point that hit me: Me first, then the family, then the job. And she was right when she said it's easy to forget... I do tend to lose sight sometimes, as I am a natural workaholic, honestly. Also with the military upbringing of you bring your "A" game at ALL times, if you aren't the best, work until you become the best...if you ARE the best, then find a new challenge. That is where I am at now, trying to find that new challenge. Since this job IS the way I support my family, it's easy to forget the line up of priorities. When I hit that last brick wall, it crumbled me in a way that becomes hard to explain.... however the working it out over the weekend, the seclusion I did to myself to clear the thoughts, and the support from all of you helped me to see this - I AM still facing a new challenge! A challenge of myself! Not only have I taken off over 40Lbs, improved my nutrition levels, but also, I AM the best at what I do at work AND I am entering school again in January (there's the new challenge). I have refocused, I have put me in the mix, and I am moving forward and I seriously want to say thank you! You all have been amazing! Even those that didn't know what to offer for advice, you still lent a shoulder, an ear (or eyes in this case, lol), and an empathetic heart. Priceless! Due to that, this stumbling block has been made into a stepping stone and has not derailed the weight loss journey. I know this is long-winded (have a tendency to do that every now and then), but I don't do the whole sentimental/emotional thing very often, so it spews forth when I do let it. to everyone!
Where's the like button?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #36  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

phone check in: 4mile walk, 65 push ups
6 loads of laundry, cleaned off kitchen table (took over an hour),swept & vacuumed and did the dishes, oh got gas and went to 2 stores. Taxi service too. I'm exhausted. DD told me to stop or i'd die from exhaustion that's how little I do around here. Even DS's friend was shocked. All this talk of food/calories and I didn't eat lunch, I'm hoping dinner will make up my deficit.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #37  
Melissa

90 minutes of nonstop raking and we're about 2/3s done with the backyard. My teen was out there with me and actually doing a decent job. The tree near the side yard and our front yard tree haven't dropped their leaves yet where everything around us in the back yard has dropped their leaves. And man, pine trees drop TONS of needles - unbelievable! 5 large piles of pine needles from ONE pine tree.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #38  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry.....I would so love to run through those leaf piles. I love the crunch and flying colors.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #39  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Berry.....I would so love to run through those leaf piles. I love the crunch and flying colors.
You would have fun. There are 20 piles in the back yard. All of them 4 feet tall. Of course, there are tons of sticks and twigs in there too, so it could be a little dangerous.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #40  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Berry That was a wonderful compliment from your DH.

Jomatho I'm glad your foot is better. Did you run today? I hop you get one in tomorrow.

K9 Hi I'm sorry about that gain. I get frustrated, too, from the whole sodium fiasco. Sometimes it will jump on me and other times it won't. Just like this weekend with the mahi tacos. I eat those and the grilled chicken tacos out and rarely have an issue. Sometimes I think it is also has to do with hormones. Why else would the sodium have an effect one time but not another. Crazy!

Ashkunc Great job on the 2 pounds!

Vixsin Good to see you check in! Keep it up.

Mamakat Congrats on the pants! Hmm, all that cleaning and walking! You had an active day!

Moondance Congrats on the 3 pounds and for making good choices at the parties.

Solarplant I hope you enjoy your vacation. I understand that feeling of not having control. Stay strong.

KaylaChristine Sorry about your falling off the wagon. Pick yourself back up. Today is a new day. You can do it.

Itsmyturn Thank you for your heartfelt post. All of you keep me going, every day. I truly appreciate everyone!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

DH wanted to eat close to the house tonight. He decided on Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel is one of those places that can make me have a sodium gain or not. I hope this time it doesn't bother me. Just like my post to K9, why does the sodium bother me at times but not at others. I can tell TTOM is getting ready to start. Maybe that's why I had such a sodium gain this weekend. Maybe that's why I wanted the taco sauce in the first place. Something to think about.

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (300 Calories)
Grilled Roast beef 400 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Total Body Toner w/8's & 10's
~TF HIIT 25
~TF Fire 30
Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

My diet has been really good lately. I ate 1200 cal every day last week.

I'm struggling at the moment with insomnia. I cannnot sleep for the life of me. And as those of you who have suffered insomnia knows after 2 weeks of only 3 hours a sleep a day you start to go pretty wacko. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I can focus on my studies, I zoom out of conversations with ppl, and when at practice I just don't have the stamnia and energy to put in my all when I'm extremely sleep deprived. Insomnia affects my mood. It makes me irritable and I let day to day frustrations get to me more easily. I had a near breakdown when the food I wanted at a restaurant wasn't in stock. I almost screamed at them. *Ashamed* Now, I suffer from anxiety and I'm under treatment for that; I think my pre existing issues is worsened by lack of sleep.

Do any of you know of a magical cure for insomnia?

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 11-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
You would have fun. There are 20 piles in the back yard. All of them 4 feet tall. Of course, there are tons of sticks and twigs in there too, so it could be a little dangerous.
That would be pure ecstasy for my parents' dog.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #44  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

As for insomnia - a hot bath and Melatonin seem to be my magic combo

Berry - raking is a ton of work, but the kids and I used to stuff and make scarecrows out of them in Maine... then fill pumpkin bags to line the driveway for the Halloween and Thanksgiving season

Great job on fitting in some fitness ladies!!!! I got in a 25 min walk and that was it today. The stress has made colon issues react again, but since I have a handle on it now, there is no way it will hold me down like before, I am good to go
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #45  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

STAR: I love your new avi!!!
Closed Thread