Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #106  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Geesh! I can barely keep up with all of you! I heave a bad attitude today. Got on the scales and saw an extra 2lbs. Frustrating especially since I haven't done a bad job with eating...a little extra snacking but nothing that far out of my WW points...and I did exercise all week. Just want to see result for the hard work. I can tell that things are fitting better and I don't have near the spillage over the top of my jeans...and that will certainly motivate me to continue on this journey. But today I just decided to throw a temper tantrum of sorts. No real bad eating choices, but I didn't plan my menu or count my points. Part of it, I think, is PMS. (Sorry Larry! Im sure you really don't want to read about this!) I believe that menopause has started so I get the PMS without the MS! I am hoping that the extra poundage is just the normal weight gain that I would normally get....who knows though. Ugh! Plus I have a headache that is doing its best to turn into a migraine. Ugh! Ugh!

Boy I am whiney today!

Lindsey~ great job. My DD started running last summer. I was thinking that if I dropped a few lbs I might try it out this summer. You inspire me!

I need to get a few more things done so I can try and sleep off this headache. Will try and catch up on posts tomorrow! Hope everyone is well!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Lindsey- I think you can get toned without high protein. What do vegetarians do? Don't you think in the end it is in the exercise you do for getting toned? I am in the middle of a very long low calorie diet to lose a significant amount of weight. It is important to surprise my body with the differing protein, carb and fat levels to keep it guessing so I don't plateau. For you- you are no where near needing to lose the amount I do... if any. I think for getting toned it'll all be about the exercise. Just my opinion. I am not a doctor or trainer or anything like that... just a girl on a diet.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #108  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Eeesh. I don't have time for personals. Today was long and pretty brutal. I got no consecutive sleep for longer than an hour last night. It was like clockwork, SOMEONE was waking me up, either the dogs, the children, the husband... UGH. I was literally up every HOUR, nearly on the friggin HOUR. I was furious and in a very bad mood until I was finally at the baby shower and could finally sit down.

The baby shower went well. I had a lot of compliments on my cake, even though I was less than thrilled with how it looked. It looked nice, but I could see flaws in the fondant and with some of the icing work and it bugged the crap out of me. Either way, it was delicious. I took a regular white cake, substituted very ripe bananas (frozen, then defrosted) for eggs, then added about 1/3 cup of 99 Bananas liquor and some other things to make it yummy. I used a chocolate cake batter and alternated that with the white batter to make zebra stripes. It WAS good. Very good, actually!

I don't know how many calories I had today. In the morning I had 6-7 bites of cake scraps for breakfast. LOL!!! How awful, hahaha.

At dinner I had 4 chicken tenders, 1/3 cup of plain potato chips with 1T of dip, 1 cup of mixed fruit, 1 slice of cake, a wine spritzer and a glass of Sprite. Oh, and I had 3 small chocolates and a mini brownie, approximately 1 inch across, with frosting. I'm not going to bother adding that up. I honestly don't care. Everything I ate today was a conscious decision, not mindless or out of control eating.

Speaking of mindless out of control eating, my dog got into the garbage and ate ALL of my leftover fondant. He's now puking giant puddles of neon pink nastiness every few minutes. So much for a relaxing evening.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 240/180/140

Height: 5ft3

I have been doing great this week w/ diet/exercise. Almost too great to where I feel an obsession coming on.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #110  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

49 calories over goal today. 1227 calories total. Not bad considering I'm sick with what I am almost positive is the flu. I've not really been hungry, but have craved comfort food all day....and even as weak as I've felt, I've still done a bit of cleaning and laundry (another appraisal probably on Monday...no time for being sick. )

B: Oatmeal 2 pkg 260 cal
L: Salad w/ff croutons, carrots, lettuce, ff french drsg (forgot the cals on
this)
S: 100 cal pkg popcorn 100
1 sucker (to soothe my throat) 50 cal
skinny cow chocolate ice cream cone 150
D: 2 cups Campbells' Chicken corn chowder soup 280
pkg whole grain crackers 180

I'm needing the reassurance/encouragement guys....I'm a big weenie when I'm sick and I sooo don't want to NOT lose this week. I know I'm being way hard on myself......I'm afraid if I fail one week, it may spiral out of control.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Hey guys!

Unsure where my calorie count will be with dinner... I ate really light before we went hiking, and we hiked about 7 miles so I'm keeping that in mind.

Breakfast/Snacks - Protein shake, Chocolite protein bar, granola bar - 475 cals

Dinner - We are cooking it now! Chicken/Feta/Spinach breast from Whole foods, eggplant and asparagus... little toast crackers and like 3 oz of fancy cheeses, 2 glasses of wine.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #112  

DianaLA: Bless your heart! You are sick. Get yourself better! You stayed so close to your calorie goal... you should be proud! Do not think you are spinning out of control... to stick to your calories while sick is YOU BEING IN CONTROL!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Belly – Aww, thank you! Definitely start running…I actually like it!

