Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #61  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Just a little note about something I'm noticing about my behavior. Now that I'm taking better care of the 'inside me', eating better, exercising and dropping weight, I'm taking better care of the outside me more too! I wash my hair more often, I am picking out clothes that are more flattering when I go out of the house and because I feel better about myself, I am standing taller and prouder.

The funny thing is, I'm still obese. Twenty years ago I would have been so depressed to have gotten "this high". Now, I feel so much thinner! Look how the mind plays such tricks!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #62  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! Just checking in quickly. I have been running errands all day, including my little boy's awards ceremony at school () and I still haven't even started on the cakes. Ugh.

So I ended up not eating again until dinner, and I ate a really lousy dinner too. However, I'm actually below my minimum number of calories. Oops.

B: Omelet

L: None.

D: Order of onion rings, 1 shrimp po'boy from Popeye's Chicken, 1 side-size of mashed potatoes and gravy.

Total for the day was 1101 calories. Since most of that was fried food, I'm not celebrating any victories. I'm very unhappy that I didn't really do any good eating today, besides my omelet. I'm so stuffed from dinner that I can't even fathom another bite of ANYTHING, healthy or not.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #63  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

hi guys.
I'm lurking again. No weigh in today or anything, but I'm getting rededicated. Again. Anyway, hi, and everyone's been doing so well.
you'll be hearing more from me haha. When I have good things to tell.
Keep up the good work!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Lindsey: I was curious b/c I ave been doing a lot of thinking about this. This week I have been trying to get 140g of protein as per my trainer. I am thinking that is too much for me as I haven't lost this week. I try to keep my net carbs about 100. Recomended Daily allowances are: 49g of fat (I am always over that), 223g of carbs (I am always about half that), 19g of fiber (over that), 38g of protein (WAY OVER that!). I use livestrong.com now to figure it. I found that more of the calorie information seemed more accurate then fitday. Keep us posted how it goes!

DianaLA: Glad I could be there for you. We are all in this together. I am glad you had some supportive people at work too. XOXOXO

Berryblonde: I have SO NOTICED the same thing. I have started fixing my hair more and putting full makeup on. I have gotten very particular oabout my clothing. I used to NEVER wearmakeup and just put my hair in a ponytail! I feel like I am finding who I want to be... I was hiding before.

Pint: At least you can't fathom eating. I have thinking about dinner ever since about an hour after lunch! Only one more hour and I get DINNER. YAH!

--------------------

Sometimes I get lonely for everyone over the weekends. It is much slower on here and that is when I am here more!! Anyone going to be around this weekend?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Hola ladies and happy weekend .
Pretty decent day after all, so quick check-in:
B- 2 slices of bread with cream cheese and honey, 1/2 cup of coffee with skim milk
S - Latte
L - 4tbs of quinoa with 1/2 chicken breast, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce, an apple for dessert
D - 2 small pita pockets stuffed with lettuce, tomato, tzaziki and pork gyros (pre-marinated, so I'm sure it was fatty )

On to some personals:
munchie - Welcome back . Looking forward to seeing you back.

Pint - good luck with the cakes!

berryblonde - How great for you. I'm noticing some of the same things, especially what you said about standing taller. I just notice I walk with more confidence and wear things that a few months ago I would have considered "unflattering", even though I'm sure they don't look much better now

Gaining - Feel better soon!

novelista - Don't beat yourself up. TOM is a ***** sometimes

sum and jomahto - Woohoo for your NSVs! That's great news - keep up the good work

Diana - Hi there

Everyone else - stay strong ladies (and gentleman )
Old 02-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Munchie - Welcome back!!!!!!!

Stacy - 140g seems like A LOT. I'll let you know how my plan goes. Maybe mix it up and try lower protein one week and see what happens..? I'll keep you posted though! I'm hoping it will help me get to goal and get toned!

VET UPDATE: DP's mass was actually drained for the specimen and hasn't gotten bigger. The lab said the fluid was mostly inflammatory cells, indicating a mammary cyst, but they did find a couple suspicious cells they believe might be carcinoma cells. Unsure of what to do at this point...? She will probably have it removed. Poor baby...
Old 02-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #67  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post

VET UPDATE: DP's mass was actually drained for the specimen and hasn't gotten bigger. The lab said the fluid was mostly inflammatory cells, indicating a mammary cyst, but they did find a couple suspicious cells they believe might be carcinoma cells. Unsure of what to do at this point...? She will probably have it removed. Poor baby...
Hugs to baby!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #68  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

cincimini Thanks

stacygee I will be here.