Stacy – You’re right! I think I’ll do the high protein thing this week since I spent all the money on the groceries, and then continue what I’ve been doing. I don’t know what I was thinking…I just can’t be spending money like that on food.

Pint – Oh my...that cake sounds AMAZING!

Helen – That’s awesome you’re kicking butt with diet and exercise!!

Diana (LA) – I think that is normal to feel like if you “fail” one week you might not get back on plan/lose control. I wouldn’t look at not having a loss this week as a failure at all. Look at it this way, it’s another week you stayed on plan and kicked butt! You’ve already lost weight thus far, and how do you feel? (Awesome, I’m sure!) What makes you think you won’t lose this week? Sounds like you’re doing great on your diet!

LLBold – WOW, 7 miles!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Sum: Sorry to hear about your MIL. My MIL teated me great right up till the day she died. I sure miss her.

MzJuicy: Hope you get well soon. Hard to do the right things when you are down but you can do it.

Berryblondeboys: Congrats on the .8 loss. I am cheering for you!!

Diana in LA: I hope that cold/flu is improving for you.

Stacygee: Thank you!! for the encouragement

LindseyLou: Congrats on setting a new personnal best in the 5K

Kim: I have lived long enough and have been around women with PMS enough to develope a coping strategy to deal with it. I Hide!!

Stacygee: I see by your ticker you have lost 71 lbs. Wow!! that is inspiring to me.

LLBold: 7 miles Wow!! I have not walked 7 miles since I was a teen.

Today was a good day for me. My wife and I went to a movie "SANCTUM" in 3D I really enjoyed it and what made it even better was I got absolutely nothing from the refreshment stand. The old me would have gotton the huge refillable tub of popcorn with lots of that oil they call butter and a huge drink. I would have refilled it part way though the movie. I never thought I could watch a movie without junk food.

After the movie it was dinner time and we went to CICI's Pizza. for those that are not familiar with CICI"s it is an all you can eat pizza buffet. I had two salads to start, followed by three slices of Buffalo Chicken 12" pizza and a 1/2 cup chicken noodle soup. Looking up the nutrients on line I had 733 calories for dinner which brought my daily total to 1021 calories. I will have to have a snack this evening as 1021 is a bit light for me.

The scale shows a 2 pound loss today. Yea! Wahoo!!

Larry,
-------------------------------
If you have the will to win, you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure. ~David Ambrose

Last edited by Larry H; 02-12-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #115  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I was at the grocery store the other week and saw some packaged cupcakes in the bakery dept. They really looked good. They had chocolate, mocha, vanilla, and lemon flavors. The package said they had 120 calories per cupcake. There are 6 cupcakes in the package. We eat dessert once a week, on Saturday. I thought I would try them for dessert tonight. I read the package and didn't see any artificial sweetener or sugar alcohols in them. I didn't see any weird ingredients. Anyways, we had them tonight and they were very good. The icing/frosting isn't heavy like it normally is. It's kinda light and airy, like it's whipped. I think they are an excellent treat. It's difficult finding a lower calorie dessert while still being treat like. I googled the company and found this information. http://modern-baking.com/company/hcb...-source-1.html

Total Approx 1630 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack (100 Calories)
Navel Orange 100 calories

Lunch (300 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap, no sauce 250 Calories
Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories

Dinner (865 calories)
4 Ounce 90% lean ground beef patty 275 calories
1 hamburger bun 100 calories
cheese, lettuce, tomato, ketchup 100 calories
11 Wavy Lays Chips 150 calories
2 chocolate cupcakes 240 calories

Exercise
Debra Mazda's Let's Get Stepping
Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #116  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Reading all these great updates make me feel good for everything. Even those who are sick, are struggling through!

Larry - you have developing great new habits! I hope you're proud of yourself and I'm sure your wife is!

LLBoldasLove - sounds like you are having a lovely weekend with the 'boy'. We took a 1.5 mile walk today and it was windy and could. Must have been nicer where you are!

LindseyLou - great job on making an improvement on your time which is a big deal especially because of the hills! I love the whooping for nearing the end and then probably the dread of, "what??? HALF MILE MORE?? UGH!!!!"

Diana3271 - what are the issues with sugar alcohols. I've seen that, but don't even know what that is or what it does!

LosingWeightinLA - I'm sorry you feel like crud, but you are handling it well. Remember, one hour at a time if need be.

BellyBusters - I'm sorry the scale is being a smart aleck with you. Just keep doing what you're doing. The scale will catch up!

Helen73 - Hope you manage the weird feeling you have coming on about food.