Pint Sized Terror You did so well today!!

berryblondeboys I totally relate.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

YAH Sum! But I think I'll go to bed... until tomorrow.... adios~!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #70  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone I took DH with me to try on the jeans again tonight. DH really liked them and thought they are worth the price. I am going to wait until I get to goal and analyze from there. I liked the size 12 but the SA thought I should get the 10's.

Sum I'm glad you got a diagnosis with your DD. Hee Hee about your DH noticing your weight loss.

Vixsin I hope your neck is better tomorrow.

Pint Your omelet sounded awesome! I love omelets. Your calories are good. Just keep trying.

Jomatho Congrats on the 208! Locally, I can buy them at Dillard's. Here a link to their site: http://nydj.com/ Yay on the NSV with the jeans!

Berry I always buy things on sale or use coupons. I asked the SA today and she said they don't put them on sale. It's funny you mentioned about fixing yourself up more. I am experimenting more now with makeup colors. I am really having fun with it. Great job on feeling better about yourself.

MzJuicyD I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. The .8 is probably just a daily fluctuation or from the sodium in your soup.

Diana(LA) Thanks for the support about the jeans. About last night. Today is a new day. Pick yourself up and keep on truckin'. I hope you feel better by tomorrow.

LLBoldAsLove Hi

Novelista Hi Enjoy your weekend!

Munchie Hi and Welcome!

Stacy I will be here this weekend. I am on here more on the weekends.

Cincimini Great job staying on plan. Hi

Lindsey What did the Vet recommend? A lot of times I will ask the Vet, what would they do if it were their pet. I think the news could have been a lot worse. So I would see it in a positive light. There's still a chance it's not cancer since they used the term "might".

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-12-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #71  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1440 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 Calories
2 Orders Collard Greens 200 calories
1 Order Green Beans 100 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 60
Quick Fix Total Cardio Kick Core Focus
Quick Fix Total Cardio Kick Kickbox Blaster
Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #72  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

I've ended up five calories over goal...not bad. I'll take it!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #73  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Lindsey: I was curious b/c I ave been doing a lot of thinking about this. This week I have been trying to get 140g of protein as per my trainer. I am thinking that is too much for me as I haven't lost this week. I try to keep my net carbs about 100. Recomended Daily allowances are: 49g of fat (I am always over that), 223g of carbs (I am always about half that), 19g of fiber (over that), 38g of protein (WAY OVER that!). I use livestrong.com now to figure it. I found that more of the calorie information seemed more accurate then fitday. Keep us posted how it goes!
140 is too much. too much protein is harder on teh liver. Having more fat (especially plant fat) is much easier on the body than protein and that is where to bulk of your diet should come - not so much animal fats, but PLANT fats - olive oil, avocado, nuts, etc.

I've been eating pretty similarly for carbs. Typically I eat 50% fat and 28% carbs and 22% protein and I feel great. I'm eating about 1500-1800 calories a day and exercising an hour a day. I'm truly not hungry, my complexion is better than it has ever been and I don't crave sweets AT ALL. Oh, and I typically get 30-35 grams of fiber a day.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-11-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I have been in meetings all day and had to eat out breakfast and dinner.

I stayed within my calorie goal despite eating out 1341 for today.

Dinner was breaded and fried haddock it was a bad choice. Even though I stayed within my calorie goal for the day I have been eating low fat for so long that this fried haddock really had a gross after taste. The fish and oil was ok but my taste buds sure have changed for the better.

No chance to exercise today but I will be free tommorrow and the weather is supposed to be cool but sunny.

Larry,
----------
One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it. ~Sidney Howard
Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #75  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Hi ladies, we went out for the first time since New Years eve, had a great time . I had 3 captn and diets, and a cherry bomb, and I'm not going to beat myself up about it, LOL. Homemade crockpot beef roast for dinner, and tomorrow is a new day!

Congrats to everyone for the successes! We are all doing so well!!! More personals if I EVER catch up on my homework, LOL. (tomorrow I hope... )
Closed Thread