Pint Sized Terror - all I can say is GO TO SLEEP!!! Let your husband take care of things tonight. you need to sleep!

For me today I used my new fitness watch/heart rate monitor for a walk outside. Not much of a fitness walk as it was also with my 5 year old son and husband, but it was nice to be OUTSIDE all the same. That was 1.45 miles. Heart rate average was 116 (we had a couple steep hills that got my heart moving, but otherwise, not much, but it's MOVEMENT!)

Then, to up the difficulty with the Walk it Out game, I jogged in place on teh floor and ran several laps around my rec room to change it up every once in awhile. I did that for 70 minutes and my heart rate average was 130. The game said I did 3.8 miles or 13055 steps (for that time standing on the wii balance board it's usually 5.4 miles - weird difference there!)

Eating was all good today and I'm just feeling great! I sure hope this easy going sticks with me. If it does, I'll be one lucky gal!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #117  
Trying to live below 200

Diana(LA) Please don't get discouraged. Sometimes we have those days. You are also not feeling well. I personally think when you are sick, your body is busy trying to heal itself and get better. It's not working on losing weight. I have seen too many people get sick and stay the same or gain. Your body will regulate itself. Eww, I don't like the visual of 2 pounds of sinus pressure.

Stacy Great job on planning out your workouts! I would love to take a spinning class one day.

Munchie Great job.

Lindsey Congrats on the 5K! That's funny about you realizing you still had a 1/2 mile to go. I enjoyed the pictures.

Belly I hope you are feeling better from the headache/PMS.

Helen Hi Don't start obsessing! Take a breather!

LLBoldAsLove Great job on the 7 mile hike.

Larry Great job in avoiding the junk food at the theater.

Berry Sugar alcohols can cause gastrointestinal distress. (upset stomach or gas) People consume them all the time. I don't necessarily think they are bad. I just prefer not having too many crazy ingredients. Congrats on feeling good!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Morning everyone!

I have to say the hike was AMAZING, my hands got really cold by the end of it, but surprisingly, my legs (in shorts) were fine because I was using them so much. I cant wait until it gets more consistently warm... I would love to make a long hike my typical Saturday or Sunday workout!

Lindsey... I forgot to say, congrats on beating your time on the 5K! Hope you enjoyed your visit to Nashville!

Larry... Avoiding the refreshments counter at the movies is definitely a feat. I shared a medium popcorn with a girlfriend a few months ago, and was horrified when I looked up the stats later. Now we pop two bags of 100 calorie popcorn and sneak them in, in big purses!

Diana... I agree that just staying in your calorie goal when you are sick is something to be proud of!

Plan For Today:

2 cups Kashi Heart-to-Heart + Almond Milk - 333 cals
Apple - 80 cals
Protein Shake - 185 cals (I really need to do my grocery shopping, this is almost the only way for me to get my protein today!)
2tb peanut butter - 200 cals
Lots of veggies cooked in the pan with 3 eggs - 200 cals

Total of 1000 cals... I might keep it there because I cheated on Friday and a little yesterday.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #119  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #120  

Larry: I would be scared to even set foot in CiCi’s!! All the pizza you can eat for $4.99!! You are a brave man! And then you came in under your calories! That is an accomplishment! And thank you for the compliment. 71 pounds has been a chore- but I think the last 60 are going to be even harder! I’ll be here a lot for a distraction and support!

Diana: I would have eaten all 6 cupcakes in one sitting at 10PM at night and been here all the next day looking for people to tell me it was okay! Spinning is very addictive and I love it. But, some people hate it. I definitely recommend trying it though. It is really easy to work really hard in a spin class.

Berryblonde: Did your fitness watch tell you how many calories your walk burned on your walk? I have one. I need to wear it more often. I quit wearing it b/c at the gym my heart rate gets I guess TOO high and all kinds of alarms go off on it. Glad you are feeling great! Exercise can do that!

LLBold: Taking up hiking is something I would like to do. I need to figure out where I could go that isn’t too terribly far from home. And my 6 year old isn’t the best at physical exertion… although my 3 year old would totally keep up!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did an extra walk last night. 1 mile around my neighborhood. I need to start doing that whenever I can to get myself ready for the 5K in April. I walked to a light pole and then jogged to the next light pole. I was actually surprised at how good I felt and only had to walk 2 light poles about 3 times. Although today is my day of rest I will do it again. I think I’ll try 2 miles.

I am planning a light eating day. Breakfast- protein shake, Lunch- protein bar, Dinner- salad. I was going to plan an ornate meal plan for this week but decided to mainly just go back to my salads for dinner. I am going to try to keep my net carbs under 100g and my fat grams under 45g. That leaves protein grams of about 120 to be about 1200 calories. We’ll see. I guess I need to take my granola thins away. That has been my special treat… but I really need to get myself over this hump I am on!
Closed Thread